Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So... do they just want to hear your response to the most recent BS, or are they wanting to counsel you because of a response you have already shown that they take issue with?

Omg, that SO sounds like what I came from. Some people have more lunacy than sense. :mad2:

This meeting was called by my union rep and I - it's to present / discuss my response to their most recent "reprimand". I have pretty good responses to everything they slammed me with, but I'm not at all sure it will do any good.

I think they've made up their minds and are just "going through the motions" until they can suspend or fire me. Have I said how much I HATE being in this position? :confused:

I've never had as much trouble on a job as this one - now I wish I'd never left my old department...at least there I KNEW where the lunacy was coming from - it was all personal favoritism toward one person, not attacks on my job performance, and it didn't really matter. None of the crap at my old job affected how I did MY job...they could play favorites all they wanted...I thought this was a good opportunity - a promotion and a move to a different department where everyone said things would be great. Not so...:)

Wow...that is all I can say, Ebony. You have all of the positive thoughts, prayers,etc... I hope those other jobs come through quickly.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys...we are that lovey dovey couple that makes people gag on fb I actually deleted some people because they were being haters..

Ebony, I pray things go better for you with your job. Hopefully you will get one of the other jobs asap!

I just got back from the ER. I need 2 surgeries. I have a ruptured disk with bone fragments adhering to it. That is what is causing my pain and my arm to go numb. The second is more important since I am a cancer survivor,they found a large knot on my thyroid. They said it looks non-cancerous, but I heard that before and had cancer. But without a job and insurance I'm up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

G4E, I am so sorry. I pray for some divine intervention on your behalf.

Edited by *slim*
typo

G4E - you also have my prayers for speedy healing and a wonderful job opportunity...

Be blessed, my friend.:redface:

I just got back from the ER. I need 2 surgeries. I have a ruptured disk with bone fragments adhering to it. That is what is causing my pain and my arm to go numb. The second is more important since I am a cancer survivor,they found a large knot on my thyroid. They said it looks non-cancerous, but I heard that before and had cancer. But without a job and insurance I'm up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Oh no............ G4E, I agree with Slim -- I pray for divine intervention on your behalf. I pray that if there is any blessing meant for me, God will give it to you.

G4E---I too am a cancer survivor, and have been through the thyroid issue in the last few years---since my banding---that recently I mean. In fact if you go to my FB page, and look at my pics, there is one of my DH and I on a motorcycle trip, and my thyroid tumor is VISIBLE in the pic----it got bigger than any adams apple I have ever seen.

By the time we tested, and got to surgery, it was huge, I could no longer eat fibrous food, mushy only---and I could not lay on my back, it would cut off my air supply. I had to be awake during the intubation for surgery to remove it!

With my background, we had a pathologist in on the surgery---the plan was to remove the entire right lobe, as well as the isthmus (the center), and parts of the left lobe. The hope was to leave some of it so it could make its own hormone. The thyroid is shaped kind of like a bow tie.

It ended up just as they are saying with yours, it was benign---very few thyroid tumors are cancerous, but they are VERY common.

The surgery was simple, healed quickly, with minimal scarring. I was afraid I would have like a railroad track across my throat, as I scar badly---and it is hardly visible. I had an ENT do the surgery---my insurance would not approve a plastic surgeon to assist. In the end it was not necessary.

I will hope yours comes back just as well.

Is there any way to use a workmans comp claim, since you did lift at the cafeteria?

I have a herniated disc, but none ruptured---I can only imagine that is seriously painful.

Keep us posted, and if you need someone to talk to about the thyroid issue, just let me know I will PM you a #.

Hang in there-----we are all pulling for you!!!

I'm great I'm engaged to don the guy from work that gave me the ruby ring in the elevator..

Okay, I must have missed something. What happened to the live-in bf?

Okay, I must have missed something. What happened to the live-in bf?

Neither one of us wanted to be in that relationship anymore I just was the 1st to admit it and now he's acting all hurt and pissed because I moved out...

Oh no............ G4E, I agree with Slim -- I pray for divine intervention on your behalf. I pray that if there is any blessing meant for me, God will give it to you.

Thank you Beth. I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I know God has a plan. It just isn't my plan. I need to get over the pity party and put on my big girl panties and deal with it head on with God's guidance.

G4E---I too am a cancer survivor, and have been through the thyroid issue in the last few years---since my banding---that recently I mean. In fact if you go to my FB page, and look at my pics, there is one of my DH and I on a motorcycle trip, and my thyroid tumor is VISIBLE in the pic----it got bigger than any adams apple I have ever seen.

By the time we tested, and got to surgery, it was huge, I could no longer eat fibrous food, mushy only---and I could not lay on my back, it would cut off my air supply. I had to be awake during the intubation for surgery to remove it!

With my background, we had a pathologist in on the surgery---the plan was to remove the entire right lobe, as well as the isthmus (the center), and parts of the left lobe. The hope was to leave some of it so it could make its own hormone. The thyroid is shaped kind of like a bow tie.

It ended up just as they are saying with yours, it was benign---very few thyroid tumors are cancerous, but they are VERY common.

The surgery was simple, healed quickly, with minimal scarring. I was afraid I would have like a railroad track across my throat, as I scar badly---and it is hardly visible. I had an ENT do the surgery---my insurance would not approve a plastic surgeon to assist. In the end it was not necessary.

I will hope yours comes back just as well.

Is there any way to use a workmans comp claim, since you did lift at the cafeteria?

I have a herniated disc, but none ruptured---I can only imagine that is seriously painful.

Keep us posted, and if you need someone to talk to about the thyroid issue, just let me know I will PM you a #.

Hang in there-----we are all pulling for you!!!

Thank you Kat. You made me feel better about the thyroid. Don't worry I will PM you if I have questions. lol

I doubt I can use workmans comp. I didn't say anything about it.It was on Friday. Sat. I woke up thinking I slept wrong or pulled a muscle. So I didn't report it. If I tried now I would have a hard time proving it happened at work.

My sister said to try to draw temporary disability through the state. There is a clinic that is based on your income. I am going to sign up with them. They might be able to help. Plus any meds they prescribe I can get right there at a big discount.

You know it sad when Benedryl works better than the pain meds the doc prescribed! Even the shot they gave me in the hospital didn't work well. They asked me about my pain level about 30 min. after they gave me the shot and when I told then it was a high 7 low eight they just shook thier head. Usually Hydrocodn works fine for me. But it isn't hardly taking the edge off. The reason I slept Tuesday night was because of the Benedryl. I have been up for hrs. tonight. But part is nerves also.

so sorry G4E - you have a lot on your plate.

can you reach out to the state / local churches for assistance? sending good thoughts your way!

Thanks Lulu. That is what I am doing now. I am waiting to hear back from the SS office to see if I could maybe get temporary disability assistance. I have a list of churches to call. Unfortunately like my church they refer you to other churches that they partner with. You can only call them on certain days between certain hrs. Usually a 2 hr block.

Just heard back from SS...NOPE!

left message with local welfare office. But usually they don't help you unless you have children at home and that is $124.00 a month. The system here stinks big time.

Thank you Beth. I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I know God has a plan. It just isn't my plan. I need to get over the pity party and put on my big girl panties and deal with it head on with God's guidance.

Maybe, but your fear is legitimate and understandable. Sometimes when we are facing such things it's hard to believe that there is some plan or control behind it all. Sometimes we are just entitled to a "pity party" -- however, yours is anything but. MINE is a pity party. Yours is far from it.

I just talked to the Drs office that the ER referred me to. I guess I don't get any kind of help. $404.00 for the initial consult and that is if I bring the x-rays and MRI from the ER. Then $50.00 a month after that unless they do more e-rays and stuff! His words needs to be dripping in gold for that amount!:(