Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

All this talk of butter cake and ooey-gooey cakes and Paula Dean is making me a bit nauseous. I think I've turned into one of *those* people... the ones who only eat healthy food and turn their noses up at the unwashed masses who go to McDonalds and eat Hostess cupcakes. :smile2:

I can only hope to get to that point. That stuff still sounds good to me; I still have to use self control. :sneaky:

All this talk of butter cake and ooey-gooey cakes and Paula Dean is making me a bit nauseous. I think I've turned into one of *those* people... the ones who only eat healthy food and turn their noses up at the unwashed masses who go to McDonalds and eat Hostess cupcakes. :sneaky:

Lol, I think I am right there with you now . . . or getting there.

Stuff I used to eat and think actually tasted good, like little debbie snack cakes, chips, greasy fast food burgers, etc turn me off now. I don't know what I used to enjoy about them.

I now actually crave the good stuff most of the time, not just eat it because I have to. I think once you commit to eating a certain way for a long enough time your tastes change.

PJTP...

Happy Belated Birthday, Beth! :clap: And WTG on the TSV! :party:

Plain...only you could come up with a less-than-pristine reference to helping out a kid...:smile2: but it was still funny! :lol2:

Susan - congrats on your awesome loss so far! Keep up the good work! :woot:

Babygrl - I'm glad you're feeling better. Unca Sam (should we call him Unca Guido instead?) has no sympathy and even less consideration for those of us who file like we're supposed to...don't worry - after he was done with you, he came to my house! :hurray:

MacMadame - I hope to one day reach that point...DH took us out to dinner last night because DD is gone for the week on a college tour. We went to Outback - I had coconut shrimp and ate exactly TWO of the six on my plate, plus a couple forkfuls of garlic mashed potatoes and I was done...I was nearly in mourning! I remember inhaling that kind of food not too long ago, and in a way I miss it, but in a better and stronger way, I don't! :mad2: Now I can enjoy small amounts of stuff like that on occasion without worrying too much - because I'm eating such a small portion, I don't get socked with thousands of calories!

It's beautiful out today, and I'm about to strap on the shoes and go for a walk...TTYL!:sneaky:

Happy Belated Birthday, Beth! :hurray: And WTG on the TSV! :mad2:

Thanks for the WTG, but belated birthday? :sneaky: My birthday's in July, so it's either REALLY belated or very early. :smile2:

DH took us out to dinner last night because DD is gone for the week on a college tour. We went to Outback - I had coconut shrimp and ate exactly TWO of the six on my plate, plus a couple forkfuls of garlic mashed potatoes and I was done.

How can you do that already? lol I'm still about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food at a serving. :sneaky:

Thanks for the WTG, but belated birthday? :mad2: My birthday's in July, so it's either REALLY belated or very early. :hurray:

i thought i missed something - congrats on the NSV however !!

with all that cake talk yesterday, i did crave something sweet - but i chose mojitos instead. DH's buz trip cut short, it was nice out - so we hit a mojito bar.

i just about felt them coming back up while doing push ups this am - on my 5th bottled Water and i'm going to be the best band patient ever today...:sneaky::rolleyes2::smile2:

beth i still eat about .5c-1c of food at one sitting....avgs around 3-4ozs, but i have a snack or 2 a day as well. i'm amazed how some days i could care less about food & others i could eat all day.

Thanks for the WTG, but belated birthday? :sneaky: My birthday's in July, so it's either REALLY belated or very early. :party:

I thought I read in a previous post that it was your birthday...oh well, blame it on the shrimp! :woot:

How can you do that already? lol I'm still about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food at a serving. :smile2:

Take tiny bites and chew really, really, really (about 5 more reallys) well. By the time I swallow it, it's about the consistency of a Protein Shake, if that. I do NOT want to get stuck in a restaurant and have to run for the bathroom (been there, done that).

Usually it's the hot bread and butter that do me in...but I took very small bites and was okay. I did get a little "stuck" feeling and stopped, so I was okay. It takes so LONG to eat now...my plate is usually cold by the time I get to a quantity that I can handle! :mad2:

Methinks my love affair with food is about over...:hurray:

I thought bile was yellow?

It might be. I have no idea. I'm thinking now that I was actually bleeding. That's why all the questions.

