Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

heartfire - i would LOVE a great pyranees!

but as it is i have an old diabetic golden that's on insulin shots twice a day and a 17yr old long hair chi that is blind/deaf....along w/2 others that are toddlers on steroids.

just think i need to let the older dogs have their remaining days in somewhat peace before i go introduce another dog to the picture.

that said - they are great w/kids, the ones i know of.

2 ranchers near us have them for goat herding and they are very protective. i would give a shot, and most importantly check the demeanor between it and your dog. i have 2 alpha females and that's been a troublesome time getting them to play along. i've had to throw a pot of hot coffee on them to break up a girl spat as DH puts it.

good luck!

Yea, we've researched the breed. They're great dogs.

Talked to the gal by phone and I'm not sure he's GP after all. He's at least of mix of maybe that and probably Lab. Which would be good too. He looks just like a GP except he's black and short hair! LOL! She says he's a sweetheart. No food issues, leash, potty and pen trained. And she said he's probably less than 2 years old, intact and his dewclaws haven't been removed. Whomever his owner is/was, they were irresponsible.

Animal Control has probably picked him up at this point. She kept saying SPCA but we don't have an organized one up here, getting there but it's AC she called. They did tell her that they'd keep him for 5 days to give his owner a chance to find him then they'd put him up on Petfinders.

DH isn't going to go for it, I don't think. :) We'll see. Maybe I can talk him in to driving down to see him at the shelter or taking a look once he's on PF.

pjtp - went to get tested for bone marrow today & we found out that there were 5 men in the metroplex that a perfect matches for our friend.

the hospital is contacting them now, and he looks to get his transplant here in the next 3 wks....:tongue:

Fantastic news!! Please keep us posted as to how he is doing.

No word from Ebony? :)

I've been wondering too.

pjtp - went to get tested for bone marrow today & we found out that there were 5 men in the metroplex that a perfect matches for our friend.

the hospital is contacting them now, and he looks to get his transplant here in the next 3 wks....:tongue:

That is awesome news!

No word from Ebony? :)
I've been wondering too.

That is what I was wondering.

Thats great news Lulu!

I love big dogs. I would like a GP if I had the land but I have a 3/4 acre lot. I want a wolf/husky hybred. We had one when I was growing up. His name was Poky. He was so sweet and protective. he would wait with me in the mornings for the bus and wait for me after school. he loved to ride in the wagon behind the tractor. He would also play with1 of our ferrets, Bugsy. They were so funny together. Then some jerk literally drove off the road and into our field and hit him and looked at my dad and laughed as he drove away. Dad wanted to kill the man. he checked Poky to see if he was alive (wasn't) then he took off for the house and got one of his riffles and went after the guy. But he was long gone. Dad never seen the guy before nor after.

Morning everyone. A dreary day so playing in the dirt is not an option (at least this morning).:tongue:

Ebony...?????

Heartfire - let us know what happens with the dog.

Lulu - great news on the matching

Re dogs: love 'em all - big, small, long hair, short, drooling (and Newf's drool...alot)....whatever breed or look, I love dogs. Oh, and cats too.

I'm trying to remember if maybe Ebony was off on Friday. I thought I remembered something about looking to Thursday being the end of her week or something. She's been quiet everywhere, even on FB.

I do think Friday was her off day. I just hope that this quiet from her is just that she is busy getting things in order for her new job.

Oh, my goodness. I am so behind! I've been getting the emails when people post and didn't realize I wasn't coming up to read the posts in between the emails!

Anyway, life is pretty good for me. Still hate my job. Still training for the next tri. MacBoy is trying to get his license and looking for a job. Mini-Mac may have whooping cough, but it's unlikely. I think she has allergies.

I tried rollerblading with ColoradoChick and her hubby tonight. My first time. It was hilarious! Skates don't fit me, so now I'm stuck. I bought them YEARS ago and never used them; so I don't know if they ever did fit and don't now because my feet have shrunk, or if I accidentally bought men's rollerblades in the first place.

Beth, LOL! Get thee some new blades when you start working again! Hey! You EXERCISED!!!! Congrats!!

Mac, it's hard to catch up sometimes isn't it? YIKES!

PJTP: Probably not going to get the dog. Unless I can find him on Petfinders when they post him at the end of the week. Maybe once they've assessed the dog, it's a lot of the unknowns that are scaring us, and see a picture, then maybe we'll revisit it.

Interesting tho, last night went to my BF's house for a Silpada jewelry show and the rep that was there said if I ever wanted a GP to let her know. She has 2 from her dad. He uses them for his goat and sheep herds! They have a hard time finding homes for the pups when there's a litter! OMG!!!!

Told DH and I know he's working it out in his head how to make it work for us. Probably not any time TOO soon but we'll see. Our first pick is still a Newfie tho. We just love 'em. We've tried to rescue one but the local rescue group, meaning northern CA, has NEVER gotten back to me. Irritates me on that score. I mean, why get a pup for a pet when you can RESCUE one and give a guy a good home that needs one? Anyway.

Had a FUN day today. Went to a local, okay, well next town over, almost 30 minutes away, mining museum. I live in Gold Country. DD and I picked up my BF and her 2 kids and we went. It was a church family outing. A couple of the members are affiliated with the museum and they had everything open for us for the day. They also bbq'd lunch for us and had ice cream for dessert. We panned for gold and wandered around and went thru the museum and one of the famous, for the area, houses. Spent the whole day out there. DD did great and had a fun time. She crashed on the way home. I had to run to the grocery store after we dropped everyone off and getting her out of the truck is what finally woke her up. Tonight she'll end up playing in her bed for awhile after bedtime. Last night she was out in less than 10 minutes. I like those nights! LOL!

Went way over my calories today. Hopefully it's not too damaging! Yesterday was way under my calories. Just not hungry. Today, starving!! Crazy how that all works. We'll see what happens tho. Maybe it'll even itself out between the 2 days. You think? LOL!

Okay, time for DD to get to bed. Have a good night!! TTFN!

Good morning everyone! Happy Father's day Plain (and any other father that happens to read)!

Still no word from Ebony?

I hope everyone has a very happy, healthy Sunday!

happy dad's day ceradad/plain (other dad's reading..:()

was hoping to pop in this am and see an update from ebony. hopefully she's out celebrating this wkend!!!

went to younger brothers house for a BBQ yesterday, and it was a small surprise bday (40 - not yet though:tt2:) party - close friends and my parents flew in from FL. hubby is lucky he didn't plan, as we had it written in our vows that we will not plan any kind of surpise parties for each other....:biggrin:

doing coffee fast to get to the farmers market to make a "unplanned" brunch for dad's day when they all show up here shortly and hit the pool -.... suppose to be a scorcher.

have a good sunday all...

ps - beth no pics on fb on the roller blading???

Happy Fathers Day!

Lulu - you had interesting vows to say the least. I LOVE surprises, and really really really wanted one for the my 50th, but that didn't happen! Oh well, there is always 60, and a few more years to HINT to DH

Heartfire- Sounds like a fun day was had by all! and yes rescuing dogs is always the way to go!

Re Ebony - did she say she was going on vacation after last week? That's ringing a bell, but I could be mis-remembering!

Mac - great to see you back posting.

Beth - I've never tried rollerblading either - and perhaps I won't!

'K guys, gotta get back to the newspaper before I go outside and play.

Happy Birthday early luluc! I would love a surprise party myself. DH cooked for me instead. Of course, he didn't know that my mother had cooked for me as well (neither did I until the next day). Of course, she didn't cook anything band friendly, so it worked out for me that he cooked.

Have fun playing outside Tap!

taps - you don't know the half of our "odd" vows...:) but we did elope to vegas & the guy who married us was quite entertaining...LOL

i'm not a fan of surprises at all, this was all my parents pay back for refusing to have a sweet 16, graduation from hs/college parties, nor wedding. i'm the only girl and wanted to get married in jeans & flip flops vs that white gown (who looks good in white???).... so this is getting even in my mind:wink:

thanks slim,