Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

The GOOD news is I got a call at 10:00 that I have an interview in another court that I've been trying to get into! I go in at 9:00 on Thursday. I have two applications in -- one for supervisor, and another for a higher position which doesn't close until Friday.

Lots of prayers that this goes well! Best wishes!

For me it's the salt. Salt is my mortal enemy. I can have a little bit, but stuff like Chinese is nothing but salt. I'm sure for me it's all Water weight. I've been half tempted to get a diuretic.

Drink more water. That's what I have to do. It'll flush it out of your system faster.

Toddler was the BEST stage. I loved it when both mine were toddlers. Trust me, you will miss this stage when she grows out of it.

The bedtime thing is a whole different issue and it's not about being the mean one, but the one who loves her enough to be tough. As a parent, you don't have the luxury of being nice all the time.

She is a lot of fun and soooo funny so I do enjoy her most of the time! Problem is really me. I'm pretty anal and controlling. I like things in order. Trust me, I've gotten A LOT better!!! She's just being herself, I'm the one who can't always give. I'm getting better tho. Really working on it.

She's great tho as far as being easy in a lot of ways that I hear other parents bemoaning. Loves her veggies and eats pretty much anything I cook. Loves to get in her carseat and travels really well. Loves to brush her teeth and take her baths. Sits still while I trim all her nails. And with all of this, she actually tells us when she needs to brush or bathe or whatever. Loves to pick out her own clothes. Likes to go see her doc and doesn't cry or scream when getting shots. It was funny tho, the last time, she looked at the nurse with a frown/dirty look and said, "that hurt!" It was sooo funny!!!

Logically I know that b/c we love her, is why we have our rules, disciplines, etc. Later, it will pay off. If I just let her go willy nilly, we'd have a complete monster on our hands! But sometimes, it would be easier, in the short term, to just give in!

PJTP...is it wrong to be relaxed / happy because my immediate supervisor is out of the office and my stress level is waaaaay down today? :smile:

Not at all! Hope you enjoyed your day!

So am I just one of the uncool kids? I have been trying most of the evening to get on here.

Nope. I couldn't get on all day! I just now got on but hadn't tried since just before dinnertime. Then I went and played Bunco for a couple of hours!

Have a great night!

Morning all!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one challenged to get logged on yesterday afternoon - I hate being excluded!

The day is dreary, for some reason building maintenance has the a/c on (it's only 45 degrees outside!!).....nothing like blasting cold air down my neck while I huddle for warmth!

But that's exactly why you have to post. So the newbies to exercise know that not everyone starts out doing 3 hours a day and running 10 miles at a time.

See... this is why tap has to post. And Gloucester too. :P

One thing that helps me is to know all the exercise gurus here (Mac, Lulu & Ceradad, just to name a few) used to be fat. Ya'll used to be overweight and not exercising (right?) and look how far you've come. So that does inspire me.

But, posting: "Hey, I ran/walked for 30 minutes today" right after ya'll post: "Hey, I ran a marathon, then came back and swam for 5 million yards, then I wanted to take it easy so I just jogged for another 45 minutes before doing weights. Trying to go easy today."

Yeah....I'm feeling a little insignificant after that! :)

I'm trying to now eat like I will eat for the rest of my life. Which means slower weight loss. But when I stop, it will be where I will stay because nothing will change after that.

Even though I'm not at goal, I realized that I need to be thinking about eating the way you're talking about. Even if it means a slower loss for me, I want it the right way.

I still eat until I'm full and that needs to stop. It hit me the other night that even though I can't eat the volume that I used to, I still eat until I feel like I have.

So, I really need mental toughness for this part of my journey. I have 100 more to lose and I'll never get there if I continue the way I've been.

The scale isn't that accurate. It measures all sorts of stuff you don't care about. It's really body fat % that you should look at. What happens if you are steady in your calories in and out is that you lose steady. But the scale masks it by also recording Water weight and other stuff like that.

So let's say you are eating and working out so that you should be losing 2 lb. a week. But one week you have something salty and the scale says no loss because you've lost 2 lb. of fat but gained two pounds of water. The next week, you lose another 2 lb. but you see 4 lb. on your scale because you've lost the water weight too.

Does that make sense?

Um, no. But, I am a need to feel it and see it kind of person. I get the basic theory of what you're saying, and it does satisfy me somewhat, but I'm still going to weigh in (more often than I should) and scream and cuss at the scale. Logic abounds...

I do notice that pictures of me 5-10 pounds lighter look fatter than the ones now. Back then I wasn't exercising, so I was probably fattier than I am now. I do weigh every day, twice a day, before the shower, after the shower, with one shoe on, one shoe on my head...etc., but I only record it once a week at the same time of day. That keeps me a little bit sane. :thumbup:

One thing that helps me is to know all the exercise gurus here (Mac, Lulu & Ceradad, just to name a few) used to be fat. Ya'll used to be overweight and not exercising (right?) and look how far you've come. So that does inspire me.

i think ya'll need to keep posting there- if nothing else , to keep ceradad in check..LOL :)

But, posting: "Hey, I ran/walked for 30 minutes today" right after ya'll post: "Hey, I ran a marathon, then came back and swam for 5 million yards, then I wanted to take it easy so I just jogged for another 45 minutes before doing weights. Trying to go easy today."

Yeah....I'm feeling a little insignificant after that! :)

EXACTLY! And then when there is a followup to a newbie that says: In no time at all you will be addicted to it. or Just keep increasing the amount/time/number of reps etc every day".... ARGHHH!! Those comments do NOT resonate with me.

I do not like to exercise. I do it because to continue my weight loss I must. I do the amount (time/reps/whatever) that realizes my weight loss but with absolutely NO pleasure in it. To do more would undoubtedly speed up the weight loss, but I KNOW I would not sustain it when (if) I ever reach goal. So I do the amount that I have committed to do for the rest of my life...no more, no less.

I'm kinda in between. I really like jogging/walking on the treadmill. I like riding my bike.

But, after 30 minutes, I'm done. My mind wanders to all the things I need to be doing and I shut down.

PJTP...I'm having a good day!

Work is...work - moving along, a little less stressful than previously, but I'm not going to relax. It's still to freshly painful for that!

Relationship with supervisor is okay...I'm keeping her at a distance because of what happened.

Fit into a Lane Bryant Red size 2 pant today! :laugh: They have a bit of stretch, and they are a bit tight across the lower tummy, but before my band, I would not have ever THOUGHT that I'd get into them. I thank my band, my daily walks, and LBT for my progress! :wub:

Going to see my band doc today - I think I've lost a few more pounds, and I don't feel I need another fill yet - I still have days when I'm too tight and feel like I can't eat anything, and other times where I feel I could eat like I used to, but I don't. I'm making good progress and I'm happy! :thumbup:

I was a regular poster in the Exercise threads and somehow just fell off - I'll go back, because I'm not a super-exerciser like those who inspire me, but I do what I can, given my schedule and my own laziness! :)

It's supposed to be a truly wonderful, sunny and warm weekend here in New England, and I can't wait! We've had grey and rainy / cloudy days this week, and I miss the sun! :P

But, after 30 minutes, I'm done. My mind wanders to all the things I need to be doing and I shut down.

i have ADD w/exercise as well - i get bored easy.

which is why i like to go play golf / tennis / wii , etc to mix up the "gym routine"........

30mins on one thing is about as much as i can do & then i move onto something else.

again, wish ya'll go back to posting there .

Hello everyone. :)

All I know is this thread is hard to keep up with.

Anyway, I've just been doing what I need to do - now to only figure out exactly what that is and I'll be set.

My eye keeps watering, I think I got some make-up in it.

Did you ever want to lower yourself to other poeple's standards, knowing that you could really ruin them? Ah, such a dilemma.

"Never mess with another girls money" ~Tyra Banks. Very profound. Who knew?

Have a great day everyone!

Lots of prayers that this goes well! Best wishes!

Thank you very much. I know all things happen for a reason, and this is no different. If it's meant to happen, it will.

Drink more Water. That's what I have to do. It'll flush it out of your system faster.

I did yesterday, and thankfully today I'm down 1.5 of the 2 I gained. I have a love/hate relationship with Chinese food. lol

Morning all!

Glad to know I wasn't the only one challenged to get logged on yesterday afternoon - I hate being excluded!

The day is dreary, for some reason building maintenance has the a/c on (it's only 45 degrees outside!!).....nothing like blasting cold air down my neck while I huddle for warmth!

Shivering burns lots of calories. :)

Yeah....I'm feeling a little insignificant after that! :thumbup:

Omg, I about spit my Protein Drink into my laptop over that one! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :P:lol::laugh:

Even though I'm not at goal, I realized that I need to be thinking about eating the way you're talking about. Even if it means a slower loss for me, I want it the right way.

I still eat until I'm full and that needs to stop. It hit me the other night that even though I can't eat the volume that I used to, I still eat until I feel like I have.

So, I really need mental toughness for this part of my journey. I have 100 more to lose and I'll never get there if I continue the way I've been.

I notice, especially when I go out, that my head still wants to order as if I was eating for three. I've also noticed that since I've followed my doctor's suggestion of dishing out only about a cup of food at a sitting and eating just that, that I find myself satiated pretty well. Or at least I noticed it better right after my fill (I think I'm loosening up a bit now so I get hungry after a few hours). He said to eat just that much then walk away for 15-20 minutes. If you're still truly hungry after that, eat a bit more. But we have conditioned ourselves for many years to overeat, and that's almost as hard to break as eating too fast or chewing three times before swallowing. :)

Shivering burns lots of calories. :)

Nothing like a positive attitude! Of course, the colder it is the more I want to slow down and sleep.....hibernation mode - which makes it REALLY challenging living where I do!!!!!

Hey, Diva! Nice to see you!

Did you ever want to lower yourself to other poeple's standards, knowing that you could really ruin them?

Um, yeah. Have come close too. Got the evidence to do it if ever needed. :)

I notice, especially when I go out, that my head still wants to order as if I was eating for three.

yes! ordering out is hard. I see what others are ordering and think, "I could cut mine in 1/2" and then I get 2-3 bites into it and have to stop.

Especially when in a group becuase I talk and for me, talking and eating don't mix. :)