Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can someone tell me (thin = bad rant)

Where are these blogs being talked about? I haven't seen a place for blogs on LBT

Ah jeez....

looking at your last blog entry, all I can say is that you really need to quit internalizing these forum posts. A generic comment on body types doesn't necessarily reflect directly upon you.

If you're happy with yourself, what does it matter if some random people don't agree with you -- especially if they're living quite literally halfway around the world? Screw 'em. Take a look in the mirror, have the last laugh and go enjoy your life.

So, having comments left on your blog calling you an anorexic whore wouldn't bother you? How about the one calling you a "show off". Or what about being called a skinny bitch?

I don't care who you are, or where in the world you live, no one deserves to be called those sorts of names for no good reason.

But thank you for your concern.

First of all - being the same height and weight as someone doesn't mean you necessarily look anything like them.

Most people at the same weight and height are somewhere near the same size. The shape may be totally different, but two people of the same weight and height will be able to get into the same clothes.

I have no idea what you look like. Doesn't matter to me. If I think you're skinny, it doesn't make your life any different. If I think you're fat, it doesn't matter. If I think you're too short/tall/pale/tan... you get the idea. I think the Olsen twins look unhealthy.

No? You don't know what I look like? I know what you look like, your pic is in your AV, just like mine was in my sig.

The media have a very nasty habit of printing only the photos with the most dramatic effect. Therefore, you will only see photos of them without makeup, in baggy clothes, taken from a bad angle so they can say "See! They are pale, and skinny" I bet you a dollar that if I was to post a pic, taken from a bad angle of me in baggy clothes with no makeup I would look pale and skinny too.

But that's a whole other thread! LOL.

"Fat" and "skinny" are only insults if that's how they're meant to be. When I say that I am fat, I am not insulting myself, I am describing one of my physical characteristics, just as if I said "tall" or "redhead." Same with "skinny." They're just adjectives.

Maybe you can be that pragmatic about being called fat, but I could never be. I never liked it. Being called a fat cow botherd me. Being called an anorexic whoe bothers me. So for me, skinny, is no different.

Where are these blogs being talked about? I haven't seen a place for blogs on LBT

There are journals on LBT, but the blog being talked about is my blogspot blog.

Most people at the same weight and height are somewhere near the same size. The shape may be totally different, but two people of the same weight and height will be able to get into the same clothes.

I know this to be not necessarily true, at least in my case. Unless you don't define "getting into" the same clothes as the same as having the clothes actually fit. People are often shaped very much differently than one another, even at similar weights and heights.

blog is an abbreviation of the term weblog. A lot of people use them as a online personal journalling type thing. Chickie had the url of hers in her signature up until a few days ago. You might want to look it up on wikipedia.org for more info....