Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I'd like to just go ahead and skip that 13-18 phase.

I was horrible, too. I snuck out, I lied, I smoked, I had sex - it got to the point where mom no longer cared. I'd just tell her, "I'm leaving and will be back next week." She'd just say, "Okay."

I'm lucky I'm alive, really. I want DD to be better than me, but it looks like she's got that sneakiness to her that I had.

Funny, she thinks her ideas are fresh and new. Sorry, kid...been there. Done that.

Funny, she thinks her ideas are fresh and new. Sorry, kid...been there. Done that.

See, how do you let them know that they aren't getting over on you without letting them know that you did it too? I am so afraid that my son is going to be a mini version of his dad. I am trying really hard to nip that in the bud now!:)

, but I DO know what I want to look like...hey, that could be a new thread: Whose body do you want when you get to goal?

I want to have Sara Michelle Gellar's (?) The Ghost Wisperer. Man I just had a bad senior moment when I can't remember her name.:blink:

It killed my kids when I would tell them sorry been there done that. I lectured them on drugs and the whole 9 yards. I told them I didn't want them to make the same mistakes I made. I let them know that NO matter what their friends would say it wasn't as good as they are making it out to be. :sneaky:That seemed to help some. So glad they are grown now. Now I deal with the grandbabies. Harder to say well nana did this or that to them. Nana is supposed to be good all the time! Boy are they gonna be dissapointed!:)

Jennifer Love Hewitt is the ghost whisperer. Miss My hair never moves and i can cry huge tears at the drop of the hat!

....like when clearly the post has no relevance or adds no value to the OP's question or concern.

Like this:

OP Question: I am having trouble finding a good fish recipe I like...can anyone help?

Response: I hate fish! Fish makes me gag!

Can someone explain the purpose of this? I mean, if you don't like fish, then why dont you just move on to the next thread? Who really cares what makes you gag or not gag???? I know I don't.

Then how about this? Try www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

You will be the happiest people in the world to see this gal's site...TOO TREMENDOUS!

Jennifer Love Hewitt is the ghost whisperer. Miss My hair never moves and i can cry huge tears at the drop of the hat!

Do NOT diss my beloved JL Hewitt!!

MacBoy is so conservative. He won't even drink wine at Thanksgiving when I say it's okay.

I think that is why DD and I are so close now. She tried pulling all that cr@p and it was me thinking "been there, done that" I knew every trick in the book and I wasn't going to let her make the mistakes I made.

I am very proud of her now. She is an RN and dropped all her druggie friends after H.S. who are all big losers now with basically no lives.

It was worth all the hell she put me through.

Goodmorning its a rainy cool day here..I need to hit the gym but dang its nasty out..before the band on a day like this I would make a huge plate of french toast.. Now if I tried to eat 1 bite of french toast I would spend 2hrs pbing..

French toast?? *sigh*, I miss french toast with butter, cinnamon and lots of thick, rich Syrup. Ugh, thanks for taking me there.

Tap, yes, it has been all Wednesdays here. I think the weekend is never going to come.

So far so good with my kids, Justin is 18 and graduating in May. Danielle is 16 and a great kid. My philosophy has always been to be very open and honest with them so they know they can talk to me about anything. And, they do. Sometimes, too much so. Plus, our house is the house where all the kids seem to always be hanging out at, so I always know where everyone is. They all call me "mom".

I'm on vacation this week. It has flown by! If I had been at work, I am sure it would not be Thursday yet.

Susan, that is great about your kids. I have told DS that he can talk to me any time about any thing. At this point, he talks to me, but he still will try to pass off little lies. I have told him that it is better to always tell me the truth so that if a situation ever comes up that he NEEDS me to believe him, I can with no reservation. I told him that if he lies to me about little things, how will I ever be able to believe him on the big things? I don't know if that is working yet. We shall see.

See, how do you let them know that they aren't getting over on you without letting them know that you did it too? I am so afraid that my son is going to be a mini version of his dad. I am trying really hard to nip that in the bud now!:)

I don't hide too much of my past. I haven't told her everything, but she knows I used to do be one of the bad kids and that life has been hard up until now.

French toast?? *sigh*, I miss french toast with butter, cinnamon and lots of thick, rich Syrup. Ugh, thanks for taking me there.

Tap, yes, it has been all Wednesdays here. I think the weekend is never going to come.

So far so good with my kids, Justin is 18 and graduating in May. Danielle is 16 and a great kid. My philosophy has always been to be very open and honest with them so they know they can talk to me about anything. And, they do. Sometimes, too much so. Plus, our house is the house where all the kids seem to always be hanging out at, so I always know where everyone is. They all call me "mom".

Growing up my mom used to mix softened butter with karo syrup, and we'd dip bread into. Gee... Why am I fat?

And, it is still Wednesday! You nailed it, because all week it's felt like this!

I'd told DD she can talk to me about anything, but she doesn't. She's so private and that's what scares me the most. She won't even raise her hand in class because she doesn't like to talk. I worry that she'll think of something and not share with anyone.

But, yeah, her friends are starting to call me mom. DH can't stand that their always at our house, but I'd rather that than not even know where she is.

I'm on vacation this week. It has flown by! If I had been at work, I am sure it would not be Thursday yet.

Nah...it'd be Wednesday. :blink:

Susan, that is great about your kids. I have told DS that he can talk to me any time about any thing. At this point, he talks to me, but he still will try to pass off little lies. I have told him that it is better to always tell me the truth so that if a situation ever comes up that he NEEDS me to believe him, I can with no reservation. I told him that if he lies to me about little things, how will I ever be able to believe him on the big things? I don't know if that is working yet. We shall see.

DD doesn't outright lie, she just doesn't answer the question fully. She's getting good at being sneaky, so now I have to ask my questions with as many parameters as I can think of:

"Did you do ALL the homework that ANY teacher assigned to you at ANY time, due ANY DAY this YEAR?" That's when she shrugs and says, "I guess so." ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

DD doesn't outright lie, she just doesn't answer the question fully. She's getting good at being sneaky, so now I have to ask my questions with as many parameters as I can think of:

"Did you do ALL the homework that ANY teacher assigned to you at ANY time, due ANY DAY this YEAR?" That's when she shrugs and says, "I guess so." ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

He does both. He will skirt around the truth. He will tell you the truth, but not the whole truth. Other times, he just tells an outright lie. The outright lies are fewer now, but the sneaky lies are getting more.

When there this age, the only times they smile at you is because they want a ride somewhere or money. Or both.

It just seemed to happen overnight, too. One day she was normal and the next...not so much.

Anyone out there have a little hellion and turned it around? If so, how? What freedoms do you limit and which ones do you allow for?