Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

go to the nearest airport - select flight to DFW, i'll come pick you up - you can clean & organize till your hearts content.

i'll have diner & wine waiting:)

:tongue2::lol: You have no idea how tempting that sounds...AND you have heat and sunshine and dogs...my idea of heaven or retirement!!

Slim - not uninterrupted - my mother called to ask DH how to do something on her computer...she called long after we were asleep. She's in her late 80's and forgets things like TIME, so she was blissfully unaware that it was WAY too late to be phoning anyone! After DH walked her through her problem, he then went immediately back to sleep. Me, I was awake then for a few hours, and went back to be bed at 4. But I am hopeful that tonight my normal pattern will resume...

P.S. Lulu - thought of you when I was doing things yesterday. I put on Citizen Cane to watch as I washing baseboards and touching up paint...

No NO Lulu - I need Tap! My home is in a severe state of terminal illness - it's needs some serious reviving.

So let's see what do I have to offer: I have heat and sun (maybe not as much though), I have a dog, no pool, no private wildlife preserve - Buuuuttttt I do know young hot men!

No NO Lulu - I need Tap! My home is in a severe state of terminal illness - it's needs some serious reviving.

So let's see what do I have to offer: I have heat and sun (maybe not as much though), I have a dog, no pool, no private wildlife preserve - Buuuuttttt I do know young hot men!

:tongue2::lol::(:lol::mad:

P.S. Lulu - thought of you when I was doing things yesterday. I put on Citizen Cane to watch as I washing baseboards and touching up paint...

love that movie - did you see RKO 281 the HBO movie about the making of CK? john malchovich (SP?) was awesome.

ummmmmmmmm

NOOOOOOOOOO, KC - i put the request in first!!!

my house is a MESS.

DH and i live upstairs for the most part as that remodel is complete & downstairs is ripped up.

my contractor is on vacation for a month (courtesy of me bankrolling him....:tongue2:). we plan on finishing after labor day - it's just too hot and i don't want workers in/out while i got my butt in the pool:scared2:

:mad:--:tongue2::crying::(:crying::mad:

-Hangs head low in utter despair, dejected!

Guess I'll have to go bake some blueberry muffins.

Edited by kcmagu
addition

Ladies, ladies....perhaps we can come to some kind of arrangement; DH and I will travel around from place to place doing periodic purging, cleaning and organizing of selected homes. DH is a great handyman (electrical engineer by education) and can't stand to do nothing; he loves doing renovations, repairs. Any odd jobs from wiring lamps to remodelling kitchens, he'd be happy.

No Lu I didn't see RKO 281, but shall add it to the list.

So, while I was inside puttering (and muttering), my brother arrived with multiple HUGE plastic tote boxes from our Aunt. For reasons unknown to the family she is giving away most of her things, and she is deciding who gets what. I got books...lots of books. I really don't have a big need for latin primers circa 1930, but I LOVED finding an original hardcover Bobsey Twins book. Her tastes are certainly eclectic: from latin books, russian poetry, mysteries, to Colin Powell autobio, to the chicken Soup series (which I don't like). I'm taking a wee break from sorting them as the dust is starting to get to me - I found one presented to her in 1939 for public speaking. Lovely handwriting they had - and with fountain pens...

Some (many) will be taken to the local used book store, others will be stored away (and my relatives can figure out what to do with them after Im dead) - after I've read them all, of course. Even the Bobbsey Twins!

Gotta grab some lunch, then back to sorting books.

BOOKS UPDATE: Tours for South Dakota; watergate transcripts; modern espionage; a first edition of Heidi; and the history of golf balls....what a collection in this box!!

Edited by tapshoes

Tap,

I think I can make you a very nice offer. You can swim in my pool. You can pet my dog - who is the cutest in the world. You can eat all the leftover NutriSystem food I'll never again touch.

Then....I'm having a deck put on...lots of dust and dirt flying about. Having a window torn out and turned into a door. I don't clean and my housekeeper hasn't been here in a loooong time due to family illness. Also, my parents live around the corner and stop in frequently.:(

How could you pass this up???????:tongue2:

And, I'm out of Cascade and can't run the dishwasher.:mad:

Tap, if this doesn't get you excited, well, there's just something wrong with you!:mad: I wish I liked to clean and organize but I think the most vacuuming I'll do is the pool.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

TPG

Well, my fellow PJTPers. I think I may be finished with LBT. Pnkpassion was reinstated. I gotta question that. I'm really quite surprised. And her thread about eating chicken goes on. She was rude to me again there and I didn't post anything. Susan "moderated" her but come on....

So, I'm not feeling too positive about the board's admin.

TPG

Nekid happy dance would be dangerous - flopping gals could give me a black eye!

:lol::lol::lol:

I know exactly that feeling - moving from pull-ups to buttons and zips! Great NSV!

I have the song from the pull up comercials on, "I'Mma big girl now!":rolleyes2::(

Sounds good - sitting by the pool, having a drink or two and being fanned by the spouse. Isn't that how life is supposed to be?

:thumbup:

Ok, that is too funny. I almost reminded you to make sure you left for the potty early when I saw your post this morning. Next time I will make sure and send the message!

Yes please!:mad:

I had a pillow case with Bobby Sherman's face on it :wub:- kind of creepy now that I type it, but, oh yeah!!! Even had the silly 45s off the back of the Cereal boxes for Bobby and David Cassidy. Ah youth, life was so simple!

No creepy is I still have some of the David Cassidy's fan club hearts with the pic. of him in the hearts. Now thats creepy!

PJTP: Step-daughter is gone. She never asked for anything or even had a drama fit. Hmm, maybe she has grown up... We will wait and see, she will have to earn back trust and respect. It was rather awkward the whole time she was here. It would almost have been easier to visit with a complete stranger, I don't know, it was just weird.

Maybe she has grown up and it was awkward because you waited for trouble and she knew that was expected. Maybe she didn't know how to act or diffuse the tension.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

You too!

Morning everyone!

Afternoon Taps.

Once again, RAIN today. It's easy to be a weatherman/ meterologist here - rain, followed by rain, with a chance of rain...every fricken day! :angry::mad::angry: This is unheard of here, and there are a lot of really cranky people around! So, I guess more inside stuff today...but I don't want to do it....stamping my foot. I WANT TO BE OUTSIDE!

O.K I know that others have called dibbs on you already but.... I live close and I will go pick you up. Even if I don't know what state you live in I am Still Closer!:glare: BWHAAAAAA

I am also kinda handy-capped with this 3 lb weight limit. :unsure: Thinking what other card I can throw?:tongue2:

Ladies, ladies....perhaps we can come to some kind of arrangement; DH and I will travel around from place to place doing periodic purging, cleaning and organizing of selected homes. DH is a great handyman (electrical engineer by education) and can't stand to do nothing; he loves doing renovations, repairs. Any odd jobs from wiring lamps to remodelling kitchens, he'd be happy.

Me Me Me I'm first!!!! As I raise my hand and wave frantically!

, but I LOVED finding an original hardcover Bobsey Twins book.

I would have loved that!

BOOKS UPDATE: Tours for South Dakota; watergate transcripts; modern espionage; a first edition of Heidi; and the history of golf balls....what a collection in this box!!

First edition of Heidi and the Bobsey Twins to me are sweet finds!

Well I have been doing so good this week about not having to take pain pills during the day. Only take at bedtime with a muscle relaxer until last night. I decided to try to not use them at night. I am paying for it now. I just took both. So back to taking them at night. Oh well live and learn.

Y'all have a blessed Sunday.

:wink:PPPSSSSTTTT Taps, I'm on my way to get you. Don't tell anyone else.:thumbup:

* CAN'T give up my books, i've tried - i let my nieces "borrow my nancy drew collection"...then made my brother ship them back....i inherited my great grandmothers library as i would sneak in as a kid and get lost. the leatherbound charles dickens collection alone is one of my prized favorite things. i view books, especially old ones like "art" - so i'm having mohogany bookshelves built in on just about every wall downstairs.

* TPG, i got the cutest dog X5:wink2: i'd have much more & did - but have 2 old ones that need extra TLX.

* TPG, susan's a great admin - that thread shouldn't have been closed because the topic is quite relevant. just roll w/it, or send her a note.

ok - patio w/margaritas is calling my name, last day taking advantage of eating what i want...cheers all!

Well, my fellow PJTPers. I think I may be finished with LBT. Pnkpassion was reinstated. I gotta question that. I'm really quite surprised. And her thread about eating chicken goes on. She was rude to me again there and I didn't post anything. Susan "moderated" her but come on....

So, I'm not feeling too positive about the board's admin.

TPG

Laura, don't leave us, just don't go to that thread. Maybe Alex needs to know about this girl.

* TPG, susan's a great admin - that thread shouldn't have been closed because the topic is quite relevant. just roll w/it, or send her a note.

If you mean the chicken thread, I agree. It should stay on. Admin closed the hump thread. I did send a message.

* CAN'T give up my books, i've tried - i let my nieces "borrow my nancy drew collection"...then made my brother ship them back....i inherited my great grandmothers library as i would sneak in as a kid and get lost. the leatherbound charles dickens collection alone is one of my prized favorite things. i view books, especially old ones like "art" - so i'm having mohogany bookshelves built in on just about every wall downstairs. !

What a wonderful inheritance!

I love books! My addiction to them is almost as strong as my food addiction. I buy them faster than I can read them. I love every kind - mystery, drama, suspense, chick, books, the twilight series, epics, etc etc.

One of my all time favorites is The Power of One and recently I really enjoyed The Shadow of the Wind - for book lovers I highly recommend the latter (well actually both) but The Shadow of the Wind itself is about the power and mystery of books.

One of my best friends and I always joke that if we ever won the powerball - we would open a dog play place and take in about every stray dog we could find. I unfortunately only have one with two cats (one's really like a dog) - b/c everyone knows I can't say no. I fostered a second dog for several months recently but she went back to her home - very hard on my heart!