Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I hate to admit this, but he does have a point. hmmmmm:unsure:

Ooooh, very much agreed.

I dunno, but maybe you can talk to Wasa about that. If you can get past the fangs and the blood dripping from her claws, that is. One suggestion, however: Do NOT look her straight in the eye. Trust me on this. :blushing:

Ok, so I should have been in bed 2 hours ago. I have been playing Mafia Wars and losing! WTH???

Anyway, good night everyone! I hope that everyone had an overall good day!

KC-I hope that you had a safe and uneventful flight!

Y'all are just too sweet. I've thought about MX. I'm not really comfortable with it for a few reasons. One, it's not the US :sad:. If there were later complictions, I'd have no recourse. Medicaid would refuse to treat me saying this is a pre-existing condition. While I can "afford" to pay cash, I don't have THAT much money. I could never afford to pay for another surgery, etc. The only reason I could even consider paying cash is that I'm not the one actually paying. But, because I can "find" the money, Medicaid would consider it a resource. They'd drop me saying if I had cash for surgery....

In my area, there are very few docs who accept Medicaid. When I had to have my 2nd back surgery, I was told that I had to wait. I was in excrutiating pain, couldn't walk, couldn't sit, and was losing bladder control. One Medicaid doc I could see was semi-retired and over 65. The other option was a large hosp here and I couldn't get in there until October. Another doc - no openings until July. This was MAY. After my own PCP's office telling me that they recommended physical therapy and a pain-management center, my mom got pissed. She contacted my former neurosurgeon. I was admitted to the hosp on Mon, put on morphine drip, and had surgery on Thurs. I'm still paying the neuro...and will be for quite some time. Because I was kept waiting so long by Medicaid, I lost feeling in my legs from the knees down. My toes are paralyzed. I can't feel my own butt. So, thanks, Medicaid. I just love my quad-cane :blushing:.

Okay, this was way tooooooo long. Sorry. I just have issues with the crappy way you get treated when you have Medicaid. You get put on the bottom of the waiting lists and have to see docs who are very old and maybe don't specialize in your condition. You are judged w/o anyone really knowing your situation.

This is why I wanted to self-pay.:ohmy: Thanks for indulging me in another rant. Aren't you glad you asked??? Really, you all are wonderful and very supportive. I wouldn't have shared this with just anyone....and I'm gonna delete it later. I'm sure you understand.

TPG

Wow, and just think -- we may ALL get handled that way if you-know-who gets his way. :tt1:

I can't feel my own butt.

I have the same feeling! Although, mine came about after this nice gentleman clad in leather offered me a drink in a bar I was not familiar with. I....don't like to talk about it.

Man, TPG....I'm so sorry. :blushing: I've been there. It sucks.

You can't feel your butt either? So maybe I could indulge my spanking fetish and you could get some restful sleep. I call that a win / win.

Drive by post...stupid swine flu is freaking me out....I'm thinking I'll go all MJ and just make my family wear masks all the time..

Beep beep

Good idea! I think I will wear one the first day of school! A little nervous, but hey, gotta do what ya gotta do! One of my DD friends is at CU and has a confirmed mild case of swine flu and is in dorm quarantine for 7 days! That sucks and her classes just started.

pjtp - I'm a little torn right now over a little girl in my "extended" family.

But...wow. At 14 if she's feeling this sad and alone, what's 16, 18...etc going to bring?

Glouc, good for you for at least noticing and responding. Kids need to know that someone is there and pulling for them. She is at a very tough age. They are really going through hormone and body changes - then add boys!

You should give her a call and see what is up. A lot of times it is not nearly as bad as they make it out to be, they just need someone to listen. Keep us posted on how she is doing!

Stuff that used to send my daughter home in tears at 14 was dismissed with a shrug of the shoulders at 17...

Ebony~ You nailed it. They change so much from 14-17! My DD took awhile to find that self-confidence that we all knew was in there, and it has been amazing to watch her step out of her shell and embrace her new life!

its not my fault I tried I lost a lot of sleep over it.

SMS~ that is a tough one! Just know that you were there and your brother messed up - not you!

Hello everyone! I have decided that until I get a decent paying job or lots more hrs that I am not getting internet hooked back up. I have more important bills to pay. I am still having LBT withdrawels something feirce! I miss you all.

:tt1: miss ya'll

G4E~ Miss you too! I bet you are having LBT withdrawals. It has been killing me to only check in 1x a day! Hey, you can always go to the library to use the computer!

[quote name=heartfire;1317115~SMS' date=' don't be sorry for panicking about the swine flu. I'm now trying to decide if DD is going to start preschool next week. She'll go 2 days then miss the next week b/c we're out of town. There is a flu epidemic at the HS, 200 students are out right now. School only has about 700! And another elementary school has a stomach flu bug going thru there too. I don't want DD to get sick right before our trip or while we're driving on the first 3 days of the trip!

It's WAY too early for flu stuff! And they don't think it's H1N1 but they're testing all the kids anyway, just in case.

[/quote]

We have a flu shot clinic for staff at our school tomorrow. This is the earliest that it has ever been given! I am just waiting for next week - all the kids germs, coughs, and sneezes! EWWW! I have Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer on my desk and they will also be next to the laptop lab for easy convenience for the kids!

Hello everyone!

PJTP: No seminar tomorrow. I finally heard from my original doc...He had some valid points. I'm finding a new doc and won't be doing a self-pay. I blogged all about it but it's boring and rambling. Earlier today, I figured I'd never get a band at all. Maybe I still won't. Having insurance issues. If this new guy doesn't work out, I'll have to give up on surgery. I may give up on LBT and FB - I really don't like the new tone. I am wondering what happened to free speech. :blushing:

Take care! TTFN.

Oh poopy! I am sure you will work this out and get your band! No way are you going away, we would miss you way too much!

As for my surgery saga, I finally got a call from the original doc. Because my insurance is Medicaid (don't judge me here...I NEVER thought I'd be disabled and on Medicaid) if I self-pay, they could drop me. I have too many other health issues to let that happen. The doc did say I was a good candidate for lap band and suggested another doc in the same hosp. It's very hard to find anyone who will accept Medicaid. I did find someone though! I'm submitting paperwork and we'll go from there.

TPG

That makes it complicated! Crossing fingers, toes, legs and eyes, that this will work out for you!

Now I can't TELL you how much I'm looking forward to having my daughter grow up and experiencing this.

What goes around comes around!:sad: Hang on!

Of course, I think girls are always nicer to their dad's and the mom's get the brunt of it!

This is why I wanted to self-pay.:ohmy: Thanks for indulging me in another rant. Aren't you glad you asked??? Really, you all are wonderful and very supportive. I wouldn't have shared this with just anyone....and I'm gonna delete it later. I'm sure you understand.

TPG

Rant any time you want, that is why we are all here, to support each other, good or bad!

Ok, so I should have been in bed 2 hours ago. I have been playing Mafia Wars and losing! WTH???

Anyway, good night everyone! I hope that everyone had an overall good day!

Hahaha, remember when you didn't want to be on FB??? Now you are addicted!!

Nighty night!

Lu~ I don't get birds, but I get mice from my dogs - damn terriers! Sounds like the kitchen will be beautiful! I know what my dream kitchen looks like, but doubt I ever get to see it! Hope you get some hotties that you can report on:biggrin:

PJTP: DD has her surgery tomorrow morning and she is cracking me up! She has never been under before and is having anxiety. Thank God for the Valium she gets to take tonight and tomorrow before surgery!

On a positive note, she was invited to a special dinner for the top 20 rowing prospects for the crew team! That is pretty exciting, considering paying for her college education is on the line!

The students were working on repainting the student store today, mind you they have to open on Tuesday! Well, they were using primer and it about made me pass out! And to top it off they are all hangin in the store and they say they can't smell anything. Contributing to the delinquincy of a minor!!

Stress with the impending start of school. Trying to keep the eating under control and NOT get on the scale and I really want to!! Breathe! I did get a run in last night, but it did not happen today! I really need it for stress relief!

Hope everyone is well and has a great day tomorrow!

Wow, and just think -- we may ALL get handled that way if you-know-who gets his way. :blushing:

I second that! Kind of scary - did you see that he is having a video conference that can be aired in classrooms next Tuesday? That will be priceless! You should see the "lesson plan" suggestions!

I second that! Kind of scary - did you see that he is having a video conference that can be aired in classrooms next Tuesday? That will be priceless! You should see the "lesson plan" suggestions!

Yep. Didn't Hitler do that? :blushing:

And TPG, just think -- the fact that this surgery didn't go through really saved you with Medicare! Had you had the surgery last week, you would have lost your coverage. See, things happen for a reason.

And TPG, just think -- the fact that this surgery didn't go through really saved you with Medicare! Had you had the surgery last week, you would have lost your coverage. See, things happen for a reason.

Yep, I knew it happened for a reason. I also was soooo very not comfortable with this surgeon and his office staff. I did address these issues when I talked to the doc today. So, I won't contact the Board of Healing Arts, but they are on notice! I really don't think your office manager should tell a patient that a doc won't treat you if you're a difficult patient. Uh, gee, sorry I questioned someone calling me at 8:15 from their own home to cancel my surgery...and the beotch didn't even apologize. Can you say HIPAA violations?? :ohmy:

So, yeah, things happen for a reason. There's even more to this story. A bit of misrepresentation... Ya know, things like that. I think I dodged a bullet. :blushing:

And ANOTHER reason I wanted to self-pay:

Downloaded the required paperwork from new doc. It's 25 pages! Then, there's a checklist that tells you how long it should take to fill out each section of paperwork. For instance, the Allergy-Recognition Self Test should take a week :blushing:. I am so not amused. How the hell do they know how long it'll take me? I am not your average bear....

Again, I say crap. This sucks. A lot. :ohmy: