Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

If I stay in my marriage, I see it mimicking my mother's. :thumbup:

i'm sorry beth!

dh and i are going on vacation on thursday and i have no idea where we're going. he said i just needed 4 evening outfits the rest is shorts/tees/bathing suits. i kinda like the adventure.

ps - michelle hope your feeling better soon.

We fall somewhere in the middle. My DH likes to go places, but with us having our home here, and the place in TX, it seems like most of our travel revolves around keeping up with the property issues in TX, it is either time to shred the groves, or time to clean the pumps or time to sell cattle-----which bites big time!!! BUT some of the things, like the selling the cattle, will hopefully in the future allow us to travel more. We had a plan in place for him to retire in less than 10 years, then the market went to hell, and took a chunk of our retirement with it! So.....we will kind of play it by ear, and go from there, what else can ya do? We do not want to find ourselves in a predicament like my inlaws. My FIL was a self employeed consultant in the oilfield, who did relatively well for himself----and he saved for retirement. He just never ever expected inflation to hit like it did, nor did he think he would live this long-------so now he finds himself in a financial place he worries about money. So at 80+ years old, he is working again! Now some of it is financial, but he has a new lease on life being out among the oilfield people again. So even tho he has cleared the hurdle financially, he is unwilling to quit working again!

So while we vacation it is not on the scale I forsee when work is no longer involved!

My Dad watched several family men retire and die within months, never enjoying themselves -- and he took it to heart. He and my Mom do quite a bit. My Mom is not real active, she has severe fibromyalgia, and is stiff more often than not, but they go anyway! They just got back from a trip to Branson, and they stopped to see several groups of family for quick visits on the way back. They love Hawaii, and go pretty frequently. I told my Dad not to save his money for me to inherit, that if he doesn't get out there and blow that money, then when I get it I WILL!! LOL, he is more comfortable spending it, now knowing that we as adults have ourselves pretty well set as well.

Parents, guess they never quit worrying about us!

Susan, I see life simplifying for you a lot! Years ago, we moved into this house---which was in my family for the last 25 years or so, while we either looked for a new home, or decided on building. This house, I had bought from my parents when they were renting it out, then when we married, we rented it out. It is not a big house, just the standard 3 bedroom 1.5 bath. But when we moved back here from Denver, and sold there, it allowed us to pay this off. So living here was free and clear, so to say while we decided. The longer we were here, the more it become home. Now, we make some changes here, and we are discussing adding on another bedroom and bath-----with HUGE closets (my pet peeve with this home!)but only doing it and paying as we go. Having no mortgage is wonderful!

I think with losing that stress of the house costs, and you had to have been under stress as you realized your band was an issue, and now that too has been put behind you--and your weight will take care of itself now.....I see your stresses lessening in a HUGE way! Which will allow you to take a look at what you really want in your marriage, and whether you have that or not, without all the outside stresses you had before clouding the picture.

Have fun on your secret vacation Lu!!!

Oooh! With everyone who's been having employment troubles lately finally finding some light at the end of their tunnels, I think I can safely post this without being insensitive to other people's problems:

New job for me!!

After over 2 years at Argyle, I'm ready to move on and have secured a new 6 month contract based in Perth, so no more FlyIn/FlyOut after this swing! Argyle were offering more work after my current contract but they've been dithering about it for months, wouldn't put it in writing and were quibbling over my rates. I've been semi-looking for other work all year and got a reply last week to an application that I had put in a few months ago. I was on site at the time, so did a phone interview, which went well. They wanted to meet face-to-face, so I ended up doing the irl interview on the Tuesday morning before I flew to Broome in the afternoon (2/6/09). I got the word on over this weekend that I was successful and they want me to start before July.

This will be my last swing at Argyle - I'll miss the place a lot I think, but I'm really over FIFO and want to be home full time for the next 6 months at least, while I get this house thing sorted out (more delays there, ARGH!). I've now got to write to the people at Argyle that were offering me work but wouldn't commit in writing, to say "too late, you snooze, you lose!"

Anyways, as depressing as that all sounds, I am actually in quite a good mood. It is a relief to have finally worked things out with my husband, for us both to admit we need to basically start over both personally and financially and have a plan in place.

Not so depressing! Sounds like a good and feasable plan.

PJTP...I just got called to interview for one of the other jobs I applied for...Thursday at noon.

Great. They clearly want you out @ your current job.

I hate to even ask, but could there be something else at play here? Something more personal and ugly? :grouphug:

They're jealous of Ebony's blatant sexiness. And how could they not be? Have you seen her fb pics?

I'm VERY psyched about this. I don't believe in fate, per se, but I DO believe in divine intervention and things happening for a reason. Had I been even a minute sooner or a minute later, I wouldn't have bumped into him. The pay I quoted is about $10,000 more a year than the job I was there to interview for, his office is closer to my home (and I swear to God just a stone's throw away from my LB doctor's office), about a mile from where ColoradoChick works, and he knows me and what I can do -- which, in THIS economy, may be what makes or breaks people in getting jobs. I have to sell myself, but not to the degree of selling oneself to people you don't know.

