Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Lulu - definitely not too early for anything that just might bring a smile to your face! and hells yeah you've worked hard - love the avatar although secretly hate how perfect your arms look. :) I'm sure I could find more dogs that would love to take the place of the goats - don't tempt me!

Ebony - yeah on the NSV - forget the comments! I guess thats the plus for not having a husband yet.

Hey y'all!

*Lu, I am so sorry about your dog. Okay, DH's dog but still... I'm really sorry. I know what it's like and it sucks big donkey dick!

What ever you do, DO NOT take the Peacocks!!! They are noisy and messy and noisy and messy. Trust me, you will end up shooting them in the end out of self-defense!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!

Stick with dogs and horses.

*Ebony, I'm praying hard for you girlfriend! Best wishes for today and tomorrow.

Ignore DH.

Congrats on your skirt falling off! LOL! I put on a skirt that I love, for church yesterday, the ONLY reason it didn't fall of is b/c of my hips. I love this skirt so I'm going to have to see if it can be re-worked with more elastic or something so I can wear for while longer.

*Susan, Tap decided she needed a break. We miss her!!!

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAT!!! ;)

PJTP: Kinda had a sucky weekend. So just stayed away. Doing better today. DH is out of county right now. Had to drive up to the Shasta fire (6hrs away) yesterday to relieve someone for vacation. Looks like they're getting de-mob'd off the fire but we got several more that they're worried about so I imagine he'll get sent to another one today. HE'S got vacation Labor Day weekend so he'll be home on the 30th at the latest. Tonight at the earliest. That time of year again!

Off to the grocery store this afternoon and the office to get my work for the week.

BBL

Edited by heartfire

OH AND LU, IT'S NEARLY NOON, MY TIME, SO DRINK AWAY! LOL!!!

Sorry, my all caps button was on and I'm not re-typing it! ;)

Ebony-good luck at the interviews!

Luluc-love the new avi, the haters can kiss ass!

Happy Birthday Kat!

Heartfire-I will your DH and all of the firemen in my thoughts. I think your husband is awesome for being a fireman!

KC, thanks for the mojito recipe. Sounds yummy. And sounds clear-liquidy for my clears phase. Right? :blink:

Clear liquid - yeah, sounds about right!:tt2:

Lulu, like the new avatar and glad you're back. ;)

I totally agree - can I have your arms!!! Damn, you look good!

They do NOT know about the surgery and I have no plans to share. So, not eating will be tricky. I'll just stay busy "checking" on things and waiting on people. I'm sure it'll be fine. Unless I develop "lack of choc syndrome" and attack that fountain like a lion on a carcass. Hey, don't judge me! I'll eat plenty of fruit with it :tt2:.

Just keep busy and moving and nobody will notice! Move away from the chocolate fountain, slowly, back up nice and slow. . .

To those of you going back to work tomorrow...sorry. It is nice to work at home. I have to get myself going on that soon too. I play all summer and then kill myself making jewelry and handbags for all my fall shows. I work best under pressure but I'd really rather just hang out in the pool until we get our first snow.

I like teaching because I do get a chunk of time to spend at home with the kids, dogs and horsie! It is always tough going back in the fall. I love my shorts, t's, tanks and flip flops! I hate "real" clothes.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Have a great Monday!

TTFN,

TPG

PJTP...Hi Everyone!

I hear all y'all that don't want to go to work...I have that feeling a couple of days a week, but not today, 'cause I have an interview this afternoon. Please send good joo-joo, mojo, and whatever else ya got this way...interview today and tomorrow with the same department - hoping to be their newest staff person very soon! :w00t:

I hope you rocked that interview!

Krtork - thanks for the compliment regarding the Couch-2-5k and the house work - I'm enjoying the running and the house is a definate labor of love...

Your welcome.

TPG - sounds like you have a good plan to prep for your upcoming surgery. I wish you all good luck and an easy recovery.

+1

Nearly spoiled my NSV...but I'm not gonna let it. I'm going to exchange the skirt for a 14W (Yay me!) and hang onto the jacket for a bit longer to see how it looks with a better-fitting skirt. And if I like the jacket and skirt together, to HE** with what HE says!

Yeah on the NSV, boo on the DH. Sometimes they are so insensitive.

morning all~

*kc, i have 2 goats that i have no idea what to do w/them other than let them roam & eat the grass. my neighbor said he'd take them off my hands and i just might let him have them....he wanted to trade for some peacocks - but i just wanna deal w/the dogs i have at the moment & the old man horse.

No goats, no peacocks - yeah, that sounds good! Except the goats eat the weeds - hmmm.

*watermelon mojito - too early to go get the ingredients and sit by the pool all day sipping??????????? i am serious:sneaky:

Never too early! Enjoy!

*changed my avi - cause i've worked very hard over the last 2yrs & so there...:blink:

Comment above!

*happy monday - off to get watermelon:ohmy:

Hey y'all!

What ever you do, DO NOT take the Peacocks!!! They are noisy and messy and noisy and messy. Trust me, you will end up shooting them in the end out of self-defense!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!

+1

Stick with dogs and horses.

The only way to go!

