Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

ummmmmmmmm

NOOOOOOOOOO, KC - i put the request in first!!!

hey hey heyyyyy, I said that I was going to fly her down here so back off, skinny!!! :tongue2:

Bibliophile interest

Another find - it's not so much the book (although I've not heard of it so it joins the stack by my bed for reading) - on the flyleaf it states: Because of the shortage of regular book cloth under war-time rationing, this book is bound in a sturdy paper fabric especially designed for this purpose.

Now how interesting is that?!? It's up there with my bottle that says "Made in occupied Japan".

Another one: on the inside cover is handwritten: Whoever reads this book, please return it to H.R. McDougall December 1915.

Now I have no idea who the McDougall's are/were (none in our family tree), but I feel part of history holding this book. I know, I'm weird.

Oh oh - don't you just love the old books that had glossy photo's? I've just found a book on travels in south america published in 1917 and it has these wonderful photos of Chaco natives, and the world's largest rocking stone in Argentina and so many more.

Lulu - you would love these! Perhaps I should bequeath them to you!

Edited by tapshoes

re: reading...I go through phases when I read a lot and then I go through dry spells (er so to speak). I read murder mysteries and modern day romances (since I have no romance currently, ha).

tap - that is so cool. Imagine if you ever traced the McDougals - living history - I love it!

Wow re the step-daughter. Glad it wasn't just a cover for asking for something. Maybe she has grown up and is reaching out to her family. Sometimes getting married or having a kid causes some major growing up.

It would be strange if there's bad history. You have all of that and you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop b/c that's all you've ever had to go on. Let's hope it's changed for good!

There is bad history and lots of it. I am glad that it was a mellow visit. I am hoping we can open the communication lines back up. It would be nice to put this aside!

Morning everyone!

krtork - As heartfire said, maybe the step-daughter is maturing, and trying to build bridges.

I hope so!

Slim - as I've mentioned before, if I could make the money I make at my job, I WOULD clean for a living, and garden (weeding, hauling soil, turning compost, etc), and organize things. I love to make lists, and sort things, and there's nothing like the satisfaction of getting someplace clean! Sadly, DH doesn't share this passion of mine (he thinks I'm nuts), and although not a dirty person, he loves his clutter... I long ago gave up trying to keep the study neat and I keep his closet door shut - as much as these things grieve me!

So, what shall I do today????

I love to work in the dirt. The dirtier the better! Pull weeds, mow, garden, landscape, etc - absolutely love it! However, working inside is not my idea of a good time - can't stand it, always last on my list. So, when you are done everybody else's house, you are welcome to come here and help clear the clutter!

Well, my fellow PJTPers. I think I may be finished with LBT. Pnkpassion was reinstated. I gotta question that. I'm really quite surprised. And her thread about eating chicken goes on. She was rude to me again there and I didn't post anything. Susan "moderated" her but come on....

So, I'm not feeling too positive about the board's admin.

TPG

I hope you don't go! She will go away in time, people will get tired of her nasty attitude.

One of my best friends and I always joke that if we ever won the powerball - we would open a dog play place and take in about every stray dog we could find. I unfortunately only have one with two cats (one's really like a dog) - b/c everyone knows I can't say no. I fostered a second dog for several months recently but she went back to her home - very hard on my heart!

KC, you are a girl after my own heart. We have 4 dogs (right now) and 2 are rescues. When I was a kid I was always bringing home stray dogs and cats - drove my mother nuts! Then I started bringing home horses. I am a sucker for four legged furry friends!

PJTP: Okay, so I went for a trail run this morning with the running group and I fell! :tongue2: Again in the exact same spot! What a dork! Now my knees match and I have a scratch on my neck. I bounced back up and kept rollin' and actually had a good run.

My home is in a severe state of terminal illness - it's needs some serious reviving.

My house expired. :( Undertakers are on the way.

Okay, I'm avoiding anything with Hump in it...yep, leaving the door open for Plain :mad:. Hope the admins keep an eye on pnk.

Since my house is full of books that need dusting, and no one will come rescue me.....I'm gonna head for the pool. But, if anyone should want to come clean, organize, make minor repairs, I'd get out of the pool and heat up some NutriSystem for them :tongue2: Who could refuse??

