Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

<3 BBK

I get my ultrasound tomorrow, I'm so anxious!!

I'm getting an unusually big commission check this Friday, trying to decide what to blow it on. I think money literally burns a hole in my purse.

OK I guess no one else is going to be a bummer besides me? Save the commission check!!!

OK I guess no one else is going to be a bummer besides me? Save the commission check!!!

my warren buffett thinking husband has transformed my ways of "i need new shoes now".....save a 1/3, invest 1/3...spend a 1/3.

it was very hard during commission time of the month - but it helped me retire before 40...so i say take a bit of a splurge, and bank the rest.

my warren buffett thinking husband has transformed my ways of "i need new shoes now".....save a 1/3, invest 1/3...spend a 1/3.

it was very hard during commission time of the month - but it helped me retire before 40...so i say take a bit of a splurge, and bank the rest.

Retired before 40? OK I don't like you anymore!!! :omg_smile: I'll be 42 Friday and STILL working, doggone it!

Oh and PS - the scheduler was supposed to call with my surgery date and didn't. I don't want to find out my date on 9/11 - creepy! I told a co-worker friend that I wasn't going to answer the phone tomorrow!

Hah, 20% of my check goes into savings before it even reaches my hand, so that part is taken care of!

I planned to find out the sex (too early right now), but DH actually said tonight after talking to my mom (damn her and her joy of surprises) convinced him we should wait, even though I told her I wanted to. So who knows. This actually did turn into the argument, so I'm on the laptop in bed while he's in the computer room. I wish I could be lesbian most the time.

I say you guys find out the sex when you can and just don't tell your mom. Or just you find out and don't tell both of them so everyone is happy. :)

DH actually said tonight after talking to my mom (damn her and her joy of surprises) convinced him we should wait, even though I told her I wanted to.

As someone who has had two kids, the whole "knowing the sex is like knowing what your presents are before you open them" line is a bunch of BS. There are *so many* happy surprises about having a baby, but knowing the sex can make the baby seem more real and also can really help you with planning and pre-baby chores.

You are way ahead! I forwarded it to a bunch of people too!

My boss said she would look into the "alleged" drug use. I have a feeling she is going to ignore the whole situation unless this girl makes some huge mistake. For an attorney, she is not very smart. She had twins at the age of 50, so I know she is crazy!

Oh my, twins at the age of 50!! I can't even begin to imagine. She will be 68 before they even graduate from high school. I am so happy I had my kids in my mid 20's. I was young enough to have the energy to keep up with them, and will be young enough when they leave the nest to be able to enjoy life with just the dh and myself. And, thanks to the band, will be around many more years to enjoy grand-babies some day.

Anyways, Denise, keep us posted. I am curious to see how this turns out. What type of attorney is she?

So many different 'conversations' going on here at one time...

BBK: voted; will vote again tomorrow.

Fairy: I concur with Froggi - you find out and keep it a secret from those that don't want to know.

Denise: For a lawyer, your boss seems stupid. No lawyer worth their salt would want anyone who is any kind of addict - that makes her staff more susceptible to inapproriate behaviours and potentially compromising her cases.

luluc: retiring before 40...way to go! I had my retirement all planned out for 40 as well, and then, well...life/shi*t happened. So here I am in my 50's thinking maybe I can retire by 60......ARGHHH

froggi - Nothing cheesy about burying a pet and marking the site...I had a mini graveyard in one of my previous homes.

And it is Thursday - finally.

Well, it's Thursday, and I'm at work - for the moment. We may be shutting down and leaving early. I haven't been through a hurricane before, and DH is taking it in stride. Ike looks to be headed our way, and DH says we'll ride it out. I dunno...we at least have a gas grill, and tons of flashlights/batteries.

I'm more worried about our dogs. If the yard/neighborhood floods, they won't have anywhere to go the bathroom. How does that work?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Gloucester - I've been through 5 (I think - I was a small child through 3) hurricanes - native Floridian. Since you aren't on the coast you shouldn't have to worry a lot with the wind/surge damage. The winds I'm sure will pickup but it shouldn't be too bad. You will probably get some rain, which comes in bands. There could be localized flooding, so with the dogs you may need to take them out after a band moves through and so forth. It will rain, then stop, then drizzle then stop...and usually follow that sort of pattern. Hope that helps some :-)

Guest Leslie2Lose

You may want to fill a bathtub up with Water too - to flush the toilets just in case you lose electricity. I hope you are spared the worse. We always played board games and did puzzles during storms. I grew up an hour from the coast (in the Panhandle) and we almost always lost electricity.

I'm actually looking forward to no electricity. No TV...no noise. Just the family together, playing games. By candle light.

On another note, I'm trying to eat a banana. I very rarely eat them and with the band it's actually hard. I heard that they're really good for you, so I want to get it in. It would taste better w/peanut butter, but I'm sure that would make it really hard to eat.