Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I want to work for myself, but I'd fire me for slacking off on LBT and FB all day.

Uh, oh. Guess I have to call myself into my office. I spent an awful lot of time yesterday with birth control issues. And chickens. And now, I'm going swimming. I'm going to have to have a talk with myself about wasting time while on the clock and my bad attitude. Maybe I'll just get a note in my file. My boss is such a snarky witch!

TPG

ha! You get bonus points, though, for using the word of the day. So, you can use that in your defense.

Just WAY too much to catch up on...and I haven't gone anywhere! I'm working on about 6 hours sleep since 6am Monday - I'm too tired to think, my head is like cement, I've dark circles under my eyes, and my memory is shot.

Glou - I work in a place where the majority of staff are huggers. They hug if you are sad, or if you are angry, or if you are going on vacation, or any provocation. I am not a hugger - outside of my circle of friends and family, and even then in moderation. Anyways, I have expressed this sentiment, nicely, more than once, but to no avail. The head of HR is the chief hugger. They all mean well, i just don't like being manhandled (although they are all women) at work. Your situation sucks.

Brithday greetings Beth

Ebony - you look FABULOUS.

KC - Does it make you despair of the human race?

Heart - heat wave...I remember those. Where I am, and with this "summer's" weather, it would be if we hit 80!

Slim - yoou could have a posse of PJTP'ers to assist in MIL dealings/removal.

G4E - Whatever works, do it. I'm with Lu in the chiro opinion, but hey if it works for you, do it.

Mac - Why do you hate your job?

Plain - Little Bo-peep, tinsel, STDs,, blowup dolls....yes, a man's perspective is always good

That's it; everybody else I can't remember all the stories.

Edited by tapshoes
too many typos; need sleep. sleep, perchance to dream

Okay, while boss is in kitchen....

I gotta wonder about the folks who posted serious questions on the infamous Unprotected Sex/BC Issue thread yesterday. After you read the 5 pages of responses, you'd actually post a serious question???? I so don't "get" people.

Great, boss is looking at me...I feel an HR moment coming....

Well thanks, luluc! Glad to know I "fit" somewhere. Do you think more things will open for me after I get banded and lose weight??

Do you think more things will open for me after I get banded and lose weight??

loaded question:wink2:

i'm going to let plain answer this one - :lol:

You know, I can understand the validity of her question: Will my meds interfere with my contraception?

But....I don't get asking it here. She should be asking the doctor that - and not 4 1/2 weeks later!

Maybe if she'd said, "Anyone ever have this happen?" and then still consulted her doctor about her own personal choices, then that would be different.

Seeking that kind of advice here is poor planning, poorly - if at all- thought out, and just dumb.

I'm too tired to think, my head is like cement, I've dark circles under my eyes, and my memory is shot. QUOTE]

you sick taps?

Seeking that kind of advice here is poor planning, poorly - if at all- thought out, and just dumb.

I vote for just dumb.

thepoolgal fits in nicely here !!!!

welcome!

Wht she said!

you sick taps?

Insomnia. I have had maybe 6 hours sleep in total since 530 Monday morning. PJTP is about all I can handle today - even though I am at work.

I vote for just dumb.

I second that motion.

Now of course I'm humming, I second that emotion.....

Promised I would post pics of myself when I hit the 50% mark in my journey, so here they are...be nice! :lol:

The first pic is from Summer 2008 - before I was banded. Actually, it's before I had even made my first appointment...my how time flies!

The other two in the "scuba" dress - called that for obvious reasons - are from this morning. In fact, I liked the dress so much after I put it on for the pics that I wore it to work. Different shoes though - the black-and-white slingbacks are a little big since I lost the weight. They are only good if I don't have to walk very far in them...

I'm happy with my progress so far, but I still know I've got a ways to go...:)

Ebony you look great! I love the dress also.

A few weeks ago, a coworker grabbed me from behind and grabbed my fat, which was the THIRD TIME I've told her not to touch me. I don't like being touched.

Glou... you have warned her on numerous occasions. You done what you felt was the right thing to do. Yes I think the boss overreacted, but in his/her defense they have to think about possible sexual harrasment lawsuits. They don't know that you won't sue. But makes a person wonder about touchy woman because she keeps a lawyer on retainer. /QUOTE]

Just WAY too much to catch up on...and I haven't gone anywhere! I'm working on about 6 hours sleep since 6am Monday - I'm too tired to think, my head is like cement, I've dark circles under my eyes, and my memory is shot.

Tap so sorry your not sleeping. Do you have any idea why? I pray you get some tonight..

Welcome pool lady.

It's nice that we have 2 newbies in here and they fit so well!

It's 4pm and I haven't had a single pain pill today! Doing the happy dance.:lol:

happy bday beth!!

ebony - you look awesome!!!!

What she said! Are we related? I swear you look just like one of my aunts.

WHAT SHE SAID!!! :)

:ohmy:

Her too!

My boss is such a snarky witch!

TPG

I like you already!:lol:

welcome!

Exactly!:wink2:

loaded question:wink2:

i'm going to let plain answer this one - :)

Don't say his name!:lol:

No no no....don't let Plain answer...:)

Oh no, you said it too! Once more and he shall appear!:lol:

Insomnia. I have had maybe 6 hours sleep in total since 530 Monday morning. PJTP is about all I can handle today - even though I am at work.

I hope you are able to get some rest soon.

I second that motion.

Now of course I'm humming, I second that emotion.....

You had to say it. Now it's stuck in my head.

Happy Birthday Beth!:eek::thumbup:

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETH!!!! :)

Mine is Sunday!

our last y-chromosome cavity removal was a bottle of brut cologne

there was also the x-chromosome large deli dill pickle.

Oh My!! :lol:

were about to get a trauma patient in:

man was driving around with his dog - got out to pee along the side of the road - left dog in car - dog put car in gear and RAN OVER his owner!!!!

(note to self - be nice to your dog)

That is funny! Hope he's going to be ok tho.

*Ebony, you look AMAZING!!!!!

*Glouc, you did what you had to do. SHE messed up! NOT you!! It's all on her now.

[ATTACH]17293[/ATTACH]

If I did this right...here's stack one. I took this while she's on the phone giggling at something.

Oh. My. Goodness!

*Tap, I'm so sorry you're still not sleeping. I would recommend you go and buy some Melatonin (sp?). You can find it at any drug store. Heck I used to buy it at Wal Mart. It's what we produce when it's time for sleep. You're body clock is all messed up and you need to get it back on track ASAP. Taking Melatonin is a natural way of doing that. Take it by directions. Usually up to an hour or so before bed, it'll make you sleepy but you shouldn't wake up fuzzy or "hung over." I think the bottle I had said 1-2. I always start with 1 and it worked great! Take care of yourself!

welcome!

I agree!

I vote for just dumb.

I'll second that!

It's 4pm and I haven't had a single pain pill today! Doing the happy dance.:lol:[/size][/color]

WhooHoo!!!! Great news!

PJTP: I should be working too but I'm posting here instead! Got rid of 4 bags of books to the library. Sent off 2 boxes of DD's clothes to a friend. Her daughter is a year younger than mine and her DH is out of work and she's a SAHM. I've been sending her all of DD's clothes. I know I'd appreciate it and she's always so thankful. I know I could sell them but...

Also dropped of some veggies boxes to the farm drop-off and picked up supplements at the natural foods store and got some stuff in the mail. Then we went to the lake for lunch. Now we're doing laundry and I'm supposed to be working so I can get this stuff back to the office in a couple of hours. After that we'll head to the Farmer's Market and then come home so I can fix dinner. Whew!

Day's just about over already! What happened?!

Have a great afternoon/evening. I'll check back later!