Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

hello all. Just a quick update. BIL is a little better. His kidneys are putting out a little more. But still in critical condition.

I will have surgery in about 2 weeks. Don't know the exact date yet. i am here at hospital with sis. Will read and update latter. Love ya'll

hello all. Just a quick update. BIL is a little better. His kidneys are putting out a little more. But still in critical condition.

I will have surgery in about 2 weeks. Don't know the exact date yet. i am here at hospital with sis. Will read and update latter. Love ya'll

G4E - that's wonderful to hear...I hope that your BIL has turned the corner and will continue to improve.

Congrats on your surgery being so close! I pray this is the solution you so richly deserve...:thumbup:

Been away since Friday night (I think it was, or I guess you could say earrrrrly Saturday morning, eh? :wub:). Haven't caught up on all, but I did see Tap's post. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, hon. I wish I could do more.

Ebony -- give 'em hell, in a measured way, of course. No more tears, k? :thumbup:

Heading to the folks' on Saturday. I have a concert Friday night or else I might have chosen to leave sooner. Was also hanging around because went for a fill/fluro today, but I guess I'm at a sweet spot for now. No fill.

PJTP: So I've been following a dog rescue site that does giant breeds. We want a Newfoundland someday. I was on there yesterday and they have THE cutest newfie puppy! Called Cinnamon and it's color is just that! SO CUTE! Hopefully he finds a good home soon. Tho where he's at is great too.

Was in such a funk this last week. Feeling a little better today. Maybe b/c I know DH is on his way home and he can take over with DD. I'm exhausted and that's part of the problem.

So I think I've caught up with everyone from the near week I was off-site.

I hope everyone has a good Monday! TTFN!

Recipe below.

Awesome! I think big dogs are the best! Have fun looking for a new buddy :blink:

Glad to hear it about your BIL, and hope he continues to get healthier every day.

Best wishes with the surgery, please let us know how you're doing.

Been away since Friday night (I think it was, or I guess you could say earrrrrly Saturday morning, eh? :wub:). Haven't caught up on all, but I did see Tap's post. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, hon. I wish I could do more.

Ebony -- give 'em hell, in a measured way, of course. No more tears, k? :thumbup:

Heading to the folks' on Saturday. I have a concert Friday night or else I might have chosen to leave sooner. Was also hanging around because went for a fill/fluro today, but I guess I'm at a sweet spot for now. No fill.

Good deal on the sweet spot! It's so hard to get to. :eek:

Everyone else, I only went to the last page to reply. If I missed you I apologize. I think we can all agree this thread is almost impossible to catch up on, especially when you're only reading posts while at work and *supposed to be* lunch hour.

Hope everyone has a splendid day, and if it's not so splendid, then I surely hope it gets better.

I'm good, just hanging in there. I think I'm working out too much and not eating enough. I've been hungry all day and my body just simply doesn't want to workout anymore until it does some catch-up I think. LOL I'll be okay, but it's moments like this that I really have to behave. The first two weeks is always brutal.

TTFN!!

PJTP...

Been away since Friday night (I think it was, or I guess you could say earrrrrly Saturday morning, eh? :eek:). Haven't caught up on all, but I did see Tap's post. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, hon. I wish I could do more.

Ebony -- give 'em hell, in a measured way, of course. No more tears, k? :wub:

Gotcha girlfriend...I'm in battle mode right now (quietly). Just completed the undefined task passed along by my mgr last week. BBoss approved the result, so it's all done. One less thing to worry about...onward and upward!:thumbup:

Sweet spots are hard to find, but oh when you do...I think I alternate between being a little tight (depending on the day) and a little loose. Right now, I'm have a mildly tough time with some mini-ravioli that I ate for lunch...guess I'll do a Protein Shake for dinner!:blink:

Sweet spots are hard to find, but oh when you do...I think I alternate between being a little tight (depending on the day) and a little loose. Right now, I'm have a mildly tough time with some mini-ravioli that I ate for lunch...guess I'll do a Protein Shake for dinner!:wub:

He actually said that if he was to stick a needle in me, he'd probably take out just a teeny bit. And here I kept thinking I was still eating a bit too much since I never got to that "half a cracker and a shmear" stage... I really don't eat much (compared to before), but sometimes it's hard to know how much is enough. So for now, it's just a matter of scaling back a bit and seeing if it still keeps me as satiated as I am now. In other words, can I stay satieted for 4-6 hours with a titch less food...? Cuz I swear the scale has not moved in a downward trend for three frikken months. :thumbup:

I think I'm working out too much and not eating enough. I've been hungry all day and my body just simply doesn't want to workout anymore until it does some catch-up I think. LOL I'll be okay, but it's moments like this that I really have to behave. The first two weeks is always brutal.

TTFN!!

diva - i have to fuel my workouts; i didn't lose when i kept my calories under 1000.

some days i feel like a PIG - but when i write it down vs what i did .... nah, not at all.

i did a spin class, 30min on stairmaster, then leg weight training today and i could have chewed someones arm off.

i've taken to drinking more milk. couldn't pay me to do that pre band, but i sorta crave it now.

SO if only KC & brandy didn't keep me up late cooking/fb'ing/drinking more wine last night - i could have had a longer wkout?)

diva - i have to fuel my workouts; i didn't lose when i kept my calories under 1000.

Yeah, I'm wondering if that was my issue this last month. Promised myself (and was about 97 percent good about it) that I would honestly track my calories in/calories out and write down what I'm eating. It was that "sneaking" stuff and not being accountable to myself a couple months back that was hurting me.

So this month the stress I experienced was at a level where I WASN'T hungry until maybe 4pm or so. I also noticed that on many days my calories in never even got as high as 1000 (800's or so) but calories expended were over 2300, so there was a huge daily deficit. And... the scale just bobbled back and forth.

why would you want to?

I don't. It's more a joke that ColoradoChick and I have made up to pertain to supermodels and their eating. :thumbup:

some days i feel like a PIG - but when i write it down vs what i did .... nah, not at all.

i did a spin class, 30min on stairmaster, then leg weight training today and i could have chewed someones arm off.

i've taken to drinking more milk. couldn't pay me to do that pre band, but i sorta crave it now.

SO if only KC & brandy didn't keep me up late cooking/fb'ing/drinking more wine last night - i could have had a longer wkout?)

Thanks for saying this! I am journaling my food with the WW and it's really not coming out to that much. I was left over with more than 40 points last week. My face is already starting to take on that gaunt "damn girl eat something" look... My body is definitely telling me Time Out! Good idea on the milk. It's such a healthy drink, I will start adding a cup at night with my little bedtime snack. The extra 11g Protein couldn't NOT help.

why would you want to?

:thumbup::wub: Hey isn't that the IN thing? Get the band so tight people start calling you "Salad Shooter".

I don't. It's more a joke that ColoradoChick and I have made up to pertain to supermodels and their eating. :thumbup:

:wub: , yeah but so many here want that (see them freaking threads) - i'd faint & well dig my food and drink too much to go there. :blink:

:wub: , yeah but so many here want that (see them freaking threads) - i'd faint & well dig my food and drink too much to go there. :blink:

Yeah, but "those people" aren't allowed here in the cool people thread, those of us who know better.. Unless, of course, Plain got drunk and loose-lipped with the secred knock and handshake again... :thumbup:

You know - I really feel sorry for those who just can't take responsibility for their own poor choices and who just can't hold their liquor.......tisk.tisk!