TTFN,

TPG

Well I make mean chicken fajitas w/ homemade guacamole and roasted Tomato salsa - this just happens to be on the menu for tonight. Might make a grilled corn and black bean salad as well -

This is how I pay the boys who work on my house.

I don't cook well. I also don't have any furry animals, but I have a 12 year old boy and a yard from hell! I need Tap more than any of you!

How is everyone's Sunday afternoon?

Well I make mean chicken fajitas w/ homemade guacamole and roasted Tomato salsa - this just happens to be on the menu for tonight. Might make a grilled corn and black bean salad as well -

This is how I pay the boys who work on my house.

I would work for that meal! Yumm!!!

I don't cook well. I also don't have any furry animals, but I have a 12 year old boy and a yard from hell! I need Tap more than any of you!

How is everyone's Sunday afternoon?

Slim~ put that 12 year old boy to work! Mowing, weeding, cleaning! Heck, have him take a cooking class while you are at it!:tongue2: My DS took foods in middle school and he loves to bake, and the great part, well depending on what he bakes, he is really good at it!

DH read some of the posts. His suggestion: we buy a camper van, and from Oct-April we travel in the lower/southern states. We set up a clean sweep/home repair service booking appointments in advance. Then we travel to your homes, you let us park in your driveway, plug in for services, and feed us, and we do the work. If it's a place where only one of our services is required, the other gets time off, but really, how likely is it that someone would want a cleaning service but not also have a need for a handyman to paint a room, or rewire a room, or install new kitchen cabinets, or fix a toilet, etc?

There's potential here....

I read murder mysteries and modern day romances (since I have no romance currently, ha).

Sick, you need to visit KC; apparently she knows where the men are! Do not visit her at the hospital though - the local rumble knives and gun club membership is NOT the type you need to meet.

DH read some of the posts. His suggestion: we buy a camper van, and from Oct-April we travel in the lower/southern states. We set up a clean sweep/home repair service booking appointments in advance. Then we travel to your homes, you let us park in your driveway, plug in for services, and feed us, and we do the work. If it's a place where only one of our services is required, the other gets time off, but really, how likely is it that someone would want a cleaning service but not also have a need for a handyman to paint a room, or rewire a room, or install new kitchen cabinets, or fix a toilet, etc?

There's potential here....

(waving hand wildly)Me first, me first!:tongue2:

Sick, you need to visit KC; apparently she knows where the men are! Do not visit her at the hospital though - the local rumble knives and gun club membership is NOT the type you need to meet.

So true. No knives and guns needed!

Slim~ put that 12 year old boy to work! Mowing, weeding, cleaning! Heck, have him take a cooking class while you are at it!:( My DS took foods in middle school and he loves to bake, and the great part, well depending on what he bakes, he is really good at it!

My DS is an accident waiting to happen. He has broken bones just running around the house. I can't imagine letting him loose with a mower or around the hot stove. He tried to "cook" for his dad once. To say that experiment went wrong is an understatement. Most of the food ended up on the floor after DS decided to pick up the pan with his bare hands. DH was sitting there and didn't even notice that DS had burned himself. Between the two of them, my house would be burned down and all of the few flowers I have destroyed.

You all have me about peeing my pants laughing. My dog is freaking out because she doesn't know what's wrong with me. Oh - I needed that!

Yes work area is bad - funny thing is though it's only about 7-8 min drive from home (and my neighborhood is awesome) and another 5-7 min on the other side of me is one of the richest (old money) neighborhoods in the midwest - the Russel Stover Mansion, HR Block mansions and various other gigantic homes (went in one once that had a dining room that sat 124 people!) Guess it's always about balance.

And as far as the young hot men - I do seem to be surrounded by them - and yet notice i don't ever post about being involved with anyone - going to have to work on that. One of my good friends said it's because every man wants my cooking - and apparently any married man she knows would leave his wife to eat my food - interesting and yet disturbing at the same time - good thing I don't support adultry!

Edited by kcmagu

One of my good friends said it's because every man wants my cooking

That's ok KC. The right hot guy is going to come running for your hot body (your hot cooking will just be a plus:wink2:).