Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ebony-I am so sorry that they are doing this to you. I can say this, from what I gather from your posts, you are MORE than capable of ,not only meeting the challenges of this job, you can and (I am sure) will surpass them. You can rise above that b*tchy boss that is obviously trying to push you out the door. Don't let her win this one.

Thanks, Slim - I really needed to hear that...

Ebony, that is horrible. It almost sounds like the manager has a personal vendetta against you that has nothing to do with your job performance.

I tend to agree, Susan - I can't think of a single thing I've done that would merit this kind of treatment...that said, I'm going to hack it out and do my best. I'm feeling a little fatalistic right now - if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but it won't be because I didn't give it my ALL!

G4E, as mentioned on Facebook, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. You are definitely in my thoughts.

Same here...

My hubby and I are doing better. I was on the verge of leaving. But, we finally sat down and really talked things through one night. We were up until 3:00 a.m. But, it was worth it, because we are doing so much better now. The bad news is we have agreed we need to get out of our beloved home as quickly as possible. He is a GM employee and things are not looking good for him. Between the mortgage, taxes and homeowners insurance, we simply cannot afford our home anymore. Damn this economy!! So, we have someone willing to take the home off of our hands and we are going to be moving into an apartment by the end of the month. This will take a lot of stress off of us, because money has been a huge issue for us. Plus, the house is 30 years old and starting to need a lot of major repairs like new drain field, new AC unit, etc., things we just don't have the money for right now.

Anyways, as depressing as that all sounds, I am actually in quite a good mood. It is a relief to have finally worked things out with my husband, for us both to admit we need to basically start over both personally and financially and have a plan in place.

Gosh, Susan - makes my work drama seems much less important...I'm glad you and your hubby are on the same page and that you're willing to start over TOGETHER. I pray everything works out the way you want it to...it would really crush me to lose my home right now, with everything else that's going on. My nephew is a Chrysler employee and has been off work for a while - luckily for them, they are living in my family's home in Detroit and don't have a mortgage to deal with.

This economy is such a killer right now...I hope it turns around for ALL of us really soon...:biggrin:

PJTP...

I'll see what the next few weeks bring - I am still looking for other positions within the company, but with the recent layoffs in other areas, those folks have first crack at open jobs - as it should be.

I'll continue to try and talk to my manager - figure out what they want and give it to them - but if they aren't willing to be CLEAR about their expectations, I don't see how I can possibly be successful here.

I think I'm giving good effort, but it's obviously not enough. They actually admitted yesterday that they want the statistics to be "perfect" that there is no room for error.

Oh Ebony, I am sorry for your situation. At what kind of dysfunctional weird organization expects 'perfection'? I sincerely hope a new opportunity presents itself to you, and that you can get out of there!! Until then, keep strong.

ugh, death by slides....

do you have a blackberry/iphone - can least google/do lbt/fb while getting bored to death..:biggrin:??!

:biggrin::lol: Nope - remember, I'm the luddite - no b'berry/cell. I will just drink lots of coffee, and try to make the gray matter absorb all the useful information.

Ebony-I am so sorry that they are doing this to you. I can say this, from what I gather from your posts, you are MORE than capable of ,not only meeting the challenges of this job, you can and (I am sure) will surpass them. You can rise above that b*tchy boss that is obviously trying to push you out the door. Don't let her win this one.

What she said!!

My hubby and I are doing better. I was on the verge of leaving. But, we finally sat down and really talked things through one night. The bad news is we have agreed we need to get out of our beloved home as quickly as possible. He is a GM employee and things are not looking good for him. Between the mortgage, taxes and homeowners insurance, we simply cannot afford our home anymore. we are going to be moving into an apartment by the end of the month. This will take a lot of stress off of us,

I am actually in quite a good mood. It is a relief to have finally worked things out with my husband, for us both to admit we need to basically start over both personally and financially and have a plan in place.

Susan - I am so very happy that you and your husband are working things through. And as much as you love your home, it is a 'thing'...and things are not as important as people and our relationships. It will be difficult, you will have your 'moments', but your attitude is good, and you will get through this.

taps - you crack me up "grey matter" :biggrin:

ebony - i really hope something opens up for you, i know for me the most impossible thing to do is "smile" when i'd like to smack the arrogance out of someone. hard place to be.....on the upside it's FRIDAY!!!

G4E - i posted on FB, hope one of the jobs pans out today for ya!

susan - very glad about the spousal unit situation.!.

wow - this has been a crazy wk for the pjtp group. lots of extra thoughts/prayers needed......glad i can come here!

G4e - I am so sorry you are struggling with these issues; I sincerely hope something turns for the good for you - SOON!!!

Thanks Tap

Morning all! I'm on the countdown to a week of LBT absence - I leave on Sunday for a conference and shall be computerless. That, and the days are scheduled from 730/8am to 8/9 pm each day...with all meals catered. It's going to be a tough week to find band-friendly foods, time to exercise, and a sanity break from the presentations etc. Oh well, I won't start worrying on it yet - I have today and tomorrow to get through first!

Have a good day all.

Ya know as bad as I need a job, I am glad I am not you right now. :wink2:I can do meetings that are 3-4 hrs long, but power meetings make me very antsy and BORED! I can't sit still.I have a hard time being still in short meetings.

PJTP...

G4E - you are in my prayers...what's going on with me seems like a trivial drop in the bucket compared to what you are dealing with. I pray your full recovery...it stinks that you have to deal with this, but it's great that you have us!

Ebony, I don't think what you are going through as trivial. We each have our trials and tribulations, but they are no less important or upsetting to us than what anyone else is going though. They are just different. I am in a better frame of mind today and back to where I am supposed to be with my faith. It is in the Lord's hands now. I will let him guide me. Doesn't mean I won't get off track through this but I will always get back on.

My prayers are with you hon for peace of mind. Sounds like not only does she have a personnel issue, she is taking it out on you. She is playing mind games. Don't let her play the mind games. She knows she is getting under your skin, so she's gonna turn up the heat. Keep a mantra handy or a bible verse handy to repeat to yourself when she starts to get to you. just repeat it over and over. Try never to speak to her without a witness if possible.

G4E, as mentioned on Facebook, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. You are definitely in my thoughts.

Anyways, as depressing as that all sounds, I am actually in quite a good mood. It is a relief to have finally worked things out with my husband, for us both to admit we need to basically start over both personally and financially and have a plan in place.

Thank you Susan. I am glad you and hubby are doing so good. Also that you both have a good outlook on the apartment. Good luck with it all.

I agree with what slim says Ebony.

I am getting ready to go out job hunting. Just pray I can last till I fill out the last application since I am not taking any pain meds. I felt great when I woke up. Was actually pain free, then I moved!:biggrin: I had slept till 8:30 this morning. I don't sleep late so this was nice.Have a nice day every one. Blessings to all. THANK YOU ALL for being here for me. You don't know how much it means to me.

PJTP...I just got called to interview for one of the other jobs I applied for...Thursday at noon.

Send up the good thoughts / prayers / positive energy! I'm so happy I could scream!!!!!:biggrin:

Of course, I haven't got the job yet, but I'm hopeful, which is more than I could say an hour ago!:biggrin::lol::thumbup:

Morning all! I'm on the countdown to a week of LBT absence - I leave on Sunday for a conference and shall be computerless. That, and the days are scheduled from 730/8am to 8/9 pm each day...with all meals catered. It's going to be a tough week to find band-friendly foods, time to exercise, and a sanity break from the presentations etc. Oh well, I won't start worrying on it yet - I have today and tomorrow to get through first!

Meeh, just think of it as a week away at Disneyland... without all the rides... or the fun... or the crowds... or the silly music... or the lines... or Mickey... or... :biggrin:

I laid out my responses to their verbal / written reprimand, and they immediately started defending their conduct. Then the HR person said they were just "examples" and not an all-inclusive list of their concerns. WTF? Why can't they just be up front and straightforward...why the cloak-and-dagger games?

Because they don't have anything truly legitimate against you. Their response to you and the games all but prove this.

Anyway - my union rep asked them point blank if they want me to stay...the big boss said yes, the HR rep said yes if I can perform the job to their standards, my manager said nothing. Not sure really what that means, except that they have not, to my mind, made their expectations clear, so I'm not sure how I can ever fulfill them.

What this tells me is that the ONLY issue you have there is with your manager. If upper management wants you to stay, and the HR rep also wants you to stay, and your manager simply stayed silent, to me that says that your only issue is with her. Now, that doesn't mean that she can't work on the others and convince them that you need to go, but it sounds like the stink is rising from the bottom.

My manager took offense at the fact that I said the difficult relationship between her and I is creating an adversarial work relationship. She admits to "having no patience" but seemed to imply I was taking her behavior too personally...not quite sure how I want to feel about that.

How could you NOT take it personally when it's directed at you, her expectations are vague, and she keeps you walking on pins and needles?? It's not like she is even CLEAR about what is expected of you, which is the LEAST she owes you! If she wants you to perform a particular way, gee, I think it would be great to know what "that way" is. I believe if you knew, you would all but move heaven and earth to do it. And it's too late now, but it might have been great if you could have said something like that (maybe you did).

Nothing was said about anything I do RIGHT - just all the things they see I need to improve on. I got no sense that they are truly "invested" in me.

Omg, that was like the biotch who took over my boss's position where I was. I would keep up with STACKS of work, VOLUMES of things, and she would come around with a memo to us (myself and the other worker who did what I did and had volumes of work) saying we were required to keep up with our SHREDDING. :biggrin:

I'll continue to try and talk to my manager - figure out what they want and give it to them - but if they aren't willing to be CLEAR about their expectations, I don't see how I can possibly be successful here.

GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!!

Did I say GET IT IN WRITING?? :biggrin:

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, folks - I really needed them and still need them now. I'm a bit of a mess this morning - frustrated and teary - which is really not like me. I told them that in my 30-plus year work history, I've never experienced anything like this. I've never had any supervisor / manager be this dissatisfied with my work product and I admit I don't really know what to do about it.

HUGE hugs to you, Ebony. I know how hard it is to work in a job where you're not appreciated, you feel like you're under a microscope, and you have a manager who shouldn't be allowed to run a Taco Bell. :thumbup:

I think I'm giving good effort, but it's obviously not enough. They actually admitted yesterday that they want the statistics to be "perfect" that there is no room for error. That is one of my charges to myself - figure out a way to automate the darn things so I don't have to create them manually - that will eliminate chance for error, especially if I can do it with THEIR rules for creation.

Was it THEY who wanted perfect statistics, or was it the manager? And who there gives a PERFECT work product??? Does your MANAGER?? I doubt it.

I hate to even ask, but could there be something else at play here? Something more personal and ugly? :tt1:

Ebony, that is horrible. It almost sounds like the manager has a personal vendetta against you that has nothing to do with your job performance.

My hubby and I are doing better. I was on the verge of leaving. But, we finally sat down and really talked things through one night. We were up until 3:00 a.m. But, it was worth it, because we are doing so much better now. The bad news is we have agreed we need to get out of our beloved home as quickly as possible. He is a GM employee and things are not looking good for him. Between the mortgage, taxes and homeowners insurance, we simply cannot afford our home anymore. Damn this economy!! So, we have someone willing to take the home off of our hands and we are going to be moving into an apartment by the end of the month. This will take a lot of stress off of us, because money has been a huge issue for us. Plus, the house is 30 years old and starting to need a lot of major repairs like new drain field, new AC unit, etc., things we just don't have the money for right now.

Omg, that's all GREAT, Susan! I hope and pray it all goes well for you.

My family is based out of Detroit. I don't even want to think about what this all means for them. One cousin is in middle management with GM, and my sister's and her husband's jobs both really hinge on the economy there. :biggrin:

:biggrin::lol: Nope - remember, I'm the luddite - no b'berry/cell. I will just drink lots of coffee, and try to make the gray matter absorb all the useful information.

Take crossword puzzles. Fun AND fills the gray matter. :biggrin:

Neither one of us wanted to be in that relationship anymore I just was the 1st to admit it and now he's acting all hurt and pissed because I moved out...

Oh, okay. I haven't been keeping up with Facebook either.

And the other message I wanted to respond to didn't multiquote and I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, they laid off 300 people at work. Only 12 in my division, none in our group, but 241 in the division we work very closely with and used to belong to. Lots and lots of long-timers who really know the code base were let go too.

Because they don't have anything truly legitimate against you. Their response to you and the games all but prove this.

Thanks, Beth - what you say is absolutely true. That, and the fact that it took them an entire YEAR to come up with this stuff...I think it speaks to my manager's dislike of confrotation - though, since she was an attorney, I would think she'd be used to it, and good at it.

What this tells me is that the ONLY issue you have there is with your manager. If upper management wants you to stay, and the HR rep also wants you to stay, and your manager simply stayed silent, to me that says that your only issue is with her. Now, that doesn't mean that she can't work on the others and convince them that you need to go, but it sounds like the stink is rising from the bottom.

Perceptive woman you...I think somehow she is threatened by me...not sure why. I was hoping we could be that 'united front' and work together, but not so. She is a WLS patient - gastric bypass - and was helpful during my initial stages of information seeking. She's from Trinidad (parents in New York, very proud of her) and has a top-notch work ethic. I could have learned a LOT from her, I think - and vice-versa - if the personality thing wasn't so difficult.

How could you NOT take it personally when it's directed at you, her expectations are vague, and she keeps you walking on pins and needles?? It's not like she is even CLEAR about what is expected of you, which is the LEAST she owes you! If she wants you to perform a particular way, gee, I think it would be great to know what "that way" is. I believe if you knew, you would all but move heaven and earth to do it. And it's too late now, but it might have been great if you could have said something like that (maybe you did).

Have I told you lately how much I :cursing: you, Beth? Yes - those are all points I wish I could have made yesterday...I am on pins and needles around her - I find myself carefully measuring every single word, my tone of voice, my body posture, etc. She is obviously threatened by me for some reason, yet if she would have allowed me to be, I would have been her strongest advocate.

Omg, that was like the biotch who took over my boss's position where I was. I would keep up with STACKS of work, VOLUMES of things, and she would come around with a memo to us (myself and the other worker who did what I did and had volumes of work) saying we were required to keep up with our SHREDDING. :eek:

That's exactly what's going on - nothing said about what I'm doing RIGHT, only what I'm doing WRONG. If you are familiar with the DISC personality system, she is a High C (detail-oriented, works by systems, rules, procedures) and quite a bit passive-aggressive.

GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!! GET IT IN WRITING!!

Did I say GET IT IN WRITING?? :thumbup:

ROFLMBO...gotcha, girlfriend! :tt1:

HUGE hugs to you, Ebony. I know how hard it is to work in a job where you're not appreciated, you feel like you're under a microscope, and you have a manager who shouldn't be allowed to run a Taco Bell. :)

It's tough...I've got years of experience that this department could benefit from, but they aren't getting it because of their insistence on nit-picking. They are getting ready to go paperless with their applications, and I could help with that, but why? I am going to do my best for whatever time I have left here, but I'm not going to knock myself out for people who obviously don't appreciate what I am doing.

Thanks again, Beth for all the support - it makes me feel much better to know that I'm not crazy...at least not about this...:cursing:

Was it THEY who wanted perfect statistics, or was it the manager? And who there gives a PERFECT work product??? Does your MANAGER?? I doubt it.

I hate to even ask, but could there be something else at play here? Something more personal and ugly? :cursing:

My other friend here thinks that's part of it...that it is indeed personal, and yes, ugly. She believe that because we are both WLS patients, my boss is unwilling to share the "limelight"...she's lost over 80 lbs and looks good, but now that people are noticing my losses, she may be threatened by that.

There's also some who think that two strong women can't work together - I hope that's not it, but I'm starting to wonder...I don't challenge her authority in any way, I give her the respect her position is due, and I don't tell tales out of school regarding her personal activities (which I knew far too much about earlier in the year). Maybe that's her problem?

My mom LOVED crossword puzzles - she had an amazing vocabulary because of them...I like them too, and word searches to pass the time. I also crochet and occasionally knit...:biggrin:

Oh, okay. I haven't been keeping up with Facebook either.

And the other message I wanted to respond to didn't multiquote and I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, they laid off 300 people at work. Only 12 in my division, none in our group, but 241 in the division we work very closely with and used to belong to. Lots and lots of long-timers who really know the code base were let go too.

Wow, Mac...that's harsh. Glad you weren't in the group that was let go...similar things are happening in my company. We found out the folks down the hall from us in my building were eliminated - the entire department! Just gone - just like that!

I would HATE to be the one making those decisions - I know sometimes you have to do it, but I would not want to be the one...:biggrin:

Crosswords and Suduko...except when Im presenting or something. I think knitting, cross-stitch and other needlework might be a tad obvious......

WOW! It is getting SO terrible...the anxiety levels of people are over the top.

PJTP...I just got called to interview for one of the other jobs I applied for...Thursday at noon.

Send up the good thoughts / prayers / positive energy! I'm so happy I could scream!!!!!:biggrin:

Of course, I haven't got the job yet, but I'm hopeful, which is more than I could say an hour ago!:thumbup::lol::tt1:

YAY!! Positive thoughts/prayers/chants and crossing of various appendages is done!!

I also crochet and occasionally knit...:biggrin:

ME TOO! Well, the crochet part. I haven't yet taught myself to knit, though I have books to learn from.

I have no crafty skills at all. I just live on my laptop.

It's Friday, it's raining and I really don't feel like being at work. I am seriously considering giving myself the rest of the afternoon off.