Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Morning all!

WAY too many posts to quote and respond, so doing a Lu approach:

MJ and Farrah - yes, sad. But Ryan's proposal - he had been asking her many times for years -it wasn't a 'new' thing.

Botox - too afraid...it is after all something toxic injected into you AND its near the eyes...I don't do eyes!

Tatoo eyeliner - see above!

Fanny - repeat afterme: it will improve, it will improve

Glou - your wedding so do it your way (now of course I'm humming the tune)

Ebony - glad the neck is better

Kat - sorry about the death; the oneceremony sounded quite interesting. And nope, not getting old at all!

G4E - Congrats on the scale victory!

heartfire - sorry about the truck woes.

Did I miss anyone/any event? If so, mea culpa.

We've had a beautiful sunny hot week, and now that the weekend is almost here, they are calling for rain..........I'm gonna hold m my breath, and stomp my feet, and pummel the floor with my hands...I WANT SUNSHINE...I have gardening to do!!

The news is consumed with Jacksons death---and it is such idiocy! For years they talked with nothing but scorn (and I am not saying it was not deserved) about him, only mentioning his craziness etc. Now the anchors are all acting like he was their best friend, and they supported him always etc. He was such a good guy kind of talk...... Gimme a break!!!

At least maybe this give Farrah's family some privacy, and did not make such a circus of her death. Otherwise there would be reporters camped outside the prison where her son is, trying to get in!

I could not believe she was only on Charlies Angels one season! Wow!

Rainy looking day here----but it won't last. Just the unusual humidity will. We normally have temps in the high 90's to low 100's, but it is usually dry heat, with no humidity in sight. We don't run on refrigerated air, we use swamp coolers, and when the humidity hits, they are worthless. So it is gonna be a miserable day! My hair doubles in size!! LOL

Back before my cancer, my hair was straight. I knew how to deal with it---it was straight if it was sunny, straight if it was raining....it was just straight. Then when it fell out and come back--it is all kinds! Some straight, some wavy, and some REALLY curly! And if I walk past the bathroom when Rick is in the shower, and get a whiff of steam....POOF! Well this weather is acting the same way!!!

When we go to our place in TX---I french braid it, for simplicity!! But that is for puttering around the ranch, not work, I cannot do my own neat enough for work. So I put it in a twist, and I have like 2 hairs that are pulling and making me crazy!! Grrrrr

Guess I will go make some oatmeal, it will take me through the day. I work until 2---then I am done for a couple of days. We have tons of family coming in---so guess I will stay busy.

Take care!

Large metal boxes (for lack of better descriptive abilities!) with slatted sides, that hold pads usually made from excelsior (shredded curly wood---usually aspen) that Water is pumped up and dripped down over------and they surround a large squirrel cage type of fan---as it spins it pulls the cooled air from the water soaked pads and blows it into the house.

Work great when it is dry.....not so great when the air is wet too......

I think I would have to see it in action to appreciate it!

heck, i thought it was a summer cocktail......

*Fanny, hang in there!

*Congratulations, g4e!!!!!

*Lu, would he pay for mine? LOL!! J/K!!!

I LOVE my permanent eyeliner! Nice when it's hot too, doesn't smear! Most days I don't even wear makeup or I'll trow on some powder. Mascara sometimes.

Like the idea of the eyelashes!

*Tap, I'm sorry the weather refuses to cooperate with you!

*Kat, I get tired of the media. I think it's why I don't keep up with the news. Just get tired of the drama when there's no drama!

UGH! Swamp coolers and humidity are NOT good friends! Our last 2 places had swamps and they worked great in the right weather. Tho here, if it gets over 100, dry or not, they can't keep up even running 24hrs a day!

*Have a good day!

File:Evap cooler illustration.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This shows an image of one that would sit on your roof and be ducted into the house, like a regular AC. Or you can get ones that sit "sideways" and be installed in a window or wall. We've had both.

Most cases they're cheeper to run than an AC. All it uses is a little fan motor and small sump pump, like you'd find in a fountain. We have AC now and we're pretty efficient with it so our costs aren't too bad anyway. Our electric bills are usually around $60-90, depending on the time of year.

Edited by heartfire
grammar

Ebony: Any word yet?? It's another Friday... I keep hoping Fridays would be the day they would come to you.

I just called the attorney's office to find out what's going on. I e-mailed Thursday of last week and heard nothing. Today I ramped it up a bit and called. Had to leave a message. Ugh.

Ebony: Any word yet?? It's another Friday... I keep hoping Fridays would be the day they would come to you.

I just called the attorney's office to find out what's going on. I e-mailed Thursday of last week and heard nothing. Today I ramped it up a bit and called. Had to leave a message. Ugh.

Hi Beth!:biggrin:

No word yet - they did contact one of my references, and she sent me what she sent to them, but nothing else...I, like you, keep hoping Friday will be the day I get notice and get to give notice...

I was hoping to be in the first week of my two week's notice by now, but...oh well, I can TRY to be patient...:thumbup:

I'm glad you were proactive and called - I think I may send an email today before I leave work just asking what the status is and letting them know I'll be on vacation for the week after next...July 4 - 11 (work week July 6 - 10)...and I can't wait! :lol:

Good idea, Ebony! I don't remember when your last interview was, but wasn't it something like two weeks ago this coming Tuesday? Boy, they sure drag their bums, no?

I called and left a message saying I was told I would hear something by mid-week LAST week, and I'm trying to determine what route I need to take and would appreciate hearing something, even if it's "no."

Good idea, Ebony! I don't remember when your last interview was, but wasn't it something like two weeks ago this coming Tuesday? Boy, they sure drag their bums, no?

I called and left a message saying I was told I would hear something by mid-week LAST week, and I'm trying to determine what route I need to take and would appreciate hearing something, even if it's "no."

Yes, unfortunately, dragging the Buns is something that does happen in larger organizations. I thought since the position I'm after had been open for a while, they'd be fast-tracking the replacement, but I guess not...

The only other thing I can think of is that they are having trouble getting ahold of one of my referrers...one of them is a very busy doctor who might be difficult to pin down. He's a wonderful guy, but...maybe I'll check with his Admin Asst and see if she's heard anything...but then, if she had, she wouldn't be able to tell me :lol:

Guess I'll be on tenterhooks another weekend...:thumbup:

PJTP: I am such a tramp!

PJTP: I am such a tramp!

People have NOOOOO idea. I have proof. Video proof. It's making the rounds on the internet as we speak. In Germany. It's the only place that will accept such debauchery and shenanigans.