Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

The GOOD thing is refinancing our home will save us about $450 a month, which, after taking into account what I was putting into savings and 401k, will about makes up for what was left over out of my check.

that's great beth!

ebony - never thought of pre-teen clothes; ya made my day.

heather - the goats are too cute; i can't get them to sit still and get a decent pic ... kat i told DH about making soap, and he said he'd believe it when he sees it (meaning i'll never do it). he's afraid he'll come home from a business trip & i've invited them into the house...LOL

i won't - but it's good to keep him on his toes.!:rolleyes:

Hi! It's been awhile...

How is everyone??

Fanny's Outback Update :rolleyes:

I've been walking the 5-6km home from site to camp at night lately (coz I'm bored in the gym) and last night spotted this beauty on the road about 3 feet from where we were standing:

snake.jpg

It's a King Brown, about 5-6ft, so not big for that kind of snake, they get up to 10ft.

The king brown snake is probably one of Australia's most well known venomous snakes. It is also commonly referred to by many as the mulga snake. The term King Brown to many, implies that this snake belongs to the brown snake family. The fact remains however that this snake is actually a member of the black snake family and as such requires the use of black snake antivenin should any body be envenomated.

The king brown snake has a huge distribution area and is found in parts of all main land Australia and also found in southern parts of New Guinea.

It coloration varies depending on locality and can be various tones of black, grey, dark green, and dark reddish brown. Usually each scale is lighter toned around the edge and often gives the snake a reticulated appearance. One of the scale characteristics is that the caudal scale are normally both single and divided. Here in the Pilbara area they are only single.

While the King brown is considered to be a large elapid, size varies accordingly to location but generally speaking they seem to be of a larger size further north with the occasional specimen reaching close to 10 foot in total length.

Although highly venomous I have personally found that they only reluctantly strike when first disturbed but can become pugnacious when provoked and will flatten out their neck and try to bite. One thing worth noting is that their venom output is quite large and this is another factor that makes them highly dangerous.

The King Brown shelters in burrows, logs, rock piles, etc. Prey consists of small mammals, birds, snakes, lizards, and frogs.

King browns are often found active just on dusk and in the hotter parts of the year become nocturnal.

luluc-Huge NSV! That is awesome!

Beth-I hope you get someting soon. Also, good luck on the classes.

Diva-Hi!

Fanny-the snakes scare the crap out of me! I don't know how you do it.

PJTP-I had my first semi-public PB today. That was not fun. I know it was stress induced. I was eating lunch when something happened at work that was my fault (thankfully it wasn't as bad as I initially thought). Needess to say, the food that I ate didn't want to go down. I couldn't make it to the bathroom, but thankfully no one was around. How do you deal with stuff like that? That was so odd and embarrassing! I haven't had any other trouble since then, but I moved my fill out a few days just in case.

I'm a bouncer, too. I didn't get frustrated until I bounced up and never bounced back down.

I'm sure Plain will have something to say about that, but it is what it is....

You're correct, ma'am! Bounce, bounce, bounce....um, I need to be excused.

Just a quick note in case some of you didn't know.....

Laura (FairyFacade) had her little boy last night!!!

He is beautiful---7 lbs. 5 oz. His name is Carson. I am sure she will be in when she can to update everyone!!

Yay! Congrats FF!!!

was at our feed store, and this rancher was giving away 2 pygmy goats (babies) .... so i put them in the truck and they're in the barn w/some hay. have NO idea what to do w/them other than learn how to milk them & make cheese....LOL

I'm assuming then, that the goats are female? :crying:

* small NSV, my friend stopped by on sat night on her way back home from austin; she had her daughter & friend w/her. we already had company over and the girls wanted to hang their feet in the pool. i gave them a pair of shorts to wear & they fit perfectly.....they're 11yrs old...:eek:

Are you saying you're built like an 11 yr old girl? Sexy....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PJTP-I had my first semi-public PB today. That was not fun. I know it was stress induced. I was eating lunch when something happened at work that was my fault (thankfully it wasn't as bad as I initially thought). Needess to say, the food that I ate didn't want to go down. I couldn't make it to the bathroom, but thankfully no one was around. How do you deal with stuff like that? That was so odd and embarrassing! I haven't had any other trouble since then, but I moved my fill out a few days just in case.

Weirdly enough, it is kind of a "non-issue" for me. I'm usually extremely careful in public.......but I can tell when something is coming back up waaaaay in advance. Guess I better knock on wood, eh?

Weirdly enough, it is kind of a "non-issue" for me. I'm usually extremely careful in public.......but I can tell when something is coming back up waaaaay in advance. Guess I better knock on wood, eh?

I can normally tell, but I was caught up in work. I was hoping it would go down. The bathroom is several hundred feet away from where I actually work. By the time I really realized it wasn't going down, it was too late. I will be more careful. You should knock on wood (or that hard head of yours:tt2:).

love guinea pigs...cute names.

obviously i don't know what i'm doing here. can't even figure out how to reply to a darn post. i better read some instructions. don't mind me, folks, while i figure my way around.

Edited by barchedm
messed up placement

love guinea pigs...cute names.

obviously i don't know what i'm doing here. can't even figure out how to reply to a darn post. i better read some instructions. don't mind me, folks, while i figure my way around.

Well, actually, that was the quintessential "post just to post"....perfect for this thread.

Fanny: Thanks but no thanks! I don't mind non-poisonous snakes at all. Actually used to catch them as a kid. But I don't find the poisonous ones quite so cute. :crying:

Snakes??? NO thank you!!!! Brave girl there Fanny!!!

SIL is still in the hospital. They were going to do a swallow study, and release her this morning, she swallowed, and back up it come! So they are monitoring her....hoping it is swelling, but there is a possibility of a fusion I am understanding, and she may be looking at partial removal of her stomach---sounds like a bypass revision.....scary crap!!!

And no the SIL nor niece are nurses, niece has some medical training as a phlebotomist....but she does theirs, and several others. Hoping that had nothing to do with it. SIL has been throwing up for a lot longer than niece has even been banded.

They are going to do more testing, but she is in the hosp. for minimally 2 more days.

We spent part of yesterday at softball practice, getting started practicing for our late summer league. Everywhere I have feeling....I hurt!!! LOL

I may just damn well be too old for this.....

Yep, y'all need to check out the goatmilk soap....

Beth, I know what you mean about number breaking down. I went to work, about the time they cut DH's hours in about half. Then we paid off our car this month----so I put that amount into my auto deduct savings----and by the time I did my IRA as well---we are only a few hundred ahead!!! We almost broke even with DH's former hours. Pathetic!!! LOL

Well off to soak in a hot tub!!! I have muscles I forgot about!!!

WTG Mac!

Great NSV Lulu.

OK, who's coming to Houston on May 2nd for the mini LBT get together?

~Beth, sounds like the re-fi is going to help a bunch.

~Hi Diva! Where ya been?

~Fanny, Cool! I like snakes. Prefer the non-venomous myself but I think they're all neat.

~Sorry, Slim. I hope you're okay. I have no advice for you. I'm still pretty new at this.

~Kat, Sorry SIL is still having problems. I sure hope it gets worked out. Maybe she's just one who can't tolerate the band?

Sounds like it was a good thing you went back to work! Yikes!

Have fun with your summer league! Hope you had a good soak!

~PJTP: Well, tonight's bedtime went a lot easier than last night's! Thank GOD!!!! I think I mentioned it last night but I'll say it again, I HATE being the tough one!!! DH pretty much stayed out of it tonight tho! He's gonna have fun tomorrow night when he's gotta do it all by himself. I'm playing Bunco and won't be home til well after bedtime! :crying:

I love, love, love my DD but I'm thinking I don't like toddler-hood! LOL! And just think, I get to do it all again when she hits the tweens! Yeah for me! LOL! :eek:

She really is a great kid. :biggrin: We just have our moments. Sometimes a lot of moments!! I am so Blessed tho! And she is so easy about some stuff that I hear others have problems with so I definitely count my Blessings!

I need to head to bed! Have a great night and a fantastic Tuesday!!

question for you - and not sure the difference in WLS matters much....but did your dr talk about a bounce back number?

We didn't explicitly talk about it but he's mentioned it before at support group meetings and he's mentioned it to others when talking about their goal weight.

The thing is, there are physiological reasons that bypass patients have bypass. Their malabsorption goes away and their pouch and stoma stretch which lessens their hunger control. The rest of the surgeries don't have that sort of thing.

So I don't think bounce back is inevitable. It happens, but I'd rather be one of those people whose weight loss is like a plane coming in for a landing. A steep descent then a leveling off and slowing down until it gently kisses the gate. I think going too low and then bouncing back would be a problem for me.

So if 120 or 125 is what I'm destined to be then I'd rather just get there and stop. Plus, if I go down to 115 or lower, I think that might be unhealthy. Because I'd really be 105-110 plus 5-10 lb. of loose skin.

~Fanny, Cool! I like snakes

Me too.