Wear your lowest cut blouse. Couldn't hurt.

I get salmon at costco and throw it in ziplock bags with Bernsteins Restaurant Italian or cheese Fantastico Salad Dressing.

Then I saute it in a pan on the stove with some Water, butter, and all of the salad dressing.

It is delicious and my kids gobble it down too. Once word of caution - I cook it up the same day that I buy it, or the next day. Otherwise its starts smelling fishy which we all dislike.

If I have a lemon around, I squeeze it on it while its sauteing in the pan, and my daughter likes it squeezed on after its cooked.

Ingredients: Salmon, salad dressing,lemon, butter

Prep time: Two minutes to rinse the raw salmon and put it with the salad dressing in the morning.

10 minutes to cook it up in the pan, my normal cook time is three minutes per side for medium thick. If the middle is very thick (at Costco that happens), I slice off the thinner portions when done and let the thicker slices stay in an extra two minutes or so per side.

Once its cooked, we eat on it for three days.

Hells Yeah!!We all got trumped!

Hi folks, I'm back!! Got home from Broome at midday today, home just long enough to unpack my holiday suitcase and repack with work clothes, have one cup of coffee and then off back to the airport and back to Argyle.

What a great week - weather was perfect, the room was great, the sunsets were fabulous... did all the fun things - got my camel ride, got nekkid on the beach with my man, went fishing, went ocean kayaking, went up to Windjanna Gorge and saw more crocodiles

The classic sunset pic (not us, couple in front of us):

SunsetChris.jpg

The beach:

CableBeach01.jpg

CableBeach03.jpg

CableBeach07.jpg

Lugger4.jpg

Frog on the mirror in the bathroom!!

Frog2.jpg

Crab holes in the sand:

CrabHoles3.jpg

How come there are no naked people on the beach?!?

How come there are no naked people on the beach?!?

LOL - the nekkid part of the beach was further up, past a bunch of rocks and taking photos of the nekkid people is considered VERY bad manners! :) You'll just have to content yourself with thoughts of my nekkid boobies floating in the salt water... :grouphug: (I LOVE how boobies float!!)

Edited by Fanny Adams

Oooh! With everyone who's been having employment troubles lately finally finding some light at the end of their tunnels, I think I can safely post this without being insensitive to other people's problems:

Not insensitive at all! I like that we share good times and bad around here. CONGRATS, Fanny!!! :grouphug:

They're jealous of Ebony's blatant sexiness. And how could they not be? Have you seen her fb pics?

Um, no! FB? Ebony? I don't gots no FB face time! :)

Wear your lowest cut blouse. Couldn't hurt.

Then the tat hangs out and looks just a bit TOO slutty. :grouphug:

New job for me!!

Congrats Fanny!!! And don't ever apologize for having good news! We always want to hear good news!

Fanny - glad I dropped by to see your gorgeous pics!!!

Yea, you need to be stopping by more often! LOL! Where ya been?

LOL - the nekkid part of the beach was further up, past a bunch of rocks and taking photos of the nekkid people is considered VERY bad manners! :) You'll just have to content yourself with thoughts of my nekkid boobies floating in the salt water... :grouphug: (I LOVE how boobies float!!)

Ummm, yea, that would be a little creepy. Of course the comment DID come from Plain! LOL!

If I remember right, g4e has an interview sometime Tuesday. Best wishes on your interview, g4e!!! Knock 'em dead!

Thanks, Lu. I'll feel better by the weekend. I'll probably cluster Migraine for a few days and then be fine. I just hate when this happens. Knocks me off my feet and yet I still have to function somehow. And thank GOD for spell check b/c I can't spell for shit right now! Fingers and brain aren't on the same page! I have payroll taxes to post this week too. Should be fun! DH should be home tomorrow for a couple of days, so he'll take over with DD so that will help.

Off to bed. 'Night all.

If I stay in my marriage, I see it mimicking my mother's. :thumbup:

Beth I am so sorry. Prayers are with you.

i'm sorry beth!

dh and i are going on vacation on thursday and i have no idea where we're going. he said i just needed 4 evening outfits the rest is shorts/tees/bathing suits. i kinda like the adventure.

ps - michelle hope your feeling better soon.

Oh sounds like so much fun Lulu!

Yes get feeling better.

