Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Well guess what I have another job interview on Tuesday.

Well, heck! Aren't you the Queen's Bee?! LOL! Best wishes on this one too! Prayers that it goes well!!!!

heartfire-I hope things turn around for your DH's pay. I know all about the childcare situation. The amounts most daycare centers charge are dreadful.

Thanks. I'm sure we'll be ok, it's just going to be tight and it's a little scary. Puts me back to the days when he'd get laid off as a seasonal and we were living on next to nothing. Back then we didn't OWN anything tho! Or have a kid!

DD starts summer preschool in a week, 3 days a week, 3 1/2 hrs a day. That alone is going to cost $100 a month for 2 months. DH is working overtime this weekend so it's covered now. Then it's on to regular preschool in Sept. That's a little less at $75 a month, 2 days a week, 2 1/2 hrs a day. The summer session came up unexpectedly but we'd already planned for the Fall start.

Prayers for you too Heartfire.

Thank you!

but are going to be coming to our house! That's it, DH...just add to my joy for Saturday as now I need to up the cleaning ante!

Ummm, STAYING at the house? Hope not! You make me tired Tap! LOL! I'd love to learn to quilt but don't know that I have the patience for it!

heading to the gym to spin the margaritas out of me - note to self: don't weigh yourself the morning after, puts ya in a pissy mood...:blushing:

Next time put the scale away BEFORE you leave the house that evening! LOL!

I have so much stuff I need to do today, but woke up, my lovely monthly visitor had arrived, I have a massive headache and feel just blah. Something tells me I am going to accomplish nothing. Oh well.

UGH! So sorry! I've been feeling crappy all week and realized I'm PMSing even tho I'm on Depo. I hate PMS! The Migraines seem to be trying to start tonight. Yea for me! :lol: I sure hope you feel better soon!

Is it just me, or does it seem like some "force" out there is trying to teach some of us how to appreciate less?

Nah, you're not alone in your thinking. We're getting a lesson learnin' right now! I'm thinking that there's a lotta learnin' needin' to be done! World's going to hell in a handbasket it seems.

PBing for the second time in three days on crab. The first time I thought it was me. Now I think it's the crab. :lol:

Ouch! So sorry! Take it easy and be careful.

....grumble grumble.

Grumble away! I'd be grumbling too!

Did you ever get a chance to spend a little time in the garden? Sure hope so!

Have a safe trip!!!

-- but I'm going out for a girl's night for dinner and a movie here in just a little bit.

Have fun! Be as gentle as you can with your poor tummy!

PJTP: Went to a potluck - celebration - party - thing at church today. Pastor has been at the church for 25 years. It was fun. They "roasted" him and that was pretty funny too. He's a good guy and deserved all of it today!

Rained again tonight. It was sunny this AM and we got out for a walk.

Feel like crap and headed to bed shortly. Night all!

Morning all! I'm already suffering LBT withdrawal, and I haven't gone yet!!! :thumbup: Soon though...just getting my caffeine in before I leave.

I can't imagine the multi-quote I'm going to do to keep up when I get back..........for the job seekers, I hope you are all successful; for those with relationship strains, may they be resolved in a positive way; for those gardening, happy digging; for those at a plateau, I hope you shatter it in this next week; for those exercising - keep at it; for those looking for a fish recipe, try a cooking forum!:thumbup:

Ciao, faewell, adios, adieu...until I post again.

Be safe Tap. Maybe you will get some band friendly food while there. Still glad I am NOT the one sitting in the meetings! LOL

Morning everyone have a blessed Sunday.

for those looking for a fish recipe, try a cooking forum!:thumbup:

Made me laugh out loud!

Have as fun a time as you can, and we'll keep the lights on for ya. :thumbup:

:thumbup: I just PM'd Tap to let her know what page we were on when she left! She'll have a little message in her box, letting her know what page she needs to start on to try to catch up with us for the week! Aren't I helpful? :(

Actually, I shouldn't be laughing so hard. I always forget what page we were on when I was last on. I always just click on "last page" and look at the date and time of the first post at the top of the page to see if I need to go back a page or two, [or three, or four or...] or can just scroll down to where I left off before reading on!

Quiet day today. Went to church. DD and I met DH and his crew for lunch at the lake afterwards, then came home. Gotta get a load of laundry in [yuck!] and start a veggie Soup recipe that I'm making for dinner.< /p>

Migraine never got full-born last night but I'm working on another one today. I'll be in to my meds here shortly, then be clustering for the next few days! Oh joy! And just in time for mid-month IRS payroll tax deposit time! Yeah me! :thumbup:

Okay, gotta get that laundry in the washer then get in the kitchen and start chopping veggies!

"See" ya!

PJTP - Morning everyone! :thumbup: It's hot here today and I had the a/c on this morning on the way to work. Summer's here!

I can't FB this, cuz DH has a friend who reads up on my page and then will call DH about EVERYTHING I post. And, DH is a bit more private than I am and would rather his friends at work not know this.

So...what we did last night that I was OMG'ing about was sign papers to have a house built. We gave our earnest money and are waiting approval. It's a huge house and we'd have to wait a couple years for the pool that we want. Our own house hasn't sold yet, so we're trying to get a contingency loan or a 2nd loan (ha!)....so I'm nervous about it. I really don't think we'll get approved....it's kind of like saying, "Here I am - reject me, please! I love the pain!"

We did have a buyer for our house and a contract on another, but the buyer's lending fell through and our time expired on the contract for our house. The house we really wanted got another buyer the same day our contract was up - go figure, since it had been on the market for SIX months before this.

This house crap is making me stressed, which makes me pb on EVERYTHING.

I've been sipping the same slimfast for an hour and I'm not 1/2 way through it yet.

I've been on a liquid diet...yesterday I opted for wine for dinner. :) Much more tasty than the slimfast, but not very good for Breakfast on a Monday. Friday, now...that's a different story.

Hi folks, I'm back!! Got home from Broome at midday today, home just long enough to unpack my holiday suitcase and repack with work clothes, have one cup of coffee and then off back to the airport and back to Argyle.

What a great week - weather was perfect, the room was great, the sunsets were fabulous... did all the fun things - got my camel ride, got nekkid on the beach with my man, went fishing, went ocean kayaking, went up to Windjanna Gorge and saw more crocodiles (Chris's first ones in the wild!), took some great pics! Haven't uploaded all the pics yet, but here's a few to give you a taste...

The classic sunset pic (not us, couple in front of us):

SunsetChris.jpg

The beach:

CableBeach01.jpg

CableBeach03.jpg

CableBeach07.jpg

Lugger4.jpg

Frog on the mirror in the bathroom!!

Frog2.jpg

Crab holes in the sand:

CrabHoles3.jpg

Edited by Fanny Adams
moved frog pic, fixed link

i love the frog pic fanny!

glouc - i saw your FB msg & wondered but was too tired to be online last night. hope it alll works out for ya!..

Tap, have a great trip! Glouc, will keep my fingers crossed for you. Fanny, the pictures are great. I love the frog!

Beth, I hear what you are saying. We bought this house thinking it was our dream home. We didn't think about property taxes, homeowners insurance or the fact that it is 30 years old and would start nickle and diming us to death. The place is huge, way more than is needed for just three people. Every penny we make goes into it and leaves nothing for anything else. While we are going to miss it, hubby and I also feel like a huge load has been lifted from our shoulders. We plan to stay in the apartment until dd graduates, and then figure out what we want to do from there.

Beth, I hear what you are saying. We bought this house thinking it was our dream home. We didn't think about property taxes, homeowners insurance or the fact that it is 30 years old and would start nickle and diming us to death. The place is huge, way more than is needed for just three people. Every penny we make goes into it and leaves nothing for anything else. While we are going to miss it, hubby and I also feel like a huge load has been lifted from our shoulders. We plan to stay in the apartment until dd graduates, and then figure out what we want to do from there.

That sounds fantastic, Susan!! I think dream houses only truly work when we can afford them... and most people I know (myself included) have dreams of dream homes that we can't afford. Otherwise they wouldn't be "dream homes." lol

I think once you have money to save and play with, you're right, a HUGE load will vaporize. When we are forced to work our asses off just to pay the bills, something is wrong. DH is such that if he had his way, we would pay bills and never spend another dime. Nuh-uh, not me. I may not do much, but I WILL have some entertainment. I'd love vacations, but those are few and far between. I am not a live-for-today kind of person, but I am NOT a save-it-ALL-for-tomorrow either. Because knowing him, he will be EXACTLY like my father who was all about saving for retirement, only to sit on his ass day in and day out. He's been retired going on 10 years and they haven't done squat. :thumbup:

So...what we did last night that I was OMG'ing about was sign papers to have a house built. We gave our earnest money and are waiting approval. It's a huge house and we'd have to wait a couple years for the pool that we want. Our own house hasn't sold yet, so we're trying to get a contingency loan or a 2nd loan (ha!)....so I'm nervous about it. I really don't think we'll get approved....it's kind of like saying, "Here I am - reject me, please! I love the pain!"

This house crap is making me stressed, which makes me pb on EVERYTHING.

So scary but so exciting! I sure hope it all works out well for you! Hey, maybe you'll get another buyer, that's PRE-APPROVED and be able to move forward, without the extra hoops!

Don't go too long with the PB'ing. Be careful, 'k? Think about a slight unfill til this all gets resolved. Too much stress and a tight band do not make make for good things! :))

Let us know what happens! Prayers!!

Haven't uploaded all the pics yet, but here's a few to give you a taste...

Oh my gosh! Beautiful pics, Fanny! Welcome back!

While we are going to miss it, hubby and I also feel like a huge load has been lifted from our shoulders. We plan to stay in the apartment until dd graduates, and then figure out what we want to do from there.

I think your plans sound wonderful and will make life SO much easier for you both!

Because knowing him, he will be EXACTLY like my father who was all about saving for retirement, only to sit on his ass day in and day out. He's been retired going on 10 years and they haven't done squat. :thumbup:

UGH! What the hell is the point if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor???!!! He probably worked so hard for so long that he just can't figure out how to have fun so he does nothing. Very sad!

PJTP: I feel like crap.

He's been retired going on 10 years and they haven't done squat. :thumbup:

that's a shame.

my parents have been retired for a while now - and i never know where they are next. while growing up they did quite a bit of travel - overseas, but hadn't really touched much of the US.

while they have a sm. ranch in FL, my dad bought a winnebago comfortable for my mom to "rough it" & they get to have their 2 sm dogs on board. i love getting an email from mom that' they are up in maine or in colorado and will be stopping thru on their way home. hubby wants to do the same thing, but i have creature of comforts issues....ie - my BED:)

dh and i have a go to cash philosophy. meaning since i've stopped working, i've not used a credit card...thankfully i've learned a bit more of the meaning of the buck & frugality.

i'm ready for the bull mkt again..:)