Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Susan - are they booking you for surgery? or trying the relaxation, exercise and brace routine?

I have to wear a very annoying brace, am on anti-inflammatories and have to go to physical therapy.

I have to wear socks to bed in the winter too. Once my feet get cold, everything is cold and I am miserable.

Where the heck are those puppy pictures? lol

I have a very important question...

Have any of you been told by your insurance that it would take a month or longer for the review board to look at it and decide if you can have surgery or not and it took a lot less time. About 30 minutes ago I got off the phone with the insurance. They received my paperwork and told me it's going to the review board now...but that it would take at the LEAST a month before it will be approved or not. I told them my surgery is supposed to be in November and I don't have insurance at the end of the year anymore....and they said sorry it will take a month...

Has anyone ever had that happen and it took less time? I am going insane. My doc's office told me not to call them about insurance until October 20th. So I am supposed to go insane and cry everyday not knowing what's going on? My doc's office told me it would take 2 weeks. :D But thing is they never had anyone go through their program with my insurance...so how would they know they said they based it on everyone elses. I have a huge feeling in my gut that I went through all of this shit for nothing. I am very depressed right now.

Didn't have to deal with insurance..

LJM you mentioned having to get up a lot for bathroom, I still haven't had this but when I am awake, I have to go every 30 minutes.. and when I wake up in the morning my stomach hurts from having to go to the bathroom so much lol. (My doc said "Well, don't hold it") I don't intentionally..

I actually wet the bed until I was 12 years old, my body just would not wake up to let me know I needed to go. So I was thinking, I may end up being a bed wetter again when the pressure gets worse.. how fun would that be? I bet my husband will find it very very sexy.

Most insurance companies will say that they have 30 days to make a decision. My ins. told me that and the doctor's office said it can take up to 30 days. It just varies. I got approval the same day my paperwork was sent, but it doesn't go to a review board, it went to a nurse case manager, she called me, then approved it. All companies do it differently. Try not to stress about it.

Do you guys think it will take a month? :D

I have to wear socks to bed in the winter too. Once my feet get cold, everything is cold and I am miserable.

Where the heck are those puppy pictures? lol

after losing weight - my feet get cold easily (and hands); i wear my uggs FT around the house till i hop into bed then wedge them up against DH.:D

insurance - was told 30 days ; but surgeons office called in 3 to say denied; didn't meet criteria - went self pay.

susan pup pics attached , adding one more....

post-225434-13813137733702_thumb.jpg

post-225434-13813137733981_thumb.jpg

the 2nd puppy in that 2nd picture looks brownish red :D

the 2nd puppy in that 2nd picture looks brownish red :D

i KNOW - fingers crossed; i noticed in the pics & sunlight that the 2 boys that have a white nose have a reddish coloring. maybe dad gene did kick in.

if they end up being like dad are you going to keep one? :D

if they end up being like dad are you going to keep one? :D

i would like to, but i'm really ready to be out of the doggie day care buz. starting law school in jan, need that time for me.

Has anyone ever had that happen and it took less time?

My insurance company said it would take a month, but I had my approval within 5 days. I called the insurance company for a status everyday. I know that I got on their nerves, but so what? Don't get depressed yet.

once the paperwork is with the review who do you call and talk to i mean what do you say once you have someone on the phone I knew what to do to see if the paperwork WAS THERE but yeah lol

Leslie2Lose & Plain.. making it so people have to know either your e-mail address or last name to be your friend on myspace is VERY ANNOYING!! :sad_smile: :smile: :mad2:

Now, I clicked Plain, and I thought "Hell I don't even know his first name", but your screen name is your full name.. very clever, I can handle that.

Leslie... I wanted to add you, but I have no idea any of your personal info :D

My hands & feet are always cold since losing weight too, but.. actually I'm just always cold. In bed, I stopped sharing with DH.. we have 3 comforters now. I have 2, he has 1. I wear a sweater all the time even when it's hot out because he has a/c turned on crazy temps. in the house & car. But I can't sleep with socks on, it makes me flip out.