Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hey, I got my car back from the shop. It cost me over $2200 and not everything is fixed. I still have a broken oxygen sensor and a leak in my transmission pan.

But I don't want to put more money into the car at this point. It's only worth about $3500.

Mac-I am so sorry that you are having car issues. Are you going to keep the car, or trade for something else?

bbg - your daughter is too CUTE~!

ok odd thing. we have one of those digital picture frames w/usb thumbdrive of random photos we dumped into it....well twice now it stops rolling thru our phots & a new families set of photos take over ours....the SAME family. i unplug the usb & reset....goes back to normal, kinda creepy.

**My fear of animals has actually gotten worse in adulthood. I am not sure why I am afraid of them. I used to have a small dog as a kid. I can be close to puppies, but bigger dogs freak me out. I don't know what it is though.

My middle boy had a fair-to-moderate fear of dogs. stemming from a big white German Shepard that "snapped" at him when he was a little boy. That's a big part of why we got a Newf......big dog phobia cure.

I think you are lying. Because I found this pic and I'm sure that's you:

That's cool, tap.....why do you need the funky visor, though?

Nah, that's the crotch of hell (Texas. I know... I lived there 27 years).

Don't be hatin' on Texas.....er....I mean....."Don't Mess With Texas".

Reading my previous post doesn't sound as good as it did in my head. It's supposed to sound evil.

Hm, unfortunately it sounds more like you just took a laxative. :P

Tap-I don't know how you live in such cold weather. Are you sure you aren't in Antarctica?

SNOW!?! WTH? We were whining this weekend b/c it's got down to the 40's! Wait, I've got it, Tap is Mrs. Claus with all her baking!!! xmas.gif

And speaking of the girl, her dance team won second overall in their competition this past weekend. They were the only girls there who had never completed before. They were so excited to get their trophy and they rocked the house.

That's so great!!! award_1.gif

more like cankle - much better though, thanks. 3 days of being off it & and 8+hrs of icing each day really kept the swelling down. got my funky bootie on this AM, not running anytime soon. :thumbup:

Did Kat's horse ointment idea help?

Layoffs abounding at the job - not me yet, but heard an entire department was let go...sad.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I had lunch with a bunch of gf's this weekend. One is an architect. She said that her firm has gone from 52 workers to 25 and that they no longer match their 401K and are now paying for their own insurance. Craziness.

We'll be arriving at oh-dark-thirty on Friday night...

I'm such a dork - I didn't realize that "oh-dark-thirty" was a national phrase; i thought it was regional. Do you also say that you'll have to get up at the "butt crack of dawn"? :P What about "noon thirty."

BBG - your daughter is SO cute!!! Thanks for posting her victory pics!

ok odd thing. we have one of those digital picture frames w/usb thumbdrive of random photos we dumped into it....well twice now it stops rolling thru our phots & a new families set of photos take over ours....the SAME family. i unplug the usb & reset....goes back to normal, kinda creepy.

OK that is beyond weird!

Reading my previous post doesn't sound as good as it did in my head. It's supposed to sound evil.

:lol:

PJTP - I had the most fun thing happen today. My surgeon had to come look for me b/c they were waiting on me! They were actually running ahead of time. Victory is miiiiiine!!! :biggrin:

My weekend was so busy.....well, for me! A gf came in from NY. We had lunch with 3 other girlfriends, then went to the High Museum to see the Chinese Terra Cotta exhibit (very interesting tho very small pieces) with a friend and her hubby, and then snacks/drinks. (Mmm, margaritas!) My friend went to the King Tut exhibit (I'd already seen it in Memphis) and then we went for facials. My face is as smooth as a baby's butt! Ha.

PJTP....I just looked at Jonnie's PS album in Photo section:scared2:...I have so changed my mind about PS. I thought before after looking at PS pics that there would be no way. But now I am sure there is NO WAY I will have it. I will tuck all extra fat into anything that will hold it. After all I have been tucking fat in for my whole life. 10 lbs versus almost 200 extra lbs is doable! As far as the girls go, I'll underwire, duct tape or whatever I have to do to make them look a little perkey.:P

By the way for ya'll that has had PS kudos to ya'll. Your braver than I am. 2 of my children were natural childbirth, no pain killers or anything, I would rather do that again than PS

Edited by gone 4 ever

Mac-I am so sorry that you are having car issues. Are you going to keep the car, or trade for something else?

I have to keep it for now. But we'll trade it for something else as soon as we can. OTOH, if I put the money into it, it might last for another eight years so who knows...

That's cool, tap.....why do you need the funky visor, though?

So her x-ray vision doesn't blind regular humans. Gee, don't you know anything?!

:P

I forgot to tell y'all that I had a 2.3 cc fill today so I only had 1/2 of a pizza, 2 liter of Mtn Dew, and large shake. I think I'm at my sweet spot!!! Lol

PJTP: I've decided to grow out my super awesome pseudo-goatee for my friend's Memorial day party. It's because I'm awesome. Be on the lookout for a Facebook status update for more information (actually, it won't be more information. Hmmmmmm).

Hey, I got my car back from the shop. It cost me over $2200 and not everything is fixed. I still have a broken oxygen sensor and a leak in my transmission pan.

But I don't want to put more money into the car at this point. It's only worth about $3500.

I know exactly what you mean...the great debate: spend the money and maybe the car will last or assume any future investment in it is money wasted...

doodooDoodoo...to the tune of the Outerlimits running thru my head.15_4_131.gif

I agree! Totally outerlimit-ish phenomenon, and the tune went through my head as well.

Hm, unfortunately it sounds more like you just took a laxative. :thumbup:

:lol::lol:

Tap is Mrs. Claus with all her baking!!! xmas.gif

Does Mrs. Claus bake?

After all I have been tucking fat in for my whole life. 10 lbs versus almost 200 extra lbs is doable! As far as the girls go, I'll underwire, duct tape or whatever I have to do to make them look a little perkey.:P

By the way for ya'll that has had PS kudos to ya'll. Your PS

I must go check out the photos...I starting to investigate PS, but maybe I shouldn't???

So her x-ray vision doesn't blind regular humans. Gee, don't you know anything?!

:biggrin:

hee hee:cool2: Reminds me - I've got to get my new spectacles today - I thought they were needed because of my aging eyes, but instead perhaps it is because of the whole x-ray vision thing.

PJTP: I've decided to grow out my super awesome pseudo-goatee for my friend's Memorial day party. It's because I'm awesome.

I'm sure all your super awesome friends will appreciate your commitment to hirsuteness!

Whew - I think I'm caught up on last evening's posts.

A sunny Tuesday, a payday, AND one day closer to spring - be still my heart!

PJTP...it's a beautiful sunny morning in my CT neighborhood...

Had to drive to work this morning because I missed the train, and I didn't even mind because it's so pretty out!

New victory - lost two pounds, and on my way again...wonderful NSV - dropped another pant size! :P Lane Bryant will not have me as a customer for much longer if this keeps up (and it will!). I started this journey wearing a size Yellow 6 in their Right Fit jeans, and now I'm down to a Red 3, with a 2 not far behind. Once I get down to a Red 1, then I leave the store. :biggrin::w00t::thumbup:

I'm even down a size in my jackets (and my bras), which is a major victory because the 'girls' never seem to want to go anywhere!!

Mac - I'm sorry to hear about your car - I've got similar car issues. My beloved Red Caddy (Ruby, dontcha know) failed emissions, and the proposed bill for the fixes (several possible things) is around $3600. I can't replace the car for that, but I also don't want to spend that right now with college bills looming. I've got an appointment with the dealership on April 11th, and CT requires me to spend at least $660 to get an exemption from further emissions-fixing-related-spending. I hope that fixes it - I'm probably at least a year away from being able to purchase a newer car. I love my car, but with over 150K miles, is it really WORTH putting that kind of money into it? Decisions, decisions...

Have a terrific day, everyone - I'm in a great mood and just had to share! :lol: