Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on November 8th, 2007 in Monterry Mexico with Dr. Rumbaut?

Hi I am ashley and I will be having Lap band surgery on November 8th in Monterry, Mexico! I am just looking for poeple who are having the surgery there at the same time as me or if you just want to chat. I will be in Mexico from the 5th-11th so just let me know! I am so excited though I need this more then anything right now! And I am so blessed to be bale to have this done! I hope everyone is doing greal! Please talk to me!

Hi Ashley - My name is Lisa and My cousin Ruth and I will both be in Monterrey on the same dates and are scheduled for the same day. I waiting for my final financing, because mine was a last minute decision. Where are you from????

Hi Lisa~

I live in Montana, my mom and I will be leaving on the 5th to have some fun before the surgery! When will you be arriving? I am really nervous!!! I started my liquid diet today and it is really hard! and I have been crying a lot today I am pretty sure it is just nerves! But who knows! Well we will be there then I am sure we will run into you and your cousin!

Take care

Ashley:

How nice that your mother is going with you! Is she getting the surgery, too, or just going to take care of you?

A liquid diet is tough for about the first three days. If you can stick with it, it gets easier. At least, that's how it was for me when I was on Medifast four years ago.

Good luck on your trip! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Hey Ashley! My name's Andie. I'm having my surgery on the 9th up here in Washington State. Kind of wish I was going to Mexico as a little sunny getaway prior to the surgery would have been lovely. Hehehe... I'm sure the crying is due a lot to nerves. There are probably a lot of other emotions that are coming into play too. This is an incredible, life-changing thing that you're going through! You've decided that your health and living a longer, happier life is more important than being able to have just *one more helping* of this or that. Saying goodbye to the "old friend" is really tough. I don't know about you, but I LOVE food! It used to be about emotional eating for me, but now it's just because, well food IS AWESOME! But, frankly, it's killing me. I have the most beautiful little boy who loves me so much and wants nothing more than for Mommy to play at the park with him, or build train tracks in his room with him... but I just can't. So for him, for my amazing husband, and most importantly for ME so that I can live a more comfortable, healthier, happier life, I'm having this surgery. That's why we've all decided to do it. It's not vanity -- well, not entirely. Hehehe... I'm really proud of you for making the decision to do this. It's HUGE! We're all here for you and will continue to be here as long as we need one another. Wouldn't it be great if the November bandsters could have some sort of reunion somewhere? I would so totally LOVE that!!!!!