Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

"Come the raw prawn...?" Do I even want to know?? :sad:

Whenever I'd mess with grandma a little (tease her about something), she would sometimes blurt out "don't come the raw prawn with me!". It's kinda like, "quit screwing with me".....

Morning all!

Come the raw prawn - never heard of the expression.

G4E - glad to know you have some 'bridge funding'..something to carry you over.

Plain - Don't think I'll watch the TV show...what IS the attraction of 'reality' shows? AS for Facebook, well if no one knows my real name etc, then it would still be this group of people as others won't know me. So, in essence, it would be the same people as here...another forum to chat with the same people?? Well except I could catch up with those that have gone awol like LJM, Donna etc

Re houses: I take ages to finally purchase a home (I've done it lots moving as I do every 5 years or so)...and I NEVER go back to see what the next owners have done. I did it once and was heartbroken, so now, if I I go back to a place where I used to live for a visit, I make a point to avoid the sight of a previous home. But I still buy houses 'with potential' - doing renovations is part of the ownership thrill and fun for me

Lu: hope you or another friend are a compatible match.

And PJTP - It's Friday...yahoo!!!

Fanny - I checked out the Aussie slang, and much of it is the same as that of my Irish/English ancestors. In fact, most of it...it would be the accent that would be different.

Morning! It's Friday.

DH will be going to visit his folks this weekend, and since I was gone last weekend, I'm spending this Father's Day w/DD. I want to try to get to Galveston, and just spend the day with her.

Gotta get through one more week day, though.... Just. One. More!

How's everyone doing today?

morning all~

think i got caught up on the thread...:sad:

glouc - nothing wrong w/a vegas wedding, DH and i eloped there several yrs ago. it was so funny we still laugh about it (not formal at all - perfect for us).

g4e - glad your ex is able to assist you

ebony - hope you hear something today re- job; great way to start the wkend!

taps - i am the same way w/homes, i can't look at them again. DH and i have owned 2 others previously and did a lot of work outside (fences/retaining walls/flower beds/trees). he went back to our first one and said that it looks great, can tell they put a new roof on, plantation shutters, the second (my favorite) they had let the yard go. i would feel compelled to knock on the door and hand them a shovel/rake...LOL

well my coffee had to go on ice today. 8:30am 96 degrees, and the air downstairs seems not to be putting out as strong - i see a replacement in our future, but right now i'm not in the mood for another maintenance bill.

Lulu - 830 am and 96???? I cannot imagine it.... but I would like to experience it!! We may get to 80 by high noon, but that's it until maybe August. Then we may get to 85 - a veritable heat wave!

Lulu - 830 am and 96???? I cannot imagine it.... but I would like to experience it!! We may get to 80 by high noon, but that's it until maybe August. Then we may get to 85 - a veritable heat wave!

87 + humidity, hubby has one of those thermometers that measure both....96 right now.

went out to put some chemicals in the pool & hit a few tennis balls to the dogs. came inside soaking Wet.

Lulu - 830 am and 96???? I cannot imagine it.... but I would like to experience it!!

Yes, that's Texas for you. And she's quite a bit farther north than I was in Houston. You may want to experience it -- ONCE -- but to live with it for nine months, well... I imagine it's like what hell feels like.

I used to say that our low at night (mid- to upper-90s) was higher than many people's highs during the day. Oh, and for Houston, ad 99 to 100 percent humidity to that. :sad:

You know...I thought I'd be an old pro at that heat thing, but going to VA knocked me out. It was just as hot there as it is here (Houston). The difference was early morning and evening, things cooled off.

But, I got hotter there than I thought I would after being used to Houston now. And, I am. I leave work frozen like ice, and don't turn on the air or open windows in the car until I'm a mile down the road.

I used to have a/c jacked to 60 and was still kinda warm. (That was at 300 lbs, so maybe that had something to do with it...I dunno.) But, now I'm good at 75 in the house. And, good meaning kinda chilly.

I still don't ENJOY being hot. It's just that my "hot" came up a few degrees in the last couple of years.

