Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ebony, congrats on the second second interview!

yes - congrats ebony, espcially on the NSV's & wogg'in.!.

* ktork, i would love to do agility training w/my heeler - but i was given my money back because her socialization skills are the pits!!! think i've mentioned that - so i just hit golf balls to her.

* TAPS , come out of hiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* no idea about the macarena stuff, think there are threads i'm missing here:)

Hi everyone!

G4E-still praying for your family

Ebony-congrats on the 2nd interview!

Luluc-I think they are now referring to the complaint thread in R&R. Had a chance to read some of that this morning over coffee. They are so silly.

***ok was so wrong about that. I think it was still the seriously curious thread.

Edited by *slim*
I was wrong about thread

PJTP...good news on the job front...

The second interview scheduled for Tuesday next week has turned into a Third interview with another of the senior staff on Monday! Now I've got back-to-back interviews with the folks in that office - I'd say they are interested.

My contact also asked for a list of specific office skill expertise - more detail than is on my resume, so I sent that over this afternoon.

Methinks this sounds good. I was also called by a friend across campus who suggested I put in for another job on that side (which I had already done, but it's nice to get the call).

Went for my lunchtime walk and got whistled at by the construction workers...:)

All in all, not a bad afternoon...:biggrin:

PJTP...Hi y'all!

Having a wonderful day so far...went for a "wog" this morning with DH and DDog, and felt GREAT! Only walked two blocks of our normal 1 mile course - gotta extend it next week to keep us closer to 30 minutes. The sprint at the end (just over a block) was AWESOME! I really stretched out and went for it...I felt like a kid again! Felt really good, no pain...

Like I said on FB you rock!

Slightly gross side note - my belly pouch bounces when I wog - gotta get some spandex somethings to help control that...and I'm noticing some bounce in the back as well (back fat -ewww)...guess that means I'm losing in places I can't even see! :thumbup:

I have a whole lot of back fat. If I could get that removed I will lose 15 lbs probably! Then get a TT, I would be below 200!:ohmy:

I'm only 6 pounds away from being in Onderland - a place I haven't been since I was 16 -

WooHoo you go girl!:thumbup:

I was called for a second interview for another job - I'm excited, but trying not to get too crazy...the other one that I was 2nd-interviewed for never called me back - I've sent them a couple of emails, but no word. Why can't people just say "We're not interested" or "We found someone". The job was re-posted as open, then closed again. I understand that the folks in the layoff pool have first choice, and if that's what happened, just SAY SO so that I can move on...

Anyway - my next interview is Tuesday - I have a beautiful deep red jacket dress that I just bought in a size 16W that I'm planning to wear. The smallest size I've worn since before high school!

Life is good...:w00t:

AWESOME! Good luck hon. I will pray very hard for you to get it!

I will pray that things go smoothly for you, hon.

And my voices... well... sometimes they tell me to put HeadHunter's dirty drawers on my head and dance the Macarena while playing a ukelele. It's very bad indeed.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That's worse than plain!

The second interview scheduled for Tuesday next week has turned into a Third interview with another of the senior staff on Monday! Now I've got back-to-back interviews with the folks in that office - I'd say they are interested.

My contact also asked for a list of specific office skill expertise - more detail than is on my resume, so I sent that over this afternoon.

Methinks this sounds good. I was also called by a friend across campus who suggested I put in for another job on that side (which I had already done, but it's nice to get the call).

Oh this is so wonderful for you! If it is meant to be it will be!

yep, I seen you doing the dirty sexy walk to get their attention!:wink2::wink2::biggrin:

They did an EKG on me today. they will call me and let me know when I go and get the "thin needle biopsy" done. They are going to stick the needle straight through my neck into the mass. FUN, fun. Then when they know if it is benign or not then they will schedule my surgery. I didn't get any answers today because none of them are dr.s and can't answer my questions.:sneaky:

Way to go!! I am praying for it to work out for you!

They did an EKG on me today. they will call me and let me know when I go and get the "thin needle biopsy" done. They are going to stick the needle straight through my neck into the mass. FUN, fun. Then when they know if it is benign or not then they will schedule my surgery. I didn't get any answers today because none of them are dr.s and can't answer my questions.:biggrin:

Many prayers for you.

Thanks Slim

I talked to my DS a few minutes ago, still no change on DBIL. I am praying he would wake up today. Oh they took him off the meds that paralized him and tied down his hands. But anyway I hope he wakes up and gets put in a room before Fri. I am sending heavy prayers up for him. His DS and family is moving back to Cal. on the 18th. But they can only come here and visit Fri. thru Sat. morning because the job they have now they don't have the time to be able to take off longer. They are house parents at a kids ranch for troubled kids. But I know it will put my DBIL into a deep depresion if he don't get to see the grandbabies before they move. He was in a big enough funk knowing they were moving. I hate seeing the big guy go through so much. (he is 6'4 and app.350 lbs) I have a pic. of him yrs ago holding a 50 gallon drum above his head like it was nothing. Oh. well I digress.

But that is what is going on with DBIL

Edited by gone 4 ever

Ok - I originally just wrote: me too!

I was so rudely informed by the LBT messenger that my message was too short - so sorry that I did not qualify for posting - here's your dang 10 characters: :sneaky::):wink2::biggrin::ohmy::biggrin::w00t::thumbup::eek::thumbup:

:lol::lol: Isn't that silly that you have to have 10 characters!

Well hello all. I am not even trying to catch up on all the posting.

No change on DBIL. He is still critical. I have been so tired and have been stress eating. Back on track today. Eating healthy.

Ya'll have a blessed day.

Still keeping your BIL in my thought and prayers! Sending positive thoughts your way too! Hope you can get the answers you need and find out what is going on!

PJTP...Hi y'all!

Having a wonderful day so far...went for a "wog" this morning with DH and DDog, and felt GREAT! Only walked two blocks of our normal 1 mile course - gotta extend it next week to keep us closer to 30 minutes. The sprint at the end (just over a block) was AWESOME! I really stretched out and went for it...I felt like a kid again! Felt really good, no pain...

Isn't it fun just to cut loose and RUN!

Slightly gross side note - my belly pouch bounces when I wog - gotta get some spandex somethings to help control that...and I'm noticing some bounce in the back as well (back fat -ewww)...guess that means I'm losing in places I can't even see! :eek:

Some good compression shorts will help with the "bounce"! Back fat is the worst! A good compression bra will help with that too!

I'm only 6 pounds away from being in Onderland - a place I haven't been since I was 16 - and with DH away for a pilot's event this weekend, I may just make it. Part of me wants to run every day from now through Sunday to make sure I make it, but I'm going to restrain myself so I don't get hurt.

Don't run every day! You will get to onederland! Almost there, yeah!

Anyway - my next interview is Tuesday - I have a beautiful deep red jacket dress that I just bought in a size 16W that I'm planning to wear. The smallest size I've worn since before high school!

Yeah on the interview! Go for it! Sounds like they are interested!

Life is good...:eek:

Hi everyone!

HI!

PJTP: Well, I thought I was going to go for a mountain run tonight, but that is not happening:mad2: Oh well, I will head out and hit the roads!

Bought an under-counter ice maker for the espresso store at school. Nifty little thing and it makes the right size ice for iced and blended drinks! Love it! I also picked up some mats for the girls to stand on so they don't slip when the floor is wet!! I love auctions and sell offs! Yeah!

Watching cheezy Lifetime movies with DD! They are so funny to watch, but it is overcast and kind of an icky day, so Lifetime movies it is!

I love lifetime movies... I also love close out sales!

I was just wondering......when I have my surgery, will my neck get thin? mmmmmmm (tapping finger up against the side of my head) Ouch!:biggrin: Tapped to hard!

:)

maybe get a 2 fer 1 Lipo of the neck!

not gotten out of jammies today.........:) BARELY walked outside w/the dogs:wink2:

i have been cooking for a few days as my friend gets out of the hospital tommorrow * my BF has eaten way to many subway & take out salads so i've been doing some home cooking for her.....

can't believe i just made a pot of chicken & dumplin's and shoved it into tupperware before jumping into a bowl or 3.

saw the curious thread - i'm going with the fact you had to be there as it was happening to appreciate; got lost fast.

It does sound promising!

Hmmm, even more promising sounding!

VERY nice of your friend!

WhooHoo! Hey sexy lady!!!!!! LOL!

They did an EKG on me today. they will call me and let me know when I go and get the "thin needle biopsy" done. They are going to stick the needle straight through my neck into the mass. FUN, fun. Then when they know if it is benign or not then they will schedule my surgery. I didn't get any answers today because none of them are dr.s and can't answer my questions.:thumbup:

~Benign or not, they're taking it out, right? I hope?! Seriously, they really aren't going to leave that thing in there, are they?

I talked to my DS a few minutes ago, still no change on DBIL.

~I'm still praying!

Bought an under-counter ice maker for the espresso store at school. Nifty little thing and it makes the right size ice for iced and blended drinks! Love it! I also picked up some mats for the girls to stand on so they don't slip when the floor is wet!! I love auctions and sell offs! Yeah!

~SCORE!! The kids will so appreciate it!

I was just wondering......when I have my surgery, will my neck get thin? mmmmmmm (tapping finger up against the side of my head) Ouch!:sneaky: Tapped to hard!:biggrin:

maybe get a 2 fer 1 Lipo of the neck!

[/left]

~LOL!

not gotten out of jammies today.........:thumbup: BARELY walked outside w/the dogs:wink2:

i have been cooking for a few days as my friend gets out of the hospital tommorrow * my BF has eaten way to many subway & take out salads so i've been doing some home cooking for her.....

can't believe i just made a pot of chicken & dumplin's and shoved it into tupperware before jumping into a bowl or 3.

~Sounds like a nice day so far! I'm thinking we all might need an unfill right before the trip out to your place, Lu. Between you, Tap, KC and me, we've got some people who like to cook. We could be in trouble! :wink2:

So glad to hear your friend gets out tomorrow. How's he feeling?

PJTP: Got nearly all of my work done this AM while DH took DD to the grocery store! Got payroll and bills done as well as the monthly payroll deposit. All I have left to do is reconcile the bank statements with the accounts.

This afternoon we all went to see Aliens in the Attic. It was cute. Wouldn't have broken my heart to miss but I'm not sorry we went. DD isn't too sure if she liked it or not. I think she liked parts but then some of it scared her a little, I think. She never really said. It'll come out in a day or two.

Afterwards hit the Farmer's Market for some fruit. I also bought a bunch of kale. I've been wanting some Greens, Beans and Tomatoes so I bought some and I'll make it this weekend.

Well, I'd better go start dinner. If anyone is hungry. DD ate a soft pretzel and DH had a huge bucket of popcorn!

Oh! I forgot! Slept ALL night, well except for the 2 times I had to use the restroom! DD slept ALL night! WhooHoo! AND I got to sleep in a little. Feeling MUCH better today!

BBL!

saw the curious thread - i'm going with the fact you had to be there as it was happening to appreciate; got lost fast.

Start drinking heavily. It'll not only begin to get funny, it'll make sense too. :)

~Benign or not, they're taking it out, right? I hope?! Seriously, they really aren't going to leave that thing in there, are they?

I'm not for sure. I think he said if it is cancerous that he won't remove it but give me radiation again. (I am a cancer survivor) Wouldn't make sense to leave it in either way. I have trouble breathing and it is getting worse.

~I'm still praying!

Thanks

~Sounds like a nice day so far! I'm thinking we all might need an unfill right before the trip out to your place, Lu. Between you, Tap, KC and me, we've got some people who like to cook. We could be in trouble! :biggrin:

I like to cook also. but I don't do fancy. I do plain ol southern cooking.

So glad to hear your friend gets out tomorrow. How's he feeling?

Ditto

PJTP: Got nearly all of my work done this AM while DH took DD to the grocery store! Got payroll and bills done as well as the monthly payroll deposit. All I have left to do is reconcile the bank statements with the accounts.

You were on a roll!

This afternoon we all went to see Aliens in the Attic. It was cute. Wouldn't have broken my heart to miss but I'm not sorry we went. DD isn't too sure if she liked it or not. I think she liked parts but then some of it scared her a little, I think. She never really said. It'll come out in a day or two.

I'm such a kid cause I want to see it.

Afterwards hit the Farmer's Market for some fruit. I also bought a bunch of kale. I've been wanting some Greens, Beans and Tomatoes so I bought some and I'll make it this weekend.

Yum

Oh! I forgot! Slept ALL night, well except for the 2 times I had to use the restroom! DD slept ALL night! WhooHoo! AND I got to sleep in a little. Feeling MUCH better today!

Yay!

BBL!

Start drinking heavily. It'll not only begin to get funny, it'll make sense too. :biggrin:

It makes perfect sense to me. I don't drink. But I was there at the begining. So yeah you might want to drink heavily. Maybe throw in a little smoke, you will really love it then!:)

So I lost a bet this am - and had to make cinnamon rolls today for the group tonight at work.

Sooo excited that tonight is my last night till sunday!

g4e---all I can offer is my own experience. The thin needle biopsy was a wierd one for me. The tumor on my thyroid was so large I could no longer lay on my back, as it closed off my air. They lay your neck back over a triangular wedge, which puts your neck in ideal position....but when they did I could not breath! So he would give me a breath, go in with the needle, pull out the needle, raise me for air when I lifted my hand! We managed to get it done. WHY they did it, I am not sure, they considered it inconclusive!!!

As for the surgery, I had the same issue---when layed down I closed off, so had to be awake for the intubation---was scared to death of that, but it was so quick, and he "dropped" me so quick I barely remember any of the intubation.

I had it done in the hospital, not in a day surgery center---because I had pathology done while still in OR. Betting you will too, since we have both travelled the cancer path before.

I woke up sore, but not terribly so, ice was kept on my neck ALL the time, day and night for 3 solid days! Swelling never got bad. I had good news on the pathology, so I could have gone home that night, but my blood pressure kept dropping, so I had to stay overnight. I come home the next morning, a little over 24 hours was all. I had strict orders to maintain the ice at home, and did. I could have done it alone without issue. I slept a lot, was pretty used to eating soft diet, as it had restricted me for so long before surgery. I stocked up, and planned ahead, so it was not an issue. Pain was minimal. The usual restrictions, no lifting for a few days, I could not look up for a month, the stitches needed to heal with the skin taut he said. Looking up meaning tipping my head back--stretching the neck.

There is not a lot that really burdens that area, so....watching TV, reading, taking walks, is all ok. I was out shopping within 2 days---had one man FREAK the hell out over my cut throat tho!!! He ask me "who did that to you????" LOL

If you look in my Facebook album, there is a picture of my DH and I on a motorcycle trip, and while I had not realized it was even there yet, you can SEE it in the picture, I look like I have a bigger Adam's apple than DH! Now there is a hollow! It seriously changed my neck! The scar is hardly visible, it is a VERY fine white line. It was not done by a PS--it was done by an ENT.

I too was told that if it were cancerous, the extent would determine whether it was removed or not. There are situations where killing it in place, and not exposing the cancer cells to the blood stream is a more prudent move.

2 years later, the only issue I have is I have problems wearing regular necked shirts, like a round neck t shirt---I feel like it is choking me. Might be mind over matter, but I stick to V necks and all is well!

Hope yours is as untraumatic as mine was, and that you have as great of news--no cancer. And that you get your skinny neck!!!

Feel free to PM me, and if you want I will send you my #. I know the panic that sets in at the thought of going through chemo again----I was a basket case.

Busy days getting all the back to school exams done---chaos in a major way!

Off to the shower and then to bed! Tomorrow is my day to go in late, so will check to see what is worth PJTP about!!!

So I lost a bet this am - and had to make cinnamon rolls today for the group tonight at work.

Sooo excited that tonight is my last night till sunday!

What did y'all bet on?