Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

is that why you dropped off the exercise threads? missed ya!!!

Nah, it just seemed my efforts (although constant) were so pitifully minor compared to the jocks,that it really wasn't worth posting. So, I continue a minimum of 4 days a week doing my stuff at the Y, but just don't post it.

The GOOD thing is refinancing our home will save us about $450 a month, which, after taking into account what I was putting into savings and 401k, will about makes up for what was left over out of my check.

Sometimes work is hardly worth the effort!

the goats are too cute; i can't get them to sit still and get a decent pic ... DHs afraid he'll come home from a business trip & i've invited them into the house...LOL i won't - but it's good to keep him on his toes.!:crying:

I probably would...

Fanny's Outback Update :eek:

I've been walking the 5-6km home from site to camp at night lately (coz I'm bored in the gym) and last night spotted this beauty on the road about 3 feet from where we were standing:

snake.jpg

It's a King Brown, about 5-6ft, so not big for that kind of snake, they get up to 10ft.

I HATE snakes....as much as someday I would love to visit Australia, with all the snakes there, I'd probably never leave a car or hotel room for fear that one would jump out and attack me!

PJTP-I had my first semi-public PB today. That was not fun. I know it was stress induced.

Haven't had one of those yet...I'm sure my time will come!

OK, who's coming to Houston on May 2nd for the mini LBT get together?

Wish I could so I could meet you all, but alas, I live a tad distance away! Hope you have a great meeting/party!

Tuesday morning, and more rain. Managed yesterday on 'real foods' without a problem - other than HOLY CRAP I'm not eating much compared to any previous time. I was stuffed at lunch on 2 oz low fat cheese and a yogurt...it took me a half hour to eat that!

Edited by tapshoes
Grammar...apparently brain is not yet caffeinated appropriately.

Fanny: Thanks but no thanks! I don't mind non-poisonous snakes at all. Actually used to catch them as a kid. But I don't find the poisonous ones quite so cute. :crying:

Beth I am with you on that. My mom was deathly afraid of snakes. Where we lived at we didn't have to worry about poisonous snakes to much. So because of my mom I used to catch gartner snakes and train the dogs to kill them. We lived on a farm so there was a lot of snakes. This way mom would go out without looking constantly for snakes.

Kat I don't think your DN should be giving anyone fills or unfills. She is not a licensed practitioner is she? IMHO if it isn't my Dr. or someone specially trained to do it and not under floro, it isn't going to happen.

I hate bouncing! I am finding out I bounce for 2-3 weeks then even out for about a week and then start bouncing again. Drives me crazy!

Good morning to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Are you saying you're built like an 11 yr old girl? Sexy....:crying::biggrin::eek::biggrin::biggrin:QUOTE]

i was fully developed at age 9, so 11 is adult in my world - small adult - tho:)

i'm in - i'll ping you today on FB

A steep descent then a leveling off and slowing down until it gently kisses the gate. I think going too low and then bouncing back would be a problem for me..

the work to stay under 130 is just insane, and i like wine/food a bit too much to give it all up, so i guess i'm where the bod has decided to given my lifestyle w/diet & exercise.

ditto - suppose to be beautiful out in TX today!

re snakes - i am around all kinds of critters each day. you will hear me from canada if i see one.

ps - hey diva girl!!!!!

PJTP-I had my first semi-public PB today. That was not fun. I know it was stress induced. I was eating lunch when something happened at work that was my fault (thankfully it wasn't as bad as I initially thought). Needess to say, the food that I ate didn't want to go down. I couldn't make it to the bathroom, but thankfully no one was around. How do you deal with stuff like that? That was so odd and embarrassing! I haven't had any other trouble since then, but I moved my fill out a few days just in case.

I actually had one this morning coming to work. It was a surprise to me, but I think I just took too big of a sip of my shake. Luckily I had a cup beside me and I pretended to be drinking while I was pb'ing into it. YUCK, I know...But, rather that than anywhere else.

On an unrelated note, this conversation reminds me of my drinking days...I was with my bf and my roommate and I was driving home from the bar (D.D.). My roommate was completely wasted in the back seat and he didn't want to bother me by asking me to pull over when he started feeling sick. So, he threw up in his shirt pocket.

What a gentleman.

:crying: I'll be there, and I'm bringing DH...Kids welcome, right? If so, DD will be there, too.

Nah, it just seemed my efforts (although constant) were so pitifully minor compared to the jocks,that it really wasn't worth posting. So, I continue a minimum of 4 days a week doing my stuff at the Y, but just don't post it.

Tap, I feel the same way! I read the Exercise thread but feel way out of my league there.

hate bouncing! I am finding out I bounce for 2-3 weeks then even out for about a week and then start bouncing again. Drives me crazy!

G4E - Good morning to you, too!

I've bounced 2 pounds since losing 7 from last Monday. I'm hoping to bounce down a little bit more by the end of this week.

And, good morning!

Sometimes work is hardly worth the effort!

Sometimes, but this was self-imposed. lol I was putting in the max -- $15,500 -- into my 401k every year, and with the leftover, I was depositing an additional $500 a month into a savings account. I was trying to get our retirement kicked up (plus savings) and what I had leftover was just added to the family income.

The GOOD news is I got a call at 10:00 that I have an interview in another court that I've been trying to get into! I go in at 9:00 on Thursday. I have two applications in -- one for supervisor, and another for a higher position which doesn't close until Friday.

I hate bouncing! I am finding out I bounce for 2-3 weeks then even out for about a week and then start bouncing again. Drives me crazy!

I had the bounce last month. Now, I have a 2-pound gain from dinner on Saturday (Chinese, salty) that won't go away. Grrr....

I had the bounce last month. Now, I have a 2-pound gain from dinner on Saturday (Chinese, salty) that won't go away. Grrr....

That's that whole part about weight loss that I don't GET.

How can 500 extra calories from Sat cause me to gain 2 pounds, that don't go away until somwhere in the middle of last night?

I had dropped 7 from last Monday, over the weekend had 1500 cals on Sat instead of the 1000 that makes me lose weight and I had a 2 pound gain from it.

WHY? & HOW?

I've proven to myself that if I stay at 1000 I can lose or not gain. Anything above that (nearing 1200 - 1500 cals/daily) then I GAIN. WTH?

:crying:

For me it's the salt. Salt is my mortal enemy. I can have a little bit, but stuff like Chinese is nothing but salt. I'm sure for me it's all Water weight. I've been half tempted to get a diuretic.

The GOOD news is I got a call at 10:00 that I have an interview in another court that I've been trying to get into! I go in at 9:00 on Thursday. I have two applications in -- one for supervisor, and another for a higher position which doesn't close until Friday.

Good luck Beth!

...but I'm thinking I don't like toddler-hood! LOL! And just think, I get to do it all again when she hits the tweens! Yeah for me! LOL!

Toddler was the BEST stage. I loved it when both mine were toddlers. Trust me, you will miss this stage when she grows out of it.

The bedtime thing is a whole different issue and it's not about being the mean one, but the one who loves her enough to be tough. As a parent, you don't have the luxury of being nice all the time.

:smile: I'll be there, and I'm bringing DH...Kids welcome, right? If so, DD will be there, too.

Yes to loved ones (including kids even if you'll not all that in love with them at the moment).

PJTP...is it wrong to be relaxed / happy because my immediate supervisor is out of the office and my stress level is waaaaay down today? :smile:

Good luck Beth! I hope you get the one that's suited to your talents and experience, and they are thrilled to get ya!:w00t:

PJTP...is it wrong to be relaxed / happy because my immediate supervisor is out of the office and my stress level is waaaaay down today? :smile:

Good luck Beth! I hope you get the one that's suited to your talents and experience, and they are thrilled to get ya!:w00t:

1. Heck no it isn't wrong!!! I always get more accomplished when I'm not getting 900 questions asked by my bosses!

2. Aww, how sweet are you, Ebony!

Good luck Beth. Hopefully you will get hired for one of them (the higher one.) :smile:

Well BL is coming on in a minute so I need to get my Water and go use the restroom and get ready!

Good luck Beth!

So am I just one of the uncool kids? I have been trying most of the evening to get on here.

Nah, it just seemed my efforts (although constant) were so pitifully minor compared to the jocks,that it really wasn't worth posting.

But that's exactly why you have to post. So the newbies to exercise know that not everyone starts out doing 3 hours a day and running 10 miles at a time.

the work to stay under 130 is just insane, and i like wine/food a bit too much to give it all up, so i guess i'm where the bod has decided to given my lifestyle w/diet & exercise.

So you found your happy weight! :smile:

I'm trying to now eat like I will eat for the rest of my life. Which means slower weight loss. But when I stop, it will be where I will stay because nothing will change after that.

Tap, I feel the same way! I read the Exercise thread but feel way out of my league there.

See... this is why tap has to post. And Gloucester too. :w00t:

That's that whole part about weight loss that I don't GET.

How can 500 extra calories from Sat cause me to gain 2 pounds, that don't go away until somwhere in the middle of last night?

I had dropped 7 from last Monday, over the weekend had 1500 cals on Sat instead of the 1000 that makes me lose weight and I had a 2 pound gain from it.

WHY? & HOW?

The scale isn't that accurate. It measures all sorts of stuff you don't care about. It's really body fat % that you should look at. What happens if you are steady in your calories in and out is that you lose steady. But the scale masks it by also recording Water weight and other stuff like that.

So let's say you are eating and working out so that you should be losing 2 lb. a week. But one week you have something salty and the scale says no loss because you've lost 2 lb. of fat but gained two pounds of water. The next week, you lose another 2 lb. but you see 4 lb. on your scale because you've lost the water weight too.

Does that make sense?