Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ah Slim most of probably don't have lives - we were just waiting for someone else to say it first!

Race for the Cure was soo much fun! 28,000 people - largest ever for KC.

There were several girls from work who did it with us and my dad was our pit crew - dropping us off and picking up (While wearing the 'REal Men Wear Pink' shirt I bought him)

Afterwards mom, dad and I went and had the most amazing brunch I have ever eaten

(Lu - I am so going to re-create some of the recipes)

Came home - watered all the gardens and took a NAP!:cool:

Just had a late sm. lunch and later we're walking to get gelato (for dinner :) - it's got Protein right?!)

I hope you all have had a great weekend - Maybe this week will be the one for job opportunities!!!!!

* very proud of you KC, my mom & 2 of her sisters are survivors of BC - i get the boobies checked regularly!!! & yes - LOVE to hear what you come up w/recps wise.

* slim, i have such ADD i get started on a project - then get distracted and it sits in a corner. i just got all new kitchen appliances/pots-pans/tupperware/dishes/glassware and packed up the older stuff and it's going to a shelter this wk. it's all the art work that's not been framed, DH's electronic crap, clothes, shoes that just seem to multiply. it's just the 2 of us and it's obnoxious.

* cooked:

individual puff pastry chicken pot pies - had a craving

crab cakes (froze individually)

cheviche (be ready tom)

cut up melon / veggies

so long as my kitchen is in place - i'm good:) DH is even doing laundry....sheets & towels and don't care how he folds...LOL

Thought I'd share a pic of mom and I - not the greatest but a fun remembrance.

post-235052-13813138608498_thumb.jpg

KC-you and your mom are so gorgeous! I think it is so great that you all were able to do this together. My grandmother and a cousin were both diagnosed and had surgery for BC within 2 weeks of each other. Unfortunately, they both had to have a breast removed. I get a mamo every 5 years (I had a lump a few years ago that was not cancer).

Lulu-what is cheviche? I have seen crab cakes being made on food Network, but have never attempted to make them. I think mainly because I don't think I could get enough good crab to make them.

kc - that's a great photo of your & your mom.

slim - ceviche (fish Soup? ??)

i make a strong pico (extra jalapeno/tomato/cilantro/tabasco) as my base....use white fish/crab/shrimp as my fish and mix it all together - what "cooks" this is the LIMES - lots of them, the acid breaks it down. i let sit overnight & serve w/sliced avocado.

ya know on the food thread when i say "mexican" shrimp cocktail - it's this w/out the crab & white fish.

That sounds good. What type of white fish do you use, or just any type that you happen to like/have on hand?

hello everyone. I don't remember if I had told you about my DBIL having surgery this past Mon. or not. But thing have gone down hill. This morning he asperated and it went into his lungs. He is in ICU now. They paralized him. His kidneys are shutting down his blood pressure is down and they are having trouble getting it back up. They just told us they think he has sespice? All over body infection? Help here KC. I have been here at the hospital all day since 6:30 am. The dr. said it is a very fine line. Over the last 2 yrs. he has been through so much. We almost lost him 1 1/2 yrs ago. he was in ICU for 4 months. So I love y'all and pray for him big time. His name is Carl. My sister is Connie.

Thanks guys1

That sounds good. What type of white fish do you use, or just any type that you happen to like/have on hand?

i prefer atlantic white fish - it's what i grew up on in NY.

since i'm landlocked i rely on whole foods or my farmers mkt for fish - i get what is fresh / looks good....

g4e - good thoughts going your families way!

G4E - prayers for you guys.

it's Sepsis - it can be very bad (as it sounds with what you have shared) - do they have him on a drug call Xigris (pronounced zigris) - some hospitals are not familiar with it - it is one of the premier treatments for sepsis besides identifying and treating the source of infection and pushing Fluid.< /p>

I can help with whatever questions you have. I am actually the chair for our hospital's sepsis committee. I am at your disposal.

PJTP...Hey Everybody!:)

Busy weekend at Ebony's house...finished drywall patching and taping in the master bedroom and closet, sanded previous patching, did a second round of patching, and now going to sand one last time before priming today. Hopefully I'll be able to paint next weekend while DH is out of town for a pilot's conference...

DD made a multiple-course meal for us yesterday :wub:- her "final exam" from culinary class as requested by DH. chicken croquettes (sliders - they went down really EASY), a cold strawberry Soup (made with pureed strawberries and strawberry ice cream - yum!), caesar salad, and spaghetti carbonara, with a apple-pear crumb dessert. Nothing was low-fat or low-cal, and I loved every bite I took...took an extra long walk yesterday and this morning to help make up for it... :cool: :mad:

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!:tongue:

Ebony~ I love doing remodeling work - so much fun playing with power tools! I am always putting around working on something. Just wish there was more cash to get it all done at once!

