Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So, while I was inside puttering (and muttering), my brother arrived with multiple HUGE plastic tote boxes from our Aunt.

SO COOL!!! I would've loved to have had my grandmother's collection, she had a huge and very expensive library but her wishes were that it went somewhere else. :thumbup: And NOT in the family, some library somewhere. She continually had book collectors trying get her to let them have her books.< /p>

Well, my fellow PJTPers. I think I may be finished with LBT.

Please don't leave! I would suggest that you put her on your IGNORE list. There is a handy-dandy button just for that purpose. Granted you have to go FIND her in order to do it but it is an option.

Well I have been doing so good this week about not having to take pain pills during the day. Only take at bedtime with a muscle relaxer until last night. I decided to try to not use them at night. I am paying for it now. I just took both. So back to taking them at night. Oh well live and learn.

Y'all have a blessed Sunday.

Oh G! Don't do that again! Take care!

Bibliophile interest

Another find - it's not so much the book (although I've not heard of it so it joins the stack by my bed for reading) - on the flyleaf it states: Because of the shortage of regular book cloth under war-time rationing, this book is bound in a sturdy paper fabric especially designed for this purpose.

Now how interesting is that?!? It's up there with my bottle that says "Made in occupied Japan".

Another one: on the inside cover is handwritten: Whoever reads this book, please return it to H.R. McDougall December 1915.

Now I have no idea who the McDougall's are/were (none in our family tree), but I feel part of history holding this book. I know, I'm weird.

Oh oh - don't you just love the old books that had glossy photo's? I've just found a book on travels in south america published in 1917 and it has these wonderful photos of Chaco natives, and the world's largest rocking stone in Argentina and so many more.

Lulu - you would love these! Perhaps I should bequeath them to you!

Oh Tap, maybe instead of you coming to my house, I should go to yours just so I can see your new books! Have fun!

DH read some of the posts. His suggestion: we buy a camper van, and from Oct-April we travel in the lower/southern states. We set up a clean sweep/home repair service booking appointments in advance. Then we travel to your homes, you let us park in your driveway, plug in for services, and feed us, and we do the work. If it's a place where only one of our services is required, the other gets time off, but really, how likely is it that someone would want a cleaning service but not also have a need for a handyman to paint a room, or rewire a room, or install new kitchen cabinets, or fix a toilet, etc?

There's potential here....

I think that is a WONDERFUL idea!! We've got 2000 sq. ft of a house that needs work! The downstairs, 2 bedrooms and a bath, are torn up. We have the supplies but just not the time! I've got a storage unit and what few closets I have that you can organize while your DH puts the downstairs back together. Then if you want to stay a little longer, I have a kitchen that needs a total gut, a wall taken down, sofetts to be removed or modified, plumbing to be moved, wires to be moved. I want a ceiling fan/light in my LR. The wiring is there but attached to a plug with a light switch. The DR needs to be painted and the carpet ripped up and new wood floors put down. LR needs new floors too. Carpet is trashed and it's not that old! I have nearly 2 acres so you can park anywhere and we can run a cord and a hose! Heck, get the downstairs done and you can move in there til you get the rest of the house done! LOL!

Oh and the outside needs painting too! And that's not even touching our bed and bath which ALL needs to be ripped out and re-done as well! I'm making lists, when are you coming??

PJTP: Well, today is my 41st b-day. Nothing exciting. Went to church, went to our fav Mexican food place for lunch. Tonight we're going to a new place for dinner. It's New Orleans fare. I've heard nothing but good about this place so am looking forward to it. So a quiet day. No cards, no cake. DH can't seem to think that far ahead and he got off work this AM.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day! TTFN!

Slim - you're the best!

Happy Birthday Heartfire! Have a blast at dinner

Recipe request...Lulu/KC/any other cooks out there...

About the only thing my garden is overflowing in this summer is oregano. Anyone have a handy dandy recipe that uses pounds of oregano? There is only so many sauces etc I make in advance...

I love oregano and you can put it in about anything - but alas not aware of any Entrees starring it in itself.

- could be a fragrant bouquet in a vase - or you could sell it at the farmers market.

My freezer seems to be overflowing as well with containers of sauces and Soups

one of the richest (old money) neighborhoods in the midwest - the Russel Stover Mansion, HR Block mansions and various other gigantic homes

Sounds like an excellent Trick or Treat locale!! :thumbup:

TPG (who is hungry for chocolate now)

g4e,

There are a couple of pb cookie recipes floating around the board today. They sound good. And pb is Peanut Butter, not the icky pb....someone asked that on the thread :thumbup: tee hee.

I still want chocolate though. I may make brownies. I'll save you some.

PJTP: I hate oregano!:skep:

My DS is an accident waiting to happen. He has broken bones just running around the house. I can't imagine letting him loose with a mower or around the hot stove. He tried to "cook" for his dad once. To say that experiment went wrong is an understatement. Most of the food ended up on the floor after DS decided to pick up the pan with his bare hands. DH was sitting there and didn't even notice that DS had burned himself. Between the two of them, my house would be burned down and all of the few flowers I have destroyed.

:thumbup: Too funny! My DH is that way, always thinking about other things and not about what he is doing!

So he decides to make mac & cheese for DD and I when we were sick a few years back. We hear pots and pans clanging in the kitchen and then a very loud yell and more banging pots. She and I start laughing because we figure he did something silly (this happens often). He decided to hold the strainer in his hand, picture hand under the strainer, over the sink, and then pouring boiling Water and noddles into it. Oh yeah, he did it!:skep::lol:

PS: He was not hurt, got cold water on the hand immediately - so no worries.

DH read some of the posts. His suggestion: we buy a camper van, and from Oct-April we travel in the lower/southern states. We set up a clean sweep/home repair service booking appointments in advance. Then we travel to your homes, you let us park in your driveway, plug in for services, and feed us, and we do the work. If it's a place where only one of our services is required, the other gets time off, but really, how likely is it that someone would want a cleaning service but not also have a need for a handyman to paint a room, or rewire a room, or install new kitchen cabinets, or fix a toilet, etc?

There's potential here....

How about the Northwest too? It is beautiful here!

Happy Birthday Heartfire!!