Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

?JT?: Does anybody else here have a digital scale? And if you do, is it indicative that the battery is going bad if you get on the freakin thing three times and get three different weights within minutes of each other? :huh2:

Is the weight going up or down? Up - the batteries are going; down - nope, it is real!

?JT?: Does anybody else here have a digital scale? And if you do, is it indicative that the battery is going bad if you get on the freakin thing three times and get three different weights within minutes of each other? :huh2:

did you exhale - then inhale??? you know that air carries some lbs...:)

all kidding - my digital's batteries last a good while.

Is the weight going up or down? Up - the batteries are going; down - nope, it is real!

:huh2::lol: I recently went through this with my digital scale. I was ok with it as long as the weight change was in my favor. When it started going up, I changed the batteries fast!

Also Beth, do you have it on a flat surface? If it is on carpet, it won't take an accurate reading.

Also Beth, do you have it on a flat surface? If it is on carpet, it won't take an accurate reading.

good point - we have to put ours on the wood floors vs tile. the tile is grooved (slate) with uneven bumps.

Hehe, I like that.

This morning it went up 1 pound; then down 3.5 pounds; then up 2.5 pounds from the low... all just this morning.

I never weigh myself over and over in a day -- I usually just do it once. But I guess I wanted to double-check because I was like wth about it going up. It's really weird.

did you exhale - then inhale??? you know that air carries some lbs...:)

all kidding - my digital's batteries last a good while.

:huh2:

I don't recall the last time I replaced the battery, but as we all know, the scale is only being used for a few seconds each time it's used.

Yes, it's on the tile floor in the bathroom.

Ah, Lulu, just read your reply. Hmmm... good thought.

good point - we have to put ours on the wood floors vs tile. the tile is grooved (slate) with uneven bumps.

Ahh I love my slate floors :huh2:

And update on the job situation: was offered, and subsequently turned down, the position that would require me to move 1500 miles (some of them north); still awaiting word on the work-from-home-50% of the time job. The interview for it was BRUTAL...and I'm someone who usually loves interviews (a wonderful opportunity to think on your feet, and demonstrate your communication skills first hand).

Best wishes on that!

no go on the dog; my neighbor actually rescued her so i'll actually get to see her regularly. i knew should would swoop in when we didn't make a fast decision. she just lost her yorkie to coyotes last month.

Well sad you didn't get the doggie, but hey seeing him everyday or almost is good too! You can pet him and love him, and give him back!

Oh man just don't let short hair on a dog fool you. I didn't think mine would shed like he does since its so short.... BULL! He sheds everywhere and it's so freaking hard to get off of things.

He is SOOOOOOO worth it though :eek:

CUTE!!

:huh2::laugh::)

Oh I love stepping on my scale on the carpet. I'm always about 135... hehe

And update on the job situation: was offered, and subsequently turned down, the position that would require me to move 1500 miles (some of them north); still awaiting word on the work-from-home-50% of the time job. The interview for it was BRUTAL...and I'm someone who usually loves interviews (a wonderful opportunity to think on your feet, and demonstrate your communication skills first hand).

Good luck with that!

Why do I have to read the other replies to realize that I missed something. I don't know how I miss entire posts.

Oh I love stepping on my scale on the carpet. I'm always about 135... hehe

:):lol:I knew my size 24 body did weigh anywhere near the 95 lbs the scale said.:huh2: I didn't want to move it to flat ground to see what I really weighed.

PJTP - DH (really not the "H" part, but we mostly are...) and I just got our first joint banking account.

I'm a bit nervous. Not that I don't trust him, but it's just DIFFERENT. (I don't know why I'm nervous...we opened it with HIS money...ha ha...SUCKER.)

PJTP - DH (really not the "H" part, but we mostly are...) and I just got our first joint banking account.

I'm a bit nervous. Not that I don't trust him, but it's just DIFFERENT. (I don't know why I'm nervous...we opened it with HIS money...ha ha...SUCKER.)

took 5yrs of marriage before we did that......still have our own separate accts:blush: i never felt so vulnerable......LOL

LOL...yeah, I was talking about this at work, and it hit me that I have a savings account I'd forgotten about. I'm sure no one would even know about it if I died, so I need to put that info somewhere. It's not much in it...just a little bit each paycheck goes in it. Even I'd forgotten it.