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAT!!! :party:

PJTP: Kinda had a sucky weekend. So just stayed away. Doing better today. DH is out of county right now. Had to drive up to the Shasta fire (6hrs away) yesterday to relieve someone for vacation. Looks like they're getting de-mob'd off the fire but we got several more that they're worried about so I imagine he'll get sent to another one today. HE'S got vacation Labor Day weekend so he'll be home on the 30th at the latest. Tonight at the earliest. That time of year again!

Off to the grocery store this afternoon and the office to get my work for the week.

Glad you are feeling better! That has to be hard not knowing when DH is going to be home or how long he will be gone! Ah, fire season. Knock on wood, it has been pretty mild up here so far! I know that fire in Shasta is large, we are getting smoke from it when the wind shifts.

BBL

Kat~ Happy B-Day!! Hope you have a fantabulous day!

G4E~ hope the testing went well today!

PJTP: Oh man am I sore today! I think it is a rest day!

I did get up and go help with volleyball camp registration - I have been the team manager for the past three years, having a hard time letting go. Kind of weird how your children's sports/interests can define who or what you do. "Hi, I am Taylor's mom, yeah, the 6' middle." Nope, no name for me, just "Taylor's mom". Of course I am also "Tanner's mom", but that gets complicated, the silly kid plays three sports!

Oh well, Taylor's and Tanner's mom (grammar??)is off to play with the puppies :thumbup:and move irrigation:thumbdown:!

KAT - HAPPY BDAY!

HEARTFIRE - Thinking of your hubby - Love the firemen! Prayers for safety!

Krtork - I've meant to tell you - whenever I see your posts it makes me smile because I see the Bend Oregon and I have family that live in Salem and it makes me smile to think of them - have a wonderful day!

Lulu - how many mojitos have you had already? Watching grill it w/ bobby flay while I get ready for work (dvr'd from yest) and they're making good food and drink -also saw a good drink on yesterday's guy's big bite - ? - orange G? love me some new drinks!

Ok here's one of the drink recipes from the grill it show:

Ju-Lito (hoolito) - cross between a mojito and mint julep (got to love it!)

Ingredients

4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice

4 ounces simple Syrup (equal amounts sugar and Water, heated until sugar dissolves; cooled)

4 to 5 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped

6 ounces whiskey (recommended: Jack Daniels Black)

Crushed ice

Sparkling water

Directions

In a cocktail shaker combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, mint and crushed ice, and shake vigorously. Add the whiskey and shake briefly to blend. Pour into a highball glass and top with sparkling water, adding more ice as needed.

Edited by kcmagu

Ok I promise - I really am not obsessed with alcohol - but here is the drink recipe from yesterday - had the name all wrong:

Ginger O

Ingredients

2 (1 1/2 by 1-inch) slices fresh ginger, plus slices for garnish

1 slice orange

Ice

3/4-ounce rum

3/4-ounce orange-flavored rum

2 ounces pomegranate juice

1-ounce fresh lime juice

1-ounce simple Syrup (equal amounts sugar and Water heated until sugar dissolves; cool)

Splash soda water

Directions

Muddle the ginger and the orange in a glass with some ice. Add the remaining ingredients and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with ginger slices and serve.

I think everybody should try this and the Joolito from above and decide which they like better - ok go!

Ginger O sounds tasty! No way I'm trying the other one. Made myself very sick very many times with whiskey. Never again :w00t:...can't even stand the smell. Don't even look at bottles in the store.

So, KC, Ginger O and watermelon mojitos are Clear Liquids right? ;) I'll have a couple right after my surgery!

TPG

Totally - just replace the seltzer with more alcohol!

Totally - just replace the seltzer with more alcohol!

Yay! Sounds good to me!

Ebony, men are idiots. Enjoy your NSV and understand that the male species is something we'll never understand. ;)

Lulu, your arms are amazing. Can I have them when you're finished with them? :w00t:

TPG

Lulu - how many mojitos have you had already? Watching grill it w/ bobby flay while I get ready for work (dvr'd from yest) and they're making good food and drink -.

taking the 5th on how many - ;)

funny you post that KC, i shot the episode link to brandy this AM ..... i loved the kimchi recp and plan on trying this wk!

pool gal - you can have my arms, there tired today lifting my mojito.....must get back to normal tomorrow:)

pool gal - you can have my arms, there tired today lifting my mojito.....must get back to normal tomorrow:)

Just get yourself a really loooooonnnngg straw! BTW, my surgery date is 8/27.

Oooh! That's coming up soon!! (It's also my 2nd granddaughter's birthday). Good luck for the day! Don't worry, in no time at all, you'll be looking back on the day and saying "That's the best thing I ever did for myself!" I know I do!

Nope, no name for me, just "Taylor's mom".

Hey! We have the same name!:party:

Lulu - how many mojitos have you had already? Watching grill it w/ bobby flay while I get ready for work (dvr'd from yest) and they're making good food and drink -also saw a good drink on yesterday's guy's big bite - ? - orange G? love me some new drinks!

Ok here's one of the drink recipes from the grill it show:.

And here I thought you watched the food channel for the cooking!:w00t:

So, KC, Ginger O and watermelon mojitos are clear liquids right? :blink: I'll have a couple right after my surgery!

TPG

Sounds good to me!;)

As long as you exercised!:blink: