Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

60 degrees and you break out the coats???:cursing: I'm not making fun; I just find it odd. I was outside yesterday in capris and flipflops with my hoodie on and it was fine to me...at 63 degrees.

I'm from Chicago and I love winter, so the cold doesn't bother me. If I had to choose between being cold all the time or warm all the time, I'd rather be cold (but there has to be snow on the ground!).

PJTP: 6 more days till the seminar! *HAPPY DANCE* I really hope I don't have problems with the people, cause if I do there is going to be trouble:fish:

I've never been to Chicago! I would love to go, though. I had a good friend who was living there, but never got around to visiting her.

I saw on tv there's a fast food joint where the lady insults you. I would like to go there. (I'm sick...what can I say?)

I'm from Chicago and I love winter, so the cold doesn't bother me. If I had to choose between being cold all the time or warm all the time, I'd rather be cold (but there has to be snow on the ground!).

PJTP: 6 more days till the seminar! *HAPPY DANCE* I really hope I don't have problems with the people, cause if I do there is going to be trouble:fish:

ahhhh.. Chicago... i was supposed to go to Chicago in a few weeks for the marathon ... baby had other ideas though...

good luck with the seminar! :cursing:

Kat, that is awful about your debit card. I hope it is a Visa backed one that covers the charges due to identity theft.

It is going to be about 90 here today. But, we are expecting a cool down in the next couple of days, only 79 to 80. And yes, at about 70 I start getting cold.

I got a letter in the mail the other day -- some laptop at some other company was stolen and it had private data about employees of our company. Yikes! They gave us a free membership to some ID theft program which hopefully Mr Mac actually filled out the paperwork on.

The high today here in WV is supposed to be 63...I am freaking cold lol. Fall is finally here I'd say. 90s last week to 60s and 70s this week. One night it's supposed to get down to 31 degrees...that's winter weather not fall!!

As for deep fried candy bars I don't think they look too yummy lol

300px-Deep-fried_mars_bars.JPG

Ew...okay...that picture just doesn't do it justice.

They are way too yummy.

Like funnel cake, only with a gooey center.

. Anything below 60 is officially cold. It's such a Texas thing, I think.

Not just Texas. I had a business trip to Atlanta in Feb one year, and had a car rented. When I picked up the car at the airport, it had snow tires on it. Meanwhile I was peeling off my layers of down coat, scarf, gloves, and boots because it felt like spring. Really, snow tires in Atlanta in Feb???.

This thread grows faster than a tapeworm, truly.:cursing:

Well THAT'S a disgusting mental image while I'm chew chew chewing my lentil soup!

If I had to choose between being cold all the time or warm all the time, I'd rather be cold (but there has to be snow on the ground!).

No siree. I've had snow enough for multiple lifetimes. I have worn out many pairs of mittens every winter, I hate the stinky boots, itchy wool etc.

As for deep fried candy bars I don't think they look too yummy lol

300px-Deep-fried_mars_bars.JPG

EWWWW! Ick.

Chicago, Chicago...anyone else singing along with me?

I was raised in Chicago. Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. I moved here because I never wanted to see snow again.

It's supposed to rain for the next week. At least you don' t have to shovel rain though.

It's usually in the 50's here all winter and the 60's here all summer.

I think my doctor uses the same post-op diet for everyone. It's divided to three phases but the 3rd one is "normal food" so I'm not sure that counts. :)

Phase 1: Thin liquids. This is everything most docs allow on Clear Liquids plus things like skim milk and Protein drinks. It does not include some of the stuff that are on a "full" liquid diet like oatmeal.

It lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Phase 2: Softs. This is everything on fulls that isn't allowed in phase 1, plus everything allowed in other doctor's mushy, pureed, soft, etc. phases. We add one new food a day just like you do for a baby starting with the softest and moving up. They also recommend blending anything you aren't sure is soft enough. If it can fit through a straw, it's okay here.

Softs are the first meals. At this point, we are supposed to be eating these 3 times a day as meals and not grazing on them. Thin liquids are used throughout the day still.

This phase is also listed as 2-3 weeks. However, it says some people stay in this phase as long as several months.

I'm still on thin liquids and, while I'm not hungry, I would kill for some scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. I daydream about them. :)

Thanks! Sounds manageable. I don't blame you on the eggs!! Love em!

Ya know, I was just sitting here thinking I am getting hungry, then I saw those nasty pictures Froggi posted and now, not so hungry anymore.

16_15_14.gifPain, I think it is a southern thing when it gets to 60 degrees out and people break out the heavey down filled coats and scarves! They do it here in Alabama also.LOL. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. But here in Bama you have almost fall, winter, almost sping and summer. So instead of 4 seasons we have 3. (if you add almost spring and fall it = 1 season. so 2 +1=3):)

Hey, we're in the same town! I was going to say our weather is great right now, it's even on the chilly side today.. I guess that's me you're talking about, I have a sweater on today :)

Oh and yup, I'd eat that. That looks nummy.. the fried candy bars.

Little fried turds of yummy goodness.

I've heard about this, from up north.. fried cheese curds.. which I think sound yummy too..

There is a little local hamburger joint in a connecting city, they deep fry hamburgers. My dad took me once, it wasn't anything like I thought it would be.. I gave it 2 thumbs down.

Edited by FairyFacade

Laura the cheese curds I have had were wonderful, even if the name makes them sound doubtful. They are made on the same idea as mozzerella cheese sticks but they are made from white cheddar, which ends up much creamier when hot than mozz.

The A&W drive in we have here in town actually does a half way decent version of them--------come on twist my arm, I'll eat 'em!!!! LOL

Susan, my debit is backed by MasterCard, which is not sounding like a great thing. The bank said it is about a 50/50 chance of them finding in my favor on the dispute. I did the police report and the formal dispute today---they were really nice, but not really hopeful. According to the way it looks they are claiming it is a signature transaction----so if I am agreeing to charges in my home town and at the same time there are charges being done in India----how am I 2 places at once??? I will go with an attorney if need be, I'd rather give him my damn money than just let the company think I am gonna let them off! Might be a good thing to have the legal flex through DH's work!

BUT......so far October is better than September was!!! No one took any $$$$ today. Oh yeah, closed the card!!! Only MY card was accessed, not the checking account, and nothing with DH's card----just mine. Figures doesn't it!!! LOL

Kat

Pain, I think it is a southern thing when it gets to 60 degrees out and people break out the heavey down filled coats and scarves! They do it here in Alabama also.LOL. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. But here in Bama you have almost fall, winter, almost sping and summer. So instead of 4 seasons we have 3. (if you add almost spring and fall it = 1 season. so 2 +1=3):( sig.jsp?pc=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

I so can't help myself. Gone called Plain "Pain"! Buwahahahaha!! I love great typos!