Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Guurrllllll - don't you raise your keys at me like that. I'll speak of you and Lu and whoever else deserves it whenever I dang well please.

Guurrllllll - don't you raise your keys at me like that. I'll speak of you and Lu and whoever else deserves it whenever I dang well please.

personal responsibilty gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring; DH does call me MOE for a reason (master of excuses):unsure:

hello all. Just a quick update. BIL is a little better.

I will have surgery in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the update! Sounding a lot better than last night! Prayers that he continues to improve and gets outta there ASAP! (Tho that will still be awhile yet.)

Great news on your surgery! Prayers that it goes well and you have instant relief! Let us know as it gets closer. I know for me, I can't remember what I did a few days ago, let alone what is happening a couple of weeks from now! LOL!

Heading to the folks' on Saturday. I have a concert Friday night or else I might have chosen to leave sooner. Was also hanging around because went for a fill/fluro today, but I guess I'm at a sweet spot for now. No fill.

Sounds like you have a nice weekend coming up. Enjoy!!

Glad you found your sweet spot! I think I'm there too but I just need to stop eating all frickin' day!

Awesome! I think big dogs are the best! Have fun looking for a new buddy :)

I'm good, just hanging in there. I think I'm working out too much and not eating enough. I've been hungry all day and my body just simply doesn't want to workout anymore until it does some catch-up I think. LOL I'll be okay, but it's moments like this that I really have to behave. The first two weeks is always brutal.

We've wanted a newfie, like forever! DH has always liked them and when he showed me all about them, I fell in love too. I've always liked big dogs. Danes, giant Mastiffs, etc., so the newfie is right up my alley!

I'M looking but we really AREN'T looking! LOL! Now isn't really a good time. I'm going to be gone most of September and we just can't plain afford to adopt a newfie right now. The rescue place STARTS at $500 and goes up to $1000, depending on what they've had to expend on the dog. They're a non-profit so have to recoup some of their costs.

We may decide later to rescue a lab for now. Then save up and rescue a newfie later. Labs are another favorite of ours.

I know what you mean by having days where you just seem to need to eat ALL day! I did that yesterday. The sad thing is, I'm eating around my band. I eat til full, wait an hour or so, then eat again, or I'm munching on crap all day. Yeah, not good. :wub:

But I agree with Lu in that it sounds like you're way outputting more than you're inputing so you're going to have days like that.

Sweet spots are hard to find, but oh when you do...I think I alternate between being a little tight (depending on the day) and a little loose. Right now, I'm have a mildly tough time with some mini-ravioli that I ate for lunch...guess I'll do a Protein Shake for dinner!:drool:

Good for you for getting BBoss to sign off on your work! Nice CYA there! Proud of ya!!! :unsure:

I think your stress is what's happening to your band right now. That happened to me last week. Got bad stuck at lunch. DD had just thrown a HUGE hissy fit at the pool and I was wound up tighter than a clock! I've gotta watch that. If I'd had a cup of Soup, the broth would've helped and I could've eaten the soup probably with no problems but the chili rellano, did NOT want to go down and it's always been my "go to." So lesson learned for me.

He actually said that if he was to stick a needle in me, he'd probably take out just a teeny bit. And here I kept thinking I was still eating a bit too much since I never got to that "half a cracker and a shmear" stage... I really don't eat much (compared to before), but sometimes it's hard to know how much is enough. So for now, it's just a matter of scaling back a bit and seeing if it still keeps me as satiated as I am now. In other words, can I stay satieted for 4-6 hours with a titch less food...? Cuz I swear the scale has not moved in a downward trend for three frikken months. :(

I'm sorry the scale hasn't been moving. I was there a bit ago. I had to start tracking my food again. It was a real eye opener. Geez there's so much HEADSTUFF! Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to deal with all of that crap!

:wink: , yeah but so many here want that (see them freaking threads) - i'd faint & well dig my food and drink too much to go there. :wink:

Sometimes I think about it but I really do know better and in all honesty, I'd rather be able to eat. Course that's what got me in this position to begin with, my love of food, but at least I'm losing, as slow as it is.

Yeah, but "those people" aren't allowed here in the cool people thread, those of us who know better.. Unless, of course, Plain got drunk and loose-lipped with the secred knock and handshake again... :blink:

:angry: Plain needs to keep his loose lips CLOSED!!!! :angry:

:smile2::lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PJTP: So DH made it home today. Thank GOD! And I seriously mean that! He decided we should go out to lunch so we headed up to the lake. Nice.

When we got home and stopped at the mailbox, my new purse was in there! I just ordered it Thursday!! It's from REI and was on clearance for 50% off, then I got another 20% off! So it was normally a $60 bag and I got it for $24!!!! So exciting! I loved the purse I had but with my new glasses and having to wear either the readers or the sunglasses ALL the time, I now have to carry all that crap with me. ALL the time! My other purse barely held what I needed before all of that. So I found this bag for an amount that I was willing to spend right now and it came today. Okay. It's a flippin' TOTE bag! I could frickin' pack for a weekend away with this thing!! I really like it tho. And the extra room may come in handy since I'm always looking for a spot to stash something til I get home. I'm going to use it for a day or 2 and see how I like it. We'll see. It may end up so big that even with all of the pockets, stuff may still get lost in there! We'll see!

Okay, I'm thirsty and need to throw some towels in the laundry. I'll try to BBL! Have a great evening!

G4E - that is great news - any turn towards better in sepsis is a huge step - especially early on - it means their on the right track - still in prayers!

[quote=heartfire;1297641

:unsure: Plain needs to keep his loose lips CLOSED!!!! :smile2:

This might solve a lot of the country's problems - I hear what comes out of his mouth is quite infectious

:unsure::smile2: Hey isn't that the IN thing? Get the band so tight people start calling you "Salad Shooter".

:drool:

Yeah, but "those people" aren't allowed here in the cool people thread, those of us who know better.. Unless, of course, Plain got drunk and loose-lipped with the secred knock and handshake again... :wub:

:blink:

You know - I really feel sorry for those who just can't take responsibility for their own poor choices and who just can't hold their liquor.......tisk.tisk!

:angry:

KC, I WARNED you about talking about me out of turn like that. Don't make me get all ghetto on yo azz...

:angry:

:wink:

personal responsibilty gets SOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring; DH does call me MOE for a reason (master of excuses):(

:wink:

It's a flippin' TOTE bag! I could frickin' pack for a weekend away with this thing!! I really like it tho. And the extra room may come in handy since I'm always looking for a spot to stash something til I get home.

I carry a tote bag, and it did NOT take me long to fill it up. I went from the tiny little organizer purses to this HUGE tote. I love my tote now.:lol: I could never go back to a tiny purse again.

the "new purse" - DH's wallet :unsure:

DH has a tendency to lose his wallet. I cannot take any chances. I won't even hazzard a guess on how many times he has had to cancel his check card this year because he dropped it, lost it, couldn't find the wallet... You get the picture. He would leave his head behind if it wasn't attached.:smile2:

DH has a tendency to lose his wallet. I cannot take any chances. I won't even hazzard a guess on how many times he has had to cancel his check card this year because he dropped it, lost it, couldn't find the wallet... You get the picture. He would leave his head behind if it wasn't attached.:unsure:

i hate a purse - the bigger it is; the more i load up!!!

i have this coach thingy wallet/key ring ... i just need someone to hold my cherry chapstick:)

i have this coach thingy wallet/key ring ... i just need someone to hold my cherry chapstick:)

I miss those days. I now have 2 notebooks, 4 chapsticks, 5 or 6 pens, wallet, checkbook, work keys, home keys, etc... The list is staggering!

I'm sorry the scale hasn't been moving. I was there a bit ago. I had to start tracking my food again. It was a real eye opener. Geez there's so much HEADSTUFF! Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to deal with all of that crap!

I've been tracking, and I'm thinking I'm not eating enough. Many days in this past month, I didn't go over 800-900 calories. I dunno... eventually, I guess.

STOP the stalking you scary copycat texas thug. I have a coach wallety key ring thingy.

It's very important - holds some cash, driver's license and ID - slips into pocket while other side has cell and chapstick. That way if one was to overindulge at a bar (not that I ever would) you don't have to worry about leaving one's purse.

But if one doesn't leave one's purse behind, it just looks tacky when you return for a few more rounds. Much more ladylike to have "forgotten" something and then just stick around to be polite.

TPG

But if the rounds keep coming - why leave in the first place?