Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

this rancher was giving away 2 pygmy goats (babies) .... so i put them in the truck and they're in the barn w/some hay. have NO idea what to do w/them other than learn how to milk them & make cheese....LOL :thumbup:

So cute....baby pygmy goats...

i DID - daisy & rose (both girls)...

they ARE cute (white w/tan markings), need to take pics & post - but they're a bit "nippy", want them to get use to their surrounding. my lab (Red) wants to play w/them and they're really not having much of it......

we have been looking for "livestock" for my heeler to, well - work. & this guy was just giving these little cuties away.

DH is FINE w/it...., just glad it wasn't another dog :)

I can just imagine the lab in with the new ones trying to play...

Lu-----check into making goat milk soap---it is in high demand!

Around here, a single designer size bar of soap goes for about $5.00. I have a friend who makes it....the one whose kids raise the goats----she keeps me supplied, it leaves my hands soooooo soft!!!

I've never heard of goat milk soap...must look for that and give a try

Facebook has most of my attention these days.

We wondered where you were...missed you!

I'm a bouncer, too. I guess we all are to some extent. I gain and lose the same 2-4 lbs for 2-3 weeks before finally hitting the low and then back to the bounce game with the next 2-4 lbs.

My doc says he considers the band a success if you lose 50% of your excess weight.

Boing Boing I bounce too. Losing 50% of your excess weight is good, but 100% is better! My doc would certainly not be happy if people stopped at 50% though...

Fresh baked Cookies will help a sad kid, right?

Always!

I am not even going to get on the scale. I just spent 1 1/2 days in the hospital on IV fluids, which always cause me to gain weight. !

So, what's happening Susan?

My SIL had a major prolapse. They managed to save her band....not sure how, I haven't got the low down yet!! She and my niece fill and unfill her so often, I was scared something would happen, but never thought about a prolapse.

I hope they are nurses/docs as they are doing their own fills - cerainly would be a time/money saver!

Michelle, better nip that in the bud now before you end up on Supernanny. :thumbup: :blink:

Yes indeed.

I did too! I finished much faster than I expected to.

Here's my report:

Fatty Fights Back: I iz triathlete

Yeah Mac!!

OK - I think I am caught up. It is a dreary Monday morning, after a busy weekend. Got my fill - back to where I was 2 months ago in total fill, and unfortunately only down 1 pound since then!! That is sooo discouraging, but let's hope this fill works! So far, no troubles but I haven't tested in with 'food' yet...all weekend was liquids and mushies. Today will be the test.

been facebooking too sorry haven't been posting much here....

been easy to get lost in FB -

* congrats mac!

* kat, i remember your SIL doing the fills/unfills to eat & such and always wondered if something would happen. be interested in that story.

* taps, hope this fill doesn't give you trouble like the previous one. don't get discouraged about the 1lb, your amongst many bouncers :thumbup:

* small NSV, my friend stopped by on sat night on her way back home from austin; she had her daughter & friend w/her. we already had company over and the girls wanted to hang their feet in the pool. i gave them a pair of shorts to wear & they fit perfectly.....they're 11yrs old...:blink:

* taps, hope this fill doesn't give you trouble like the previous one. don't get discouraged about the 1lb, your amongst many bouncers :thumbup:

* small NSV, i gave them a pair of shorts to wear & they fit perfectly.....they're 11yrs old...:blink:

Thanks Lulu.

And as for your NSV - WOW!! :thumbup:

* small NSV, my friend stopped by on sat night on her way back home from austin; she had her daughter & friend w/her. we already had company over and the girls wanted to hang their feet in the pool. i gave them a pair of shorts to wear & they fit perfectly.....they're 11yrs old...:blink:

SMALL NSV?? I call that HUGE! YAY!! :thumbup:

So cute....baby pygmy goats...

I'm not even sure what they look like but they just SOUND cute.

My doc would certainly not be happy if people stopped at 50% though...

Mine either. He wants me below 120! He says that they consider anything below a 30 BMI to be a success, but prefer people to go under 25.

Mine either. He wants me below 120! He says that they consider anything below a 30 BMI to be a success, but prefer people to go under 25.

question for you - and not sure the difference in WLS matters much....but did your dr talk about a bounce back number?

i got as low as 123, but didn't stay there long & hover around 128-131 most days. i try not getting too hung up on that number, and with the weight training i do - my body definition is improving & body fat seems to go down.

just wondered if anyones dr talked to them about a stabalizing number that may not be your lowest. my surgeon says not to worry - but i also know i can't let up exercise or i WILL gain fat lbs back...

curious...

thnx beth/taps:)

Yeahhh Mac . . . great job. I cant wait to get back in the swing of things myself. I love your blog by the way.

Beth, Gloucester . . . congrats on the post-fill loss. I don't know what it is but I always get great loss the first week or two after any fill. I miss my fill.

Luluc, way to go on that NSV. Baby pygmy goats are just about the most adorable creatures on the planet and you made an excellent choice to go female (even if it was only by chance, lol). My son begged and pleaded for a couple of years to get some but I never conceded. I was afraid they would eat the trim off the house, lol.

