Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I hate it when people casually put in their ticker they are having a baby!! There should be nothing casual about that!!

CONGRATULATIONS Loosing! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt1::tt1::lol::tt1::)

thanks BBK... :tt1:

its still early, but i'm hopefully he (no, we dont know i just dont like calling the bean "it") will stick... :)

and i DID post ... on the pregnancy forum :tt1:

Congrats, LJM, but I think I already posted that before, but it is very exciting.

Ok, this is driving me nuts, who is a "guest"? I am obviously missing something here.

I have the hiccups and they hurt. :biggrin:

thanks BBK... :cool2:

its still early, but i'm hopefully he (no, we dont know i just dont like calling the bean "it") will stick... :tt2:

and i DID post ... on the pregnancy forum :)

Well since I don't go to THAT thread I had no idea! I have no desire to be preggers for the record! lol...:biggrin:

I'm posting to say I think I hate cats.

Or, rather, I hate living with cats.

I'm posting to say this post amused me but I'm not sure why! :biggrin:

Oh and CONGRATS, Losin!!!!! Very exciting news!

I went to the Realize band site and made the mistake of sending a post asking why you can't get real information and have to go through dozens of posts talking about politics or other personal info - I got blasted by about 30 people really angry about it - it just seems like if you want to send that stuff to a group of people you met on a WLS web-site you could exchange personal emails and not put on the nationwide site - this lap band forum is so much better than the realize one. Thanks!

Glad we can accommodate you Ranger! We have a lot of fun here.

There is probably not anything you could ask about regarding banding that one/many of us will have the answer to. You might get a lot of varied opinions, but we are always glad to help!

Ranger & Denise-

I'm pre-banded. My doctor has begun putting in Realize bands and I know nothing about pros and cons of either. Ranger-have you found any information? When I search on "realize" on here, I get a lot of posts where folks have used the word and are not talking about the brand!

I too am very thankful for this informational website. I've become rather addicted to it!

Thanks for the reply - there are some really angry people on the Realize Band forum - literally verbally attacked me like I had insulted them personally - this is much better - I read somewhere about a girdle type garment you can wear during healing - maybe it reduces swelling or Fluid retention - do you know what I am talking about? I have so much swelling especially around the port area that it is very depressing - I actually feel much heavier and bloated 10 days post-op. Thanks.

I have the Realize Band - the reasons I chose are: newest band, one doctor me and my husband went to for our original consultations ONLY uses it - it is not hard plastic like the Lap Band it is more flexible - it only comes in one size, the port is flatter sort of like the difference between a stack of half dollars as opposed to a stack of quarters - the Realize band does not need stitching in - it has it's own system that sticks out and adheres to the muscle so no stitches - it has less chance of flipping and the band itself has less chance of slippage - it is less restrictive because it is slightly more flexible around the stomach - I did a lot of research on it and chose the Realize Band for reasons above but also you get a Patient ID number that you can go onto RealizeBand.com and register - only people who have had the surgery get one and it has all kinds of great support - a diary, all kinds of things to help.

I really don't know what the difference is between the Realize band and the band I have other than mine holds 4cc's max and the Realize band holds much more saline.

I am sure you will be feeling better soon Ranger. If you are at 10 days post op, you should start feeling better. I have heard that GasX helps.

I have the Realize Band and it holds 10 CC's. It only comes in one size.

That's great news LJM!!! Congrats, and I wish you, baby, Hubby and family all the best! :biggrin: