Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Pot smoking days? Who us? Personally I can't remember!!! Possibly why we refer to it these days as "cannibus stupidus"........

sign me

DUH

yes my pot smokin days......I was told I had fun.36_11_15.gif 11_9_8.gifalong with the munchies and the marjuana ha ha's. But alas i wasn't smokin pot or on anything stronger than lorcet. so really don't know why I was singing Puff the Magic Dragon. Could be because I was eating the Gold Fish and thinking that Puff lived by the sea. That started the whole thing. yep thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Totally cool video :)

You don't need language to understand the meaning behind these pictures. The girl is an amazing talent! Does anyone else recognise the music used in the last half of video (from about 6 mins onwards)?

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

The song is an orchestra version of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters."

I don't remember if it was a whole tour or just a few shows but they did some dates with a full orchestra. Have heard a few of the songs they did and it is amazing. Wish I'd been able to see it in person! I love them!

Tho AC/DC will always be my absolute favorites!

Thanks for sharing, Fanny!

It is wonderful, isn't it? And yeah, I know the music, just wondering who else recognised it - well done! And any woman who is an AckerDacker fan is okay in my book!! *headbangs*

Could you please give that feeling to me somehow??

So many things to say; so little time!! :thumbup:

Kat - sorry that you've been going through such pain

Farrah - had forgotten just how gorgeous she was in the 70's. When I heard of her death, I just thought that she was finally out of pain.

MJ - I'm just gonna say that I feel like with such incredible talent came great personal demons and leave it at that.

Did Ebony have the neck pain? I know Lulu's not a fan but I had a horrible middle/lower back pain just appear one night and have been seeing a chiropractor. I'd say I'm 95% healed tho an hour long stand-up meeting today made my back take a pounding!! We were all squirming around though; it was kind of comical. Our mgmt aren't always the greatest communicators so the information we received was very nice to hear.

My life's fairly boring compared to most in here so I don't post much anymore (plus I'm addicted to FB). However via the stand-up mtg I got information to take to my VP about the job situation. The big boss that had the stand-up today said for us not to lose sleep over our jobs (but that another sort of related group would be downsizing by half) so that gave me the ammo to say something to my VP (repetitive!). She said that we're good but that if anyone left or posted out (for a different job in our org), they wouldn't replace the headcount. So that gave me a big sigh of relief tho I am still trying to get my name out there and make connections! She keeps saying that those of us that can do budget can do budget in any department so I finally countered with, "well IF there are jobs open." She has definite pull in the org but she's mid 50s with health problems and a rich rich husband so she really doesn't need the money. Therefore, I wonder how much longer she'll be around. But while she is, I will continue to learn from her b/c she knows SOOOOO much about financials.

Blah long post but again I don't do it often!! :smile2:

PS - why do some people use LBT to spew their evilness? I can get fired up about politics but some people seem to purposefully jump from thread to thread to pick a fight. Anyway.

yep:thumbdown:

Fanny, that was absolutely beautiful. I wish I knew what the words to the one song was when everyone was crying. It had to go with what she was drawing (for lack of a better word) to bring so much emotion from the audience and the judge. thank you for sharing that with us.

Fanny, that has got to be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! Though we can't understand what's being said, you can certainly get the message. Thanks for sharing.

PJTP...Hi y'all!:w00t:

Having a wonderful weekend...went to see Transformers with DH and DD yesterday - long movie, but IMO, well worth it! I won't spoil it for anyone, just take my advice and go to the loo BEFORE you start the movie so you don't miss anything good (like my DD did)...

Went shopping afterward to Old Navy for summer stuff - they had an awesome sale. Since we're headed to Florida at the end of the week, we figured why not? Couldn't find any shorts at $5, but found a couple pair at $10 that are pretty cute...and oh, by the way:

I fit into a size SIXTEEN (16)!!!!!

OMG - I just couldn't believe it when I put the shorts on and first they went past my thighs, and then I was able to button them and zip them, and no muffin-top, no "I can't breathe" feeling, no "these are cutting off my circulation", no nothing! :smile2::w00t::frown::w00t::smile2:

I haven't worn a size 16 ANYTHING since I WAS sixteen! I was so excited, I bought two pair for my vacation...I am so very happy right now, I can't even stand it.

Re: my potential new job - they said they'd let me know something before I go on vacation - said they had a couple of "stragglers" to bring in, and my contact said she was out on Monday, but that she would give me a call before I go on vacation...so that means next week by Friday, I will know SOMETHING...I pray it's positive and I'm the one they want to hire.

I'm going to try and hit my 50% loss mark before I go on vacation (that would mean going down another 5 pounds this week) but if I don't hit it, I'm gonna work my butt off during my vacation and see if I can't come back smaller than when I left!

I'm having such a good time right now, and LOVE being smaller - I never thought I'd see a size 16 again - and my hubby even said he thinks my "true size" (without all the loose skin around my tummy) is probably more like a 12 or 14 right now :lol:

I'm already planning for my Tummy Tuck - December 2010! My goal is to reach my weight loss final by December of this year (I'm shooting for 155) and to maintain that for a year, working on building muscle and losing additional fat, plus exercising to get my strength level up, and then having the surgery during the Christmas shutdown when I'll have an extra week off with pay and not have to use any vacation time. Hopefully, if I can save some additional days, I could have as much as 3 weeks built up to be off work and then come back sans drains and stuff...we'll see - you know what they say about the best-laid-plans...

Until then, I'm going to ENJOY my next week and be ready for my Florida vacation...See everyone on the boards tomorrow! :thumbup:

Way to go Ebony! I know that had to feel great to get into a smaller size! Also, I will be keeping you in my thoughts while they make up their mind on the job front! Congrats again!

It is wonderful, isn't it? And yeah, I know the music, just wondering who else recognised it - well done! And any woman who is an AckerDacker fan is okay in my book!! *headbangs*

well, hells bells fanny that was a real treat~

that young lady was more than remarkable - thanks for sharing~~~!

PJTP...

Way to go Ebony! I know that had to feel great to get into a smaller size! Also, I will be keeping you in my thoughts while they make up their mind on the job front! Congrats again!

Hi Slim! Thanks so much...I was grinning like a total fool in the dressing room, and then started crying! My DD thought I was nuts, but when I explained why, she gave me a high five! :blush: I'm hoping I hear that I've GOTTEN the job...that last comment my contact made about bringing in 'stragglers' has me a little concerned...

Way to go Ebony a size 16!!!!! Which part of Fl. are you going to?

Kissimmee - DH and I bought a timeshare there several years ago...didn't use it a whole lot, thought about selling it, but with DD going off to college, we figure we'll have more time / freedom to use it!

Billy Mays died. So sad.

That is sad...he was such a high-energy pitchman...I liked to see him on TV. He always seemed so enthusiastic about whatever he was promoting. Too bad about him passing away - my sympathies to his family...:thumbdown:

So I guess deaths don't really come in threes after all. :thumbdown:

Hey, I went shopping today too. And left my Talbot's bag in the dressing room of Macy's. So that's money just thrown away. Crap.

Got a speeding ticket today too.