Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Texas made Llano wine rocks!

I'm a little tight right now...TOM makes me not be able to eat, but I get sooo hungry.

So, I drink. Once a month I become a lush!

I dunno why, but it's hitting me hard today.

Today I had a caramel frappucino from Starbucks and couldn't finish, and then for dinner I had a 1/2 a grilled cheese...I was so hungry that I scarfed it down and then pb'd most of it back up.

:thumbdown:

So, the wine - went down easy and has kinda messed me up a little bit. Too much!

Tramps and lushes, I just love the PJTP thread. :-)

i know - isnt' it fantastic.

i feel a silly friday night going on........it's 7'ish 105 outside and things are goofy w/the heat:)

Tramps and Lushes...life is good

I could use a silly friday. Bring it on!

well - since the swamp cooler "wasn't" a summer beverage i've come up with my own today & when DH got home 2hrs ago i got the "eye"

2pts mango rum

1pt selzer

3 limes squeezed

lots of fresh mint

:thumbdown::drool::) band friendly i promise!

well - since the swamp cooler "wasn't" a summer beverage i've come up with my own today & when DH got home 2hrs ago i got the "eye"

2pts mango rum

1pt selzer

3 limes squeezed

lots of fresh mint

:thumbdown::drool::) band friendly i promise!

That sounds so good! I do not need to go to the liquor store tonight.

I have to think that 115 pounds on someone 5'1" would look different than on someone like me at 5'5"... so why oh why does my doc thinks thats a good weight for me???

My doc said I could go as low as 110 or 105. I thought he was INSANE! But I'm at 115 now and 110 isn't looking so bad.

I think some docs want you to go a bit low so that you have some wiggle room for bounce back.

Some of the points she brought up were legit: the cost (not only for school, but the income lost due to me not working), the fact that when I finish I'll be in my upper 40's with a degree, and what will that really accomplish for me being a woman, upper 40's, with a degree?

But if you don't do it, 10 years from now, you'll be in your 50s and still not have a degree.

My mom got her degree in her 40s and now she's a VP of IT at George Mason University.

Go talk to her and tell her I sent you! :thumbdown: Seriously, it would be better to have known what you wanted when you were in your 20s, but you've got years and years of working life ahead of you so it's too soon to give up!

As for your mom, this is what I think is going on.... she wants great things for you so when you first bring up the ideas, she's excited. But then she goes home and starts being a worry wart. Because she doesn't want bad things to happen to you. She should really keep her thoughts to herself and be self-aware enough to realize it's her own hang-ups speaking, but just because it's negative, doesn't mean it's not coming from a caring place.

I'd just tell her flat out to keep her negative thoughts to herself as they don't help. Sometimes you have to set boundaries with your parents.

Tramps and Lushes...life is good

Well, we know which one you are, so I guess I'm the lush? Which means I need to get drinking -- and I'm late getting started. :thumbdown:

sitting here eating goldfish crackers singing Puff the Magic Dragon............go figure

Sounds like my pot-smoking days. :thumbdown:

*Ebony and Beth, I sure hope you two find out something soon! All this waiting is driving me crazy!! LOL!!

PJTP: I am such a tramp!

Good for you for finally acknowledging it! LOL!! J/K!!

People have NOOOOO idea. I have proof. Video proof. It's making the rounds on the internet as we speak. In Germany. It's the only place that will accept such debauchery and shenanigans.

Can we say "YouTube?"

Tramps and lushes, I just love the PJTP thread. :-)

Me too!

I dunno why, but it's hitting me hard today.

Today I had a caramel frappucino from Starbucks and couldn't finish, and then for dinner I had a 1/2 a grilled cheese...I was so hungry that I scarfed it down and then pb'd most of it back up.

:(

So, the wine - went down easy and has kinda messed me up a little bit. Too much!

Ouch! Sorry!

i know - isnt' it fantastic.

i feel a silly friday night going on........it's 7'ish 105 outside and things are goofy w/the heat:)

Yikes! That's HOT!!

2pts mango rum

1pt selzer

3 limes squeezed

lots of fresh mint

:drool::drool::drool: band friendly i promise!

YUMMMMM!!!

sitting here eating goldfish crackers singing Puff the Magic Dragon............go figure

Ummm, what kind of meds are you on again?

