Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I often wonder why some people don't seem lose any weight after being banded. Any theories?

yup, here til i deliver - doc said yesterday it could be next week... hopefully not ... im hoping for the middle of the week after next... just keep him baking a tad longer... but of course, it all depends on my BP - which is great here ... first reading today 138/56...

i agree ... but i need to START the coffee... i need to find a bribable intern to run to 'bux!! :cursing:

Rest rest rest...

Get a family member/friend to get a European coffee maker - sort of like an old fashioned perc; put in ground Beans and add boiling Water. Surely the hospital kitchenette has a kettle ... beats the coffeemaker stuff!

I often wonder why some people don't seem lose any weight after being banded. Any theories?

cause they eat double doubles from in n out burger??

Rest rest rest...

Get a family member/friend to get a European coffee maker - sort of like an old fashioned perc; put in ground Beans and add boiling Water. Surely the hospital kitchenette has a kettle ... beats the coffeemaker stuff!

actually, i only like the REAL foo foo coffee... Chai Lattes, Peppermint Mochas, etc.... i'll get over it... :cursing:

Diet Tribe or something like that. One of the women on the "diet" is a previous bypass patient who now weighs almost 300. I can't imagine going through that surgery to gain that much weight. I'm just saying...

i have it tivo'd but haven't sat down to watch.

my biggest fear w/being banded was that it wasn't going to work - since i lost so little in the beginning....that has to be devastating to gain after wls.!.

ljm - i BET you can find a sleep deprived inter needing a bux run.....i also like taps idea!!

I had a hard time eating a footlong sub before banding,

I couldn't do it. I couldn't finish the 6". I'd eat out most of the insides and leave at least some of the bread.< /p>

And yet I was still MO. Go figure.

One of the women on the "diet" is a previous bypass patient who now weighs almost 300. I can't imagine going through that surgery to gain that much weight. I'm just saying...

I have a SIL whose sisters both have bypass. They both gained all their weight back, assuming they even lost it all to begin with. I didn't even realize they had bypass until I had my surgery and the family gossip tree started humming. They not only are big, but they drink with their meals, drink diet soda, etc.

I think it has to be quite frustrating to be them and that's my biggest fear -- that it will happen to me.

There's just something about Beth... I love ya for it though!

LOL, and some ugly dog-faced guy called me a c*nt. That place is eeeeevil.

PJTP: Thank God for fills. Second was much more aggressive, and I no longer feel like I could eat my desk. He says he has me where he would have had me anyway.

I had a hard time eating a footlong sub before banding, I can't imagine doing it now. There is a new show called Diet Tribe or something like that. One of the women on the "diet" is a previous bypass patient who now weighs almost 300. I can't imagine going through that surgery to gain that much weight. I'm just saying...

That happens a LOT. Over time the stomach stretches, and before you know it it's back where it was -- and so is your weight. :cursing:

So now you've totally rewired your insides AND you're fat. Bad.

That happens a LOT. Over time the stomach stretches, and before you know it it's back where it was -- and so is your weight. :cursing:

So now you've totally rewired your insides AND you're fat. Bad.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You get them to basically remake your digestive tract only to keep doing the same things. I know that it is easy to slip. I am not throwing stones, but that is very disheartening to see. I am praying that isn't me in a few years. I know that I have that possibility, but I REALLY hope that isn't me.

I think it has to be quite frustrating to be them and that's my biggest fear -- that it will happen to me.

That's my fear. I don't want to be this size or bigger in 2 years. I am working hard to change my habits. I have been working with a counselor. It is hard stuff.

That's my fear. I don't want to be this size or bigger in 2 years. I am working hard to change my habits. I have been working with a counselor. It is hard stuff.

i've been calling it a "healthy paranoia" that i will regain, lose my band somehow, or in the beginning that it wouldn't work at all.

dh has to talk me off the ledge sometimes because i "read" too much here - he just lives in oblivion (which works well for him) that the band is here to stay in him.

my thinking of food / fitness / health has completely changed - i sometimes catch myself grocery shopping staring into others baskets.....i know, i have issues - but i do it..:cursing:

I am not sure if my paranoia is healthy or not. I get up everyday and see that I am not skinny. I keep hoping that I am going to wake up and drop 10 pounds (I know, but I can dream).

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You get them to basically remake your digestive tract only to keep doing the same things. I know that it is easy to slip. I am not throwing stones, but that is very disheartening to see. I am praying that isn't me in a few years. I know that I have that possibility, but I REALLY hope that isn't me.

I honestly believe that for most of us, it won't be us. You have to figure, we have a device meant to help us with the hungries. If needed, you can get a fill.

They have an operation that reroutes your insides and minimizes your stomach, but the stomach is an organ that can stretch -- just like we can stretch our pouches if we do bad things.

I know I mentioned before, but I had a friend who had GBP, and though he maybe went from 550 to 450 or so, he was large the entire time I knew him -- AND he even gained some. However, he also bragged about eating slider foods as if he was besting somebody or something trying to keep him down. I always wondered why somebody would go through SUCH a drastic operation and then do something like that.

We all know that our eating is psychological as well, since "normal" people don't eat to the point of morbid obesity. Though I personally believe we should all get help for our heads as well as our stomachs, we can at least affect our feelings of being full. They don't have that.

It's very sad, that one's addiction can allow them to do that to themselves.

Do you mind if I ask: But do you go to a counselor that specializes in eating disorders? I would like to find one. I've used counselors before, but I thought if I got one that specifically deals with these issues along with the core problems that led to our obesity, it would be a definite bonus. I have to believe they exist -- I just haven't looked yet.