We had a plan in place for him to retire in less than 10 years, then the market went to hell, and took a chunk of our retirement with it! So.....we will kind of play it by ear, and go from there, what else can ya do? We do not want to find ourselves in a predicament like my inlaws. My FIL was a self employeed consultant in the oilfield, who did relatively well for himself----and he saved for retirement. He just never ever expected inflation to hit like it did, nor did he think he would live this long-------so now he finds himself in a financial place he worries about money. So at 80+ years old, he is working again! Now some of it is financial, but he has a new lease on life being out among the oilfield people again. So even tho he has cleared the hurdle financially, he is unwilling to quit working again!

Well hopefully things will get back on track for you and your husband with his retirement. It is good your FIL is doing good now.

My Dad watched several family men retire and die within months, never enjoying themselves -- and he took it to heart. He and my Mom do quite a bit. My Mom is not real active, she has severe fibromyalgia, and is stiff more often than not, but they go anyway! They just got back from a trip to Branson, and they stopped to see several groups of family for quick visits on the way back. They love Hawaii, and go pretty frequently. I told my Dad not to save his money for me to inherit, that if he doesn't get out there and blow that money, then when I get it I WILL!! LOL, he is more comfortable spending it, now knowing that we as adults have ourselves pretty well set as well.

This is wonderful that they are up and going. My parents did as much as they could with health issues. They always did love traveling.

Parents, guess they never quit worrying about us!

You are so right about this!

I think with losing that stress of the house costs, and you had to have been under stress as you realized your band was an issue, and now that too has been put behind you--and your weight will take care of itself now.....I see your stresses lessening in a HUGE way! Which will allow you to take a look at what you really want in your marriage, and whether you have that or not, without all the outside stresses you had before clouding the picture.

What she said!

Have fun on your secret vacation Lu!!!

New job for me!!

After over 2 years at Argyle, I'm ready to move on and have secured a new 6 month contract based in Perth, so no more FlyIn/FlyOut after this swing! Argyle were offering more work after my current contract but they've been dithering about it for months, wouldn't put it in writing and were quibbling over my rates. I've been semi-looking for other work all year and got a reply last week to an application that I had put in a few months ago. I was on site at the time, so did a phone interview, which went well. They wanted to meet face-to-face, so I ended up doing the irl interview on the Tuesday morning before I flew to Broome in the afternoon (2/6/09). I got the word on over this weekend that I was successful and they want me to start before July.

This will be my last swing at Argyle - I'll miss the place a lot I think, but I'm really over FIFO and want to be home full time for the next 6 months at least, while I get this house thing sorted out (more delays there, ARGH!). I've now got to write to the people at Argyle that were offering me work but wouldn't commit in writing, to say "too late, you snooze, you lose!"

Fanny that is not being insensitive. You have wonderful news, SHARE it! LOL. Congratulations on the job Fanny. Love the pics. of course the frog is the most popular one!

If I remember right, g4e has an interview sometime Tuesday. Best wishes on your interview, g4e!!! Knock 'em dead!

Thanks heart! It is at 2 today. It may not be the greatest job, but it is a job and they know about my health issues and I will need surgeries. That means a lot. So I am thankful for any of the prayers that I get to get this job. Especially knowing I really can't do the other job with my back the way it is.

Awesome job Mac.

Good morning everyone Hopefully I will be able to let you know about the job later. if I still have my phone package. I am still trying to find some help with that one. If not I will try to post asap. Good luck Ebony and Beth on your interviews! I pray you get these great jobs. Take care, enjoy your vacations, good luck on the moves and buying / selling homes! I think I covered everything. If I have missed anyone I am sorry.

Blessings

Fanny, congrats on the new job. Everyone else, I am pulling for you and hoping for nothing but the best on your interviews.

I am home sick today. I don't know if it was something I ate or what, but have been up all night sick and feel just lousy.

Drive-by PJTP...

Fanny - AWESOME pics - love the frog, too, along with everyone else...and congrats on the new job! :wub:

Plain - I think I love you, darling...thanks for the compliment! It couldn't have come at a better time...:eek:

Beth - that is Providence working in your favor, girlfriend! I pray you get that job...and he'll be blessed to have you! You deserve nothing less than the best...:wub:

G4E - good luck with the job - and the upcoming surgeries. I pray your full recovery and lots of financial blessings...:)

Heartfire - thanks for the virtual kick in the pants...I think I needed that! :thumbup:

Tap - miss you much, my friend...though I know you won't see this until you return, I hope your trip was at least a LITTLE fun!

Lulu - the mystery trip sounds like fun! I hope to do some of that once my DD goes off to school, because there will just be me, DH and the dog! :lol:

Glouc - how wonderful! I am constantly lusting after the HGTV dream homes, so now I can live the dream through you! I hope it all works out better than you could have imagined...

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry!

Job interview moved to 4 pm - I don't mind, I get to end my day on a HIGH note, and the interviewer now feels like she owes me one for being gracious about rescheduling. Keep the good thoughts / prayers / nekkid dancing (LOL Beth!) / sun salutations / incantations and rituals coming...I can use it all! :wub::w00t::tt2: