Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I'm sitting here, bored out of my SKULL at work, and just logged in to read one of my favorite threads...THIS ONE! :thumbdown:

Now I'm sitting here madly giggling at all of your funny responses, and I just had to log in and tell you all how happy and silly you made me this afternoon...:thumbup::lol::crying::lol:

Leaving work in about 10 minutes - brisk walk to the train station, then an a**-kicking workout at the gym...maybe I should say a**-losing workout?

Have a great night, everybody!

BBK - hang in there, darlin' - you are an inspiration, and I KNOW you'll get those pounds off quickly!

Plain - you are too cute!

Leslie - I like salty-savory too!

MacM - I love your posts...

Luluc - you definately inspire me in the gym...

Rhondalou - Love your energy! Send me some...:cursing:

Last Spring in TX, Laura (FairyFacade) and I had agreed, if we found the chicken fried bacon, or the chocolate dipped bacon, we were SOOOOO trying it. But alas, we did not come across anywhere making it......

Well went to the ballpark last night, and sat down, let the busy bodies get settled in, and then I got up walked right past them into the dugout. I asl Bill if I could speak to he and Brett for a second, he looked kinda puzzled but they come to the door---which of course attracted attention EVERYWHERE from the dugout to the stands! I told them I wanted to touch base with them before speaking with their wives---that by now several people had informed me that they thought the bruises on my arms were needle tracks and that they had been conducive to my weight loss, when in reality I just got out of the hospital as I thought they knew from major surgery. They acknowledged that they knew. He even told me his wife and his sister were total gossips and could be real bitches! Before the conversation got much further, here come the wives, me talking to them is a big NO NO!! So I told them I was glad they were there I thought we had some things to clear up. I told them I had been told that they believed my weight loss to be credited to drugs, that they thought the marks on my arms were thanks to drugs. They denied it right off the bat! I just stared them down, and I went on to tell them I had just had surgery, and due to dehydration I had blown several IV's but that I do not now nor have I ever used drugs. That rumors such as this can really devastate a persons life, or even my husbands job, since this IS a work related ball team. They are still butting in to deny it. One of the guys told his wife she let her mouth overload her ass!!!

Then I did something really mean, and I should not have....but did! One of the women Sam (antha) is overweight----probably not even to obese, if so barely----but heavier than she wants to be, it is obvious by the way she dresses etc.

So I told her, actually I had lost my weight thanks to a lap band, that is was great, and if she was interested I could give her links to some great informational sites (gonna send her to OH!!), or answer any questions! She was so mad she was almost shaking! She did not blush, but her ears turned almost purple!!

I thought when I said that my DH was going to fall off the bench he was sitting on!!!

So today I got a balloon bouquet from the office staff ---one of which is DH's secretary and the procurement clerk, both of whom told me what was said. They sent balloons with a card that said I was their hero!! LOL

It felt sooooo good not to just take their crap though!

I know better than to hope it ends here, but their DH's were embarassed and mad! One of them went over and face to face apologized to my DH for the crap his wife started. Thought he probably had a rough night with a pissy wife!! LOL

Just wanted to update ya!!

Kat

i dont want plain anything...

Ouch, baby.....very ouch...

I want a hamburger...Watched "How I Met Your Mother" last night and my friend, DH and I were practically drooling by the end of it.

Funniest show on network TV. "Dudes shall not make eye contact during a devil's threeway"

Hey Plain, wanna dance? :purplebananna:a request that would make any man shudder.

Hells Yeah!! I can do the robot and the charleston... your pick

Ha! Got ya fooled...

Kat, way to put those women in their place, I love it!!!

My buddy, Ebony, we give Plain grief in this thread. No being nice to him, pls!

Kat - girl, I am so proud of you that I could just hug you!!! Great job!

Tippity Tappity - you don't do chocolate? ?? My god, I wish I didn't! I'd say the fat on both legs is directly attributable to chocolate!

Never had a deep fried twinkie; don't plan to start now! I like enough fattening stuff w/o trying something new. I haven't had a twinkie since college, I'd bet.

cheese - I love cheeeeeeese! Unfortunately I don't like veggies so much. Hopefully my tastebuds will change after surgery. Love fruits tho (and no, I don't mean Plain!!) :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, I felt pretty good about it all!

Today went to crap! Someone accessed my debit card, and has massively charged on my account, out of New Delhi India. I have to file a police report tomorrow---I have a feeling the headache has just begun.

I have actually very few veggies I really like. And most of them I only like raw. I loved to eat the chips and crackers and cheese and all that junk.....that was my downfall. Then I needed brownies for dessert---of course! Which did not help! But without a doubt my biggest issue pre band was potatoes and pasta----all the starchy things I very seldom eat anymore, they fill me up so fast they are simply not worth the effort to eat them!!!

SNT, your fruit comment to Plain had me spewing Water all over my keyboard! Hey pre band it would have been Dr. Pepper!!! LOL

Kat

Oh man, Kat, I am sooooo incredibly sorry about your debit card. I hope that drama is handled quickly and easily.

"all the starchy things I very seldom eat anymore, they fill me up so fast they are simply not worth the effort to eat them!!!" I so hope the same thing happens to me when I get banded; yippee!

And thx for laughing...esp at Plain's expense! :thumbup:

Yeah I'm not ashamed, if I find deep fried or chocolate covered bacon.. I will be trying it!

I would pass on twinkies, think they're disgusting before you do anything extra to it.

I may try a deep fried snickers or oreo too, depends on what that actually looks like.

I am a southern gal though! :thumbup:

I am too - I like way too much "brown" food, unfortunately!

I love Snickers but don't wanna ruin it by frying it. I eat Snickers in my completely almost-OCD way, tyvm!

Oh get this! Today my boss' boss said we could work from home through the gas crisis. We're thinking this week and all the next. Welp, the next week is my surgery date so I will only be working at the office a very few days in October! Woohoo!

I can not believe they fry twinkies.

Go Kat Go! ( Sorry about your card. :thumbup: )

Mac, how long is your post op diet... and how many phases?

I think my doctor uses the same post-op diet for everyone. It's divided to three phases but the 3rd one is "normal food" so I'm not sure that counts. :thumbup:

Phase 1: Thin liquids. This is everything most docs allow on Clear Liquids plus things like skim milk and Protein Drinks. It does not include some of the stuff that are on a "full" liquid diet like oatmeal.< /p>

It lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Phase 2: Softs. This is everything on fulls that isn't allowed in phase 1, plus everything allowed in other doctor's mushy, pureed, soft, etc. phases. We add one new food a day just like you do for a baby starting with the softest and moving up. They also recommend blending anything you aren't sure is soft enough. If it can fit through a straw, it's okay here.

Softs are the first meals. At this point, we are supposed to be eating these 3 times a day as meals and not grazing on them. Thin liquids are used throughout the day still.

This phase is also listed as 2-3 weeks. However, it says some people stay in this phase as long as several months.

I'm still on thin liquids and, while I'm not hungry, I would kill for some scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. I daydream about them. :drool: