Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hey what are all of you doing to get more Fiber in your diet?

My portions are so small that not getting enough fiber is causing problems.

I put a couple teaspoons of benefiber in my cup of tea every day and usually drink about two per day. I can't always eat salads. brandyII

Hey what are all of you doing to get more fiber in your diet?

My portions are so small that not getting enough fiber is causing problems.

Here recently, I've been eating lentils. 1/4c has 11g of fiber in it! I've even been substituting lentils for meat in my chili. It also has 10g of Protein per 1/4c, so it's like killing two birds with one stone.

Are lentils something like dry Beans that you have to cook? I am not familiar with lentils. I have had lentil Soup, but never really thought about where to get them or how to cook them.

I add the clear liquid fiber to my Breakfast Protein Shakes. 2 teaspoons adds almost half your RDA. I've been doing this for about a month now, and even though it took some time to get back to normal, I'm happy to say - I'm normal... :wub:

What clear liquid fiber are you talking about? Are you talking about benefiber?

Or something that is liquid to begin with?

I am in serious need of help with this problem!:thumbup:

Hello everyone i only have about 20posts & i can't get my ticker to work so bare with me... I 4got what this threads about oh yeah, i love fish... you don't know what your missing!!!!!!! yummmmmm....

sorry No Recipe.:wub: LMAO

Edited by ladiekappa

Are lentils something like dry Beans that you have to cook? I am not familiar with lentils. I have had lentil Soup, but never really thought about where to get them or how to cook them.

Lentils are in the Legume family. They remind me of tiny little dry beans. I cook mine in the crock pot. I just put then in there, cover them generously with chicken stock, and season them up with whatever dry seasonings I have on hand. I just keep an eye on them and cook them until they are tender. I like them and I use the leftovers to make soup or chili.

What clear liquid fiber are you talking about? Are you talking about benefiber?

Or something that is liquid to begin with?

I am in serious need of help with this problem!:thumbup:

Sorry, I forget the name at the moment, but I'll get that for you when I get home later.

It is a clear odorless, tasteless liquid and can really be added to anything while cooking or anything else. It is highly concentrated. I bought it half price at Wal-Mart and it was originally priced at about 14 bucks a bottle.

As promised the product is called Ready Fiber and is made by Health Direct.

Here is the link to the product (but you might be able to find it in stores, I found mine at Wal-Mart): Ready Fiber | Liquid Soluble Dietary Fiber Supplement

and here's a pic:

readyfiber.gif

I do hope this might help. I know how awful it can be.

LilMiss

Is it really tasteless and odorless? If it is, I might give it a try too. But there are so many products out there that promise things that just aren't true.

I hope since you got it for half price that doesn't mean that they aren't going to carry it anymore. I do most of my shopping there at Walmart.< /p>

I am going to look for it.

Wow! I watched a documentary tonight about Walmart, and how horrible they are to their employees. It also told all about how the people that make their clothes get paid about $3 per day working from 7am until 10 pm in china and other countries. It was sad.

What is also sad, is there are hardly any other stores in this town.

Yep, I have heard a lot of bad things about them as well. I try to avoid them as much as possible. Target is much better, plus they are known for giving back to the community. So, I tend so shop at our Super Target a lot.

Georgiagirl, yes it really is tasteless and odorless. I really do like this product and believe me, it works! It takes some time, it won't happen over night, but if you take it every day it will help. In the mean time you might want to take a faster acting laxative.

Denise, I did ask this because I thought it was strange to charge that low a price and the clerk at the cash register told me they do that with several products for only a limited time. I bought four bottles of it.

I have also heard many bad things about Wal-Mart as well. It's kind of like a double-edge sword with them. If you shop elsewhere you're going to pay alot more, but if you don't you're helping your community and the businesses that choose to work their employees more fair. We don't have a Greatland where I live, and the price of gas prevents me from wanting to travel out of my way to get to one.

I thought I needed a fill. As I sit here sliming because of careless chewing, I decided I don't need one at all. I haven't been stuck in

a long time.

We don't have a Target here. We do have K Mart and it always surprises me how empty their parking lot is and that at Walmart

it's such a chore to find a place to park.

I thought I needed a fill. As I sit here sliming because of careless chewing, I decided I don't need one at all. I haven't been stuck in

a long time.

We don't have a Target here. We do have K Mart and it always surprises me how empty their parking lot is and that at Walmart

it's such a chore to find a place to park.

We had a KMart first and it was always easy to get in and out of. Then came WalMart a few large blocks away and KMart became even more empty and easy to get in and out of. Then came Target across the street from KMart and they had to close the KMart. Now they put a Kohl's where KMart was. I love to go into a store and get in and out of it quickly. WalMart is always full of people mindlessly shopping but Target is prettier and it draws me in and I turn into a mindless shopper:tt1: I know too long of a ramble sorry, brandyII