Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

But Tap, you are super woman. I am a meer mortal. I couldn't keep up with you on a good day. I don't know how you do it. Do you think some of it might rub off on me just by association?

But Tap, you are super woman. I am a meer mortal. I couldn't keep up with you on a good day. I don't know how you do it. Do you think some of it might rub off on me just by association?

I almost spilled my coffee on that post!! Super woman....HARDLY...although I did used to have a cape!

You are super woman to me. :) I don't accomplish maybe even a 4th of what you do in a day. Heck, I am not sure that I do in a week, what you do in a day. You are a cleaning, cooking, and baking super hero.:)

Morning all.

I saw Les Miserables last night for the first time - IT WAS GREAT. A friend at work had an extra ticket (she and hubby have season tickets and he went fishing - ha) So, she and I had a little date night. :)

Both of us were crying so hard at the end we looked like idiots.

I enjoyed Les Mis too (although not last night ; I saw it years ago). No tears, but I did enjoy the play. (I don't think I've ever cried at plays or movie. The news, yes. Fiction? no.)

PJTP--

HELLO all! :wink: I miss you all!

Then post more! I miss you too!

PJTP: I'm officially unemployed as of 5:00 today. :)
Yes. :)

I guess you can say I'm relieved. I had been so miserable there the last couple of months I could hardly get up in the morning to drag my old, tired ass through the front doors.

There is a dynamic there which is toxic and unhealthy, and everybody I've talked to this evening said how GOOD I sound for the first time in over a month.

Well since you are relieved then I'm happy for you. I hope you'll find something else very soon.

One time in a meeting in CA, I was setting up the hotel conference room. She emailed me at 5 that morning, and at 8 am I replied...well, about 5 minutes after I replied, she came flying into the conference room, hair 1/2 done, makeup 1/2 done and in her robe. She said, "Don't you EVER reply to me when I'm getting ready! What do you think I was doing? I was getting ready for THE CONFERENCE!!!" She was shaking and spitting she was so mad.

So, I stood up (I towered over her) and said, "Excuse me" in the nicest way I could. I went up to my room and called back home and my friends reminded me to wait...I couldn't just leave then.

So, I did...found another job when we got back to TX, left a sticky on her monitor that said, "I quit" and I left.

I heard from a friend later that she was FURIOUS that I'd just slunked away like that. But, she was the drama queen and I knew if I'd quit to her face she'd have dragged it out and made herself to the be the victim. This way, she had nothing to say about any kind of "confrontation".

Although, truth be told, I'd much rather have squashed her little troll head to the ground.

Dang she sounds like she deserved that. Drama queen and maybe a little bit of "the world revolves around me" syndrome. What a b*tch.

We are supposed to get storms this afternoon and major severe weather tomorrow. But, because I am a storm/tornado junkie, I am excited about it. I know, I am a freak.

I'm a weather junkie too. I have a file in my favorites with nothing but weather sites. I follow hurricanes. The biggest one I can remember was Floyd. I believe it was back in 99, that sucker was huge! The smaller ones seem to pack more punch though.

I get updates from TornadoVideos.net, when weather cells look to produce tornadoes. These are the same guys who make the show Storm Chasers. Good show.

I enjoyed Les Mis too (although not last night ; I saw it years ago). No tears, but I did enjoy the play. (I don't think I've ever cried at plays or movie. The news, yes. Fiction? no.)

Wow really? I cry over anything! I even cried when Odie was taken away in an old Garfield cartoon...

Ah Slim...it's a pity you are scared of animals. I can't imagine that, and my life would be a lot different (and less happy) had I not had animals.

I agree. My life would be very unhappy without my love of animals.

Well, as you vetoed cleaning (:)), what about sewing (hand or craft)? gardening? reading? baking? cooking? painting (walls or art)? some craft? scanning all old photos so that you can get rid of the albums? taking some books to the used book store? giving yourself a manicure? doing your taxes? organizing your DVDs? etc etc.....

My being bored was after I thought about what else I could be doing. The only thing that even sounded like fun last night was to bake and decorate a cake. But I don't keep the stuff around to do that on a spur anymore. I would eat it. So I don't do it now except for special occasions. Then I buy what I need.

Happy Saturday everyone. Hopefully none of you are in the floods/ snowstorms/ or tornadoes, if you are I pray for your saftey. We were supposed to get bad storms overnight but didn't. Now they are saying this afternoon.

Wow really? I cry over anything! I even cried when Odie was taken away in an old Garfield cartoon...

I am like you Diva, I cry over everything. Even some advertisements make me cry. My kids laugh at me until I catch them crying. Then it is the old saying of "I have something in my eye" routine.:) yea right!

I almost spilled my coffee on that post!! Super woman....HARDLY...although I did used to have a cape!

So you're saying you don't have it anymore, or you don't use it anymore? If it's the latter, is it possible it holds any super powers at all? And if so, may I borrow it? I get tired just reading the stuff you do!

Tippy-Tap: Does more before 9:00 am than I do all d-- erm :), all week.

* glouc - i LOVED les mis; saw it yrs ago back home in NY

* slim - i'm sorry your afraid of animals, i think the only time i didn't have a furry friend was 2yrs i lived in a condo that had a no pet policy; i still snuck in some fish

* taps - i want your cape, rather i need it - does it come w/out a klutz factor?

* my ankle - pic attached, proof i'm turning into my mother every day not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.....hairline fracture & i got out of running w/my trainer this AM.....happy pills - i'm bored; will be a silly poster today:)

* oh and i really was overdo for a pedi:)

post-225434-13813138265662_thumb.jpg

OW, Lulu!! So sorry you hurt yourself, but yay on the not running thing! :)

I couldn't run from here to my mailbox if Godzilla himself was after me. :)

So you're saying you don't have it anymore, or you don't use it anymore? If it's the latter, is it possible it holds any super powers at all? And if so, may I borrow it? I get tired just reading the stuff you do!

Tippy-Tap: Does more before 9:00 am than I do all d-- erm :), all week.

I am with you on that. May we all have a piece of the cape?:wink:

* taps - i want your cape, rather i need it - does it come w/out a klutz factor?

* my ankle - pic attached, proof i'm turning into my mother every day not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.....hairline fracture & i got out of running w/my trainer this AM.....happy pills - i'm bored; will be a silly poster today:)

* oh and i really was overdo for a pedi:)

I am so sorry about your anke. You aren't a klutz though. Anyone that can run with a trainer could NOT be a klutz.

I couldn't run from here to my mailbox if Godzilla himself was after me. :)

:wink::lol:That is such a mental picture.

**My fear of animals has actually gotten worse in adulthood. I am not sure why I am afraid of them. I used to have a small dog as a kid. I can be close to puppies, but bigger dogs freak me out. I don't know what it is though. It is kind of like my fear of heights. I could do heights as a child, but now...No way.

I am so sorry about your anke. You aren't a klutz though. Anyone that can run with a trainer could NOT be a klutz.

**My fear of animals has actually gotten worse in adulthood. I am not sure why I am afraid of them. I used to have a small dog as a kid. I can be close to puppies, but bigger dogs freak me out. I don't know what it is though. It is kind of like my fear of heights. I could do heights as a child, but now...No way.

oh i am a klutz - and getting worse as i age it seems. i fell at the vet too, not paying attention to my surroundings and my 90lb lab wanted to get friendly w/a little kitten. he and the rest of my body fell on my ankle.

re - animals, did you have a bad experience? was a cute litter of kittens at the vet yesterday....dont' get as big as dogs:)

Lu----don't freak out over me saying this....I KNOW it is not something highly recommended, but I also know it works!! Go out to the barn and get the DMSO horse liniment, and rub a tiny amount on your ankle. NOT MUCH and wash your hands of course after, it helps so much with the tendon and muscle pull pain it is incredible. My 2nd Dad, Rex, a man I grew up with that owned the ranch down the road, is a vet, and when I was a kid, I twisted mine trying to be as big as the rest of them bucking bales, and he used it on me then, and through the years we have sparingly used it. He is now 84 years old, and still working hard. He is my pet/stock discount! My fees for his taking care of our horses and cattle as needed range from lasagna to brownies----he appreciates it all! I do have a niece in college still doing basics and pre req's but planning on becoming a vet....it is my only hope, someday Rex will not be able to come when I holler. That will be sadder in MANY ways than simply paying a vet.

Well, I did something I said I was not going to do! I am going back to work. My DH is in the oilfield related work sector, and lay offs are abounding! Locally his company is working non stop, they literally do not have enough employees to do the work because of the layoffs. But the lay offs are ordered globally---it is a worldwide company. So when profits go down, and there is not enough $$$ left after paying all the wheels their bonus money---they order an across the board cut of force----this was a 7% cut. So now that they are short here, they are bringing in crews from other places to do the work, because you know that is SO cost effective! Pay them their wages, per diem, and put them up in a motel......rather than keep local, experienced hands. No damn wonder the company is not making profit! Idiots I swear!

So anyway with that hanging over our heads, and this opportunity come calling on me, I kinda felt like maybe fate was telling me something! So I start Monday. I am excited, these are people I really like and the work is interesting. I will be working for the surgeon who has been operating on my brothers eyes for years. I will be in the office mainly, doing the lab work, which is something I really enjoy. I will work roughly 9-5 Mon-Wed, and 9-2 Thur & Fr. The pay is good, and maybe it will keep me away from the fridge for those hours each day too!!!

Actually my fill is working WELL!!! I just finished a Protein Shake and it took about 2 hours to drink it!

I am off my steroids now so hoping to drop what I put back on, which sucks in SUCH a big way!!!

I will do my best to keep up, if only by reading during my breaks!!! Gotta love lap tops and air cards, what did we do before them?????

Lu----don't freak out over me saying this....I KNOW it is not something highly recommended, but I also know it works!! Go out to the barn and get the DMSO horse liniment, and rub a tiny amount on your ankle. NOT MUCH and wash your hands of course after, it helps so much with the tendon and muscle pull pain it is incredible.

kat - just sent DH down to the barn. i'll try anything, actually icing it after the hospital trip for 8hrs really helped the swelling & pain.....but i just don't have the luxury of being "out of commission". DH goes overseas on monday; so i need to be able to get around & manage the ranch some.

thanks for the TIP!

also - all the best on the job front!