Okay, now that I put all my excuses out there, I need you to kick my ass. What say you? :sad:

Consider it kicked! So. What have you done today? I got out and walked with the kiddo and dog this AM. It was 8AM and already pushing 75! Yuck! Gonna be hot today!

Woke up with very little pain this morning. haven't been like that in weeks.

NICE!!! Let's hope THAT continues!

Oh - and the fact that this morning, I got on my scale and I've reached the 50 pounds lost mark! :blink::blink::D:lol::wink2::wub:[/b]

WHOOHOO!!!!!

Plain- I went to the Facebook site, but just as quickly backed away. They want to know tooo much information including name etc.

A coworker brought in his 1 week old baby today for 'show and tell'...sweet LITTLE baby...less than 6 pounds.

Apparently an unfill is not necessary - I managed all 'real' food yesterday with no issues -:

Did the same with FB. It freaked me out a little!

Little babies are so cute!

So glad your tummy is all better! Hooray!!

Well, as of January 1, 2010 he really will be DH and I will be his DW.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Same department, different job. So I will be schlepping back down there on Tuesday for another panel interview.

WHOOHOO! Lots of prayers that it goes well!

PJTP...

Glouc, I get a daily email from an inspirational publication,

Where do you get these? That was nice.

going back to catch up on ya'll - would love a cold basement about now - 6pm & 104 degrees.

Okay, so it's not as hot as where you are! Yikes!

Welcome back and best wishes on the testing today!

Okay, WTF? Anybody seen the ad for the new show created by The Bachelor folks called More To Love?

NOT going to be watching that one!

Ex is loaning me some money. He even offered more than I asked for.

That's really great of him.

*Ebony, hope you're having a good day today!!!

PJTP: Okay y'all, I need a dose of reality. There is a local forum that I'm on and in another neighborhood about 20 minutes from me, just down the hill, one of the regulars posted that there is a male, black, Great Pyrenees running around. Neighbors have been posting signs, calling vets, etc. trying to find his owners. He's a nice guy, likes to hang out at a house for a few days, then moves on, is leash trained and has a collar but no tags. Typical for up here. I'm actually surprised he even has a collar.

Anyway, she was posting that she was going to call the SPCA and have him picked up. I posted this AM that we might be able to take him. <sigh> I'm crazy! That's all there is to it! We already have a dog. We have almost 2 acres but no fencing. Our dog lives inside and on the deck. She goes on my walks with me.

I'm freaking out now! We've always wanted a Pyrenees, so we know what we're getting ourselves into as far as that goes. We also want to get a Newfoundland someday too! And I like Neo Mastiffs and Great Danes too! Can we say BIG dogs! LOL!

BUT to rescue an unknown dog. Is he okay with kids and other dogs, etc.? He does sound like a love. The gal got out of her car last night and he about licked her to death. So that's good, right?

Anyway, it may be a non-issue. She was going to call and have him picked up this AM and I posted up just before lunch. She hasn't even seen my post yet.

So, I don't know. Prayers maybe for this dog. That if he has been picked up, he finds a great home. Or if he's for us, that it all works out and everything is okay. We've always rescued our dogs and we take it very seriously. This is an animal's life and we aren't ones to say "oh well" and move on by just sacrificing the new dog or the one(s) we already have.

I'll let you know what happens.

TTFN!

heartfire - i would LOVE a great pyranees!

but as it is i have an old diabetic golden that's on insulin shots twice a day and a 17yr old long hair chi that is blind/deaf....along w/2 others that are toddlers on steroids.

just think i need to let the older dogs have their remaining days in somewhat peace before i go introduce another dog to the picture.

that said - they are great w/kids, the ones i know of.

2 ranchers near us have them for goat herding and they are very protective. i would give a shot, and most importantly check the demeanor between it and your dog. i have 2 alpha females and that's been a troublesome time getting them to play along. i've had to throw a pot of hot coffee on them to break up a girl spat as DH puts it.

good luck!

pjtp - went to get tested for bone marrow today & we found out that there were 5 men in the metroplex that a perfect matches for our friend.

the hospital is contacting them now, and he looks to get his transplant here in the next 3 wks....:sad: