Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I actually love doing laundry because I love my new washer and dryer but I am horrible at folding it - my clothes are soo wrinkled.

Lulu - my mom had a Bichon and one time when the whole family met back in colorado for Christmas - the dog was attacked by a coyote - sadly we found her hanging on to life - but too much damage was done for the emergency vets to save her.

All right I'm going to share a drunk secret with all of you to help avoid or at least severely reduce the symptoms of a hangover.

Medically speaking you get hungover due to 2 major things - dehydration and the depletion of B Vitamins (effect of alcohol on your system)

Go out and by a B-complex Vitamin supplement (look for one with the highest percentages of a wide variety of the b vitmains)

Take one supplement when you start drinking if you can - but most importantly - take one before you go to bed and drink at least a 16.9 oz bottle of Water - better if you drink 32 oz. If you are someone very prone to headaches - take ibuprofen as well (400-600mgs) - but many times rehydration and replacing the b vitamins will stop the headache.

I couldn't handle that! I had to instruct DH on the proper way to fold T-shirts - 1/2 lengthwise, rt arm, lft arm, 1/2 again. Sort by color, stack sideways in drawer.

It works out though - he (ex military man that he is) was appalled at the way I ironed....I had to learn the 'right' way.

Relationships are compromise, right?!?:)

compromise is exactly it!

i'm very lax - i don't care how my towels or workout clothes are folded. he's actually better than me - and as long as it smells downy fresh -i'm good to go.

my 2 issues are the bathrooms/kitchen. we have 3 kitchens (one guest / upstairs - downstairs & outside with the grill * smokers...plus a BBQ pit) so those are my hot spots - anything else, i'm very happy if DH wants to pick up the slack.

taps - watched hudsucker proxy again today.....sucker for the coen bros..:blink: have 3 movies tonight, i smell garlic & just cracked into some good "wine".

i really think i only wkout so i can eat / drink:):)

I do the laundry for DS and myself. DH doesn't care about mixing colors and whites or pouring what seems like a half gallon of bleach on top of his whites. After having to replace socks and t-shirts because of the bleach holes, I stopped allowing DH to wash my clothes. He doesn't like the way I wash, so I try not to touch his clothes. It is really funny though. He doesn't like the way I wash, but he hates it when I dig around his clothes looking for DS's clothes. I told him that he couldn't have his cake and eat it too. I refuse to wash for him and then have him complain about how I do it. hmpf He will cook periodically. Usually it is only fattening fried foods. When he cooks, I eat it and tell him it was great even if it was horrid! I figure if I encourage him enough, he might start to like cooking! I have DS put his own clothes away (including folding). Now that I know the right way to fold the shirts, he will be getting a lesson on it.

Lu~ I will come vacation at your place, sounds great. However, I would be the one that couldn't lounge around, I would be up helping around the place!

I could clean to earn my keep!

G4E~ Hope you get that lawn mowed, sounds really tall!

Thanks, he came while I was at my DGS's b-day party, One thing though, he cut my creeping vines I have on my railings of the porch. he weed-whacked them.

QUOTE]

:):lol::):lol::blink: When I got to my DD's home I was sitting and talking to DD. My DGD (she just turned 3) came up to me and for the first time noticed my arms. More specific my bat wings. Any way she starts batting them back and forth! I was laughing so hard by the time she got finished. She would slap 1 arm back and forth then move to the other and repeat. She did this 4 or 5 times. But it was just so funny the way she was doing it and the look on her face!

I remember typewriters! I don't know why there aren't cent signs on keyboards.

So what key got changed in order to remove the cent sign? I'm thinking it used to be above the 2 and now that's the ampersand...but I don't remember.

I was trying to order how he loaded the DW!! He now does it his way, and I shut up and let him!!!

I just wait until he is out of the kitchen, and then reload it...and only those items he insists on loading incorrectly.

Go out and by a B-complex Vitamin supplement

Take one supplement when you start drinking if you can - but most importantly - take one before you go to bed and drink at least a 16.9 oz bottle of Water - better if you drink 32 oz.

I knew about the dehydration, but not the Vit B...must get some of that.

i'm very lax - i don't care how my towels are folded.

ARGHH!!! Towels are probably my number 2 pet-peeve...I've been known to refold and straighten friends linen closets when I've seen towels not right. And in case you want to know, the raw edges never face out, the decorative trim is always facing the same direction.

he cut my creeping vines I have on my railings of the porch. he weed-whacked them.

Oh dear. Well, unless he uprooted them too, they will grow back.

She would slap 1 arm back and forth then move to the other and repeat. She did this 4 or 5 times.

:):lol:

You say that as if there's any other reason! :)

Exactly!

I WANT that exit interview now...I will not go quietly.

Now now Glou - since you and DF(fiance) work at the same place, you can't go off about things if/when you did get laid off! Dat would be bad gul!

DH's one requirement when planning the wedding: not during football season!!!

Funny! As you know, I'm a U of Tenn graduate and huge football fan. A gf's brother got married on a UT/Bama weekend and we were all so pissed! The brother didn't care but the females involved did!!!

Football...yuck! I have to hear about "our boys" all year long. DH acts as though he has stock options in the Titans. You would swear that he wore one of those wireless head sets that goes directly to the coaches ear. Of course, the volume must be way down on it because he yells like he is trying to get someone in Egypt to hear him. Can you tell I am NOT looking forward to football season?

LOL my parents are season ticket holders for the Titans. When I go home to visit in the fall, football is ALWAYS on. If/when I get married and he's a huge sports fan, he's banned to the basement for that season!! It's finished; he'd love it!

PJTP-have you ever slimed so much that you actually wanted to PB? As a banded person, not chewing is not an option. As a banded person with braces, how the hell am I supposed to eat!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sliming is seriously SO gross. I didn't make it to the toilet twice while PB'ing and omg - it's like slug slime. Gah.

Obviously I didn't give enough thought to the dynamics of being banded with braces. I am sure that the stress over not having solid food is making it worse. I apologize for complaining.

Never apologize for expressing your feelings; they're yours to own!

Ratso-fratso - kick the wall!!!!!!

Love this - I usually use "fricka fracken" so now I have a new one!

ha! found it...I'm 40% ghetto. But, I don't get it...ghetto is a place, not a quiz. How can that be? *pops bubble gum and twirls hair....

I think of ghetto being more like a "feeling" - like being country vs. being redneck vs. being white trash!!! Tho I am right proud of my ghetto bootay. (That along with my musical taste have earned me the distinction of an "honorary sistah" at work!!)

Oh, yeah...hey Beth - what do you have against multi-quote? :)

No doubt. 8 posts in a row? Danggggg

On the other side though are the dirty old men who can't wait for their nightly bed bath and insist they are just too weak or tired to do it themselves - DISGUSTING!

OK ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

People with the TAS2R38 genotype have a heightened sensitivity to bitter taste. Their genetic makeup includes a gene discovered in 2003 that controls the presence of receptors for a bitter-tasting compound called 6-n-propylthiouracil (PROP)....

Kat, reading this freaked me out. It's like you're describing me to a T. I'm going to do some research on TAS2R38. I still am not a big drinker or veggie eater.

PS where did the cent sign go? It used to be on typewriter keyboards....of course this question is only relevant to those old enough to remember typewriters, which eliminates most of you!!!

Hey hey heyyyy - I took typing in 8th grade on a manual typewriter and I'm "only" 42! (Manual typewriters were so tough on the pinkies!!)

I couldn't handle that! I had to instruct DH on the proper way to fold T-shirts - 1/2 lengthwise, rt arm, lft arm, 1/2 again. Sort by color, stack sideways in drawer.

I think yours and Kat's folding methods are the same if I read them correctly. This is not how I fold T-shirts but I'm definitely going to try it!! (I do 1/3's length-wise and then in 1/2 to the neck which can be very lop-sided.)

All right I'm going to share a drunk secret with all of you to help avoid or at least severely reduce the symptoms of a hangover.

Good info to have, thanks!

ok so I did end up making something - blackened chicken Fettuccini alfredo and some more blueberry zucchini bread.< /p>

Then as I was walking out of the kitchen going to work - I saw my peaches on the counter and thought they would go really good in a white sangria - thanks a lot Lulu!

It works out though - he (ex military man that he is) was appalled at the way I ironed....I had to learn the 'right' way.

Relationships are compromise, right?!?:)

The best compromise is the one where you say, "well I'll never get it right by your standards, so you had just better do that yourself then, hadn't you?" Works a treat!! I don't Iron OR wash my partner's clothes. I offered and made the attempt early on, but managed to turn one of his favourite shirts slightly pink and double creased the sleeves on another when I ironed it, and was politely asked not to do that any more. SUCH a hard request to comply with!! :):blink:

PS: Why would anyone fold shirts? That's what hangers are for!!

Edited by Fanny Adams

slim - we have no idea what happened to her ... just saw her chase a coyotte and never came back home, i loved that dog (sophie)....personality on steroids!!!

They are all personality on steroids! Love it!

DH has turned into a fine cook !!!! and if that's what he wants to do....HAVE at it, like when he decides to laundry. doesn't fold shit the way i do - but if he's going to do it....HAVE at it!!

My DH believes in throwing it all in and drying everything - drives me nuts. So I willingly :) do the laundry.

ktork - i LOVE my dogs, w/no kids - they are them; spoiled rotten. i have a red heeler that i would love to do agility competitions with. i signed her up - we took one class, and i was handed my money back. her socialization skills are horrible. so i take my putter and a bucket of golf balls and send her off hunting each AM.

I have one that is like that too. I still work him at classes and he just loves it. Will most likely never be able to run trials with him, but he still loves the work! Love the golf ball idea - JRs would love that!

That is so sad about your dog Luluc. Though I am scared of dogs, I can still understand how loved they are. My family loves to tell me that I had a puppy as a child. They also told me that he was run over in front of our house. I am really glad that I don't remember it.

I have more than enough puppy love to go around for you!

Perhaps that's why you are scared of them - you witnessed or heard about this, and it frightened you.

I agree with Tap.

I feel like Lucy...Psychiatrist is in, 10 cents a visit.

PS where did the cent sign go? It used to be on typewriter keyboards....of course this question is only relevant to those old enough to remember typewriters, which eliminates most of you!!!

Well, I am old enough. I even had to take a typing class in college for my teacher certification - ouch, how old am I??? I can't remember where the cent sign was, but there was one.

I actually love doing laundry because I love my new washer and dryer but I am horrible at folding it - my clothes are soo wrinkled.

I hate folding too! The close usually sit in the basket far too long and are always wrinkly! I have my DS fold towels - when he was little that is what he wanted to help out with and I figured it was easy for little hands to do.

Go out and by a B-complex Vitamin supplement (look for one with the highest percentages of a wide variety of the b vitmains)

Take one supplement when you start drinking if you can - but most importantly - take one before you go to bed and drink at least a 16.9 oz bottle of Water - better if you drink 32 oz. If you are someone very prone to headaches - take ibuprofen as well (400-600mgs) - but many times rehydration and replacing the b Vitamins will stop the headache.

You could make money on this info in a college town![/QUOTE]

We had a major thunderstorm again this evening and lightening struck the tree in front of our house and knocked out a big branch! Crazy! Had another downpour and flooding in the streets. Now all is back to normal and the temp is at least tolerable! Pretty boring day here, I was just hanging with the dogs and reading my book. It is nice to have a lazy day occasionally!

So I am anxiously awaiting the clock hands to turn past 0715 so I can end my work week (for 1 whole day :thumbdown: - got talked into picking monday night up - cause they needed a charge nurse.) Then off to target to get my goddaughter a present because today is her 1st birthday and I think I will make her Peanut Butter chocolate cupcakes.

One year old? I bet she will love the cupcakes!

I thought I would be back home by now. I am going to stop at Wally Jr (my small super Wal-Mart) on my way home. I hope they have my chocolate Torani Syrup in. All they had was hazelnut. I don't like that one enough to drink daily.

I think she will love shoving her face into one and I know her parents will love them.

They mentioned taking her to the zoo possibly so if they do - I will probably go as long as I can stand up

Part of me wants to stay home though and watch Fast and the Furious which arrived from netflix before I left for work tonight

Morning all.

Unbelievably, it is raining again. I am just so sick of rain and it's making me cranky. I resisted signing on this morning in case I started bitchin' at you - can't be growling at my PJTP family!

Ive consumed coffee, and worked on a puzzle, and just can't seem to get interested in doing anything...

Mope mope mope. gack. gotta get out of this mindset.