Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP: I had too much stress when I went into school today. So not ready for summer to end!!! I need to wrap my head around work and get in and get busy - trying not to eat when I feel this way. I did have a scoop of ice cream tonight - now I need to get over it and move on. Ice cream is deadly for me, absolutely love the stuff.:frown:

Soooo with ya there, kr!

Hi kids! How's everyone this evening? I have news: The pre-op diet is over. I'm not having surgery on Thurs. There are some issues with my doc's office. The kind that require my attorney and the Board of Healing Arts :thumbup:. I'll give more details as I can but I gotta get the ducks in a row first. I'm really upset and disappointed and furious.

Gah, feel for ya. As Lulu said, it's definitely for the best. You don't want some crapweasel doing your surgery!

Well, I have gall stones and will have to have my gall bladder removed. My band doc could do the surgery, but probably not until the end of September, and would not do a band replacement at the same time (according to his nurse - he's in Paris until next week). Waiting to hear from the doc on the referral to her choice of surgeons.

The good news is that I feel SO much better -- no pain!! Yesterday was my first OTC med free day -- here's to another!!

Good luck with the surgery; glad you're feeling better!

I am contemplating the 5 shakes a day get to 113 diet!

LOL Tacky!

Not me.......

Just sayin I need to lose weight.

Cough

**edited to add: Holy crap! I randomly tried to come up with a suitably pervy fake email addy to put here. Imagine my surprise when it was a real address!!! I mean, I really tried to go over the top, and some weird bastard actually has that email. People scare me.

There are men tackier than you are, Plain? Shocking! :crying:

I think I'm becoming a shopaholic :thumbup:. After all these years of shopping being a nightmare experience that always ended with me standing in the middle of a shopping centre, clutching a bunch of notes and tears running down my face, I am finally enjoying the experience! I can't express how different it feels to walk into a store and see lots of cute stuff, try it on and have it FIT and even actually LOOK GOOD!! I can't help myself when that happens - I have to buy it! I have SOOOOO blown my clothes shopping budget for the rest of the year!

PJTP...Back again! :thumbup:

No news yet, Ebony? :w00t:

No joy on the job front...did get a rejection letter from one of the others I applied for, but since I didn't get called for an interview with them, it's not really a surprise. Going to call my contact tomorrow to see what's up...

Gah, feel for ya. As Lulu said, it's definitely for the best. You don't want some crapweasel doing your surgery!

Can I just say how I LOVE the word 'crapweasel'? SickNTired - that is the best!:frown:

I think I'm becoming a shopaholic :w00t:. After all these years of shopping being a nightmare experience that always ended with me standing in the middle of a shopping centre, clutching a bunch of notes and tears running down my face, I am finally enjoying the experience! I can't express how different it feels to walk into a store and see lots of cute stuff, try it on and have it FIT and even actually LOOK GOOD!! I can't help myself when that happens - I have to buy it! I have SOOOOO blown my clothes shopping budget for the rest of the year!

I hear ya, Fanny! I am really LOVING having to replace my clothes every few weeks - I could shop all day, every day and really not get tired of it. Of course, my budget can't stand that, so...

I may get a few of the things I bought recently altered. My figure is changing in funny ways - dresses look better than most skirts on me now, and jackets are getting hard to wear because they are all too big, but they take so much WORK to alter that it's almost not worth it...

Oh well - happy problems to have!:crying:

I like fruit dipped in chocolate....yummm.....

Working on my sonic kids meal right now w/apples and caramel. And milk. I feel 4 years old.

I would kill to be 4 again! No problems, no responsibilities, ahhh, the bliss of childhood!

Even with toys, or non-edible things....you always ask the 'rents first!

She was notorious for finding drinks people had left on the ground outside a building and grabbing them to take a swig. :thumbup:

But yes, I would definitely be talking to somebody around there. Nobody should EVER give a child something without checking with the parents. What if she had a life-threatening allergy?? That lady could have killed her.

Edit: Sorry, I know this sounds like it's judging you, and I swear that was not my intent. :crying:

I agree with both of you; people should not be giving anything to a child without asking the parental units before handing it over!

Beth~ ewww! Drinking from bottles of unknown origin! OMG I would gag. Of course my DD is a germaphobe (sp) not so much when she was little, but since she was about 8 or so, won't use public bathrooms, hates touching doors, etc. This is a good thing, but it can be taken too far!!! ARGH!

i think i ate popcorn while running w/scissors @ 4....:thumbup: KIDDING, well not sure - but it sounds like me.

*****non parent comment - so you ya'll can kill me later*****

if your w/DD while she eats the popcorn i see nothing wrong w/it - same as an apple/watermelon seeds....???

restricting this one food group to her is like telling us we can never have a chip again - we want it that more.

back to my dogs who let me lecture them ALL day long w/out issue:tongue2:

You would!:crying:

You ever give a dog popcorn? :crying:

Holy moly, my husband did one time and I can tell ya, the way it shot through that dog, he never did again. LOL Crap was on the walls halfway up, on the ceiling, all over the floor... hubby about puked cleaning it up. Serves him right. :thumbup:

he's probably sneaked some, like he did dragging the turkey day bird off the counter & having a party while us humans were outside swimming.

i try not to give human food - but 2 of mine are trash cans.

Every dog we have ever owned have been scavengers.

We had a golden growing up named 'RED' and he was so bad that to try and teach him a lesson - my sister baked a batch of Cookies loaded with hot chili peppers, cayenne and jalapenos and left them stacked on a plate on the counter. No shock when we came home - they were all gone and Red just sat there looking at us like ----that all you got?

Red and another dog (my moms little bichon) also proceeded to eat an entire 8 lb solid chocolate 'smoked salmon' - that my now BIL had purchased as a gift - they survived without apparent effects - other than my sister and I losing a couple years off our lives thinking they were going to die.

I have one rescue dog that is a garbage hound! She will break into anything to get food. We have pictures of her with boxes on her head running around the house.

Now my male jack is starting to go for the garbage can in the kitchen. I have come home twice with garbage from one end of the house to the other.

I think he and the grabage hound tag team on it! She hits the lid lever and he jumps up and drags out the food. They are pretty smart, hmmm!

Thanks Ebony - tho I can't take credit for it. An editor friend came up with "crapweasel." My unflattering term for somebody (usually male) is usually "fart blossom." 0:-)

My favorite sayings are:

- s/he's dumber than a box of hair

- his/her teeth are so bucked that they can eat corn thru a fence (I actually got a co-worker to spit soda once with this one!)

- I'm sweatin' like a whore in church

That's all I can think of for now. :-D

PJTP...Ebony's Evening Edition!

Hi y'all! Got home a little later than usual (had to sign some papers at the attorney's office for my church) so went to Dairy Queen for dinner. Got a kid's meal - a cheeseburger (only ate half - Buns are tough for me); applesauce (yum) and a small soda (watered it down) plus a kid-size vanilla cone.

I'm good to go - and 6 months ago, that would have been a snack and I'd have been looking for more! I :crying: my band!

I have two pair - both Nike.

I was so craving a soft serve cone as I scrolled down to your post! Weird! Okay, that was a random thought, but I just had to share.:thumbup:

Absolutely love Nike, they have always fit my feet so well. I was really surprised when I got my Mizuno trail shoes, I never wear Mizuno, but I love them.

....like when clearly the post has no relevance or adds no value to the OP's question or concern.

Like this:

OP Question: I am having trouble finding a good fish recipe I like...can anyone help?

Response: I hate fish! Fish makes me gag!

Can someone explain the purpose of this? I mean, if you don't like fish, then why dont you just move on to the next thread? Who really cares what makes you gag or not gag???? I know I don't.

Terri - I cooked some Maui Maui on the grill. I mixed up some olive oil, chopped up rosemary a little grounded salt and pepper. I brushed that on top of the fish and then put it in some foil and cooked it until it was tender. It was really good. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Thanks Ebony - tho I can't take credit for it. An editor friend came up with "crapweasel." My unflattering term for somebody (usually male) is usually "fart blossom." 0:-)

My favorite sayings are:

- his/her teeth are so bucked that they can eat corn thru a fence (I actually got a co-worker to spit soda once with this one!)

:thumbup::lol::crying:

Terri - I cooked some Maui Maui on the grill. I mixed up some olive oil, chopped up rosemary a little grounded salt and pepper. I brushed that on top of the fish and then put it in some foil and cooked it until it was tender. It was really good. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Too funny! :crying:

Who would have thought I would like going to the gym? This is my first week though

WHOO HOO!

Good evening folks! How is everyone doing?

Thanks, Slim! It's an actual pic of DH's fire engine at the lake during DD's b-day party!

Acutally I didn't even know about it until after the fact. :crying:

:frown: Better after than FINDING IT!!!

Got a kid's meal - a cheeseburger (only ate half - Buns are tough for me); applesauce (yum) and a small soda (watered it down) plus a kid-size vanilla cone.

Yumm!

I think I'm becoming a shopaholic :w00t:. After all these years of shopping being a nightmare experience that always ended with me standing in the middle of a shopping centre, clutching a bunch of notes and tears running down my face, I am finally enjoying the experience! I can't express how different it feels to walk into a store and see lots of cute stuff, try it on and have it FIT and even actually LOOK GOOD!! I can't help myself when that happens - I have to buy it! I have SOOOOO blown my clothes shopping budget for the rest of the year!

Fanny I SOOOOO want to go shopping with you! I love your style and your use of patterns, which scares me but I know you'd be able to help me get over that! I think I've told you this before but I'm repeating it. If I ever can get down your way, I want us to go shopping!! Forget the sightseeing! LOL!

I agree with both of you; people should not be giving anything to a child without asking the parental units before handing it over!

Beth~ ewww! Drinking from bottles of unknown origin! OMG I would gag. Of course my DD is a germaphobe (sp) not so much when she was little, but since she was about 8 or so, won't use public bathrooms, hates touching doors, etc. This is a good thing, but it can be taken too far!!! ARGH!

Two ends of the extreme! Amazing things, these kids!

I have one rescue dog that is a garbage hound! She will break into anything to get food. We have pictures of her with boxes on her head running around the house.

Now my male jack is starting to go for the garbage can in the kitchen. I have come home twice with garbage from one end of the house to the other.

I think he and the grabage hound tag team on it! She hits the lid lever and he jumps up and drags out the food. They are pretty smart, hmmm!

LOL!

Tho I'm pretty sure you don't think it's funny til MUCH later! :thumbup:

My favorite sayings are:

LOL!!

How many calories in a crapweasel? And will it get stuck in my band (if I had one :thumbup:)?

Nikes - love 'em. LOVE eBay....get Nikes mucho cheapo on eBay. I have a great pair that are pink and silver. :crying:

PJTP: Fish makes me gag.