Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

yes! ordering out is hard. I see what others are ordering and think, "I could cut mine in 1/2" and then I get 2-3 bites into it and have to stop.

Especially when in a group becuase I talk and for me, talking and eating don't mix. :)

I'm not even at that point yet. I went out last week with ColoradoChick and her husband and ordered a steak salad and almost ordered a Soup too because that's what I would normally have done. However, I only ordered the salad and didn't even finish it. It's like I still want everything, and at a restaurant it's like a kid in a candy shop. Everything sounds good.

And then CC eats like six bites and she's full. I feel like such a hog next to her! lol :thumbup:

I still eat until I'm full and that needs to stop. It hit me the other night that even though I can't eat the volume that I used to, I still eat until I feel like I have.

I do the same. Sounds strange but before surgery I was always so hungry so I'd stuff myself and then I'd be okay to not eat for longer! I'm still in that mode. Really trying hard to break it. It's one reason I'm such a slow loser. I really am still eating too much. :P Not physically hurting myself, btw!

Did you ever want to lower yourself to other poeple's standards, knowing that you could really ruin them? Ah, such a dilemma.

Be careful, you don't want it to come back and bite you in the butt! But I totally understand! :wub:

Thank you very much. I know all things happen for a reason, and this is no different. If it's meant to happen, it will.

I did yesterday, and thankfully today I'm down 1.5 of the 2 I gained. I have a love/hate relationship with Chinese food. lol

You're welcome.

Glad to hear the Water helped! I love Chinese food! I've been craving it and have been trying to figure out a good day to have some! Probably a Friday afternoon, after I weigh myself for the week. But it also has to be well before I see my doc!

I notice, especially when I go out, that my head still wants to order as if I was eating for three. I've also noticed that since I've followed my doctor's suggestion of dishing out only about a cup of food at a sitting and eating just that, that I find myself satiated pretty well. Or at least I noticed it better right after my fill (I think I'm loosening up a bit now so I get hungry after a few hours). He said to eat just that much then walk away for 15-20 minutes. If you're still truly hungry after that, eat a bit more. But we have conditioned ourselves for many years to overeat, and that's almost as hard to break as eating too fast or chewing three times before swallowing. :laugh:
I'm not even at that point yet. I went out last week with ColoradoChick and her husband and ordered a steak salad and almost ordered a Soup too because that's what I would normally have done. However, I only ordered the salad and didn't even finish it. It's like I still want everything, and at a restaurant it's like a kid in a candy shop. Everything sounds good.

I was always a volume eater. Even more so than a junk eater, tho that figures in as well. I have been getting better about taking what I think I should and can eat, and leaving the rest for later. Constant battle and something I'll probably be working on for a long time, if not forever. :)

PJTP: DH said bedtime went really well last night. I got home around 9 and she was asleep. :thumbup: A little later she calls for him and gets out of bed. He jumps up and gets her back into bed right away, THEN has the GALL to come back in and say he didn't know what was so hard about that! I about bitch slapped him! LOL! He was just joking. He's a total tease. But crimeny! I gave him a dirty look and didn't grace his comment with a response!

On another note. Even tho I'm completely unfilled, I'm really trying hard to hold my own. I've been staying at 182.??. I've been bouncing on the 10ths. I'm okay with that. I'm expecting to gain but hoping to keep it in check. I go see him in a week. Seems like a long ways away! LOL!

Okay, I've got to get off of this computer and get moving! I actually need to work today too. UGH!

I can't find the post I wanted to quote. Darn. Anyway, here's my answer.

I have often been "active for a fat chick". When I was overweight and even obese, I still did things. For a while, I mountain biked with some guys from work a couple of times a week at one job. Then I figure skated for over 10 years. But I didn't do them to the level of a truly athletic person either.

Also, when I get close to 200 (and then over), it gets really hard to move and my exercise slacks off and I turn into a couch potato.

This is part of what got me to consider WLS. I stopped figure skating after 2 years of only doing it about half an hour a week. (You can NOT make progress in figure skating with that little time commitment.) I realized then that I was in big trouble and it was only going to get worse.

When I had my surgery, I hadn't skated or been to the gym in over a year. I started back to the gym to get ready for surgery about a month before and was going 1 or maybe 2x a week and riding the stationary bike for 30 min. only. IOW, it was a very marginal effort.

So I would say I have had periods of activity in my life and periods of total couch potato-ness. But I never looked on thse activities as "exercising." I did them because I loved them.

Too many people look on exercising as something they "have" to do and think of exercising as going to the gym or going running. Exercise is moving your body and there are tons of ways to do it that are fun. Maybe taking a ballroom dancing class or going bowling isn't the best aerobic exercise in the world, but it's more exercise than staying at home and watching tv.

So I think we all have to change our attitudes about it. Otherwise, you see people dutifully going to the gym, hating every minute of it, until they get to goal and then they stop. At which point the weight starts coming bakc on.

I admit, there are times in my life when that was me. But now I go to the gym because I love the stuff I do there and I have goals that keep me going on days when I don't love it so much. I'm not going to stop when I get to a particular goal weight because my goal is to do an Ironman some day. I can't do that if I don't bike, swim and run at least 2x a week. It has nothing to do with weight for me at this point in time.

Hope that answered the question.

And sorry to be so serious in the PJTP thread. :)

Too many people look on exercising as something they "have" to do and think of exercising as going to the gym or going running. Exercise is moving your body and there are tons of ways to do it that are fun. Maybe taking a ballroom dancing class or going bowling isn't the best aerobic exercise in the world, but it's more exercise than staying at home and watching tv.

I vote for hot, sweaty sex. Lots and lots of it. :)

Hey all, what's up? I see have like 18 pages to catch up on, and simply don't have the energy to do that right now. So, I thought I would just pop in and say hi.

I was in the hospital this weekend. I was having a lot of pain under my right breast, dizzy, nausea and just generally weak. I ended up being severely dehydrated and had to get fluids via IV. I had blood work, urinalysis, EKG, ultrasound and cat scan. After all of that, they determined I had a UTI and a lot of sludge in my gallbladder and that it needs to come out. I went to see my surgeon today, and had a major snafu with them and ended up leaving angry and in tears. I am sick, I can't work, I feel miserable and just want this dam gallbladder out. Fortunately, I found a new surgeon and will be seeing him in a couple of days. None of this was related to my sleeve though. The doctor said it just hit me at a bad time and my poor body just has nothing left to fight with right now.

Anyways, that is the latest on me. I hope everyone here is doing well. And, I don't know what the comment was about, but I agree, lots of sex is a great cure for whatever ails you, except maybe gallbladder.

Hi Susan. I am so sorry that you are going through so much. I hope that you are able to get that gall bladder out soon. I felt much better after having mine out.

PJTP-Why is MIL trying to act as though we are best buddies? We were never friends. We didn't talk. She didn't call. She has called more in the last weekend than she has in the last year. She keeps asking me over. I don't want to go over there. I don't have anything to talk to her about. I am trying not to be overtly mean, but she is really pushing me by trying to act as though we had this great friendship that I am suddenly turning my back on. Today was DS's birthday. She didn't call. I am pretty sure that DH bought the birthday card from her and put the money in it. She has been calling DH to buy her cigarettes and beer. She hasn't bought DS a birthday present in years. I really don't think she did this either. It is just another example of why she isn't on my list of people to go visit. I have been trying to let it go, but she is really pushing at me.

She has been calling DH to buy her cigarettes and beer. She hasn't bought DS a birthday present in years. I really don't think she did this either..

does she work slim? cause smokes/beer would be "luxury" items - and she at one point was wanting food cooked for her.

sorry she dismisses your son - but my guess it's probably for the best.......happy bday to him!

does she work slim? cause smokes/beer would be "luxury" items - and she at one point was wanting food cooked for her.

sorry she dismisses your son - but my guess it's probably for the best.......happy bday to him!

She doesn't work. I think they are luxury items. I think it is awful that she calls here to ask him to buy that stuff for her when she wasn't calling him any more than she was calling us. She only calls him when she wants something. She uses him, but because he is still trying to please her, he does it.

Thanks for the bday wishes. DS is better of without her, but DH is still trying to push that relationship (I think because of the guilt in seeing how close DS is with my mom).

But, posting: "Hey, I ran/walked for 30 minutes today" right after ya'll post: "Hey, I ran a marathon, then came back and swam for 5 million yards, then I wanted to take it easy so I just jogged for another 45 minutes before doing weights. Trying to go easy today."

Heehee...then maybe I should post, to bring everybody waaaaaay down!

Even though I'm not at goal, I realized that I need to be thinking about eating the way you're talking about. Even if it means a slower loss for me, I want it the right way.

I think you'll feel more self-satisfaction that way, Glouc. I've been very slow losing lately (scale weight), but my body is changing. I can tell a little more muscle, a little less fat....my point is, I've been resisting getting fills for the last few visits, because I do feel better about myself when I feel like I'm doing a little more work than the band (or we're at least going Dutch).

I do notice that pictures of me 5-10 pounds lighter look fatter than the ones now. Back then I wasn't exercising, so I was probably fattier than I am now.

Yes!! Exactly what I was trying (and failing) to say above! If I look great at the beach, I don't care what the scale says.

On another note. Even tho I'm completely unfilled, I'm really trying hard to hold my own. I've been staying at 182.??. I've been bouncing on the 10ths. I'm okay with that. I'm expecting to gain but hoping to keep it in check. I go see him in a week. Seems like a long ways away!

Hang in there, HF.

And sorry to be so serious in the PJTP thread. :rolleyes2:

Quit bringing me down, man!

lots of sex is a great cure for whatever ails you, except maybe gallbladder.

Or tuberculosis.

She only calls him when she wants something. She uses him, but because he is still trying to please her, he does it.

As f'ed up as it is, she's still his mother. Most of us guys have a thing about our moms.

Hello everyone. :tongue:

All I know is this thread is hard to keep up with.

Anyway, I've just been doing what I need to do - now to only figure out exactly what that is and I'll be set.

My eye keeps watering, I think I got some make-up in it.

Did you ever want to lower yourself to other poeple's standards, knowing that you could really ruin them? Ah, such a dilemma.

"Never mess with another girls money" ~Tyra Banks. Very profound. Who knew?

Have a great day everyone!

What an interesting post! :rolleyes2:

My right eye waters when pollen's around. Hate pollen!

Ruining someone would be SO much fun in the short-term but alas, in the long-term karma would gitcha which would really suck. At least that's what I tell myself to stay "good"!!! (kidding; I really do believe in karma)

Take care of you!

*Mac, it's funny but what dawned on me the other day is that I've come to love walking! Strange tho, I hate walking on the treadmill. It's the walking in my neighborhood that I'm enjoying so much! They're BOTH walking so what's the difference!! The neighborhood is way harder all around. Heck, just getting out of the house is a victory!

Now if I can just pony up the money for a "jogging" stroller for our walks! Would be SO much easier than the beast that I'm using now. I found one I love but it's almost $200! Ouch!

*Oh Susan, I'm so sorry! I hope you can get that thing out ASAP. Take care in the meantime!

*UGH! The woman just needs to move again! This time far, far away!!

Happy birthday to DS!!!

*Plain, thanks. And of course after I posted that this AM, today turned into a foodfest! I feel yucky now. Come hell or high Water, I'm getting out and walking tomorrow!

'Night all!

*Mac, it's funny but what dawned on me the other day is that I've come to love walking! Strange tho, I hate walking on the treadmill. It's the walking in my neighborhood that I'm enjoying so much! They're BOTH walking so what's the difference!!

One is more interesting! I love it when we run in the park more than the track for the same reason.

PJTP: One of my patients last night was an old hippie that was high-yi-yi.....I almost got a contact buzz.

On a more sad note, the sweetish odor of the pot mixed with the patchooli (sp?) she doused herself with was making me a little ill.

On a lighter note, her unshaved armpits and legs (and I can only assume other parts) made me glad I wasn't a hippie in the late 60's / early 70's.

Not that I would want to offend my non-shaving female friends. I understand for some it's a lifestyle choice.

Edited by plain

I agree with Plain, a lot of men, with the exception of my husband, do have a very strange attachment to their mothers. They are true mama's boys and always will be. My first husband was.

I prefer walking around the neighborhood to my treadmill. I can't walk my dogs with me on the treadmill, there is nothing interesting to look at on the treadmill, and I don't run into any interesting people on my treadmill.

I shave, can't stand not to.

Oh, good morning everyone.

Shivering burns lots of calories. :tt1:

B..b...b...it's COLD!

I vote for hot, sweaty sex. Lots and lots of it. :rolleyes2:

Yes indeedy!:tongue:

they determined I had a UTI and a lot of sludge in my gallbladder and that it needs to come out. I found a new surgeon and will be seeing him in a couple of days. None of this was related to my sleeve though. The doctor said it just hit me at a bad time and my poor body just has nothing left to fight with right now.

Poor Susan; here's hoping for a quick surgery and fast uneventful recovery.

Why is MIL trying to act as though we are best buddies? I am trying not to be overtly mean, but she is really pushing me by trying to act as though we had this great friendship that I am suddenly turning my back on. Today was DS's birthday. She didn't call. I have been trying to let it go, but she is really pushing at me.

Maybe she senses her control of her son is diminishing, and figures she can get you on 'her side'?? I hope your son is not hurt by her attitude!

As f'ed up as it is, she's still his mother. Most of us guys have a thing about our moms.

As many a female has discovered!