But if you don't do it, 10 years from now, you'll be in your 50s and still not have a degree.

My mom got her degree in her 40s and now she's a VP of IT at George Mason University.

Go talk to her and tell her I sent you! :thumbdown: Seriously, it would be better to have known what you wanted when you were in your 20s, but you've got years and years of working life ahead of you so it's too soon to give up!

As for your mom, this is what I think is going on.... she wants great things for you so when you first bring up the ideas, she's excited. But then she goes home and starts being a worry wart. Because she doesn't want bad things to happen to you. She should really keep her thoughts to herself and be self-aware enough to realize it's her own hang-ups speaking, but just because it's negative, doesn't mean it's not coming from a caring place.

I'd just tell her flat out to keep her negative thoughts to herself as they don't help. Sometimes you have to set boundaries with your parents.

What she said! My mom was working full time and going to school while I was in HS. I was trying NOT to fail and she was making all As! She got her masters a few years after I got married, she was in her early/mid 40s. She's now 62 and still working in a professional field. The only reason she thinks about retiring is b/c she's having too much fun bike riding, kayaking, horseback riding, traveling, etc.!

Well, we know which one you are, so I guess I'm the lush? Which means I need to get drinking -- and I'm late getting started. :lol:

UGH! I finally lost another lb this week. I fear the drinking right now. I gain really bad and I'm trying to get to 179 by July 4th.

Oh great! Just realized that's next SATURDAY! Crap!!! :)

Sounds like my pot-smoking days. :tt2:

I do actually REMEMBER those days! LOL!!! Trust me, it's shocking that I remember anything!

Have a good night everyone!! TTFN!

Note to self: NEVER go to Golden Corral ever again.

Ugh, it's the first all-you-can-eat I've done since being banded, and it was not a good idea. Well, actually it wasn't MY idea, but next time I will just tell DH to go by himself. I certainly didn't do as badly as I once did, but for being banded, a normal-sized meal is a no-no.

And I swear, I wonder if my doctor took all my fill out when I went in for my overfill. He SAYS he got me down from 5.8 to 5, but I am now wondering if he took OUT 5. I've been pretty hungry since that unfill. :thumbdown:

And yes, I'm tired of waiting too, heartfire.

I'm in de-clutter mode...trying to get it done before DD goes off to school...

Could you please give that feeling to me somehow??

Texas made Llano wine rocks!

I'm a little tight right now...TOM makes me not be able to eat, but I get sooo hungry.

So, I drink. Once a month I become a lush!

So many things to say; so little time!! :thumbdown:

Kat - sorry that you've been going through such pain

Farrah - had forgotten just how gorgeous she was in the 70's. When I heard of her death, I just thought that she was finally out of pain.

MJ - I'm just gonna say that I feel like with such incredible talent came great personal demons and leave it at that.

Did Ebony have the neck pain? I know Lulu's not a fan but I had a horrible middle/lower back pain just appear one night and have been seeing a chiropractor. I'd say I'm 95% healed tho an hour long stand-up meeting today made my back take a pounding!! We were all squirming around though; it was kind of comical. Our mgmt aren't always the greatest communicators so the information we received was very nice to hear.

My life's fairly boring compared to most in here so I don't post much anymore (plus I'm addicted to FB). However via the stand-up mtg I got information to take to my VP about the job situation. The big boss that had the stand-up today said for us not to lose sleep over our jobs (but that another sort of related group would be downsizing by half) so that gave me the ammo to say something to my VP (repetitive!). She said that we're good but that if anyone left or posted out (for a different job in our org), they wouldn't replace the headcount. So that gave me a big sigh of relief tho I am still trying to get my name out there and make connections! She keeps saying that those of us that can do budget can do budget in any department so I finally countered with, "well IF there are jobs open." She has definite pull in the org but she's mid 50s with health problems and a rich rich husband so she really doesn't need the money. Therefore, I wonder how much longer she'll be around. But while she is, I will continue to learn from her b/c she knows SOOOOO much about financials.

Blah long post but again I don't do it often!! :)

PS - why do some people use LBT to spew their evilness? I can get fired up about politics but some people seem to purposefully jump from thread to thread to pick a fight. Anyway.