Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

G4E-I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. I hope that everything (job, injury, family) works out soon! Keep us posted on what the doctor says.

I'm great I'm engaged to don the guy from work that gave me the ruby ring in the elevator..

Congrats! I've seen your happy posts on fb - you two are so cute! :wub:

Morning all.

congrats MS

I am having some problems. Nothing new I know. Quick synopsis. I have been working for a temp agency in school cafeterias. Sporadic at best, but still work. The last day I worked I must have done something to my back. The following morning I got up and my back was killing me. At first I thought I slept wrong, then I thought no I was doing a lot of heavy lifting by myself at the school the day before. Fast forward 2 weeks. Lots of pain, hardly able to sleep. I woke up this morning (after taking Benedryl for allergies) could barely shower and dress. Right arm keeps going numb. Going to the ER after bank opens up so I can pull my last few dollars. You have to pay for parking at the ER. $2.00. I don't think that is right, but oh well. I can't afford this right now. What if someone calls me for a job? I can't say I'm sorry but...I have to be job hunting, not recuperating from an injury. Everything is going to be shut off next week. I am now 4 months behind on mortgage. I NEED A JOB! It's scarring me that what if I need surgery or something? My arm going numb is really concerning me.

So sorry for carring on. Just keep me in your prayers.

G4E - you are in my prayers for a speedy (and inexpensive) recovery and a dream job in short order. I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through...that old saying "What doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger" is true, but dang - why do we have to get beat up so much?

Hang in there...I'm rooting for ya! :crying:

I'm engaged to don the guy from work that gave me the ruby ring in the elevator..

Congratulations!

How does your son feel about this man?

Yeah just watch out for small planes in the south florida area pilot boy did not take it so well...

Ohhh...

G4E-I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. I hope that everything (job, injury, family) works out soon! Keep us posted on what the doctor says.

What she said!!!

Congrats! I've seen your happy posts on fb - you two are so cute! :confused:

I might just have to give in and go to Facebook because apparently there is news there, that Im missing - SMS and her man, LJM and her baby, BBK, and who knows who and what other LBT-ers are there.....

* plain - glad to explain the cute blond in my avtr photo to ya, though you comment on all other ones..:)

* sms - you know how happy i am for ya, i'm part of the fan club of SO!

* taps/michelle - i love gardening. but i have so much wildlife dh had a small green house built & this is really my first yr of veggies. i've done herbs/tx wildflowers testing it - but last night i had some of my first ever zuchinni. LOVED it.

* friend - took her spinning yesterday, then lunch & glass of wine. she got it, time to step up and be her husbands rock. dh and i can't live there or do it for her..

* got an unfill yesterday AM and ate like a pig - i just LOVE food. :confused: reason for the damn band!

* g4e - sorry about your back, maybe it's a pinched nerve? regarding your mtg, have you talked to the bank? see if you can work something out? i hate hearing that your going through this; fingers crossed!

I might just have to give in and go to Facebook because apparently there is news there, that Im missing - SMS and her man, LJM and her baby, BBK, and who knows who and what other LBT-ers are there.....

you do!!!!!

I'm great I'm engaged to don the guy from work that gave me the ruby ring in the elevator..

Omg, SERIOUSLY!!??!!?? That's fantastic!!! There's a story I'd love to be filled in on! :confused:

Boss is due back from business trip tomorrow morning - I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Waiting for a meeting to be scheduled to discuss my answer to their recent reprimand...it's not going to be fun, and I really wish I didn't have to do this, but I'm not going to be run over and left on the side of the road - you put my back against a wall, and I'm ready to fight. :)

Did I miss something? A new reprimand? For WHAT?? :mad2: :confused:

On a side note... Does anyone know of a good resume program? LOL I want to write a new resume for me and my DH but I can't seem to find one with good templates.

I just bought a kit at Office Depot, one by WinWay called Resume Deluxe. It not only has templates for resumes, it will also help you draft an application letter AND it has little movie clip scenarios on how to interview and answer those tricky questions you may be asked -- including how to negotiate your pay. There may be more, but that's all I've found so far. It was $30.

Did I miss something? A new reprimand? For WHAT?? :) :confused:

i must have missed that too?

what happened ebony?

This thread moves so quickly and my life is so busy it is kinda hard to keep up sometimes. I hope you will forgive my sporadic posting, lol.

Luluc - Hang in there. Stress tightens up my band for sure so I know how that goes. It is really great that you can be there for your friends during this difficult time.

G4E, Sorry it has been so rough going for you as well. My thoughts are with you and I hope you find a great job soon and your back is better.

Beth - Cleaning out the closet is great . . . I love that feeling of having new space to fill with better and more flattering clothing, lol.

Heartfire/Michelle, I am doing some container gardening this year and love it. I used to keep a huge garden which was frequently obliterated by deer and racoons. I remember the racoons were the worst because they would go through the sweet corn, knock it over, peel open a cob, take one bite and then move on to the next. It was more mass destruction than anything else.

Fanny - I hope you have an absolutely marvelous time, you deserve it. You are now in the most fun stage post banding . . . where life really starts taking off and everything becomes more interesting. I definitely don't have the guts for a brazilian wax yet, lol. It can't be comfortable (although it is probably 10x worse in my imagination then in reality, lol).

Ebony, good luck on the job search.

SMS, engaged . . . wow, congratulations.

I am definitely missing out on Facebook. I have some of you as friends but am missing quite a few as well :0).

Did I miss something? A new reprimand? For WHAT?? :mad2: :confused:

The first "conversation" was termed a "counseling session". Not much changed in my mind after that - same old, same old.

i must have missed that too?

what happened ebony?

Got called in again, this time it was termed a "verbal reprimand" and given to me in writing so I'd have a copy. More of the same - referring to my "difficulties" in completing assigned tasks, etc.

I feel like I'm being crushed in a vise - if I ask a question to clarify something, I know it will be portrayed as "I don't know how to do my job". If I don't ask, complete it the was I think it should be done, and it's not right (some little detail thing) I'm portrayed as "can't do the job".

I'm so ready to be outa here...have applied for 4 other jobs - was referred to the hiring manager on 2 of them, still waiting to hear on the other 2.

Can't wait...just trying to keep it together until something else comes through - I really can't afford to be without a job right now with DD headed off to college...:)

Even my union rep says it's time to go...

i'm sorry ebony - you do sound like your in a rock/hard place.

hope one of those 2 jobs happens & fast!

i'm sorry ebony - you do sound like your in a rock/hard place.

hope one of those 2 jobs happens & fast!

Thanks, LuluC - I just got word that we're meeting again tomorrow to discuss my response to the latest verbal / written warning.

I HATE confrontation - my stomach is tied up in knots and I know I won't sleep very well tonight...though I am good at fighting, I don't like it - I don't thrive on conflict.

I hope this is all over soon...I wish I could just get back to doing my job and not worrying so much.

Will report in tomorrow on what happens - all good thoughts / positive energy / prayers / good wishes gratefully accepted! :confused:

Thanks, LuluC - I just got word that we're meeting again tomorrow to discuss my response to the latest verbal / written warning.

I HATE confrontation - my stomach is tied up in knots and I know I won't sleep very well tonight...though I am good at fighting, I don't like it - I don't thrive on conflict.

I hope this is all over soon...I wish I could just get back to doing my job and not worrying so much.

Will report in tomorrow on what happens - all good thoughts / positive energy / prayers / good wishes gratefully accepted! :confused:

So... do they just want to hear your response to the most recent BS, or are they wanting to counsel you because of a response you have already shown that they take issue with?

Omg, that SO sounds like what I came from. Some people have more lunacy than sense. :)