Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP...Mornin' all! :wink2:

Feeling much calmer this morning - kinda got my F-it attitude on. Smiling at everyone, stepping high...:angry:

Good for you.

Heard from one of the jobs last night late - they are in the middle of a busy period, incorporating another section into their office. No decision made yet. I told them in the second email (sent one Monday) that I'll wait to hear from them. In the meantime, I've applied for 4 other positions - I'm not waiting. :thumbup:

I pray they call you back really soon hon.

I am better than that - and I damn well know it. Sometimes I still want to cry, but I'm not going to let THEM see that. All they will see is a proud warrior woman going about her business and doing her job the best she knows how until I leave this place. :wub:

Yes you are better than that! You are a beautiful intelligent woman. "I am woman hear me roar" keep this song in your head

nervous because I have to give a lecture on saturday that

1) i don't feel prepared for fully

2) the audience is 99% physicians

spending all day tomorrow preparing after my morning walk

KC..you will do great. Just think of plain and keep laughing. Maybe they will laugh with you even when they don't know why your laughing.

*KC, I agree with Beth and Slim, you fit in VERY well here! And Plain has a new friend to play with! LOL!

Poor KC:sad:plain as a playmate

*Ebony, I love your attitude! You are such a strong person. I truly admire you!

I agree

*G4e, I agree with Glouc about wanting to do stuff as soon as I'm told I can't! SOOOOOO bad! I hope your tire is fixed soon! How are you feeling today? Were you able to ice up well yesterday and get in a better place?

BBL!

got iced yesterday, but couldn't today. will explain after the quotes.

Lu's right, it's officially summer here in Texas. I saw a road worker catch on fire today. It's that hot.

You wanna know something plain? I believe you. I don't know how road crews and roofers can do it. I hate it when it is higher than low 80s or cooler.Sometimes I can stand high 80s if there isn't any humidity. But that is rare here.

Yay! I only have a short grace period until she's as disgusted and creeped out by me as the rest of you are!!

Poor poor KC.:wink2: But I think KC will give you a run for the money. I just keep getting these horrible visions of you and they scare me!!!:scared2::tt2:

he has to sleep in a cave (reason for 3rd ac unit) - so starting to get some relief.

I used to before I got banded. Now I am happy at 74degrees in the house. I don't freeze everyone out anymore.

That is such an awful feeling. I worked 3rd shift just long enough for my body to get used to it. When it was time to go back to my regular schedule, I was screwed up. I would be wide awake at 3 when I knew I had to be up for work at 5. That was a bad few weeks. Now, I am up at 5 no matter what. I will get up, have my coffee, then go back to bed (on my off days).

I was still getting up between 3 & 4 A.M. until recently. Now it's about 5 A.M. Well not with me doing all these pain meds and muscle relaxers. I actually sleep in when I am on them. I get up between 6 & 7 A.M. Used to be if I slept till 6 my kids thought I was sick and would check on me.

KC - you can also come to my workplace. We're having construction done and a gf said this painter was staring at me. I seriously have no idea what's going on with my mojo; it's humorous to me really. (shut up, Lulu) My chiropractor says she adjusted the top bone of my neck which turned on my mojo. Silly!

MMMM maybe I need to talk to my chiropractor and see if he knows the mojo adjustment? Oh did I mention how cute he is?

O.K. for my day.....(I'm writing a book) my sister and her hubby are letting me use their jeep till I get that tire changed. DBL can't do it due to lots of health issues. He has to have another surgery next month.

So all is good.....I get to work to find the crew all sitting outside. They got locked out of the restaurant. The manager had left his keys inside and went out to check in the bread delivery. Well 4 co-workers followed him out. The 5th co-worker came out and they all hollered "don't let go of the door" just as she let it go.

So they had been waiting 1 hr.( when I got there) for one of the other managers to come let them in. It was another 1/2 hr after I got there when some one came. Both the other managers live a long ways away. Moral of the story, next time I pull up to work and everyone is stuck outside, I'm bringing my happy tail home!:biggrin:After work, I leave and go straight to the free clinic. I had an appointment today at 3:30. I get there at about 2:40. They won't let anyone sign in yet. At 3:15 we can sign in. I find out all appointments are for 3:30. I am #2 on the list. They start calling people back. I am sitting and waiting, still waiting, still waiting.:scared2: I am thinking they are calling you in the order they have you in the appointment book. Then about 5:20 I notice people who didn't have appointments are being taken back.:sneaky: So I asked how much longer before I can go back. They can't find my folder. Then they said I wasn't checked in. I told them I was #2 on the sign in sheet. :mad2: Here someone had checked me off already like I had been seen.:mad: So I finally get out at 6:30. On the way home I stopped and got a couple of cans of fix-a flat. (found out SIL came by and pumped up the tire with his compressor since he forgot to get the door key from DD) Tire is already going flat when I get home. Went to put fix-a flat in tire, the can where the hose fits onto the can explodes all over my hands and car!:cursing:

So the best thing about today was I have an appointment to see the free clinics ENT next month. The dr I spoke with today is concerned about the growth on my thyroid because I am a lymphnoma survivor and my thyroid tested fine last yr. She wasn't worried until I said I had it tested 2 weeks before I was banded.:eek: Before that she was saying that I have something-thyroidism.

But that is my book. Good night all. Sweet dreams.:tongue2:

Edited by gone 4 ever

G4E - you deserve sweet dreams after a day like that! Hang in there hon!

Now as far as Plain being a playmate - that might be a good look for him :scared2: forget the hoodie and grab some bunny ears and a cotton tail! :wink2:

I just keep getting these horrible visions of you and they scare me!!!
Now as far as Plain being a playmate - that might be a good look for him :scared2: forget the hoodie and grab some bunny ears and a cotton tail! :wink2:

Allright! Who let the cat out of the bag about my bunny costume?!? Dammit people, can't you keep a SECRET?!?

Did you see my "famous" picture?

Don't know that I have. The one in the bunny outfit has been blown up to life-size and is hanging in my rec room, though... I have to be careful, however, as it scares young children. And animals. And old people. And the gays across the street.

I apologize to my withering friends in Texas - but this is a first for me in KC (at least in recent memory)

I had the windows open all night - had to pull up the covers and the temperature inside the house is 5 degrees less than what the air conditioning would take it to. I did a double take on the calendar to make sure I hadn't slept through the rest of summer.

I'm sure this will be a distant memory come next week but I'll take it for now - think it's supposed to be even cooler tomorrow!

You need to get a copy, Beth. The facial expression alone is priceless, let alone the actual pose! :wink2:

Do you know where I can find one? I have coin. :scared2:

PJTP...I'm so glad I have y'all to make me laugh...today I really need it...:scared2:

Sent the BB (Big Boss) and email yesterday asking for time to complete my job search, indicating my fear that a written reprimand would probably torpedo my chances of finding another position at the company.

This is the response I got this morning:

I certainly understand your situation, and thanks for letting me know about your job search. I think we do need to move forward with the process, though. At this point, I think whatever mark is on your record is already there, so this will not change that. And we can’t really keep things hanging in limbo indefinitely.

I’m available either today or Monday for the meeting. Let me know which would be best for you.

WTF??? When did simple human decency go out of style? I sent him a reply indicating CLEARLY that I'm only asking for a couple of weeks - until the end of July. I don't think it will make any difference.

I'm pretty distraught right now...I even asked the SOB if I had a written reprimand in my file when they interviewed me if HE would have still hired me. No response to that question yet. If he still wants to schedule this thing for early next week, I'm not going to be here for it...I'm not going to come all the freaking way to my job just to listen to his BS again.

I'm pretty damn sure that in this current economy, having that reprimand in my record will torpedo any chance I have of staying with this employer, plus damage any chance I have of getting another job using them as a reference.

Why are people so damn vindictive? And what the hell did I do to deserve this? Unfortunately, no one is going to ask - I won't be allowed to explain my side of the story - they will just file my application in the "round file" and move to the next unemployed individual.

What do I do now?:wink2:

I seriously have no idea what's going on with my mojo; it's humorous to me really. (shut up, Lulu) My chiropractor says she adjusted the top bone of my neck which turned on my mojo. Silly!

keeps mouth shut'n up.....:scared2:

I apologize to my withering friends in Texas - but this is a first for me in KC (at least in recent memory)!

rained last night & cooled a LOT down, someone was listening to me B*&^H.

Ebony, Ebony - gosh, you are between a rock & hard place.

BB CAN do whatever he wants & that means delay any written reprimand - very unfortunate he is not the least bit sympathetic to your situation.

Question - have you only applied for internal jobs? might be a good idea to start a search externally now,

very sorry your dealing with this crap.

Oh Ebony, I am so sorry your going through more grief at work. My heart is breaking for you hon. I think decency went out in the 80's. It's a "dog eat dog" world out there anymore. It is sad that it is that way. But don't give up hope about the other job. You have a spotless record for 30 yrs. So this shouldn't keep you from any other positions. Any employer will look at your work history and see you have never had any marks against you until now. They should be able to figure out that it wasn't you. That there was trouble in the work place. So head up. My prayers are still with you. ((((hugs)))):scared2:

Ebony, I don't know what to say. :wink2:

WTF is wrong with this guy?? Is he sleeping with the bitch in your office or something? Do they feel this is the only way to shove you out the door? It sounds like somebody there really has it out for you, and unfortunately the way they're handling it could affect you for some time to come.

Evil people like that suck. Now I wish a house would fall on both of them. :scared2:

WTF??? When did simple human decency go out of style? I sent him a reply indicating CLEARLY that I'm only asking for a couple of weeks - until the end of July. I don't think it will make any difference.

I'm pretty damn sure that in this current economy, having that reprimand in my record will torpedo any chance I have of staying with this employer, plus damage any chance I have of getting another job using them as a reference.

Why are people so damn vindictive? And what the hell did I do to deserve this? Unfortunately, no one is going to ask - I won't be allowed to explain my side of the story - they will just file my application in the "round file" and move to the next unemployed individual.

What do I do now?:wink2:

Ebony, I'm soo sorry that you're going through this crap. HOWEVER, I KNOW you are smart enough to spin that on your interviews.

When I first moved to TX, my boss was HORRIBLE. I think she must have had some mental issues...I think I've posted about her before. I worked there from June to Aug and one day just put a sticky on her computer and walked out.

In my interviews, it was very easy for me to say that there was a conflict in managment and it was best that I move on.

I think that the good bosses are people oriented enough to know that if you have a GREAT history and ONE bad boss, then it's not you, it's the boss.

Ebony, I don't know what to say. :cursing:

WTF is wrong with this guy?? Is he sleeping with the bitch in your office or something?

Evil people like that suck. Now I wish a house would fall on both of them. :scared2:

HA! :angry:

PJTP...

Thank goodness and all the stars in heaven for you guys...it's a good thing I'm not a violent person is all I can say.

I emailed the BB back and asked for a reprieve until the end of the month - gave him a specific date so he could satisfy his tiny little mind that I'm not trying to hang on forever.

Lulu - took your advice and applied for a bunch of stuff outside of my current employer. We'll see what shakes out, but with the current economy, I'm not very hopeful right now.

G4E - I know you're right...my record is spotless up until now. I'm just afraid that a stressed employer with a butt-ton of applicants won't look very far or be willing to take a chance in the current economy...I can only pray that something comes through quickly.

Glouc - I agree with you - I can probably spin this to a neutral or maybe positive situation, but with the job market the way it is, if I even GET an interview, I'll feel really fortunate.

I really HATE that this is happening. :scared2:

They've asked for the next 'reprimand' meeting to be scheduled either today or Monday. I'm going to make them wait until Monday afternoon before I even respond. Let THEM sweat out the weekend for a change.

Have contacted my union rep, but it's a summer weekend, so most of the folks she would talk to are already gone for the day.

I'm taking off early - I'm going home sick. My band is so tight that even liquid is coming back up, and I know it's just stress related. I'll check in over the weekend...fortunately, I have a busy weekend ahead, so I'll be able to forget about this place for a while.

Have a great afternoon, everyone! I really do :angry: all of ya - you are the reason I've held it together this long...:wink2: