Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Glouc-that is awesome about DD! :thumbup:I had noticed the neck darkening on myself when an endocrinoglist (sp?) told me what it meant. That is when they put me on diabetic medicines to halt the progress (that is also when I started looking into the lapband).

PJTP...It's gonna be a great day!:eek:

I'm up and at 'em this morning working on another new project at work - pulling together some information to be sent to a researcher.

Met with my union rep yesterday - got all kinds of helpful info. I'm going to document the procedures for doing things here at my job as I understand them, and ask for them to be edited / corrected. I have procedure sheets for some of the tasks I perform, but not ones that they've been hammering me about, so...

Once I get the documentation done, I'll perform my job the way I've been "instructed" to do, and if they have a problem with it, they will have to answer for NOT correcting the documentation.

Very good idea. I hadn't thought of that either.

It's a pain in the tail, :thumbup: but will give me more time to find another position, because even if they did a 100% turnaround and suddenly became reasonable people, I wouldn't stay here...it's taking quite a long time for the internal job process to complete. My info has been forwarded to the "hiring manager" for four other jobs, but nothing since. The jobs are still open, so I'm still hopeful.

Everyone have a wonderful day! BBK - good to see you here! We missed you! :wub:

What she said!

Susan - where are you?:wub:

Again, what she said!

Tap - hope you have a resolution for the insomnia soon...:wub:

Hi

Pjtp went to courthouse and got hitched..

And I'm 128 today .life is good were at the lagoon getting some sun and fun with little buddy

Congrats!:wub:

Drive by posting.

Vrooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So silly.:mad2:

beep beep ....

You too.:wub:

Beep beep...from the beach

:wub:

Don't ask me how but that managed to put boom boom pow in my freaking head.

I don't know, but I know that you posting it put it into my head.

BBK and MS glad to see you took some advice and visited here for the non FB crowd to see.......Maybe one of these days they will convert.

:wub::angry::mad2: Maybe these look will get them to convert. LOL

Not me.:glare:

FB's where it's at.

I was a FB hater now I am an addict :(

Which is why I won't FB. I have enough addictions without adding to them.:D

Something I used to tell my kids....one embraced it from the beginning, she was NEVER a follower!! She always was unique---marched to the beat of a different drummer so to speak.

The other DD and DS were always wanting to be just like everyone else. Now they are both in their late 20's with kids, and are FINALLY getting it!! LOL

Something I used to tell my kids....one embraced it from the beginning, she was NEVER a follower!! She always was unique---marched to the beat of a different drummer so to speak.

my mom told me something similar growing up; but followed with 'i hope you have 10 girls just like you'.....i'm the only girl & kept my mom on her toes:)

i have only lost 33 pounds since December 08.Is that normal? I guess ever one is different.i also had a complete knee replacement 2 weeks ago.i am not moving around that much,and when u r not moving around ,i tend to eat more.i guess it never ends,any suggestions? lisa lap63

Lisa,

Getting a fill helped me.

I've been banded 2 years, only lost 60 so far. So...I dunno. I was hoping for faster, but it just ain't happening.

Anyone familiar w/PCOS? I was looking up that brown skin thing again and a lot of the symptons sound like what DD has. (Other than menstrual cycle irregulations...)

PJTP - DH and I went to a chinese buffett and I had Soup and snuck out chicken bits for later...is that wrong? I figure, when I'd go there pre-banding, I'd eat them out of house and home, so sneaking out 2 chicken strips to eat later in the day is actually saving them money, right?

i have only lost 33 pounds since December 08.Is that normal?

that's about how much i lost in the same amt of time.

i just stuck w/what i was doing (exercise/eating) and kept my fingers crossed it would all fall into place.

by month 8 is when i really started to "see" the results & the weight fall off more readily than most see in the beginning.

glouc - hot & sour Soup sounds good about now.

texts DH for some soup as there is NO good asian food in the country:)

i have only lost 33 pounds since December 08.Is that normal? I guess ever one is different.i also had a complete knee replacement 2 weeks ago.i am not moving around that much,and when u r not moving around ,i tend to eat more.i guess it never ends,any suggestions? lisa lap63

Hi Lisa,

I lost slowly in the beginning, too - I was banded in November, had only lost a few pounds by the beginning of '09. What helped me was to increase my activity level and to be consistent with my activity. I started by just walking - but with your knee replacement, I'm guessing you may not be ready for that yet.

Can you do Water exercises, and is there a public pool near you? Make sure you get clearance from your doctor before doing ANYTHING - don't rush into anything because it might affect your healing.

You might be able to do seated exercises as well - maybe just your upper body - until you are cleared to do more. I found that it's really hard NOT to eat the wrong stuff when you are bored, so take up another hobby or activity to keep your hands and mind occupied and keep you away from snacking.

While you're not moving a lot, your body will conserve calories - track EVERYTHING you eat and see if there's anyplace you can make positive changes. I found for me that eating Protein first is key - it helps me to feel full faster and as long as I'm not 'washing' my food down by drinking too much with my meal, it stays with me longer.

Good luck on your banding journey!:thumbup:

Hola chica! I am having a problem (I should be glad). I had braces put onto my lower teeth today. I cooked this wonderful stir fry for my dinner and cannot eat it! It feels too strange! I am sitting here sipping on freaking Soup instead!!!!! I should have been prepared for this, but I didn't even think about it when I was cooking!

Ouch, braces! I remember those. I hated every minute of them.

And, like a dummy didn't wear my retainer so my bottom teeth are right back where they were.

I feel for ya, Slim!

At this rate, I am going to hate every minute too! I am hungry! I wanted the sensation of chewing!