Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So... did we entertain? :thumbup:

You are up and about - amazing!:laugh:

I think we had a little too much fun last night! We probably won't hear from Beth until this evening - when she gets started drinking again!:thumbup:

Shoot, you kidding? I was ALMOST sober last night! That's me on a regular tear. Now, when I get drinking... Well, let's just say I can never go to Oklahoma again. Or Florida. And I think I'm supposed to stay clear of Utah too... gotta check that one out on their most wanted site...

I think vodka is a stretch - sure it's regional - if we're talking backwoods moonshine with some lipton bags put in it.

That made me LOL.

A life sized poster of plain

And all my Facebook friends know the picture that will be used for the poster. "Sexy man, sexy man" (said in "Fat Bastard" voice from Austin Powers)

But it's a sad state of affairs when you are only 17 - more drunk than Beth and high.

Is that medically possible?

I will say that we do have the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka here in the ghetto and it makes for a mighty fine alcoholic Arnold Palmer.

Aha! Vindication for those of you that thought I was making it up! And BG, it sho is good!

Here's a link to the good stuff:

.::The Original Firefly ::.

Shoot, you kidding? I was ALMOST sober last night! That's me on a regular tear. Now, when I get drinking... Well, let's just say I can never go to Oklahoma again. Or Florida. And I think I'm supposed to stay clear of Utah too... gotta check that one out on their most wanted site...

ALMOST, but not QUITE? So you could still go back to TX?

ALMOST, but not QUITE? So you could still go back to TX?

Not a hundred percent sure. I did just leave there, you know, and there was this one incident...

So... did we entertain? :thumbup:

OMG yes!:laugh:

Most fun I have had on a Friday night in a long time - how sad is that???

Sad??? I was freaking jealous that I missed it!:crying:

You are up and about - amazing!:lol:

I concur! How the heck are you up Beth?

:lol::lol:

Why, do you know something I don't? Who told you...? :lol:

Not a hundred percent sure. I did just leave there, you know, and there was this one incident...

Any word from KC? KC-did your mom make it there? How was the race? So many questions...

PJTP-I just came home from marathon school shopping. They have a tax free holiday here every year (for the last few years at least) right before the school year starts. Everyone is out. There were so many wrecks along the road leading to the mall. It was hectic! I hated every minute of it. I was gone and stuck in this mess for 6 hours!:tt2: Six hours of screaming mothers and their children. My own brat was complaining the entire time. I finally told him that all he had to do was complain once more before he would start the school year in the too little clothes from last school year.:lol: That shut him up. My plan for the rest of the night is to relax with a bottle of wine (left over from a recipe I am attempting to prepare), and read about what ever shenanigans (sp?) that Beth and company might get into.:laugh:

Ok so I've never gone to bed today but good news - mom and dad are on the plane en route here.

I'm just now dreading the drive to the airport - will need an iced latte for sure!

Taking a moment to be serious here (even though just typing that makes me snicker) I have a great nephew who is 5, and he is being raised by morons, and yes the mother is my niece. He is constantly telling my other great nephews he is going to kill them. He spends hour upon hour in front of the TV playing violent video games with his Dad. Who is a little bitty guy, and has an attitude 10X his size. He takes all the karate and Judo classes, and is apparantly quite good, tho will never be as good as he claims to be. Has my nephew in them already as well.

IMHO these are the kids who are growing up shooting one another. The lives they lived growing up have no nurturing, whether it be gang related, or simple neglect while parents play violent games, and they get it in their heads they can drive and crash and just hit restart in their lives, and shooting someone is so ingrained and natural to them, it is no longer a big deal.

Most of us growing up when you played army or cops and robbers, even if you used toy guns had to yell "You're Dead" and argue for 15 minutes over whether the other one had to die or not. The games these days have real looking people, and real reactions to the abuses delivered....hearts pump blood and brains ooze out....and they learn to have no problem pulling a trigger pointed at someone.

I know it is not all video games, but my great nephew has not ever figured out the real/not real things---there is not a line to him. My grandkids watch SpongeBob, and see him get fried on the grill, and at 3 & 4 know it is not REAL. #1 they do not see sponges walking around, and #2 it is done in cartoon form. My great nephew is allowed to play the games where the characters look like people on TV---he has no concept of reality like that.

My SIL has been to SS for him, all kinds of things, but he is well, and clean, and fed, so they let it be. On a kind of funny note in regards to him....

He told my BIL, that he got in trouble at school and could not say the B word anymore. He repeatedly mentioned he got in trouble over the B word. Finally after several mentions my BIL asks him "what is the B word--- Brandon???" Joking about his name being a B word----and Brandon tells him in a stage whisper "M****r F****r is the B word, don't you know that???"

Taking a moment to be serious here (even though just typing that makes me snicker) I have a great nephew who is 5, and he is being raised by morons, and yes the mother is my niece. He is constantly telling my other great nephews he is going to kill them. He spends hour upon hour in front of the TV playing violent video games with his Dad. Who is a little bitty guy, and has an attitude 10X his size. He takes all the karate and Judo classes, and is apparantly quite good, tho will never be as good as he claims to be. Has my nephew in them already as well.

IMHO these are the kids who are growing up shooting one another. The lives they lived growing up have no nurturing, whether it be gang related, or simple neglect while parents play violent games, and they get it in their heads they can drive and crash and just hit restart in their lives, and shooting someone is so ingrained and natural to them, it is no longer a big deal.

Most of us growing up when you played army or cops and robbers, even if you used toy guns had to yell "You're Dead" and argue for 15 minutes over whether the other one had to die or not. The games these days have real looking people, and real reactions to the abuses delivered....hearts pump blood and brains ooze out....and they learn to have no problem pulling a trigger pointed at someone.

I know it is not all video games, but my great nephew has not ever figured out the real/not real things---there is not a line to him. My grandkids watch SpongeBob, and see him get fried on the grill, and at 3 & 4 know it is not REAL. #1 they do not see sponges walking around, and #2 it is done in cartoon form. My great nephew is allowed to play the games where the characters look like people on TV---he has no concept of reality like that.

My SIL has been to SS for him, all kinds of things, but he is well, and clean, and fed, so they let it be. On a kind of funny note in regards to him....

He told my BIL, that he got in trouble at school and could not say the B word anymore. He repeatedly mentioned he got in trouble over the B word. Finally after several mentions my BIL asks him "what is the B word--- Brandon???" Joking about his name being a B word----and Brandon tells him in a stage whisper "M****r F****r is the B word, don't you know that???"

You know Kat, I have thought about that too. That is why my son gets tired of me telling him that certain things are not possible (even now I tell him to be sure he understands). I also don't let him play those games. He gets upset because his friends play them. I have explained that some things are just not meant for children (or adults for that matter). That is too funny about the B word though.

Mac-I am sorry that you are having issues at work. I hope it gets better.

I don't think it will. I was planning on leaving anyway.

Ah Mac - I'm very sorry that the situation is bringing you so much grief and turmoil - But I am glad that at least it seems like you are not too upset to leave. hang in there!

I don't think it will. I was planning on leaving anyway.
Ah Mac - I'm very sorry that the situation is bringing you so much grief and turmoil - But I am glad that at least it seems like you are not too upset to leave. hang in there!

I agree Mac. I am glad that if it comes down to it, leaving is a viable option for you. Life is too short to be unhappy (a rule that I need to live by).

Well, now thatcha know where to find us, Slim, c'mon down! :thumbup:

I do now, I should have known that the thread would be moved to R and R.