Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Cigna Open Access Plus and was wondering if anyone could tell me how difficult it was to get approval. I have done the psych eval, have the pcp referral, have the bmi, and am currently doing the 90 nutrition. Was there anything else that you had to do for approval? My pcp will give me health clearance when it gets closer also. Any info would be great to help lower the anxiety.:(

Thanks

I have Cigna PPO I believe.

I had to attend a seminar, have an initial consultation, general blood work, a manometry, endoscopy, ekg, meet with a physical therapist, meet with a nutritionist and do 3 months of weight management. I also had to attend an informational Q&A.

I know for sure my insurance required the 3 months of observed weight management but the other things might have been a requirement for my surgeon.

Cigna took about four weeks to approve me.

I have really bad anxiety too! I have been going through this process for about eight months and the only way I have gotten through it is to take it one day at a time and one step at a time. It will all be worth it!

Edited by Norm13

My surgeon office did the blood work. According to the surgeon office I only need to complete the 90 which I have a little less than 60 days left and get my pcp health release for surgery. I already have the psych eval, pcp referral, comorbidity and BMI for the surgery completed

I had Cigna and it was the same. They approved me in less than 24 hours.

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG: 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I have a Cigna plan. Once my requirements were met my approval was back in two business days. According to my surgeon there are much worse insurance carriers to deal with.

What requirements did you have?

I had a 90 day supervised diet, had to see a psychiatrist, have a heart test and a letter from my PCP. I am not sure if the heart test was my surgeons qualification or insurance, but I am really healthy other than severe osteoarthritis and being chunky. [emoji3]

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG: 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I am in my 90 day diet, I have my psych eval complete, my pcp has done the referral letter and will do the health release in June. I think I have everything complete for insurance minus the 90 day of which I still have 60 days left... 😁