[quote name=luluc;1296635

i'm in cooking mode right now - gym' date=' market, pool - then the clouds came, which i was glad for.

* love the shapeups - STILL, especially on the stairmaster - in my mind my butt is a few inches higher:)

* house crap, we hired an "organizer" to come to our place on tsday. too much "stuff" i want gone & the rest organized - no idea how to start doing that .... so this slug hired someone.[/quote]

I am going to have to investigate the shapeups! Everyone seems to love them. I would love to have an organizer. We have so much crap laying around the house, it is crazy! I get started, but never seem to be able to finish!

I need to hire an organizer. I have trouble getting rid of my own things. I am good at getting rid of DS's things. I am good at getting rid of my own clothes, but other things not so much. I start "organizing" and get disenchanted with the entire thing. I'll get there eventually. So what did you cook, Lulu?

Slim~ I am the same way! I can get rid of somethings, but have a hard time with others. Don't know why that is!

Ah Slim most of probably don't have lives - we were just waiting for someone else to say it first!

Race for the Cure was soo much fun! 28,000 people - largest ever for KC.

There were several girls from work who did it with us and my dad was our pit crew - dropping us off and picking up (While wearing the 'REal Men Wear Pink' shirt I bought him)

Afterwards mom, dad and I went and had the most amazing brunch I have ever eaten

Came home - watered all the gardens and took a NAP!:drool:

Just had a late sm. lunch and later we're walking to get gelato (for dinner :lol: - it's got Protein right?!)

I hope you all have had a great weekend - Maybe this week will be the one for job opportunities!!!!!

KC~ yeah on the race! The picture of you and your mom is great! How fun to be able to participate with your mom!

hello everyone. I don't remember if I had told you about my DBIL having surgery this past Mon. or not. But thing have gone down hill. This morning he asperated and it went into his lungs. He is in ICU now. They paralized him. His kidneys are shutting down his blood pressure is down and they are having trouble getting it back up. They just told us they think he has sespice? All over body infection? Help here KC. I have been here at the hospital all day since 6:30 am. The dr. said it is a very fine line. Over the last 2 yrs. he has been through so much. We almost lost him 1 1/2 yrs ago. he was in ICU for 4 months. So I love y'all and pray for him big time. His name is Carl. My sister is Connie.

Thanks guys1

G4E~ You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted as to how your BIL is doing!

PJTP~ I had a great run this morning. Did 4.5 miles on the race course that I will run in Sept. It was a beautiful morning and half of the course is along the river, so it was amazing! I also had a really good time and I seem to be improving my time and endurance. The hills still kick my butt!

Came home and did some weeding and tree trimming. Trying to get things cleaned up. It seems that it is never ending - as soon as you finish it is time to start all over again!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You don't know how much it is apperciated.

G4E - prayers for you guys.

it's Sepsis - it can be very bad (as it sounds with what you have shared) - do they have him on a drug call Xigris (pronounced zigris) - some hospitals are not familiar with it - it is one of the premier treatments for sepsis besides identifying and treating the source of infection and pushing Fluid.< /p>

I can help with whatever questions you have. I am actually the chair for our hospital's sepsis committee. I am at your disposal.

Yes KC it is Sepsis. I don't know if they have him on that or not. At first when we got here this morning they said he asparated. They were worried about his Oxegyn levels because they were low 80s. Then they told us that he might have a blood clot in his lungs. Pulmunary ambulisim? After exrays they came out and was talking about all the fluid in his lungs. They finally got his O2(?) levels up but his BP dropped. The last time we were allowed to see him they told us that they were sure he has devloped Sepsis. That his BP still won't go up and his kidneys aren't producing like they should. I understood that Sepsis is bad. I have heard that term before. I just wasn't for sure how bad. I counted his IVs he has 9 not counting what is leading into his intubation for his lungs. there is another 3-4 bags there. I am trying to hold it together for my sister. I am listening to all the nurses are saying. We haven't seen a dr. since this morning. Anything you could tell us to ask I will.

Thanks soo much KC

Sorry about all the people whose relatives are having problems with serious illnesses...

I also found I hated Diet Coke after not drinking it for a while.

So, I did my birthday triathlon and I had a really good time and I finished in a really good time (for me).

I went to see the posted results and .... I was in first place for my age group! I said "no way" and then looked at the total time... it was 30 min. short. All the times were wrong. They were the combination of everything up to the run. But didn't include the run.

So I figured when they fixed them, I'd be out of first place, but I decided to enjoy it for the hour it took to post the corrected results. :cool:

Congrats Mac! Even if you are not officially 1st, you are 1st to us! Also, Happy Birthday! When is/was it?