Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I understand Plain. I think everyone can hash it out by themselves... But I think that it will come to some leaving just because it seems that everytime one problem is cleared up another happens.

I know....welcome to dealing with the general public, right? Shut down one douche and it seems like there are two to take his place. Still, as troublesome and never-ending as it seems, the only way for mods to know if anybody is stirring up crap or over-stepping boundries is if somebody says something.

I totally understand and support anybody that feels like they need to take a break (or leave forever, if that's the best thing), but it seems like a real shame to let some jackass drive you off. Especially if that jackass is me. :)

I would love the person who thinks it's okay to harrass people because they're "only" a couple hundred pounds to PM me directly.

But, you know, those are the cowards that spew and run.

I am thinkin we could take them!!

We atleast with me hiding behind you under the table in the corner of a bar on a cruise ship while a 12 year old is harrassed.... (inside Joke)

I am thinkin we could take them!!

We atleast with me hiding behind you under the table in the corner of a bar on a cruise ship while a 12 year old is harrassed.... (inside Joke)

Ha! :confused: Actually, more like being pimped out by her own mom!!!

Oi...I'm a fighter, that's for sure. I am tempted to see what kind of boxing ...what, club? ring? league?...I could join. Definitely an amateur, but I'd have fun I think. And, it would be legitimate, and no one would be trying to stop me or say, "Officer, no...she doesn't mean it - please, can we just take her home now?"

:)

Ha! :confused: Actually, more like being pimped out by her own mom!!!

Oi...I'm a fighter, that's for sure. I am tempted to see what kind of boxing ...what, club? ring? league?...I could join. Definitely an amateur, but I'd have fun I think. And, it would be legitimate, and no one would be trying to stop me or say, "Officer, no...she doesn't mean it - please, can we just take her home now?"

No were you can't have my phone # I would hang up and you would have a very long drive...

Wonder if my phone works on a cruise ship. Being thrown overboard doesn't sound fun.

I can't believe that there are idiots out there complaining that people aren't fat enough for a lap band. WTH is up with that?? Maybe they're jealous because they have a much longer journey ahead of them. 'Cause we all know that losing 10 pounds is so easy and 100, well, you're just a loser and a quitter to get a band. Jeeezzz! I just don't understand people. Being overweight sucks enough all on its own without someone telling you that you're not really fat enough. Guess they weren't with you the last time you went swimming suit shopping :). Put your minds at ease folks! I AM fat enough for a band and I'm gonna get one!! So there...ha ha :unsure:. And if necessary, I'll make the sacrifice and pack on a few more pounds. I'll force myself to eat those brownies, that lasagna, the extra butter.... It'll be tough, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Wouldn't want to be called skinny or something else so rude.:confused:

Take care everyone!

TPG

I told Lu the other day that it was bullshit! Apparently we now have fatties discriminating against other fatties b/c they aren't FAT enough!!!!! WTH is THAT all about?! We are ALL in the same boat, doesn't matter how much we have to lose. It's just crazy!

Question: I read lots of posts on this forum...the good, bad, and ugly. As my surgery date looms, I'm starting to wonder if I should lay off. Did reading the horror stories cause any of you to freak out? I think I'm comfortable with the band and the idea of the band, but what if something happens? I thought most of the slippage issues, etc. were happening 'cause people didn't follow the rules, but now I'm reading more and more where it just seems to be a fluke. Okay, I'm getting nervous. My date is coming up soon....eeek. Should I read all the stuff on here or should I stick to possum recipes and play Pollyanna?

TPG

Thanks! And if one of you tells me to ask my surgeon, I'll hunt ya down :)

I can't believe that there are idiots out there complaining that people aren't fat enough for a lap band. WTH is up with that?? Maybe they're jealous because they have a much longer journey ahead of them.

It depends on the person.

I'm 5'7". A hundred extra pounds on me isn't the same as 100 extra pounds on somebody 5' tall. Roughly, if somebody 5' tall had to lose 100 pounds, somebody my height would have to lose about 123 pounds to equal the same amount for my height. And that's before you take into account body mass and other factors that might make one have to lose more to look proper for their body style. For instance, I'm short-waisted and might need to lose a bit more than I am thinking right now to look the way I want. Granted, that may not be a factor because I may not have much of a choice once I get to a healthier weight, but this is just to give an example.

This is why I've never gotten involved in the thread about whether certain people of a certain weight should be allowed to get the band. It's really nobody else's business.

I told Lu the other day that it was bullshit! Apparently we now have fatties discriminating against other fatties b/c they aren't FAT enough!!!!! WTH is THAT all about?! We are ALL in the same boat, doesn't matter how much we have to lose. It's just crazy!

Good thing there's not a stupidity competition. Sounds like the complainer would win that one hands down. :)

Good thing there's not a stupidity competition. Sounds like the complainer would win that one hands down. :confused:

Again, I'll use a Beth-ism: :) Snorkle!

Question: I read lots of posts on this forum...the good, bad, and ugly. As my surgery date looms, I'm starting to wonder if I should lay off. Did reading the horror stories cause any of you to freak out? I think I'm comfortable with the band and the idea of the band, but what if something happens? I thought most of the slippage issues, etc. were happening 'cause people didn't follow the rules, but now I'm reading more and more where it just seems to be a fluke. Okay, I'm getting nervous. My date is coming up soon....eeek. Should I read all the stuff on here or should I stick to possum recipes and play Pollyanna?

TPG

Thanks! And if one of you tells me to ask my surgeon, I'll hunt ya down :)

Okay, I would ask your surg-- OOPS!

Okay, I was in your boat too. I didn't JUST want to know the good stuff because I felt I wasn't doing myself much of a service if that's all I chose to read. However, there were times I had to lay off the bad news threads too because it got to be a bit scary. It's one thing to read enough to be informed, but I didn't want to freak myself out. I still don't read about that stuff. If I end up being a statistic, then it'll happen, but at this point it won't be because of my aftercare. But I can't sit here and dwell on it either. The numbers are in my favor, but with the constant realization that it COULD happen.

Let's face it...being overweight has emotional ties and triggers. But to complain that someone wasn't fat enough to deserve a band is utterly ridiculous. Whether or not you "need" one is up to you and your doctor. With all the body types, sizes, heights, etc., the BMI thing can't be the only factor. Sure, it gives us some idea but it's really not one-size-fits all. Beth makes good points on this. She's a lucky 5'7" where I am all of 5'3". We could weigh the same amount but have totally different outward appearances. I personally am glad that the health care world has finally decided that obesity is a real disease. Who cares what size you're wearing if your health is in danger? Let's just be grateful that there are lap bands and other WLS.

And, let's give peas a chance. I'm for whirled peas too!:)

TPG

Ha! :confused: "Officer, no...she doesn't mean it - please, can we just take her home now?"

Oh no - is it happening again - I thought you were over that phase.