Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP - I'm checking outside in case I see animals going two by two...the frickin rain continues.

What area are you in? I would LOVE to see some rain for a change.....

HH

Thinking of all my texas friends - watching the today show - they've been down there today.

giddie up:) i watched too on the stairmaster

Also praying for your friend Lulu - does he have skype? That could be fun for him and his family for not visiting times

no skype - he is a VP of video conferencing company; so DH hooked us up to his room & our laptops. he's in a private rm, that DH and friends installed a flatscreen , slingbox - to keep him occupied. i had a cold last wk, so i've not been able to visit - but glouc i harrass him daily.

dragging his wife (again - those on FB , she shares my avi) out for mega wine tonight. boys can catch up.....since i'm not cleared for visitation yet.

i appreciate all warm regards !!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO i couldn't even keep up on the treadmill reading this and other threads before my BB battery died.

taps it's raining here today and i love it .... , i got 2 goats for your ark??

Damn...my friend got back from his doc appt, and he was in DH's office - working on a project and they came and got him.

Damn...now I'm crying...now it's real. Is it wrong to take his name plate from the mail center? Cuz, I did....

And, Princess came in at 10am...walked off, came back around 11ish, had lunch, came back around 12 ish and then left to drop off her phone. Left me with a stack of import letters to do.

WTH? why are people like that still here, and my friend, who does work really hard gone?

I WANT that exit interview now...I will not go quietly.

PJTP...Good news on the job front...

Followed up with the first job I applied for - the one I've had two interviews with...still no decision, but when I checked the job board today, it was no longer listed as 'Closed' so I sent off an inquiry via email asking about my status.

Heard from another department just now - they want to interview me...have an interview on Monday. Similar to the first place I worked at my employer, so my prior experience will come in handy. Might even have to interface with my first boss here - don't think SHE will like that much, since I was one of the people who corroborated another employee's complaint about her. Long story - but her treatment of the other employee bordered on harassment, including snide remarks about her age, ability to perform the job, etc. First Supervisor also made comments about another employee including a past problem with substance abuse, which also got her into trouble. Both of the affected employees are now in different departments and good for them!

I'm hopeful about Monday...it would put me back on the side of campus where I was happier, and close to friendly former co-workers. Start the prayers, good thoughts, good vibes and nekkid fire dancing! :biggrin:

PJTP...

Damn...my friend got back from his doc appt, and he was in DH's office - working on a project and they came and got him.

Damn...now I'm crying...now it's real. Is it wrong to take his name plate from the mail center? Cuz, I did....

Oh Glouc, I'm so sorry for your friend...and I think I would have taken his nameplate too...that just sucks...

And, Princess came in at 10am...walked off, came back around 11ish, had lunch, came back around 12 ish and then left to drop off her phone. Left me with a stack of import letters to do.

WTH? why are people like that still here, and my friend, who does work really hard gone?

I so totally agree...in my former office, there was an employee who was OBVIOUSLY the boss' favorite. Had flexible hours (come in when you want) took extra-long lunches, socialized with the boss outside of work and then when they both had too much 'party time', both called in sick the next day. Came and went as she pleased (including 2 hours in the middle of the day to visit a friend in the hospital) and nothing was ever said. It just stinks...

I WANT that exit interview now...I will not go quietly.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that one...be careful, though, Glouc - you don't want them to give YOU a bad reference in return for your candor, should you end up leaving. Make sure they can't retaliate against you, and phrase your thoughts in impartial, business terms so they can't say it's about your personal relationship (or lack thereof) with the Princess.

But then, you're a smart woman - you know how to do that without burning your bridges...I know I would have a tough time of it...when I left my first position, I did NOT tell them a lot of what was on my mind and why I left because it was SO personal - I couldn't figure out a way to say it without it sounding like whining or a personal attack on my former manager.

Besides - I suspect they always knew about her challenges, they just chose to do nothing about it...:biggrin:

Thanks Ebony...the worst part is I'm torn because I do have a friendship w/Princess. :biggrin: She's a friend on FB, and we chat at work. We've done over time together on some projects and she's awesome and fun...she just doesn't work.

I'm impartial enough to see the good part of her and the bad. I just wish her "leash" were a little tighter, or that she had more respect for the folks here getting fired.

Arghghghghh!!!! Sorry....'nuff about layoffs. I know it sucks for everyone everywhere.

How 'bout them <insert team name here>?

How 'bout them <insert team name here>?

well cowboy training camp started today in san antonio - so i'm inserting team name here........DH will not be the same till february.

i LOVE football - but dude played through college & it's his crack....my levity talk in breaking up serious'ness:)

I just read a post from someone who claims that she has personally been attacked on this forum and likens it to a schoolyard bully situation. I can find nothing in her status that has any sort of nastiness, I found no personal attacks, and basically nothing negative.

For many people, disagreeing with them is considered by them to be a form of personal attack. Shrug.

Almost every single woman I saw on that show looked substantially heavier. I deal with people's height / weight almost nightly and I'm pretty good (pats myself on the back) at estimation, often times coming within 5 - 10 lbs. Having said that, I'm aware some people say TV adds some lbs. What do the rest of you think? Did they fudge the stats, or is it a trick of the TV? Also, most of those chicks had BOOBS! Wowza!

The camera does distort. It doesn't necessarily "add 10 lb." (or 20 or whatever) But you are converting a 3D object into 2D and there are going to be distortions. Some people actually look THINNER in pix and video but most people look heavier and this seems to be even more exaggerated the heavier you are.

So, haven't seen the show, I think the jury is out...

She told me, "You'll see one day". I say, "No...I'm ready for DD to hit the road NOW."

I get so irritated when people assume their experience is universal. She is a basket case so, of course, every one was or will be too.

Well, my son is about to turn 18 and I want him out of the house NOW! :biggrin:

What is it with users and the word "pink" in their name? Could she be the other pink from a year ago that kept popping up?

She's not.

Problem is, I would think (like in many places I've been) the hostilities that are fed and flamed in a place like that would spill over into the tamer boards.

I've seen that happen but it's pretty rare and usually involved a particularly controversial person who delighted in upsetting people.

But I do think boards have personalities and the OH board is very lightly moderated and a lot of stuff is allowed that wouldn't be allowed here. That includes all over the board, not just Rants & Raves.

So their "rest of the board" isn't as bad as their R&R section, but it's much rougher than any other board I'm on.

well cowboy training camp started today in san antonio - so i'm inserting team name here........DH will not be the same till february.

i LOVE football - but dude played through college & it's his crack....my levity talk in breaking up serious'ness:)

DH's one requirement when planning the wedding: not during football season!!!

Luluc - Cowboys come to KC 10/11!!!!

Ebony, CONGRATS AGAIN!! I hope SOMEthing comes through for you.

The "prior boss" you referred to whom you would be bumping into if you got this job, is this the boss you have now?

I called the agency... again... only to be told they still don't know anything. I asked if there was a way to find out if I was even in the running. The girl said she has had a call and an e-mail in to them and no reply. I told her this was getting aggravating, that in the very near future I would simply be yanking my name from the pool if I don't hear anything since I have signed on for a full load of classes. She said she understood.

Anyway, went and saw The Ugly Truth. It was... okay. However, it was like listening to two hours' worth of PknPottymouth. A bit risque and vulgar, even for me who is in no way a prude. I think I chuckled once. I'd say a C- to D+. Good thing I had a free ticket to see it cuz I'd be one ticked off somethin' if I had to pay full price.

Luluc - Cowboys come to KC 10/11!!!!

so as it was written into our "vows" - i will root for the cowboys .... but 2 games a yr, when they play the NYG (ceradad - kiss my ass) ... which is the opening home game in the new cowboy stadium.

i love this time of yr!!!

:biggrin: Well, I grew up a 'skins fan, so....can't root for the 'boys. LOL

I did make DH's dad a 'boys blanket one year for Christmas (they live in Copperas Cove, near Ft. Hood) and he LOVED it. They teased me endlessly about how hard that must have been! :sad:

But, since being here, I enjoy college more than pro. But, we are a football house.

Evening everyone! Way too much has been said for me to recap. I have been on to try to catch up a couple of times today and end up behind by the time I get to what I think is the last post.