I think I've turned into one of *those* people... the ones who only eat healthy food and turn their noses up at the unwashed masses who go to McDonalds and eat Hostess cupcakes. :lol:

I hope to get to that point. I still like the icky stuff. Honestly tho, I don't eat the stuff very often. I have always loved peeps but this year, didn't have a one. Pretty proud of that.

I have gotten over my a$$ raping from Uncle Sam. I made hubs take me to dinner last night and I pigged out. And of course we all *know* that food solves anything.

Good for hubs for taking you out. If the food doesn't solve things at least the "getting out of the house and relaxing while someone else fixes dinner" helps a BUNCH!

Well....I'm not a doc, or even a nurse. Heck, I don't even play one on TV, so any other "medical" person wanna jump in?

hee, hee, hee

My $.02? If you were bleeding any significant amount, you'd probably know. The symptoms would vary, depending from what area the bleed is located in. I'd think it is absolutely normal for you to be sore and swollen from all the trauma that you went through taking them damn pills!!

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks. And I agree about the damn pills!! UGH! I so totally KNOW better! Especially just a couple of days after a fill! Dumb, dumb, dumb!

heartfire---when I had the problem of throwing everything up, and I do mean everything, there was a point it was darker, but that was only a short time, and then it went to being exactly what I had drank and nothing else.

My surgeon told me, if I was bleeding and it was going into my pouch or stomach and sitting, when I threw it up it would look like coffee grounds.

He also said if I ended up with a tear in my esophagus it would be a RED blood as it would be fresh.

In my case (I had a twisted intestine, and NOTHING was passing) nothing stayed in long enough for it to be old---be it blood or Water. I drank, it went down hit the blockage like a trampoline and up it come!

Thanks. I think it was old blood that I was throwing up. Sunday was way worse than Monday and I think by Monday afternoon, when I finally stopped trying to get little sips of anything down, the rest decided to start coming up. It was like flaking rust, I guess is the easiest way to describe it.

Your episode must have been very scary! I know I was scared!

My DH had a really serious, life threatening GI bleed. He ended up in ICU for a week, and is now in several medical write ups!!!

You (and he) must have absolutely terrified!! I'm so glad it all turned out okay but too bad the original doc messed up. Almost had some pretty permanent consequences!

No bleeding of the GI tract should be ignored, but especially if there are extenuating circumstances, and her band is definitely one! She could be dealing with an erosion as opposed to a slip....they happen.

That post scared me for her too. Wish we knew what happen!

I'm really curious and scared too. I've just been praying that she's getting help and is going to be okay. And I REALLY hope she lets us know how it all turned out.

I can only hope to get to that point. That stuff still sounds good to me; I still have to use self control. :crying:

I agree.

Stuff I used to eat and think actually tasted good, like little debbie snack cakes, chips, greasy fast food burgers, etc turn me off now. I don't know what I used to enjoy about them.

I now actually crave the good stuff most of the time, not just eat it because I have to. I think once you commit to eating a certain way for a long enough time your tastes change.

It is getting a little better for me since we signed up for the farm veggies that we get every week. The stuff is so good and I get so excited about it that I'm trying to cook more- cleaner (meaning not overcooking or overloading with "stuff"- simpler foods to use the yummy veggies in their best state. I grew up on junk- a bag of chips with every lunch, the big cans of Hi-C punch, sodas, ice cream, etc. We had lots of veggies, that were overcooked and covered with butter or mayo, and fruit... in Jello, etc. so I'm still trying to overcome my growing up tastebuds!!

don't worry - after he was done with you, he came to my house! :angry:

Ouch, sorry!

I was nearly in mourning! I remember inhaling that kind of food not too long ago, and in a way I miss it, but in a better and stronger way, I don't! :laugh: Now I can enjoy small amounts of stuff like that on occasion without worrying too much - because I'm eating such a small portion, I don't get socked with thousands of calories!

It's beautiful out today, and I'm about to strap on the shoes and go for a walk...TTYL!:rolleyes2:

I still have a hard time not being able to finish some things. I take a lot of stuff home but it's just not the same sometimes.

Have a great walk!

beth i still eat about .5c-1c of food at one sitting....avgs around 3-4ozs, but i have a snack or 2 a day as well. i'm amazed how some days i could care less about food & others i could eat all day.

With my fill last Thursday I was finally getting to that point of 1/2 -3/4 of a cup of food at a time. I was really sure that fill was going to be my sweet spot. I hope to get back there soon. Before that, I was eating a cup+ depending on the day and my activity level.

Methinks my love affair with food is about over...:crying:

I wish for that feeling some day. I get tired of thinking about food all the time. It actually pisses me off! I don't want to think about it all the time!!

Can't be helped sometimes tho. DD is going thru another growth spurt and I can't seem to keep her filled up! She literally eats all day long!! UGH!

Oh and Ebony. I want to thank you and Diva for your tips. I found some great ideas and DD's hair is doing SO much better! I knew I was making mistakes b/c her hair was so fly-away and her curls were actually coming out in spite of what I was trying to do. The site that help the most was the long, curly haired gal. Her hair is a lot like DD's. DD's hair now looks "done" all day instead of looking like I hadn't touched it an hour after I had! Her hair isn't tangling as much and it's easier to brush out when I need too. I bought a new brush that doesn't have the little balls on the ends of the "bristles" and I can't believe how much easier it is to do her hair! So, THANK YOU!!!!! :wub:

I am determined to get on the treadmill today in between doing like 4 loads of laundry! I want to get out in the neighborhood but I'm afraid I'm not up to it yet. (And DH went to work today and won't be home til Sunday, so he can't come rescue me!) I'm supposed to be taking it easy too tho. I woke up this AM to find that my weight is only a few 10ths from what my ticker says. I was a little disappointed! It's all the water weight but I was hoping that since I've been on liquids and now soft foods, I'd be able to keep some of it off! Oh well. I am determined to not GAIN by the time I get to my appt on the 30th!

Ok, gotta get! Have a great day!!

I hope to get to that point. I still like the icky stuff. Honestly tho, I don't eat the stuff very often. I have always loved peeps but this year, didn't have a one. Pretty proud of that.

That's a GREAT NSV for you! :rolleyes2:

Heartfire, just some unsolicited advice: If you are still supposed to be taking it easy, then take it easy. The scale ain't goin' nowhere, and this journey will pick up where you left off when you are feeling better. You will do yourself a better service if you rest and get well than if you go for that walk and potentially slow down your progress.

PJTP - Warning bad food alert, do not read further if you have a deep-fried weakness (as I do).

SCOTCH eggs - Has anyone ever had these???

• 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
  • 1 tablespoon grated onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 4 hard-cooked eggs -- shelled
  • 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs

Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties. Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Heartfire, just some unsolicited advice: If you are still supposed to be taking it easy, then take it easy. The scale ain't goin' nowhere, and this journey will pick up where you left off when you are feeling better. You will do yourself a better service if you rest and get well than if you go for that walk and potentially slow down your progress.

Yeah, I know. :rolleyes2: Thanks. I decided to not get on the treadmill today. It's not going anywhere either! I'm also NOT going to do all the laundry today either. Just enough to get us thru a little longer. It's downstairs in the garage so I don't need to be hauling all of that up and down right now.

I guess I'm just getting a little anxious. I'm such a slow loser and had really gotten into the walking (at least of the neighborhood, I actually hate the treadmill but it works) and was hoping things were really starting to move. I've been stuck in the 180's for so long too. I'm just kind of a wreck right now I guess and just want to get GOING again!

All the drama is probably just NOW catching up to me too! I've noticed, since my daughter, I'm always stuffing a lot of my emotions, especially when something is wrong with me. We're pretty close and she can read me really well. We don't have family close by and she had to go with us to the surgeon Monday night. DH and I were both anxious but trying not to show it.

Thanks, Beth.

PJTP - Warning bad food alert, do not read further if you have a deep-fried weakness (as I do).

Sounds good! I didn't notice any deep-frying tho. Sounds like it's baked. That'd be A LOT better!

SCOTCH eggs - Has anyone ever had these???

• 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley-- chopped
  • 1 tablespoon grated onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 4 hard-cooked eggs -- shelled
  • 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs

Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties. Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Oh yum... I haven't had a scotch egg in AGES!! They are fairly common here, at deli's in the lunch food counter. Yummy hot (with ketchup) or cold... Damn I want one now!