Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Ebony Congrats on the new size!!! I am going to get my first fill in well over 2 years (June would be 3!!) next Monday. I am weaning off the steroids now, and hoping to remove the weight I have managed to regain. Totally sucks!!! But beats becoming an alcoholic which I considered as opposed to eating myself to comfort!!!

With DD being so bad, I stayed days in the hospital and all, and omg the weight come back with a vengeance!!!

You are working for it, and you are being rewarded, enjoy your new size and clothes!!!

Hi guys thx for all the support I bit it and called him and said what's up with the ring.. He said long story short I've been un happy you've been unhappy we had a great day at the beach and you made me smile just wanted to return the favor... He said it was just a random act of kindness.. His words exactly.

Okay...I'd still be careful. Have the ring appraised (for insurance purposes ya know) and if it's more than $500, I'd still be suspicious. Take him at his word, but be careful with future interactions - you may have to remind him of his words at some future date. Do it kindly if you can, but by all means be careful. I'd hate to have you feeling beholden to this man...:sneaky:

Ebony Congrats on the new size!!! I am going to get my first fill in well over 2 years (June would be 3!!) next Monday. I am weaning off the steroids now, and hoping to remove the weight I have managed to regain. Totally sucks!!! But beats becoming an alcoholic which I considered as opposed to eating myself to comfort!!!

With DD being so bad, I stayed days in the hospital and all, and omg the weight come back with a vengeance!!!

You are working for it, and you are being rewarded, enjoy your new size and clothes!!!

Thanks so much, Kat! :lol:

I wish the scale were moving as fast as my clothing sizes, but I once had a WW leader who said she didn't care if she weighed 300 pounds, as long as she could fit into a size 8...I'm not quite there yet, attitude wise, but I'm getting there slowly...

PJTP - I have a new goal date: July 4 - 9 I will be in Florida. Partly for a family reunion (4 - 6) hubby has to return for work on the 7th, me and DD are going to stay a couple of extra days, and then head to Virginia State U on the 10th for her freshman orientation. I was going to send her solo, but a parent has to attend, so we'll get a couple of extra mother-daughter days, and then the college visit.

My baby girl is growing up! *sniff* :lol::crying:

I don't know if I am ready yet!!!!!:thumbup:

I wish the scale were moving as fast as my clothing sizes, but I once had a WW leader who said she didn't care if she weighed 300 pounds, as long as she could fit into a size 8...

I agree completely! At this point, I don't care what the scale says. I want to be a real size 8 or maybe even a size 6 and to have 22% body fat (or lower). If I never lose another pounds again but I lose the body fat and go to a smaller size, then I'll be happy.

Okay...I'd still be careful. Have the ring appraised (for insurance purposes ya know) and if it's more than $500, I'd still be suspicious. Take him at his word, but be careful with future interactions - you may have to remind him of his words at some future date. Do it kindly if you can, but by all means be careful. I'd hate to have you feeling beholden to this man...:sneaky:

I wish the scale were moving as fast as my clothing sizes, but I once had a WW leader who said she didn't care if she weighed 300 pounds, as long as she could fit into a size 8...I'm not quite there yet, attitude wise, but I'm getting there slowly...

...head to Virginia State U on the 10th for her freshman orientation. I was going to send her solo, but a parent has to attend, so we'll get a couple of extra mother-daughter days, and then the college visit.

My baby girl is growing up! *sniff* :lol::crying:

I don't know if I am ready yet!!!!!:thumbup:

Re: the ring situation - I agree!

Re: weight versus size - I can understand it intellectually, but in reality, I NEED to see weight and clothing size numbers both be what I want!

Re: the university needs a parent to attend orientation? WTH is that about? I'd have immediately vetoed any university that suggested that back in the day...particularly when I went back the second time in my 30's!!:lol:

Re: 'baby is growing up; don't know if I am ready"...I'm sure my mother was saying - Thanks be to God; get her outta here!!!:thumbup:

Think of it this way, Ebony, would you rather weigh 130 and fit in a 22W or be whatever size you are at and be in a size 8? :sneaky:

Re: 'baby is growing up; don't know if I am ready"...I'm sure my mother was saying - Thanks be to God; get her outta here!!!:lol:

I guess PG would call her a horrible mother, then. :sneaky:

I guess PG would call her a horrible mother, then. :sneaky:

**Do. not. bite. Keep. PJTP thread. PG free.** Tap refrains from joining in...but it's killing her!!!:lol::lol:

Think of it this way, Ebony, would you rather weigh 130 and fit in a 22W or be whatever size you are at and be in a size 8? :lol:

I'd much rather wear the size 8, thank you, girlfriend! :thumbup:

And y'all will definately be among the first to know when I get there! Although at nearly 6 feet tall, I don't know what size I will end up, but I DO know what I want to look like...hey, that could be a new thread: Whose body do you want when you get to goal?

I guess PG would call her a horrible mother, then. :lol:

You bad girl you...*smirking* :sneaky:

I'd much rather wear the size 8, thank you, girlfriend! :thumbup:

And y'all will definately be among the first to know when I get there! Although at nearly 6 feet tall, I don't know what size I will end up, but I DO know what I want to look like...hey, that could be a new thread: Whose body do you want when you get to goal?

Nearly 6 feet tall?? Hell, girl, I want YOURS!! :lol:

You bad girl you...*smirking* :sneaky:

Yeah, me bad. Tap is being SUCH a good girl! :lol:

I don't care if Beelzebub himself came to this thread... it never dies. :sneaky:

Yeah, me bad. Tap is being SUCH a good girl! :sneaky:

Better put on your sunglasses - my halo is glowing!

I agree completely! At this point, I don't care what the scale says. I want to be a real size 8 or maybe even a size 6 and to have 22% body fat (or lower). If I never lose another pounds again but I lose the body fat and go to a smaller size, then I'll be happy.

good point.

i think my body is just going to stabelize at 130lbs. i've gone lower & stayed for a while - but it just seems to like 130 shows up on the scale more often than not. good thing w/working out my clothes fit fine & body fat dropping - so i guess i should change my signature about now....:sneaky:

good point.

i think my body is just going to stabelize at 130lbs. i've gone lower & stayed for a while - but it just seems to like 130 shows up on the scale more often than not. good thing w/working out my clothes fit fine & body fat dropping - so i guess i should change my signature about now....:sneaky:

So see, you're dropping body fat and gaining muscle. I don't care WHAT Jillian says, I believe that happens. Nothing else can account for people who go down two clothing sizes but stay the same size.

Eh, I'd keep it at 124 since you apparently have the BODY of a 124 pound person. How's that? :lol:

Your no help tap.. Do I have to give the ring back ?It is very pretty..

I would walk up to him and say "dude I pawned that ring and bought a sweet set of bath oils and chocolates. Thanks, man!"

Plain, was that you following me home from Walmart the other day? I warn you, there WILL be a restraining order if it continues.

*cough cough....Uh, no.....wasn't me.

I think my boobs must be playing jedi mind trick on the men at work...note to self stop wearing baby tees to work

That's stupid and insulting that you think men could so easily......be.......distracted.......boobs, heh heh....I like 'em....

Well, in my experience there are many males, but MEN...nope, few and far between (by my definition, a MAN has maturity of the brain not just the body)

:)

Well said.

That's great! New size, and great attitude!

LOL!

I agree.

Don't challenge me on multiquoting, tap.

I almost felt like picking a fight today. I was trying to think of what I could post in another thread to get pgreen going.

O...M...G....

**Do. not. bite. Keep. PJTP thread. PG free.

If this thread goes that way, I'm outs!

The best thing about DDs growing up are grandbabies! My grandson is going to have his first birthday next month and he is just starting to take his first steps. He is so adorable!

My DD was hell to raise between age 13-18 but we are very close like best friends now. She made me a thing at those paint your own pottery places that says

"My Mom My Best Friend" last year for mother's day. It made me cry.