Happy Monday everyone. It is rainy and dreary here but hopefully a little nicer where everyone else is :0).

It is funny, I don't like rainy days when I have to work, but a rainy day at home is awesome. I curl up in my PJ's with a good book and some tea, watch a movie, take a nap, make some really great Soup, etc.

Lulu - I asked this very question. My doc has given me an 'ideal but hard work' weight that does take into consideration % body fat, my age, other factors. He also has what he refers to as a 'more realistic weight/% body fat' number...that he thinks will be the one I will 'settle' at for the long term. The difference between those is about 7 pounds and both are a LONG way from where I am today..........

Part of his deliberations included my inclination (or lack thereof) to exercise...as even after all this time, I do NOT like to exercise. He figures that he won't set me up to fail by suggesting I achieve AND MAINTAIN a weight that is so contrary to my lifestyle and would require something I am not prepared to do. So, I have a 7 pound range of 'smokin to realistic'...but both put me at a low normal BMI.

PJTP...

Mac - congrats on your Tri - I just read your account of the race and I'm very impressed. You make me want to try one at some point in my future! :wink2:

Beth and Glouc - congrats on the losses! I have another appt with my band doc this week, so I'll see what the last month has wrought...I think I'm down a few, maybe not enough, but enough to keep going!

Baby goats sound cute, but in the city, there's no place to keep them. Although I do have a cross-town neighbor in the more rural part of my town that has llamas!

Luluc - little pre-teen girls fitting into your clothes is a MAJOR NSV! :sad:

It's cold and dreary here in CT today - no outside walk, but I'll row tonight...getting close to the end of the term for me. Statistics class is kicking my royal behind...be glad when it's over! :eek:

Back to work - no rest for the wicked and those of us whose department is trying to cut costs...:rolleyes:

Michelle, how old is your DD?

3, next month!

Michelle, better nip that in the bud now before you end up on Supernanny. :tt2: :mad:

Tell me about it! I watch that show too and have gotten some good ideas! And let me tell you, bedtimes used to be A LOT worse! Last night was nothing compared to what it was.

I did too! I finished much faster than I expected to.

Here's my report:

Fatty Fights Back: I iz triathlete

WhooHoo! So cool!

OK - I think I am caught up. It is a dreary Monday morning, after a busy weekend. Got my fill - back to where I was 2 months ago in total fill, and unfortunately only down 1 pound since then!! That is sooo discouraging, but let's hope this fill works! So far, no troubles but I haven't tested in with 'food' yet...all weekend was liquids and mushies. Today will be the test.

Lets hope this fill does it for you! Good thoughts!

been easy to get lost in FB -

That's why I keep resisting. I actually signed up the other day and un-signed up within about 5 minutes!

* small NSV, my friend stopped by on sat night on her way back home from austin; she had her daughter & friend w/her. we already had company over and the girls wanted to hang their feet in the pool. i gave them a pair of shorts to wear & they fit perfectly.....they're 11yrs old...:wink2:

WAY COOL!!!!

I was afraid they would eat the trim off the house, lol.

You never know, they might have!! LOL!

It is funny, I don't like rainy days when I have to work, but a rainy day at home is awesome. I curl up in my PJ's with a good book and some tea, watch a movie, take a nap, make some really great Soup, etc.

I prefer rainy days at home too. Pain in the butt when you have to be out in it!

PJTP...

It's cold and dreary here in CT today - no outside walk, but I'll row tonight...getting close to the end of the term for me.

Sunny and HOT here! Supposed to be 90 today, which is unheard of this time of year and by Friday down to 60 and possible snow!

I had to walk the treadmill today. :wub:

Statistics class is kicking my royal behind...be glad when it's over! :sad:

Here's hoping it's over soon!

Back to work - no rest for the wicked and those of us whose department is trying to cut costs...:rolleyes:

:eek:

PJTP: I'm back to regular foods now. So far I'm holding steady with the weight. I figure I'll probably gain but I'm hoping to keep it somewhat in check. So far, so good.

Nothing going on today. DH is at training. He's got a Falling Class for the next few days. I seriously need to make a grocery list! Yuck!

Have a great day!!

Where is everyone?? 3 hours and no posts?????

I'm doing refi stuff for the house and applying for unemployment and filling out applications. Ugh.

I do NOT like to exercise..

is that why you dropped off the exercise threads? missed ya!!!

i think the 7lbs sounds like a good # - seems to be about the same as mine, i just don't ever anticipate getting lower.....nowhere but up is the future, while figuring out how to stay put..:rolleyes:

Where is everyone?? 3 hours and no posts?????

long lunch w/girlfriend & been outside playing in garden - pretty day in dallas (75 & sunny)....while i like rainy days - it's been 4 straight & it's nice to see the big yellow ball in the sky:)

beth - i hope you find something soon!!

Thanks, Lulu. I'm not stressing it horribly right now. It's been nearly a month and I'm just now doing the unemployment thing, and that's primarily cuz hubby keeps asking.

The GOOD thing is refinancing our home will save us about $450 a month, which, after taking into account what I was putting into savings and 401k, will about makes up for what was left over out of my check.