Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So glad that your all right Ebony. Kinda had us worried. Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad she is OK.

Sorry I didn't check in earlier...consider me spanked! (Let's see what Plain does with that one...)

I'm going to my family dr. in the morning. Then I will see what he has to say. I will go from there. I have been hurting really bad today. Even the pain meds aren't helping much. Sorry if I am complaining to much.

You're NOT complaining too much - I pray your doc has an answer for you, or at least some type of treatment that will alleviate your pain...before I had extensive dental surgery, I was in pain nearly every day. It wears you down and makes you crazy - best wishes to you and prayer for immediate relief! :biggrin:

Well the first day of work went well, although it turns out that a lot of the system analysis and set up work that I thought I'd be doing has already been done, so I may just end up with the boring part of the grunt work, so I'm not as excited as I was yesterday.

Been there, done that...hopefully the grunt work won't last long before they give you something exciting to do...

That, however, may just be because I am seriously BUMMED about the news that I got this afternoon at 4:15pm, to say that my house sale has fallen through for the SECOND time for the same reason!! What the hell is wrong with people??? Do they really think that banks will make loans of over a third of a million dollars without checking up on the applicant's credit history??? Do they really think they can get away with that crap? Or do they just not care how many others it mucks about for them to take a stupid chance? ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Back to Square One :( *cries*

Oh Fanny - I feel so bad for you...I agree - what are people thinking? Here's hoping the third time is the charm and you find a wonderful buyer with bags of money...

Snakes rock!! When (note: not IF!!) I sell my house and move to my new place, I'm going to get a Stimsons Python for a pet. I can't wait!

Okay...NOT! Fanny - you are a much braver woman than I...I could barely LOOK at the pics, let alone think about HAVING a python! :w00t::eek::lol:

Fanny - Perhaps as it was your first day, they were just sort of sussing out your knowledge etc., and the 'good stuff' will evolve with time. I hope so anyway.

What she said...

As for your house - What are people thinking? Why don't they get their funding limit established BEFORE they go shopping instead of screwing around with people's lives?!? I'd be so angry if that happened to me!

DOUBLE what she said...

And a snake...as a pet???? My skin is crawling just to think of it. I wouldn't hurt one (unless it was going to attack me), but I would prefer not to know they are around, not to see them in MY garden....what if I had accidently cut it with a spade, or touched it when planting things........oh ick ick ick!!!!!!

I've seen small snakes in my yard, little garter snakes, and they don't bother me, but the big ones, like PYTHONS scare the bejesus out of me...anything that could eat / crush / want to eat / want to attack me like that - basically I'm a chicken! :eek: Like watching them from afar, but would never get close...

Have a great day, everyone...if I hear anything about the job, y'all are high up on my 'contact' list! :(

Well the first day of work went well, although it turns out that a lot of the system analysis and set up work that I thought I'd be doing has already been done, so I may just end up with the boring part of the grunt work, so I'm not as excited as I was yesterday. That, however, may just be because I am seriously BUMMED about the news that I got this afternoon at 4:15pm, to say that my house sale has fallen through for the SECOND time for the same reason!! What the hell is wrong with people??? Do they really think that banks will make loans of over a third of a million dollars without checking up on the applicant's credit history??? Do they really think they can get away with that crap? Or do they just not care how many others it mucks about for them to take a stupid chance? ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Back to Square One :( *cries*

Oh, Fannie, I'm sorry on both fronts, but especially on the house. I've been there and know how badly that hurts, and THAT was back when they were giving loans to ham sandwiches.

I also wonder what the hell people are thinking. I guess for them, they have nothing to lose. If they get it, they get it. If they don't, then meeah, no loss. It's very irritating.

Not saying that it happen to them, but I was shocked to see our credit score had dropped dramatically. And we are not doing anything really to make that happen!

We have slowed our spending, yes. DH's hours were cut, we have had a wage cut, and even though I have gone to work, it barely evens out, so we have cut the frivolous stuff, and have actively begun stashing for the possible oncoming lay off.

I paid off my car. No more monthly positive payments on my credit report.

We had 3 credit cards. MC, Visa and a work related American Express of my DH's. We carried a small balance on the MC, but recently paid it off, the Visa, we used but paid off each month. Well they (Visa)sent us a letter stating that we fell into a category that they were reinstating the yearly charge for simply having the card. So I called, and they would NOT waive the fee, so we cancelled the card, and WHAM it affected my credit rating!!!

We replaced it with another card from our local bank. We have always kept 2 major credit cards, one we carry to have with us for use, the other remains at home, where if something happens and we lose our usual, we have a back up plan, if finances are involved.

We once lost a card (was a switch pulled at a restaurant in CA) and when we cancelled it due to that, we were in a cash crunch, while on vacation! So we have kept back up ever since.

So add to the closed account, paid off car, a new inquiry into our credit, and it lowered it again. Even though they issued the new card, and it come with a higher credit limit than we requested, it ALL worked against us!

We pay our bills on time, and I would not have hesitated to apply for any type of credit---and didn't---when I got the new card. But I ask for a copy of what they got and was SHOCKED! We went from excellent credit-----comsidered gold, to silver I would say, and we did not default a single thing, we still pay everything on time, and are not overextended. Our home is paid for. Now so are our vehicles, we own several pieces of land, and have little debt. And we are punished for it with lowered numbers!!!

They told my DD to get a pre approval for her home loan, and then to wait at least 3 months, or if anyone checked it again it would lower her rating.

Where is the common sense in that????

Sorry your sale fell through. I really would have pre approved, but I would not have thought I would have to! Will keep my fingers crossed for-----------

Your home to sell

Ebony's job to come through

Beths job to come through--and that she and CC stay break free while they rollerblade!!!

G4E's health to return, and pain to go away

Lu not to be subjected to any more surprises

Tap and I not to see any snakes!!

What did I forget??????

nope - no more surprises so far other than presents ... i'm good w/that:)

kat - my credit score went down quite a bit when i stopped working ; went to cash/stopped using credit cards ; paid off all the trucks & farm equipment.

thankfully is doesn't suck too much & combined w/DH - we're all good; but i get so PISSED that because i carry no debt other than the ranch mtg i am penalized because i don't carry 10 cc's and run them up each month.

just my serious pet peeve.

fanny - house situation....dh an i have only used one realtor since we've been together, each time we went house hunting, we had to proove that our financial stability/approval/ had already been met, before we were shown the properties we wanted to view. i know that doesn't happen often, if at all - maybe you can let your realtor know, not to show your home till that criteria was met???? just a thought.

snakes - um NO!

i learned the hard way of turning my workboots upside down before popping them on.

g4e - hope you get some satisfaction/relief from your dr today. i was going to tell you on FB last night to have a glass of wine & hot bath.....:(

ebony/beth - hope you both hear from the job search here soon.

monday - family gone, love the visit - like the quiet as well:wink:

*Ebony, sorry about your friend's emergency but thank GOD she's okay now. Prayers for continued healing!

*g4e, hope the doc can help. Don't worry about complaining!

*Tap, sounds like you had a wonderful and productive day! Sorry about the snake scare! Probably a garden snake. They're actually good to have around. They eat bugs and mice.

*Fanny, sorry about the house! That sucks!!!! Prayers that the perfect buyer shows up and SOON! The python that you want to get is beautiful!

*Lu, happy birthday!!!!

*As far as credit goes, we have 1 card that we want to cancel but we're afraid too b/c it's probably going to drop our rating. Ticks me off! We do everything right and it goes against us. This one cc already dropped our limit and I KNOW that had to affect it. We've never run that card up, don't even use it and haven't for a long time and have NEVER requested that they keep raising it like they did and now it's going to bite us in the butt! UGH!!

PJTP: Having a hard time typing. First finger on my left (dominant) hand is in pain! Putting DD's shoes on and went to help her with the velcro straps and somehow ended up pulling the nail back over the quick! UGH!!! Started bleeding and now it's still throbbing!

Gotta make a grocery list and head to the store either later today or in the AM after dropping DD off at preschool.

Have a great rest of the day!!! TTFN!

Heartfire.....OUCH!!!! I am sorry. I have had a fingernail ripped off before.

Thanks everyone. The dr. gave me 2 prescriptions that I can't get filled because his office visits went up. He set me up an appointment with an ENT that I will have to cancel because of the price.

G4E- i am so sorry you are going thru so much. Do you have any progams near you that help with rx when you are having difficulty paying? I know here, there is a program that is paid for by the drug companies.

Heartfire-i know that fingernail hurts like heck. I have only done that once, but it was enough.

Ebony-sorry to hear about your friend. Why exactly did having the gastic bypass cause them to have to open surgery? I am confused (not that it takes much).

Ebony/Beth-any day now you both will be telling us about your new jobs.

Fanny-sorry about the job and the home sell. I am sure the job situation will be better once you really get into it.

Luluc-i had my home loan approval before i ever went looking,too. I didn't want to look for more house than i knew i was going to be able to get.

Snakes-hate them all

Random pjtp-I went to the doctor today(gp). There was a stand in doctor(not sure where my normal doctor was today). The stand in doctor basically told me that i need to lose more weight for my height than i planned. She basically added about 15 more pounds needed to get me to the correct weight. Did any of your doctors give you a weight to shoot for? My surgeon didn't give me a goal weight and neither did my regular GP.

We also want to get a Newfoundland someday too!

I have a newf, but it will be my last one. He's the best. dog. ever......but it's just too hot for him down here. He stays inside during the summer, but it's still tough on him.

pjtp - went to get tested for bone marrow today & we found out that there were 5 men in the metroplex that a perfect matches for our friend.

the hospital is contacting them now, and he looks to get his transplant here in the next 3 wks....

That's crazy odds in a small town like Dalllas! :confused:

and Newf's drool...alot)

Yup. They sure do.

Our first pick is still a Newfie tho. We just love 'em. We've tried to rescue one but the local rescue group, meaning northern CA, has NEVER gotten back to me.

Is it specifically a newf rescue group? Because I just can't imagine anybody getting rid of one of the big ol' sweeties. Newfs are extremely intelligent and very, very gentle. But, as tap said above.....they do tend to have some drooling issues, lol

Happy Father's day Plain (and any other father that happens to read)!

Thanks!

Happy Birthday early luluc! I would love a surprise party myself.

Somehow, I missed the news of a Lulu b-day?!? How?!? Well, happy 22nd, Lu. :blushing:

Random pjtp-I went to the doctor today(gp). There was a stand in doctor(not sure where my normal doctor was today). The stand in doctor basically told me that i need to lose more weight for my height than i planned. She basically added about 15 more pounds needed to get me to the correct weight. Did any of your doctors give you a weight to shoot for? My surgeon didn't give me a goal weight and neither did my regular GP.

Mine gave me a goal of 142, based on the Met Life standard they all must use and then told me that it was too low and NOT to use that as goal, but it is what they must go by for insurance standards. They are based on the 1950 health model, so it is not realistic or healthy!

I wonder if that is where she got her number today for you?

Heartfire.....OUCH!!!! I am sorry. I have had a fingernail ripped off before.

Thanks everyone. The dr. gave me 2 prescriptions that I can't get filled because his office visits went up. He set me up an appointment with an ENT that I will have to cancel because of the price.

I didn't actually rip it off, thank GOD!! But I did pull it back some. Still hurts and I keep hitting it which doesn't help!!!

UGH! That sucks!! I'm so sorry!

I used the BMI chart and what I weighed when I graduated from HS and kinda went from there. I'm 40 (almost 41) and graduated at 120lbs. I'll never see that number again so I kinda went up from there. I also have it in my head that I may need to adjust higher depending on how I look and feel but I'd still like to be low 140s to high 130s if possible. I'm 5'3" btw.

I have a newf, but it will be my last one. He's the best. dog. ever......but it's just too hot for him down here. He stays inside during the summer, but it's still tough on him.

That's too bad. How hot does it get down there? We will hit highs of 100 up here but it's pretty rare and never for more than a few days, if that long. Most times it's 80s to low 90s, with some lower and higher temps. Our dog has the run of the house and can go out on the deck whenever she wants, so that's how we'd work it with any other dog we have. AC clicks on automatically at 80 unless we turn it down ourselves. I think a Newf would be okay. I know there have been some that lived up here.

Is it specifically a newf rescue group? Because I just can't imagine anybody getting rid of one of the big ol' sweeties. Newfs are extremely intelligent and very, very gentle. But, as tap said above.....they do tend to have some drooling issues, lol

No it was a Nor Cal Newf group that also did rescues. People getting dogs they knew nothing about and/or never trained, etc. I did go online the other day and do a search and there is only one rescue group in CA, it's in So Cal and it's an all giant breed rescue. Run by Burt Ward and his wife Tracy (Robin from Batman TV series). So we do have possibilities in that area. We'd have to drive all the way down to Norco which is like 6 hrs or so! Yikes! And their fees are super steep, tho understood, $500-$1000 depending on what they've had to expend with the dog. They're a non-profit. Of course buying a dog from a breeder if even more! I'd rather rescue tho just b/c a dog needs a home and we've always rescued, so it's preferred for us.

And yeah, cloth diapers will work great as drool rags! LOL!!!

Mine gave me a goal of 142, based on the Met Life standard they all must use and then told me that it was too low and NOT to use that as goal, but it is what they must go by for insurance standards. They are based on the 1950 health model, so it is not realistic or healthy!

Hi BBK!!! I can NOT imagine you at 142! There'd be NOTHING left!!!! According to your ticker, you're 160 something, if I remember right and based on your pics, I think you're fine where you are! That's why I left room in my head for adjustments as I go. I just don't know what things are going to look like as I get further down. The BMI charts are really off-base but it and my HS weight gave me a place to start. And who knows, maybe I will get to 120 someday and be fine there! I wasn't too skinny back then based on pics but with age and time, who knows! LOL!!

Come visit more often!!!! You're missed!!

PJTP: DD is in the tub and having a grand ol' time! LOL! Nearly bedtime so it might be tough to get her out! Better get to it! Have a great night all!! TTFN!

I forgot to add:

Plain, I'm also very envious b/c you have a Newfie and I want one SO bad!!!! LOL! They are SUCH great dogs!!!!

Have a great night!!

I forgot to add:

Plain, I'm also very envious b/c you have a Newfie and I want one SO bad!!!! LOL! They are SUCH great dogs!!!!

Highly, highly recommend if you have decent weather. Here in East Texas, we have 100+ degree days from (generally speaking) May - August, plus the humidity is insane. It's tough on the big guy, but he LOVES winter time. We can barely get him to come inside when it gets cold.

We actually got him because my middle boy had a fear of big dogs, and we wanted a sort of "therapy dog" that was big (and boy is Tug big....last vet visit he weighed in around 190 lbs). He is by far the smartest dog I have ever owned.

Aside from the drooling, a lot of Newfs have a thing with Water. I have a kiddie sandbox that I keep filled with water, and Tug loves to get inside when he drinks and splash about.

Strangely enough, he doesn't really eat all that much (although he isn't really active, lol). He's also nocturnal (I work nights) and sleeps during the day so he can patrol our land all night. Lots of deer, hogs and coyotes to run off, dontcha know.....

Ebony/Beth-any day now you both will be telling us about your new jobs.

Yeah, but now I keep booking flights outta town. You watch -- NOW I'll get the job offer of my dreams.

One's next week, so that's pretty close, but the other is the third week in July -- a Thursday and Friday (would also have to leave early Wednesday if I was working by then).

It's like Murphy's Law -- the jobs will start coming. lol

Hi BBK! I wonder too. She put me at 110 pounds as a goal. That like a skeleton with boobs! I am 5 1/2. I know I am not the tallest, but 110 just seems too slim.

I used the BMI chart and what I weighed when I graduated from HS and kinda went from there. I'm 40 (almost 41) and graduated at 120lbs. I'll never see that number again so I kinda went up from there. I also have it in my head that I may need to adjust higher depending on how I look and feel but I'd still like to be low 140s to high 130s if possible. I'm 5'3" btw.!

Basically what I did. I weighed about 115 when I graduated high school. I added about 10 pounds to that for my age (even though I can't fathom actually getting to 125).

Hi BBK!!! I can NOT imagine you at 142! There'd be NOTHING left!!!! According to your ticker, you're 160 something, if I remember right and based on your pics, I think you're fine where you are! That's why I left room in my head for adjustments as I go. I just don't know what things are going to look like as I get further down. The BMI charts are really off-base but it and my HS weight gave me a place to start. And who knows, maybe I will get to 120 someday and be fine there! I wasn't too skinny back then based on pics but with age and time, who knows! LOL!!

Come visit more often!!!! You're missed!!

I totally agree!

Yeah, but now I keep booking flights outta town. You watch -- NOW I'll get the job offer of my dreams.

One's next week, so that's pretty close, but the other is the third week in July -- a Thursday and Friday (would also have to leave early Wednesday if I was working by then).

It's like Murphy's Law -- the jobs will start coming. lol

Hopefully, Murphy's Law will leave you alone!

Morning everyone!