Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Lu, heart has a point with her meds maybe causing some change in the friend. When my DH had his Major GI bleed, he was in a coma for days, then when he come out, he was wierd for a couple of days, then settled down. Scared me because they didn't know if there might be problems from lack of blood to the brain during the worst of the bleed. I kept praying he not always be that way! He didn't recognize people, and would say inappropriate things---and got "he" and "she" mixed up all the time! In a few days he was good again. Then we moved out of ICU and they changed his meds. They began using benadryl to help him sleep and he was allergic to the chemicals they add to blood platelets, so he was getting LOTS of benadryl. So he would sleep a lot.

He had company one day and they give him his meds, and suddenly he decided it was time to go walking! He was WEAK! He always had 2 of us walk with him using a walker, and he decided to use his IV pole. When I tried to steer him back to bed he...I SWEAR this is true.....bared his teeth and growled at me!!!! I was dumb founded! I was mad, sad, scared and cracking up all at once. The nurse got him back to bed, and he was flopping all around, the benedryl had turned on him, and instead of sedating him, it hyped him up. Well he was supposed to be being still for the wound in his esophagus to remain closed, so they knocked him totally out again. He woke up my Rick again. He does remember it tho, and he said he was just ANGRY beyond belief, and he has no idea why other than he was scared, and unhappy with being sick.....sounds kinda familiar huh? So tell your friend to make sure HE brushes HIS teeth so if he bares them and growls at her, she won't be knocked out with bad breath!!!

Taps, sopapillas, are not donut like. They are not sweet. Have you ever fried a flour tortilla (like for a taco salad) and had them puff up----that is more like a sopapilla. I in fact prefer them with salt and pequi--------a crushed red chile....mmmmmmm

Yeppers I think uncooked flour tortillas are on my don't like it no more, no more list!

I even thought about the hair down his back comment, and unlike the sexy shirtless guys, this guy I was lucky enough to never see without his tight tshirt, so have no idea if the fake curls continued anywhere else!!

Son, DIL and DGS coming to dinner. Frying chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh squash from the garden,and biscuits. DH told DGS he would take him to ice cream after dinner so I don't have to make anything else. I ask DIL what she would like and this was her choice.....so guess I will go get busy.

Rescued a Golden Retriever today at work, walked out to get some air and he was wondering around so I petted him, and checked his collar. We called the animal control, and sure enough someone who was visiting at the hospital lost him, a friend was sitting with him outside and he took off following a truck with dogs in it. I told the animal control officer I would spring for the $$$ to buy him a leash. She agreed. Was cute, she said they told her he was 7 months old....silly teenager dog!!!

See y'all later!

Speaking from experience - people go a little nuts in the hospital, meds, lack of sleep, lack of normal routine, the medical processes going on in their body and countless other factors. It always cracks me up when the 90 year old grandpas or priests and nuns start cussing at anyone who walks into their room or stripping in front of anyone - the patient usually has no idea what they are doing and doesn't remember it in the future - but their poor family and friends are just distraught.

On the other side though are the dirty old men who can't wait for their nightly bed bath and insist they are just too weak or tired to do it themselves - DISGUSTING!

oh kat your story sounds familiar.

DH's friend is like in twilight zone - he yelled at me today for stealing her away; he knows better by my look alone & then got weepy. till DH showed up w/some movies & soup.......wondered if he snuck friend in a martini - but i left w/wife fast.

2 mojitos in ; done.......she's napping in our guest room & has 4 of my dogs laying on her. me i'm pissed i don't have mojito fixings.....slim:

white rum

mint - lots

limes - lots

stevia (rather than sugar)

selzer

mmmmmm fried chicken:)

.....slim:

white rum

mint - lots

limes - lots

stevia (rather than sugar)

selzer

mmmmmm fried chicken:)

List made, heading to the store now (thankfully I already have stevia). Be back soon!

PJTP-I really like mojitos. mmmmmm.:):drool:

DH would probably like a mojito mix instead of fresh. He doesn't like the mint leaves (I think that makes the drink), but likes the taste. Of course, a mix won't taste the same I am sure. I will never admit that it has stevia in it since he claims he can always tell when there are artificial sweetners (yeah right).:)

Son, DIL and DGS coming to dinner. Frying chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh squash from the garden,and biscuits. DH told DGS he would take him to ice cream after dinner so I don't have to make anything else. I ask DIL what she would like and this was her choice.....so guess I will go get busy.

What time is dinner?:)

What time is dinner?:)

i KNOW - i saw 'frying' chicken and i was lost .....

the ABSOLUTE best part of my MIL & her fryin' up stuff.

slim - fresh mint IS the mojito!!!!

friday night --- feels WAY weird, friend sleeping - hubby being a nurse, dogs all w/friend.....i feel a bit lost & there is NO chicken/gheto thread going on anymore!!!!!!:)

I love mojitos - I sometimes cheat and go 1/2 and 1/2 with seltzer and a diet lemon lime soda.

I am actually allergic to several alcohols (no vodka or schnapps for me) and for this reason I think my body has always had a natural aversion to alcohol in general - I genuinely don't like the taste and have had to work very hard to be able to drink (how messed up is that) I basically only drink sweeter drinks where you don't taste the alcohol as much.

so i took that damn ghetto quizz *house so quiet**:

6% Ghetto - You redefine ghetto. Your neighbors have tried to get you kicked out but you parked your car in front of the door so they couldn't post the eviction notice. You're going to be a legend.

i KNOW - i saw 'frying' chicken and i was lost .....

I love fried chicken. I haven't had any good fried chicken in forever. I avoid it because I know I would make myself sick trying to eat it.

the ABSOLUTE best part of my MIL & her fryin' up stuff.

slim - fresh mint IS the mojito!!!!

This is the first time I have ever had fresh mint. I have looked at it in the store several times but was afraid to buy it. I will never look at it the same. I will be buying more mint and limes tomorrow.:wink2:

friday night --- feels WAY weird, friend sleeping - hubby being a nurse, dogs all w/friend.....i feel a bit lost & there is NO chicken/gheto thread going on anymore!!!!!!:)

:lol: I laughed my butt off at both the chicken and the ghetto threads. I immediately thought the pink chick had created another persona when the person popped up defending pinky. Too funny.

I love mojitos - I sometimes cheat and go 1/2 and 1/2 with seltzer and a diet lemon lime soda.

I am actually allergic to several alcohols (no vodka or schnapps for me) and for this reason I think my body has always had a natural aversion to alcohol in general - I genuinely don't like the taste and have had to work very hard to be able to drink (how messed up is that) I basically only drink sweeter drinks where you don't taste the alcohol as much.

KC, I go for sweeter drinks myself. I used to only drink wine coolers (how dorky am I?:)) but have been trying different things after reading things online. I have expanded my horizons so much in the last few months (especially after reading things from you and luluc).

I never realized just how hard it is to spell correctly when you have had a drink...or two.:)

so i took that damn ghetto quizz *house so quiet**:

6% Ghetto - You redefine ghetto. Your neighbors have tried to get you kicked out but you parked your car in front of the door so they couldn't post the eviction notice. You're going to be a legend.

:):lol:

Darn it, I am out of drink....I should have bought more lime and mint... Then again, I don't know if I could handle anymore. I have already retyped this crap twice.:)

Edited by *slim*
shouldn't have cursed...

PJTP-so I obviously live in the backwoods. I have gone to 2 different stores in my area and can't find polenta. Don't get me wrong, I know I could use grits as a sub, but I would like to see a package that actually says polenta. I think I will try the Fresh Market here. I can get my Greek yogurt there too (since the Wally Jr near my house doesn't sell it). I want the polenta with parm. Do you put shallots or anything like that in it?

On the other side though are the dirty old men who can't wait for their nightly bed bath and insist they are just too weak or tired to do it themselves - DISGUSTING!

I was just gonna ask you when I'm gonna get my Sponge Bath......